Cover Image: The Last Sailor

The Last Sailor

The Last Sailor by Sarah Anne Johnson
This was a very well written heartfelt story. I loved this book, so much more than meets the eye. The love, hate, greed, and loss felt by several of the characters was brought out in feelings and descriptions. I would not consider this a fast easy read, it is a slow simmering cup of coffee to be savored and enjoyed, not rushed.
The writing reminds me of William Kent Krueger, so much story to tell and you feel like you are right there walking beside the characters. I consider this a family saga of how misunderstandings and assumptions can go badly so quickly when anger takes over. Highly recommend for anyone that enjoys a slow burning story that reminds us of the true enjoyment of reading.
I want to thank Sourcebooks Landmark and NetGalley for allowing me the opportunity to read and review this book for my honest unbiased opinion. This is a 5-star review. Highly recommend.
I received this from Netgalley.com.

Having lost their youngest brother in a tragic boating accident, Nathaniel and Finn struggle to find their own way in the world.

I enjoy historical fiction but the romance aspect falls into the cosy - chick lit genre, which is not what I like to read.

You ever want to read something so much, then you get to it and it bores the britches off of you? Here it is!
Heartfelt emotional drama on so many levels, between father and sons, between brothers, between families. The author blends and intertwines the story between the various relationships and characters perfectly; meshing grief, fear, love, anger, rage, longing, forgiveness, and finally peace.

I was provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Nathaniel likes being out on his boat. His father's house is out on the hill. I like Nathaniel. He has a younger brother Finn. I liked the descriptions.