Cover Image: Head of the Firm

Head of the Firm

A lovely page turner of a book featuring Grace and her son Jake Conlon and the Carter twins Paul and Connor.  Thoroughly enjoyed this gangland story, and would recommend it to anyone that loves a good crime thriller.
Grace maybe on maternity leave but she is still keeping an eye on the family business. Her son Jake and her twin step sons Connor and Paul are keeping things going but someone is trying to take over their ground. Grace and Connor both have a gut feeling something bad is about to happen. A brilliantly written highly recommend read.
Wow ! What a gripping book from the first page to the last ! Even though this is the third book in the series, unlike others I’ve read , you could read as a stand-alone as previous storylines where mentioned . It has definitely made me want to read the others in the series as this one was left on a real cliffhanger!
Wow .. what a book I loved it in fact I've pre ordered the next one I cannot wait for it to come out this author is great I love the whole close family thing that is going on but like any normal family they fall out but come back together when needed I didn't realise there were books before thos one so I will be purchasing them to I wish I could give more than 5 stars would highly recommend
Wow Caz Finlay  gets better and better with every book of hers I have read. She knows how to write a gangland crime series that's keeps you hooked . The carters are  awesome . They are scary, tough  violent but love their family and have a soft side  . Remind me a lot of the kray's. I devoured this book and can't wait
For the next one
Head of the Firm: by Caz Finlay is the third installment in the bad blood series, and this book did not disappoint.

Grace is now married to Michael Carter and is very happy with two young children Bella and Oscar. Michael and Grace are the joint owners of Carter Securities with contacts all over the country and run two restaurants. Sophia's Kitchen is their pride and joy. Life is very good and the Carter Enterprise is striving. Grace on maternity at the moment but it doesn't stop her keeping an eye on things around her.
Jake her eldest son and her step twin son's Paul and Connor have had their hands in a few dodgy dealings recently, she needs to be on top of everything around her..........So many secrets that have been hidden will come out eventually Grace!

This book was another brilliant read and I can't recommend this Bad Blood series......Another 5 star read.

Big Thank you to NetGalley, One More Chapter and the author for the digital ARC. My opinions on the book are unbiased, honest and voluntary
Tense chilling a book that drew me in from first pages.A book oof loyalty a book full of danger with many twists and turns that kept me reading late into the night.zA. New author ipInwill be recommending.#netgalley#harpercollinsuk
I very much enjoy gangland fiction and having heard good things about this author, I was eager to read this.

I will start off by saying that this book is the third in the Bad Blood series and I think if I had read the first two books beforehand, then this story would have been a lot easier to read and I would say this book definitely doesn’t work as a standalone.

Despite the large amount of backstory throughout, I had trouble trying to work out what was going on, what had gone on in the past and who was who. This made it difficult to hold my attention and I had to restart it three times. Having to constantly re-read bits and not being able to follow or work out who was who, meant I wasn’t taking it in, which made it quite hard work to read.
The story felt extremely slow-going with very little happening until the latter third of the book. There seemed to be nothing going on apart from confusing backstory or juvenile and utterly frustrating arguments and banter between the Carter sons and Jake, which made me feel like I was back at school standing outside the boys’ changing room! Stuff like: “Yeah? I’m going to kick your head in!” or “Shut up, or I’ll kill you, you moron!”

Three quarters in, the pace and action increased dramatically, but it was only by the last handful of chapters that I felt it really got going and became gripping. From here, where all the story and the action happened, it felt rushed and the cliffhanger the book ended with couldn’t have got much larger! It appeared from nowhere – almost thrown in as an afterthought.

Having said all of this, there were some good twists to the story and it was well-written, so I would read more from this author and see where that story leads as there was definitely some good parts in this book, but next time I would make sure I read from the beginning of the series.

Thanks to NetGalley, One More Chapter and the author for the digital ARC. My opinions on the book are unbiased, honest and voluntary.
Another great instalment from Caz Finlay. Fabulously written and you are pulled in with every page. Read this in one sitting and can’t wait for the next instalment.
A* highly recommended
I started off really enjoying this book, but I found myself rather bored half way through.

There was a family secret that got exposed, and I found myself really no longer caring.

Is nothing to do with the writing on a whole as is well written, just found that as I'd got a way into the book, more would of happened. But instead it was quite long winded

Thank you Netgalley and Publisher for ARC. Opinions are my own.
Grace Carter is head of the Liverpool underworld. She is married to Michael who has a violent past.
She has a son Jake and twin stepsons, Paul and Connor. She also has 2 children by Michael, Belle, and Oscar.
The three older boys have taken over running the family business whilst Grace is on maternity leave, but she has a bad feeling that something is on the horizon.  Family is her and Michaels everything, so when something big goes wrong Grace's whole world is shaken.

I loved this third book in the series, it was so gritty and had me turning the pages rapidly to find out what was going to happen to the family next.  It was intense had violence, shock, and surprise. Such another brilliant book by Caz I can't wait for the next episode.
Thank you, NetGalley, for allowing me to read and review this book. x
Head of the Firm is the third book in this series following the lives of Grace & Michael Carter and their family.  I literally could not put this down and found it gripping from beginning to end.  Plenty of twists and turns which will keep you turning the pages. Love this series and can't wait to find out what happens next.  A totally brilliant read.

Thank you to Netgalley, Harper Collins and the author for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is the third book in the 'Bad Blood' series by Caz Finlay and the second one for me. In spite of not having read book one, The Boss yet, I have read and loved book two, Back in the Game, and so I decided to give this one a whirl and was not disappointed!

In Head of the Firm the reader is back with Grace Carter on the streets of Liverpool. She’s happy and contented, married to the adorable Michael, and they have two children, Belle and Oscar. Currently on maternity leave, things seem to be ticking along satisfactorily, but Grace has the uneasy feeling that all is not as it appears...

This has bucket loads of excitement and a real sense of danger. With its gritty storyline and well developed characters, the atmosphere is undeniably tense. There's plenty of action and Caz Finlay's fantastic writing and the huge amount of intrigue kept those pages turning. With drama aplenty, twists that bowled me over and a mind-boggling ending, this is a superb gangland thriller that you won't want to miss. I'm already looking forward to reading book #4 in the series. A terrifically good story.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel at the publisher's invitation and this review is my own unbiased opinion.
Wow what can I say Caz has done it again. Another page turner that you won’t be able to put down. I can’t wait for Liverpool loyalty. This is another fantastic book following the lives of Grace and Michael Carter and their family. A well deserved 5 star read
Wow Caz!! You've smashed it... again! Brilliant story that I, as usual with this author,  could not put down. What a cliff hanger to leave me on!! I can't wait for Liverpool loyalty & book 5.  Can not recommend this series highly enough! 5 star read.
First time I read this author and I must this was one book that takes you on a ride full of emotions, packed with action, sadness, revenge, and love. Here is Grace Carter taking a break from the underground crime world. Being a mother again but different this go around. Her husband and she have everything you believe and things are well with the older boys as well. They are running the business of crime. Things begin to unravel first slowly with her and Michael because of his two boys Connor and Paul, this also leads to tensions with her son Jake. When the three of them are together as a force they are just that a force, but now they are each separate. Grace is having different feelings with Michael and this all coincides with the Johnson Brothers working at taking over the business from the Carter’s. After the Johnson brother is released from prison.
  Here reading this author for the first time I did not get it yet. It was not until something happens to one of the twins. Grace is no longer on maternity leave, she is back and back with a vengeance, showing up in people’s homes and wanting answers, expecting them. This is when the book for me really takes off, yes, the beginning of the book is good but the last half of the book for me as someone who has not read the first ones really shows the character of Grace. Avery good book that I could not put down until I finished, with good characters, fast-paced, overall, just an excellent book.
Caz Finlay has her finger on the pulse of the fictional criminal underworld in Liverpool. She brings her characters to life and draws you in with their personalities and charms so that you get to know them and then she twists the knife with a dramatic turn and makes you think twice abouit the characters you have got to know. She also knows her locality and blends in good geographics throughout the book.

This is the third book in the Bad Blood series and there is already a 4th book ready for publication near the end of this year..

This is a real page turner and you will want to continue to the end to see how the story ends.

A big 5 star rating from me
Yet another fantastic read from Caz finlay . I can not wait for the next one they just get better each time .
This is the third in the series. And absolutely WOW is all I can say!!
Caz Finlay is a relatively new find for me. But her books have me absolutely enthralled. From start to finish there's fast paced action!! This is gangland warfare, with a woman at the head, at its best!! O I cannot wait for the next one!! I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could!!
Caz Finlay does it again in the third instalment of the Bad Blood series. Another gritty, gangland novel that will have you gripped from the first page.

Head of the Firm is a brilliant follow up, written with the same intensity as The Boss and Back in the Game. Caz Finlay has a great ability to leave you guessing throughout with plenty of twists and turns.

Around a year has passed and Grace is newly married to Michael. With families aligning they really are a force to be reckoned with. While Jake and the Carter twins take care of business life for Grace is pretty tranquil after years of heading up Liverpool’s underworld. However nothing stays calm for long. Loyalties are tested, secrets are unravelled and while a family feud commences the competition is ready to step in! As much as Grace is trying to keep her family together an explosive event changes the Carters forever. Get ready for a page turner!

I can’t wait for the next instalment. Thanks to One More Chapter and NetGalley for my copy in exchange for an honest review.