Cover Image: Deep Fried Revenge

Deep Fried Revenge

Restaurant owner and chef Angie Turner is participating in Restaurant Wars at the state fair but finds herself dealing with a lot more than stress from the cooking competition. It seems someone is out to kill the winning chefs plus her boyfriend has befriended a mysterious homeless girl and then there is the matter of a stranger in the park that seems to know Angie and then turns up at her neighbor's house.

I enjoyed the mysteries within the mystery and found the main characters although not perfect to be likable and relatable. Thanks to Kensington and NetGalley for an ARC. The opinions expressed are my own.
Angie Turner and her found family kitchen crew are back and taking on a chef’s competition at the fair. In this instalment, Angie is busy working, prepping, planning, and spending more time with Ian at the fair than we usually see him in the book. Unlike the description, there isn’t a corn dog recipe fight, the winner of the first competition is found dead. Then someone else is poisoned when they eat food meant for the second winner. Angie is on her toes trying to keep track of the clues and keep everything running. The non-stop pace really suits the hustle and bustle of the fair and the competition.
In addition to all of that, she has taken on a new employee, a homeless teenager that Ian has asked her to help. Bleak comes with her own mysteries to solve. There are a few open threads as the book closes (not related to the mystery) so I look forward to the next book in the series. Deep Fried Revenge is a fast paced mystery perfect for cozy readers and food lovers.
Deep Fried Revenge is the 4th book in the Farm-To-Fork cozy mystery series and is another winner! It has everything I love about cozy mysteries- likable interesting characters, friendship, and an intriguing cozy mystery, What's not to love! Angie and Felicia own a restaurant, County Seat, that serves locally grown produce and meat. They are entered in a cooking competition at the fair. This is an interesting storyline. On top of that, they are trying to help a teenager. Then after one of the chefs wins the daily event, he is poisoned. Who is next? Angie, her boyfriend Ian, and their friends need to figure it out before another chef is hurt. I had suspicions but it kept me guessing until the end. This is an awesome addition to the series and is very enjoyable!
From Lynn Cahoon comes the fourth installment in the “A Farm-to-Fork Mystery” cozy series,  Deep Fried Revenge. Published by Kensington Books starting April 7th.

Angie and company are hard at work trying to win the Boise best restaurant competition. But when things turn nasty and restaurant owners start dying, Angie steps into the investigation to prevent anyone else from becoming the next victim.  This cozy series has become a fan favorite. The characters are intelligent, charming, and easily likable. The setting of Boise, Idaho, although not a big city or a small town, has a certain ambiance that allows readers to achieve a small home town feeling without being too “city.”

The setting of a cooking competition, although not necessarily unique in a cozy series, allows the reader to be introduced to a more extensive cast, with some delightfully descriptive food ideas that will leave them craving summer festivals and fairs.  The background of these characters is not needed to enjoy this book. Readers will have no trouble figuring out who the players are and what purpose they serve within the series and the plot of this new book.

The murder(s) and the subplot are all intertwined and keep readers guessing until the end of the book. Motives are plentiful, but the story never strays too far away from what readers would expect of a cozy series. Victims are not well known but aren’t disliked. The competition may be stiff, but the competitors are all talented chefs with restaurants that the audience would be thrilled to spend a couple of hours dining with family and friends. The unmasking of the killer is exciting and action-filled. Angie saves the day, as usual, but risks her life to get to the bottom of the investigation. She also happens to help save a young run-a-ways future while her relationship with Ian continues to blossom.

Ms. Cahoo’s writing is as always top-notch. Her characters are fully developed, very realistic, and a joy to spend time with. Her settings are always descriptive, and places readers would enjoy visiting over and over. I am pleased to see this cozy series continue to gain strength and look forward to the next addition. I am delighted to recommend Deep Fried Revenge.
Angie has entered her County Seat restaurant in a state fair competition but was sure that what was coming wasn't on the menu. There are twelve competitors and the last one standing, so to speak, is the winner. When the first winning chef falls Angie better get to the bottom of it before she is added to the body count.
I enjoy spending time with Angie and Felicia and the rest of the people in this series. The animals are great, too. As for the setting, well, who wouldn't like to spend time at the Boise State Fair with all of the food and rides and exhibits. Hold the homicide, please.
This entry can be read as a stand alone but do yourself a favor and get your hands on the rest of the series so you can binge on them when you have finished this one. Can't wait for the next book, Penned In, coming out August 31, 2020.
My thanks to the publisher Lyrical Press and to NetGalley for giving me an advance copy in exchange for my honest review.
Deep Fried Revenge by Lynn Cahoon is the 4th book in the Farm to Fork Mystery series, and another great addition to the series. Angie Turner is busy getting ready for the State Fair challenge, where she has entered her restaurant, The County Seat, in Boise's Best Restaurant contest.  The problem is something bad happens to the restaurants that win, so Angie and the crew are on the case.  Once I started this book I could not stop reading it. It was a quick read that kept me guessing. I look forward to the next book in the series. I recommend this book for all cozy mystery book lovers, you will not be disappointed.
When the winner of the first part of the county fair competition is found dead and one of the other chef ends up  in the hospital with poisoning in his trailer Angie starts investigating. Between looking into the murder and helping a runaway kid she has her hands full.
I'm a big fan of Lynn Cahoon and this book didn't disappoint. Great addition to the series!
The Idaho State Fair is a big deal and this year the competition ramps up to include the Boise's Best Restaurant Contest. Angie Turner and her crew from her restaurant the County Seat are running all over the place trying to guess what the next challenge will entail. Everyone gets the same dish to put their own personal spin on.

Not all of the contestants are in it for fun. Someone is knocking off the winners. Angie and her team aren't about to keep their noses out of the sleuthing fun and they intend to win the contest too!

Chefs are the most competitive people! While our beloved chefs at the County Seat are an exception, some of these folks are crazy!

This is the fourth book in the Farm to Fork Mysteries and I felt like everyone was on point and the characters are coming together nicely. I may have gained a few pounds with this one!

Well Done!

NetGalley/ April 7th, 2020 by Lyrical Press
This was a new author for me. The plot and storyline were very well done.  the author kept me guessing. Such a wonderful story. I would definitely try another book by This author.
Deep Fried Revenge by Lynn Cahoon is book Four in the Farm to Fork Mystery series. I have read all in the series and they are all  great! The farm setting with spoiled farm animals always brings a smile to my face! You do not have to have read the entire series, you will want to.
This time Angie and the gang have entered Restaurant Wars at the state fair and feel they have a great chance of winning but, when winning chefs start turning up dead they know they better get to sleuthing and find the killer before their winning entry comes up.
The series has great relatable characters, humor, family and friends, romance, and plenty of plot twists. The setting in my op[n[on, Cahoon takes you to Idaho.
I was given an ARC by NetGalley and Kensington for an honest review.
I always enjoy visiting with Chef Angie Turner and her staff at the County Seat farm-to-fork restaurant. Book 4 embroils the team in a Restaurant Wars competition, and the murder of one of the winning chefs. A mini-mystery involving a runaway girl also captures Angie and her boyfriend, Ian McNeal’s attention. The second half of the story moves swiftly into an exciting wrap-up of both mysteries! I really enjoy this cozy series.

I honestly reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and Kensington Publishing. Thank you.
It is fun times in River Vista when the County Seat Restaurant with Angie and the staff participate in restaurant wars at the Idaho State Fair in Boise where they put their farm to fork in play creating unique presentations of dishes. That is, it is fun until one chef dies from poisoning and happens to be the first winner. Angie, Ian, Felicia, and Estebe set out to figure out who has reason to want someone dead. Who is next? They find out about an affair, a restaurant in financial trouble, and more reasons that might make a killer set his or her sights on the different contestants. But enough to kill? There are a couple of strangers in town that raise suspicions and a homeless teen that Ian and the rest of the crew take under their wings.
This is a fun series to read about realistic, likable characters in a family type atmosphere where great foods are created and served with a side of a murder mystery to solve. It is always a fun place to return to and see what is happening with Angie, Ian, and the County Seat Restaurant employees.
I received a complimentary ARC from Kensington Publishing and Lyrical Press through NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are mine only.
When Angie called me to invite me for a visit...I was really excited.  When she went on to tell me it was the Idaho state fair and she would be participating in their own version of “restaurant wars”....well I was on the next plane!  I mean corn dogs, cotton candy, fudge, beer, rides, AND a cooking competition….what more could you ask for???
Round 1 of the competition was corn dogs….and let me just say Angie’s team should have one...those corn dogs were delish!!!....oh sorry got distracted thinking about the food.  Anyways when they announced the winner of round 1….he wasn’t around to collect his prize.  That’s because he had been poisoned!!
You know earlier when I said what more could I ask for….Well how about not turning the competition into a bad version of the hunger games.
Knowing Angie….I knew the rest of my visit would be less about the tilt-a-whirl, and more about finding who is trying to pick off all the chefs in the competition!

My thoughts:
I have enjoyed all the books in the series, but this was the best one yet!! I felt like we got more of the small town feel I love. The camaraderie of the County Seat team, the setting of the fair...loved, loved, loved it!  As usual Lynn Cahoon did an amazing job with the writing!  I liked that we are seeing Angie and Ian’s relationship evolve, and Estebe and Felicia….well im really rooting for those two crazy kids,  the subplot with Bleak was interesting, and the mystery itself kept me guessing to the end!   Admittedly I was really distracted with the food and rides lol.

This book is definitely a fabulous addition to a great series!! I highly recommend you check out all the books in the series! It’s mouthwatering delicious!! Ohh and so are the recipes included!!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank Netgalley, the author Lynn Cahoon, and the publisher for this opportunity.
Deep Fried Revenge is Book 4 in the Farm to Fork Mystery Series.

I have read the previous 3 books in the series and LOVED them all.

The characters are well developed and fleshed out. I love Angie and her friends and their interactions together.

The descriptive writing is this book were fantastic.

The mystery is well crafted with a few twists.

I look forward to the next book in the series.
Would someone really poison chefs in order to win a cooking competition at the Idaho Stste Fair?  Geez!  And what does this mean for Angie, who has entered her own restaurant, the County Seat?  Angie and her friend Felicia, who own the restaurant, are also helping Bleak, a runaway teen who won't talk about her past.  Regular cozy readers know that the cooks who were poisoned had more than one enemy, that Angie will investigate, that there will be wonderful descriptions of food, and that there will be more than one twist.  Sheriff Brown, who has been exasperated with Angie in the past, welcomes her help this time.  I like this series (this one will be fine as a standalone) for its characters and setting, even though there's been a ridiculous number of murders for a small town!  Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. A fun cozy read.
This fourth book in the Farm-to-Fork mystery series takes us to the Western Idaho State Fair. I grew up going to the Eastern Idaho State Fair, so I felt the designation was necessary.
Angie and crew are participating in a best restaurant contest at the fair. The very first competition winner dies. Angie wonders what is going on.
There are interesting red herrings, a girl on the run who finds a place to land at the County Seat and River Vista, some hair raising experiences and deepening of Angie and Ian's relationship.
It was fun to go to the fair. The murderer was creepy. The food sounded good. I like Angie's reasoning to Sheriff Allen for why she didn't join the police force.
The title is catchy but I'm not sure of its applicability to the mystery. It's definitely applicable to fair food.
I think this mystery would work fine as a standalone read. You miss some of the development of relationships but it's easy to catch up for the most part.
Angie owns a farm to table restaurant in a small town outside of Boise, Idaho.  She seems to have a knack for stumbling onto murder scenes and getting involved in solving them.  In this book, Angie and her employees (she considers them family) are participating in a cooking contest at the state fair.  After each day’s competition, three restaurants will be eliminated.  But after the first day, the winning chef is permanently eliminated by being murdered.  Angie gets involved while dealing with her restaurant, the contest, and her employees.  As friends and employees fall ill from heat stroke and poison, Angie is determined to figure this out.
Lynn Cahoon writes three different series about strong women who find themselves embroiled in murder cases.  They are quick and easy reads.  As you get to know the characters, you feel like you are part of their “family”.  I am always happy to find the next installment in any of her series.
This was a very nice read. I enjoyed the mystery, the setting and the characters. The mystery kept me guessing the entire time. I've come to the series late, but it hasn't impacted my enjoyment.

Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Deep Fried Revenge is fourth book in the Farm-to-Fork Mystery series by Lynn Cahoon. This was a fun book about restaurant owner and chef Angie Turner, her business partner and their employees. Angie entered her restaurant in a state fair best restaurant contest. After the winner of the first round in the multi-day contest is found dead, and the second day’s winner’s husband is poisoned, Angie steps in to attempt to find the killer, and nearly gets killed herself on the day she wins the contest. The mystery has a well thought out plot and the characters are very likable and realistic. Until almost the end of the book I had lots of suspects in mind, but the ending was a surprise. I have not read the first books in this series, and did not have any trouble following the story. If you like cozy mysteries, you will like this book. I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and Kensington Books. All opinions expressed are my own.
Deep Fried Revenge
Farm-To-Fork Mystery, Book #4
Lynn Cahoon
5 Stars

Synopsis:

Angie Turner is all prepped to face Boise’s culinary best when she enters her restaurant, The County Seat, into a big State Fair challenge. Instead, she gets dunked into a new murder investigation after a killer starts scrapping her competition . . .

The Idaho State Fair is in full swing and chefs are lining up to enter Boise’s Best Restaurant contest, including Angie and her County Seat crew. They might be the hometown favorite, but the competition is steeper than a funhouse floor. And when a top contender is felled following a heated confrontation over a corn dog recipe, winning suddenly becomes a matter of life or death. With a foul foodie on the prowl, it’s up to Angie to dig into the case and put a murderer on ice.

Praise for Lynn Cahoon's Tourist Trap Mysteries

“Murder, dirty politics, pirate lore, and a hot police detective: Guidebook to Murder has it all! A cozy lover’s dream come true.”
—Susan McBride, author of The Debutante Dropout Mysteries

“Lynn Cahoon has created an absorbing, good fun mystery in Mission to Murder.”
—Fresh Fiction (Goodreads)

Review:

The characters are well rounded and well developed.  I really enjoy how well Angie and all of the crew get along.  Even though they are not related, they act like a family.  They help each other, they worry about each other and they love each other.

The writing style flows smoothly and it defines the characters very clearly by their words and actions.  The author is very talented in her descriptive writing and those descriptions pulled me into the story from the very beginning.  The mystery was well crafted and there were enough clues to sift through and suspects to consider.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well crafted cozy mystery.  I am looking forward to reading the next one.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, Kensington Books, and NetGalley, which I greatly appreciate.