Cover Image: Don't Look for Me

Don't Look for Me

TW: mentioned death of a child, alcoholism, brief panic attacks, mentions of suicidal thoughts,

First off, I’m a little late with this review. The book is already out but nonetheless I’m happy to finally get this arc done. Thank you Netgalley and publishers for giving me this chance.

Second, I always suggest reading the book before reviews unless it’s for trigger warnings. Something I may like , may not be something you like. So yeah..

Now onto the story! We start off with Molly, who’s had lost one of her three children. Now dealing with the grief. The last thing we see is that she supposedly runs away. Throughout the whole book we’re switching from the past to the current with her daughter Nicole. I really like this. Rarely do I read books with POV shifts . Although it does get confusing at times. But on one side we’re dealing with mom and on the other we’re dealing with the daughter.

As I’m reading it, at first it was slowly gripping my attention but as I restarted it from the beginning and really focused in everything happening. It really caught and kept my attention.

I loved the pacing and overall the voices of each character. The themes are interesting, and yet compelling. It’s something I haven’t really read in a story before. Not saying they aren’t stories covering this. I’m saying  it’s something I’ve never personally read.

Anyway, I’m really glad I read this. From beginning, middle and end it was such interesting and joyful experience. Still a huge fan of the authors work and I can’t wait to see more.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Don’t Look For Me - Wendy Walker

Gripping from the very first chapter! Once you start you will not want to stop!

I absolutely loved flipping back and forth between Molly and Nic’s perspective. It was a neat way to explore a damaged mother daughter relationship, and the drive to fix it before it was too late.

The twists and turns truly don’t stop until the end. Even without the final twist, my mine was blown over the quality of this thriller. Definitely one of my favourite thrillers of all time! Loved it!
Not my first Wendy Walker experience and won't be my last.  She knows how to keep my attention - this is a must read for those that love suspenseful thrillers!
Molly's guilt sends her running away from her family, inadvertently  into a dangerous situation, Angry as she is, her daughter feels something is wrong, and so Nicole searches for her mother. Dear Reader must truly stretch belief at the climax, but still, it's a good thriller, with lovely ambiguity, a creepy little child, and shattered family dynamics. I was fortunate to receive a digital copy from the publisher St. Martin's Press through NetGalley.
Go good! I thought oh enjoyed this book. Keep me up all night. Can wait to read more my this author.
Don't Look For Me is a fast paced, domestic thriller, that keeps you on thenedge of your seat. I love a good thriller. This book gives you all the feels.

It is told in dual POV and the timeline bounces from the present, to a few years ago, and days after the mom goes missing. You follow Molly, the mother, and Nicole, the daughter, through a devastating loss, trying to find their way through the pain and the grief, when Molly goes missing.

While Nicole is searching for her mother, she leans on a few people from the town she was last seen in. Hastings Pass, is a creepy little town, mysterious, in bum fucked Egypt, where she stumbles upon secrets that bring her trouble!

Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press, for providing mr with this ARC.
Wendy Walker has a way with her storytelling that makes it impossible to put down. This books exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t be more appreciative that I got the chance to read it early
The night Molly disappeared began with a storm, running out of gas, and a man offering her a ride to safety. But when the doors lock shut, Molly begins to suspect she has made a terrible mistake.

The authorities call it a walk away, where a woman leaves her family due to being overwhelmed, burnt out or another similar reason.  When her car is found abandoned at a gas station with no sign of fowl play the authorities are not very concerned.

A new lead brings Molly’s daughter, Nicole, back to the small, desolate town where her mother was last seen to renew the desperate search. The locals are sympathetic and eager to help. The innkeeper. The bartender. Even the police. Until secrets begin to reveal themselves and Nicole comes closer to the truth about that night—and the danger surrounding her.
This book was a wonderful mystery! This was my second book by this author, but certainly not my last. I think Walker’s characters and plot lines are always so well thought out, and I really enjoyed this story.
24 hours. I devoured this book in 24 hours. *aggressively stretches and cracks knuckles* HEREEEE WE GOOO!!! Excellent news, friends: my insatiable appetite for a heart stopping, jaw dropping, goosebumps inducing thriller has been (temporarily) satisfied! This book had me reeling, squealing, and obsessively page turning! To review this book without writing about any spoilers is a seemingly impossible task so take my word for it that this thriller is a hot commodity this October and for good reason! Moral of the story: forgive the wrongs of your parents and don't accept rides from strangers! Okay, BRB - going to write to Merriam webster and request that they IMMEDIATELY update the definition of "page-turner" to simply: Don't Look for Me by Wendy Walker.
I love everything Wendy Walker writes. Her stories are immersive, twisty, and fun! I look forward to her next book.
Don’t Look for Me by Wendy Walker is a suspense filled mystery that hooks you from the very start.  We meet Molly and her family a she is trying to hold her family together after the tragedy of the death of her young daughter 5 years prior.  What’s so sad who is responsible for her death.
As the story opens we meet Nicole (the daughter) who has become a wild child. The husband (who has become very distant) and Evan (who is at a boarding school) through Molly thinking about them as she makes her way back home during a storm. She runs out of gas right before a gas station that is closed because of the storm. What is she to do? She starts walking and a truck comes by and offers her a ride.
And then she is gone. The police called it “a walk away”, but Nicole doesn’t believe it. But all leads show that’s what happened…but did it? I highly recommend this book for those that love a good mystery.  You won’t be disappointed.
Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for an ARC for an honest opinion.
I read this book i December 2020

I really enjoyed this book. I’ve read all of Wendy Walker’s books and this is again a thrill ride. I didn’t have it figured out and there were tons of odd clues. A story of many broken people. How to put your life back together after tragedy can be very long and painful.

Molly feels the need to give so much more to her two children since the death of her youngest daughter.  Her outpouring isn't always received well.  As she returns home from a trip to her son's boarding school she runs out of gas and the weather is awful.  Should she accept the ride from a stranger?  When she doesn't return home and the search leads nowhere her daughter sets out on her own to find out more.  Even with a note left behind Nicole knows this is not how her mother would behave.  When a tip gives a lead she goes on her own to find out more.  This book is scary and full of dark moments and people who are not at all who they say they are.  I loved the adrenaline this book gave me!
This book started kind of slow for me, I wasn't really invested, didn't much care for the characters, wasn't really interested in the outcome...until it stopped setting it up and really got into the "meat" of it.  Then I was all in!! There were several red herrings so it wasn't 100% clear who the "bad guy" was until the end, and even then, when you thought it was all tied up and you were just waiting for the "where are they now" portion, there were still surprises.  Very nicely done, I'm very interested in more from this author, she knows how to turn things on a dime!
Wowza! I couldn't put this book down. I won't give anything away because I think this is best going in blind on this one. There's lots of twists and turns.

I wasn't overly thrilled with the ending but overall I highly recommend this book to friends that love a good, suspense filled twisty thriller.
I am a fan of Wendy Walker and Don't Look For me Doesn't disappoint.

This was complex, twisty and fast paced. I read this in one day, a perpetual page turner. It grabs you doesn't let go till the last page.
Molly's disappearance was a total mystery. No one can figure it out and she's thought to have left on her own accord after many family trials. This story has many ups and downs and I couldn't put it down. Thank God for Nicole not giving up, Molly not giving up, and Nicole having the sense to not trust ANYONE. Such a thrill to ride along while reading this book. Highly Recommend.
4 stars

Another winner from Wendy Walker, which is why she is one of my “go-to” authors.  She certainly knows how to keep the tension high and always manages to throw you some surprises and curve balls.

This story is told in alternating viewpoints of Molly and her daughter Nic (Nicole) during different timelines that ultimately merge at a heart stopping end.  I don’t want to go into any of the plot points, but in typical Walker fashion, she delves into the shades of gray of human psychology and really makes you think and feel for these characters.

I highly recommend this book as it is one that you will not want to put down.

Thank you to St. Martin's Press for my copy of this book via NetGalley
I could not put this down once I began reading.  I honestly never expected to feel such heartbreak for a character in a thriller. Dislike, yes. Creating unlikable characters seems to be a trademark of this genre.  Every time I turned the page during Molly's story, I felt my heart break a little more for her.  Add to that the twists and turns as her daughter impressively investigates her mother's disappearance, and I was hooked until the end.

Molly Clarke, mother of three, struggles with the loss of her youngers daughter Annie.  Even worse with the circumstances surrounding her death.  Her husband is cold and distant, her kids ignore her and say the most hurtful things imaginable.  That doesn't stop Molly from driving hours to support her son during his game, despite the incoming hurricane.  Even if he pretends she isn't there...
When Molly doesn't return home from her son's game and her car is found, abandoned near a gas station, cell phone left behind, her family wonders, "Did Molly really leave or did something happen?"  It's up to Molly's daughter Nicole to find the answers, and she will no matter what.
Absolutely loved this story! Looking forward to reading more books by this author! Highly recommend!