The Stanley Cup Playoffs

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Apr 2020

This is a book that would be perfect for any hockey fan! Personally, I’ve been watching hockey for about a year now and found the information in this book extremely interesting as a lot of if I was unaware of. The overall tone of the book also made it really enjoyable to read. The way Matt Doeden presents the information and retells the events of the Stanley Cup playoffs is more like a friend recounting these stories than the dry tone I usually find in nonfiction text.
This was a pretty fun book about the Stanley Cup, and hockey history. I love reading old hockey stories and learned a few new ones from this book. I also love seeing old hockey photos and appreciated those as well.

As a long-time hockey fan who played women's hockey in high school and has become disenchanted with the NHL due to the violence and sexism in the league, I personally very much appreciated the inclusion of women's hockey in the "other leagues" section, and the inclusion of the fact that the NHL is going to have to reckon with CTE sooner or later, whether they want to or not. I appreciated the emphasis on the fact that the old rules (or lack of rules) about helmets and fights were, quite frankly, terrible.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. This would probably be a pretty good gift for a hockey-loving friend or family member out there.
This a not a review as I was unable to download book to my kindle or iPhone.
I really wanted to read this but...
I am giving this 5 stars so as not to punish author.
An history of the Stanley Cup and some overall hockey too. It was okay, the presentation might have use a bit more editing to make it look better but and okay book.