Cover Image: Devil in the Details

Devil in the Details

A great fast paced thrilling read, first I’ve read by the author and this series but I’m definitely going to read more now. A likeable strong female lead, great side characters, addictive reading, what’s not to love

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
This book was non- stop action. Ivy has a demon child sparky who she believes has fallen ill. But whats wrong with sparky is even more insidious. This book was fantastic
 I loved the snarky characters and the slight twist in the plot. I will definitely be looking for more in the ivy granger series.
I love this series and hope this short stories is the prequel to a new instalment.
i liked the story and found it enjoyable and entertaining.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Ivy Granger, psychic detective, has adopted a demon son, who is being summoned and having his health compromised. Being Ivy, she’s not going to take this lying down. Or at all. This is a great series with a likeable female protagonist and plenty of action. I enjoyed this little slice of life in Harboursmouth.
Cute short story. Would have liked it to be a bit longer. I'll be looking for some of her other work to see if she continues to write about the characters in this story.
Ivy Granger's demon pooch is sick and while she is working to discover why there is no telling what mischief she will uncover in this short story.
Since I really enjoyed Ivy's story up until now, I am sad to say that this particular snippet of Ivy and Sparky didn't hold my attention much.

I found it too short, I would have loved a bit more of the family side of the gang. There was also the spark missing that always pulled me into Harboursmouth, but I really can't say what it is other than I just wanted more from this.
Maybe it's going into this expecting a full novella or it can be a mood thing.

Other than that, E.J. Stevens' writing is great as always and I'm looking forward to her next book in the series!

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for this eARC.
I've enjoyed all the novels and stories in the Ivy Granger, Psychic Detective series… including this one. From book to book and story to story, the characters continue to evolve as they interact with each other.

Along with human inhabitants, Harborsmouth is home to all kinds of paranormal beings, including the demon child Sparky that Ivy and her roommate Jinx have adopted. Much to Ivy's chagrin, Jinx is currently dating Forneus, the Grand Marquis of Hell. To round out this supernatural multicultural mix is Kate, a witch who despises demons.

Sparky has come down with something that is making him truly ill. Ivy and Jinx need help figuring this out. What are his adoptive moms to do? You will find out when you read this short tale of mysterious mayhem.
If you try to hurt someone close to Ivy Granger,  psychic detective of Harborsmouth, you have to bear with the consequences - especially when you choose her child.
I loved this but it’s not really a complete story just a snippet really about Ivy and her much loved Sparky..  Sparky is sick but as a Demon he’s susceptible to things that Ivy hadn’t considered. Luckily as an emerging Fae princess Ivy has tricks up her sleeves and knows all the right people. It’s just so disappointing that this was so incredibly short but nevertheless I did enjoy it and Ivy is always a joy to read about
I received a free copy of DEVIL IN THE DETAILS (An Ivy Granger, Psychic Detective, Short Story) by E.J. Stevens in exchange for an honest review.  Ivy Granger started out as a psychic detective with just her friend Jinx for support and assistance.  Since then, Ivy’s circumstances have changed, and Ivy and Jinx are no longer alone.  One of those new additions to their family is an innocent toddler.  This short story explores how Ivy and Jinx respond when that toddler comes down with a mysterious illness.

I enjoyed this story and am a huge fan if the Ivy Granger series.  I recommend the entire series to fans of urban fantasy!

#DevilintheDetails #NetGalley
I really loved this book when I was just at the first page. It is a rapid fire full of dialogue, action and many small parts of being-a-demon thing. I've never read before anything about a young demon, or a girl demon, in this case Ivy, who wants to protect the outer world from demons even from herself. It is fluid and it can be read easily.
I'm a fan of this series. This particular piece is a short story.

It illustrates the love of adopted family and the lengths a mother will go to save her child.

I was given a free copy and I am leaving my honest review.
It's too short! I loved it. Sparky is the cutest and Ivy is frightful when Sparky is in-dangered. Just what I've come to expect from this series, Ivy and her friends are badass. #DevilInTheDetails #NetGalley
A big thank you to NetGalley and  Sacred Oaks Press for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. this is part of a series.  this is a reprint as it was part of an anthology.  It reads well as a stand alone.  It is very short (less than an hour read time). It's fun and cute and still violent!  Momma protecting her cub so to speak.  I think I read the first book but it's been a while.  4 stars