Cover Image: Life on Repeat

Life on Repeat

How would you live your life if you knew it wasn’t your only one? Would you do anything differently if you knew you would have to do it all again? I’m not sure how many lives I have lived; I only know this is not my first. Or second. My name is Sarah Daley, and I’m 19 years old . . . again.

This is the first book in The Sarah Saga series by Marble, and I really enjoyed it.
It follows Sarah through 3 of her many lives - as Sarah Mackenzie, Sarah Kent and Sarah Daley, and the range of emotions she feels when she remembers that each life isn’t her first.
It’s fast paced and full of twists and turns that left me wanting more. I couldn’t put it down. It was so easy to get lost in the story that before I knew it I was three quarters of the way through the book. The characters are engaging, and so likeable. Sometimes books have an amazing concept but aren’t executed in a way that does that concept justice. This is not one of those books! The first instalment of The Sarah Saga series was brilliant and ended on a cliffhanger. I can’t wait for the next book.
Thank you Netgalley for allowing me to read and review.
Sarah has lived many times. When she first becomes aware of this her memories of past lives are limited but gradually she remembers more. When she meets Luke she is convinced that everyone has a soulmate but she does not her ‘happy ever after’ or does she. A real “what happens next!!” at the end of this book.
This is an intriguing start to the journey through the many lives, loves and stories of the many Sarahs we are sure to meet.
I feel like this had a nice premise, especially considering I absolutely loved the movie Before I Fall, but I was a little let down. Everything was pretty fast paced and there wasn't much basis given regarding things that I feel like would have been important. Overall, it was an okay read.
** I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an review**

Life on Repeat is a a quick YA read about reincarnation. The main character Sarah has led multiple lives, and tries to navigate her current life while dealing with the memories of the past.
This kind of story has been done before (Fallen.. Incarnate.. etc) and it is always something I start out excited to read about, but ends up just not doing it for me. Life on Repeat unfortunately also wasn't it for me. Despite describing various past lives, skills, likes/dislikes of the main character I had a hard time connecting with her... or any of the characters. It felt really impersonal and rushed and I wasn't even really sure of what the actual plot was. The book hit a point where I thought it was finally starting to get interesting, and then in a few pages it was over.
The idea of this story continues to interest me though, but I would like to see the characters fleshed out a bit more, and maybe some breadcrumbs on what the eventual main story arc will be about. I would consider reading the follow up to this book. I remain hopeful that the story will eventually pick up.
Sarah begins her current life in 1974. As a teenager, a dodgeball to her head stirs up recollections of past lives. Always named Sara. Only lives until at most her early 20’s. Then she dies, and the cycle begins again. The book takes us through three cycles of Sarah’s life, where each time her recollections come back quicker, and technology helps her remember. In the second life we meet Luke, who becomes the love of her life.

This book definitely made me want to keep reading, and I finished it in one night. But I struggled with parts, some too coincidental (sure, but.....) and some too perfect. And the cliffhanger really was not helpful, though I get it’s supposed to be a series. I’m hoping future books will make the story come together better, and maybe the possibility of combining books, as the cliffhanger was just so abrupt.
Thank you to the publishers, author and NetGalley for the free copy of this book!

This was a very quick, easy read- sometimes too quick- but overall a very interesting idea! Some areas seemed like they fell short and I felt myself starting to lose focus with the story but the premise kept me going, and it did seem to pick up more towards the end. I was able to read this in one sitting, but I feel like if I had to step away from the book at all I would have struggled to continue- it needed a little more substance. One thing I really did not like was the ending! Yes, cliffhangers are important, but I feel like it just.... stopped, and it was frustrating! But hey, I guess that is going to make me keep an eye on the next book.
Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for this review copy
I loved the concept of this book of multiple lives and living to a certain age, I wish there was more of a background on why she was like this. But I can understand why it’s hard to know a background on something that just happens. I loved that she found love in the middle of this and he believed her. The end and I just left like this book was a little rushed is what got me to give it 3 stars. I can’t wait to read the rest of this saga
WOW absolutely loved this book. I read it in one day it was so good and now feel like I’ve lost a friend. Be on the look out for this author
Thank you to NetGalley and Hildebrand Books for this ebook !!

This is the first book in The Sarah Sagas, which is based on Sarah who lives multiple lives as different persons across decades. But most interestingly in each life she is always named as Sarah and always meets a tragic end. What most would see as opportunity to live life again and enjoy all the privileges and avoid all the mistakes, she sees it as a curse since life is always on a repeat for her and she lives in constant fear as to when the life she is living is going to end.

It was a quick read for me since I finished it in one sitting. It was an innovative and captivating story and I can’t wait for the rest of the saga to know how exactly does Sarah's life end.

But I just hope that in the next few books there is a bit more clarity and emphasis about her past life and the events that occur because in this book the events were a bit rushed.
Rated 1.5 really.

First off...DISCLAIMER: this title was up for grabs on NetGalley (in the Read Now section). Thanks to Hildebrand Books for providing a temporary ecopy. This didn't influence my review in any way.

CONDENSED MATTER

Premise: I don't pledge to read the printed word, if by that you mean reading all the books that were/will ever be written. Before I commit to a book, I do my utmost to be sure that it's up my alley - I read early reviews if there are any, I even read an excerpt if it's available. Back when Life on Repeat grabbed my attention on NetGalley, there were less than a handful of reviews on Goodreads, and I couldn't locate an excerpt anywhere. So I went into it with only the blurb to make an informed decision by. If I had had a little more info beforehand, I would have realised it wasn't my cup of tea, and I wouldn't find myself in the position to write a negative review...which isn't something I enjoy. But yeah, here we are.
Life on Repeat has got an intriguing premise - especially since, at the end of Book 1, we still don't know if Sarah is simply reincarnating or there's a different explanation for her predicament (though it sounds like a conspiracy of sorts is in place, so I'm inclined to validate the second hypothesis). I'm surprised this book is part of a series to begin with, since it's painfully short and rushed, albeit it covers a few of Sarah's lives and dwells (so to speak) on more than one year in her life as Sarah Daley. Sure there was space to expand the story and cover all the necessary ground. Also, there's very little dialogue compared to description, and though the writing isn't by any means what you would call "bad" (hence the additional half star), it's all telling and no showing. So those were my main issues with it.

CANDID SHOTS

Life on Repeat is, also, essentially a story about soul mates - which isn't something I believe in, plus I'm not a romance reader anyway. But a personal preference alone wouldn't have justified so low a rating. The fact is, because of the telling-not-showing approach and the book's shortness, we never really get the sense of a relationship progressing. A certain character makes a hasty decision based on the past they shared with the protagonist, though the situation is all but changed for them. Which brings me to my other point - the characters are nice, I'll give them that, but they get no development whatsoever. Also, when Sarah reveals her secret to someone, she's either deemed mad or straight-up believed in the space of a few sentences, and BAM! there are consequences (bad or good). No major plot point gets the necessary setup. A couple of supposed twists are painfully obvious from the start. On top of all, after the only turn of events that I didn't see coming (one that doesn't seem to make Sarah as emotional as she had a right to be), the book ends with a major cliffhanger - as in, NOTHING gets resolved. I know there are tons of books out there that end in the same way, but this particular cliffhanger was brutal...which, given the book's shortness, shouldn't have surprised me - but it did.
It goes without saying that, even if I'm still mildly curious about Sarah's predicament, I don't plan on continuing with the series.
A sincere thank you to the publisher, author and Netgalley for providing me an ebook copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This is not my usual genre, I’m more of a crime/thriller reader however this story intrigued me. I absolutely loved it, truly one of the best books I have read. I am extremely pleased and grateful to both for opening up my mind to something totally different.
I found this book to be a very quick read which was a nice change. It could have been because the writing was very simple but captivating, or the fact that I was drawn into the story and the characters right away but I finished the whole book in the blink of an eye. The book starts out with our main character Sarah realizing that the life she is living isn't her first one. Sarah has the ability to remember her past lives and everything in them, her name and how she once died. The only problem is that isn't normal for people so she tries her best to figure out what is causing this as she is forced to relive her past again and again. What was interesting was the author just seemed to throw the reader right into the middle of the plot, there wasn't much build up in characters which was very different, however it made for an interesting story line because it made me as a reader feel that I was exploring and experiencing things along with the main character. I also found the quick flash backs very interesting because the author talked about how "Sarah" died and what was happening to her at the time along with making our character pretty calm about the whole thing because she knows that she will have another life to experience soon. This was a very quick read, and the ending!! I can't wait to see what is going to happen in the next book. The only thing I didn't like was I wanted to know why Sarah is living the past lives and get more detail, because parts of it seemed a bit rushed.
I was given an eArc by NetGalley for an honest review of this book.

Sarah, the main character, lives repeatedly as some version herself in a different time and place lifetime after lifetime. Her name is always Sarah. Sometime during her early teenage years she will start to experience vivid memories related to her past existences. Sarah struggles to find meaning and connection with others by simply going through the motions as she lives brief repeated lives.  When she meets Luke all of this changes and she finally feels like she’s living.

This was an extremely fast read exploring the possibilities of reincarnation. Life on Repeat has an intriguing premise, however, it left me looking for more. I found the speed of the story did not allow me to connect to the characters and I would have loved to see more of Sarah and Luke’s story during both of Sarah’s lifetimes where he is present.

As the pace of the book journeys on, it suddenly ends in Italy with  a doozy of a cliffhanger. The ending left me slightly confused, wondering what I had missed. I even went on a search to see when the next installment would be out. All in all this is a quick and entertaining read as long as you are prepared for a cliffhanger ending and the inevitable wait which accompanies the next book in an unwritten series.
The idea behind this book was SO good and intriguing. However, the writing felt disconnected.  It was hard to follow the jumps in time and the flashbacks.  I would've liked to see more details and depth on the bigger things and less details and descriptions of the smaller details.
The start of The Sarah Sagas, this book starts the chronicles of Sarah's multiple lives, stopping at present day Sarah, after the tragedy of meeting her soulmate in the previous life and dying too young. This isn't a science fiction book, it's focus is more on the light romance.

The first person, past tense, writing style made this unusual story a little difficult to get into but something about the plot and Sarah's voice made me want to keep reading, to find out if she would find out how she was and if she would meet Luke again.

The ending to this story really threw me, because it wasn't an ending. No cliffhanger, it felt like it literally just ended in the middle of a chapter, leaving me flicking through pages and wondering if the copy I was sent was missing some pages.

I quite enjoyed this story, but I'm not sure there was enough to make me want to read the future books. The ending did not make me happy, I don't mind cliffhanger endings but endings that abrupt annoy me. I don't feel that the continuation of this story will add anything of interest for me.

On my Blog: https://vee-bookish.blogspot.com/2020/03/life-on-repeat-by-amy-larson-marble.html
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

First of all, thank you for NetGalley and W. Brand Publishing for making this available for review. My opinion/s are in no way affected by anything except my experience while reading this. :D

Life on Repeat is about Sarah who had lived multiple lives as different persons. At one point in each of her life, she will remember moments of her previous lives. This kind of setting is very intriguing for me and the main reason I got this book. I was very interested on how the author will create a story based on this premise.

This was a surprisingly short book. The early half part of the book felt like I was just watching a movie and I felt disconnected to the story. The pacing at the start is too fast and at some parts every single thing is being described. The switch from the past to the present and back is disconcerting.

It did picked up halfway when Sarah finally met someone and things started to get interesting. I'm very glad I continued reading it. I felt so bad for Sarah because her situation really is very depressing. Putting myself on her shoe, living the life she's living would be a lonely existence. I love that somehow, she has someone to treasure.

Though the romance sort of saved my rating for this book, I should have read this with a mindset that this is just the first book and that there might be books after this.

It was okay but I wanted and expected more from it.
Really enjoyed this book more than I thought I would! It was a very quick read and incredibly enjoyable.
The idea of the book really grabbed me. The idea of living a relatively short life over and over again. A sort of Groundhog life.  However Groundhog day become restricted by its own 24 hour time frame.Carrying forward some of those experiences and memories. It such a strong idea. There is a much broader canvas to paint upon. A much richer tapestry  to weave.  I am pleased to say the great premise is executed brilliantly.

It has me hooked from the first pages.  The character is appealing and likable, driving the reader forward. Making you care and want to know what the next page holds. It gripping.,  a page turner from the very beginning. It gets stronger as it proceeds whipping up anticipation. It does this in spades and doesn't disappoint.

I don't want to give any of the plot aware, so I wont. It has love interest and there is really exciting scope for a series of fantastic book. A great start and so much possibilities. The only question is when can we have more  ?
This is one of those books that has a premise that looks good in theory, but the actual execution of it falls flat.  I feel that this would have been a lot better if the author had written it in "real time" and allowed the reader to share the experiences with Sarah as they occurred.  The focus on her past took a lot of the enjoyment out of this book for me.
I found this an interesting read, it was very different from what I expected it to be. I found that I couldn't put the book down though and read it from start to end in one sitting. I normally don't read romance but found this to be cute and heartwarming. I found the cliffhanger a great way to make people want to read the next book.
Although at some points I found the book quite confusing and a bit away from the point.
Overall I think that it is a good book but is slightly more romantic than I would usually read.