Cover Image: Murder in the Wine Country

Murder in the Wine Country

I've always enjoyed these light escape reads, though this was not one of my favorites. The writing felt a little clunkier than usual, and the ridiculous minor subplot where Kelly gives a good talking to and solves the problems of a borderline abusive husband went beyond ridiculous to offensive, in my opinion. Oh, if we just *tell* someone they're handling things the wrong way, they'll fix it. Good to know. I'm hoping the series is back in stride with its next entry.

Review copy provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
This was a new author for me. The plot and storyline were very well done.  the author kept me guessing. Such a wonderful story. I would definitely try another book by This author.
This is the first book I've read by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will look for the previous books. I liked the MC and her take charge attitude. I also liked the Silver Sentinels. The mystery was interesting and kept me guessing.

Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
This is the 6th installment in the Kelly Jackson mystery series and it just keeps getting better and better.  There is a lot going on in this one.  A murder, kidnapping, poaching etc.. I finished this in one night as the book just flows so nicely and keeps you engaged.  Kelly’s boss Michael is having a reception with some highly placed people (billionaires and the like) at the Community Center with the goal that other like-minded entrepreneurs would recreate the model that Redwood Cove has done and help their local communities.  Prior to the official event, the professional chefs come in early and events are planned for them to go on foraging hikes to get natural ingredients from the area to use in their dishes.  They are warned to work in groups as there has been poaching in the area of a highly valued succulent Dudleya farinose.  Eric, a friend of Phil’s was killed in the area and Kelly begins to wonder if the poachers are behind it. Kelly attends the first foraging event with Julie (chef staying at her B&B) and Julie’s friend Cassie.  On their return they run into a group of concerned citizens who have been on the lookout for the poachers.  The leader knows the Silver Sentinels and Kelly tells him she will fill them in and see if they can help.  The next day Phil is arrested stealing wine and the sentinels move their focus to clearing Phil.  Julie and Cassie go missing after foraging near the community center and Michael also goes missing after looking for them.  All are presumed kidnapped and Kelly gets the Sentinels into action.  They really are a force to be reckoned with.  Kelly is of course the key to saving Michael and the chefs along with solving Eric’s murder.  She does not actively search out danger but it does seem to follow her.  I love that she is practical but cares deeply for those around her.  Romance is beginning with Scott as he accepts her sleuthing and involvement with the Sentinels.  This is a huge step in their relationship.  Looking forward to the next in this series.  This is a must read for me they are that good.
This is a new author for me. I didnt read the books in order. But I really enjoyed this one. Kelly is a manager of a b & b. When a murder happens kelly and the sentimentals help to find the killer before they kill again. I look forward to reading more from this author.
This book just didn't do it for me. I have read others in the series and I still just haven't quite gotten into the theme of them.  This one bothered me for some reason throughout the book, I felt like Kelly is too good to be true.  She is like Supergirl taking care of everything that is wrong. It just seemed over the top to me. I also felt as though there was so much put into the book with the two concurrent mysteries and yet neither one was really developed.  Even the characters all seemed superficial to me.
I received a free copy of MURDER IN THE WINE COUNTRY (Book 6 of the Kelly Jackson Mysteries) by Janet Finsilver in exchange for an honest review.  The businesses of Redwood Cove are all pitching in on an event meant to raise awareness of how many of the area veterans are struggling as well as to raise funding for the projects in place to assist them.  Local wineries are sponsoring tastings, and professional chefs are foraging for wild edibles in preparation for the culinary competition associated with the veterans’ event.  Lots of mischief is afoot in the small coastal town: plant poachers, hostile environmental activists, murder, theft, kidnappings, ransom demands, and a frame-up.  With so much going on, can Kelly and the Silver Sentinels get the mysteries solved in time to support the local veterans, or will the super sleuths be overwhelmed?  This time, someone may get away with murder.

I liked this book and enjoy the series.  I recommend this book to fans of the series.  I recommend the series to fans of cozy mysteries featuring murder, small coastal towns, bed and breakfast settings, dogs, light romance, and frequent environmental or social issues.  Pet peeve: use of “literally” in the figurative sense.

#MurderintheWineCountry #NetGalley
I am a fan of this series so I was looking forward to visiting Redwood Cove Inn Manager Kelly Jackson and the Silver Sentinels again.  I was not disappointed and found this sixth book in the series to be just as entertaining and engaging as the previous five books.  There is a lot going on in this book and it hooked me right from the beginning.  Ms. Finsilver has a wonderful, descriptive writing style that allows the reader to clearly picture the setting.  Her characters are hitting their stride and have become like old friends.  As with previous books, there are some new secondary characters, that while temporary, fit in with the story nicely.  The only criticism for me is that I felt like we didn't get enough of the Silver Sentinels this time around.  It seemed like the sleuthing and investigating fell on Kelly's shoulders in this book.

There are actually two different mysteries running parallel in this book.  It takes a bit of time to determine if they are related or just two different mysteries to solve.  The author does a great job of sending her reader foraging for clues trying to figure out which one will lead to the killer's identity.  Both are wrapped up with different climactic conclusions.

I always finish a book in this series having been entertained and looking forward to the next adventure for these characters.
This series is one of my top five.
This sixth book in the series exceeded my expectations.
These characters are among my all time favorites. Pair this with a first rate whodunit and you have a true gem of a series.
I look forward to reading further books in the series!
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
I’ve read all of the books in this series, but you could start with this book and still understand what is going on. I’d love to visit Redwood Cove and meet the cast of characters. The mystery was well crafted.
Wow, this story is full of good, strong characters, who have a penchant for murder investigations.
Kelly is a fun character who really makes this series complete.
There are several things going on in Murder in the Wine Country, and you certainly wont want to put it down until you’re finished.
This series is awesome and this addition makes it even better.
Redwood Cove Inn Manager, Kelly and the Sentinels solve crimes. Deputy Stanton is ready to listen and support Kelly and the Sentinels.  Eric is murdered because he figured out that the local winery was committing fraud. Phil was framed for the murder.  Michael, her boss, and Julie, a visiting chef are held against their will. High speed car race and gunfire put Kelly in danger. Scott, Kelly’s boyfriend, is supportive and says “…I accept you for who you are and what you do. I meant it. It’s hard for me, but that’s my problem.”  All this while holding an event to show others how their Inn has helped homeless veterans adjust and become part of a community.
Having only read one other in the series, I still enjoyed this fast paces and engaging mystery. Filled with great characters and a descriptive setting draws you in even further. Well done.
I throughly enjoyed this cozy murder mystery.  Well written plot with a great cast of characters.  Mystery fans will love this book.  I received an arc from the publisher and this is my unbiased review.
Murder in the Wine Country by Janet Finsilver is the sixth book in her Kelly Jackson cozy series and did not disappoint.

The story immediately engaged my interest from the first chapter. Ms. Finsilver's smoothly paced and well-crafted plot kept me turning the pages. The descriptive writing makes me feel right at home in this northern California coastal community now. I confess that I want to join forces with the Silver Sentinels in each investigation. There is actually more than one mystery in this book that needs to be solved and Kelly manages to be involved in all of them. I love this series and look forward to each book.
Kelly Jackson and her colleagues are working with their boss, Michael, to highlight the benefits of working with the Veteran community to their business owners.  They’ve planned a Western themed event with several chefs preparing recipes using locally forage foods.  When two of the chefs disappear along with Michael it looks like they may have been kidnapped.

The Silver Sentinels decide to help look for the missing people, as well as helping to solve a murder, find the thieves who are stealing protected plants, and clearing a friend of a theft charge that he was set up to take the fall for.  As they start sleuthing things look more and more like they are all related to the plant thieves and solving one will help to solve the others as well.  But Kelly seems to have a knack for finding trouble, or trouble finding her, meaning the team needs to act quickly before they need to add Kelly to their list of things lost.

Another fabulous entry in this series.  Looking forward to seeing what cupid has in store for Kelly as we move ahead.