Cover Image: From the Grave

From the Grave

This was a new author for me. The plot and storyline were very well done.  the author kept me guessing. Such a wonderful story. I would definitely try another book by This author.
We all know psychics are used for many things but criminal cases?
Now, we must look at this from a different angle as we have a former police detective, turned millionaire, who now works helping friends like Shelby.
Shelby simply wants to connect to her grandfather during a reading of the minds but instead gets a connection to PI McKenzie about stolen and missing money!!
OH, HELL NO!...
This leads to more questions than answers and all fingers pointing in his direction!
WTH!!
Just how much is everyone willing to believe and what will now happen to his reputation which is hanging vicariously on the line!....
A crazy messed up scenario turns dark and possibly deadly in this new thriller by David Housewright.
This is an intriguing book. The start is extremely befuddling, about's who, and who's talking, etc. It required a significant stretch of time to make sense of. The story is connecting with, and the riddle of what befell the cash turns out to be less of the focal point of the story than who the clairvoyants are and the individuals required around the burglary. I enjoyed the principle character, he appears to have honesty and is sensible yet I saw his associations with Nina as befuddling.

Also it’s the 17th book in the series do that didn’t help.
ex-cop, Minnesota, psychics, psychological

I felt quite lost for almost half of the book. Guess some series are hard to start with book 17, even if it is in the Twin Cities. Early in his career as a cop, Mac was in a position where he killed a bank robber and the accomplice, who was also his son, was sent to Federal prison. No cop ever fully recovers from such a thing, but after all these years it seems that the dead man wants Mac dead before he will reveal to his son where the loot was stashed. This is attested to by two separate psychic mediums. Interesting premise and Mac's personal life is craftily woven through it. Interesting read.
I requested and received a free ebook copy from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley.
This is the first book I have read in this series but I am going to go back and read them all! Love this main character and I think the other books in the series may help me gain a better understanding of how he ended up where he did. I felt like I was missing something. The plot is great...just enough twists and turns to hold my interest and the end left me wanting more. Thank you NetGalley for the advanced readers copy for review.
If you love "smart-talking" heroes, you'll love the Rushmore (Mac) McKenzie series by David Housewright. From The Grave is the latest winning entry in the series. It is as delightful as any the writer has gifted us. McKenzie is his usual witty self as he tackles the most unusual of death threats. The supporting cast is strong and the plot hums along at an entertaining pace. The eclectic mix of bad guys, good guys, witnesses, and psychics proves to be an irresistible combination. There are a lot of great fictional heroes based in the Midwest and this book reminds us why McKenzie is one of the best.
This is the first book I've read from David Housewright's McKenzie series.  Loved it!  Now I'm going to look for the rest and read them in order.  It's an engaging group of characters I will enjoy getting to know.
A really enjoyable read. Again I’m reading out of order in the series but didn’t feel like I was missing key information. It was good to catch up with McKenzie and his friends in this fun read about mediums and making amends for what you did in your life after you are gone. Thank you to #netgalley for the ARC of #fromthegrave to read and review ahead of publication.
Once you figure out the characters, the book settles into an interesting story worth a read. Had to give this one a little extra time, but it did get moving.
This is an interesting book. The beginning is very confusing, as to who's who, and who's talking and so forth. It took a while to figure out. The story is engaging, and the mystery of what happened to the money becomes less of the focus of the story than who the psychics are and the people involved around the robbery. I liked the main character, he seems to have integrity and is down to earth but I found his interactions with Nina to be confusing.  #FromtheGrave #NetGalley