Cover Image: Love at the Little Wedding Shop by the Sea

Love at the Little Wedding Shop by the Sea

I have not read any of the previous books in the “The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea” series, but this book was just adorable. It made me want to check out the previous books about the other characters like Poppy and Sera.

It is never easy finding out when people who negatively impacted you are doing better in life. Milla finds out some terrible news during Valentine’s day and sets gears to go back to Cornwall. Little does she know that she is in for a rollercoaster ride of emotions there.

One of the main reasons I adored this book was how the author depicted the setting. Everyone in Cornwall is so close-knit and supports one another that it makes you feel like you want to live in an idyllic community. I would love to read the previous books in the series to revisit Cornwall and relive that feeling.

Moreover, the author writes the romance very eloquently. Milla and Nic share charming chemistry that puts a smile on your face. The author progresses their relationship nicely and adds a touch of humor. The author moves their feelings beautifully from the small moments like when she sings Uptown Girl in the car or big moments like her conflicting feelings for him when she prepares a wedding.

Speaking of weddings, I also enjoyed the details the author put into the wedding planning. It was interesting to see how Milla dealt with the various situations that arose as she planned the wedding. I also liked her conversations with Pixie about the same.

Overall, “Love at the Little Wedding Shop by the Sea” is a lovely book that I read as a standalone but inspired me to pick up the first book to see how it all started.
this book had a slow start but half way through it became most enjoyable and the finish was brill a good all round story
Found the protagonist too whiney and wanted her to get up and move on (why is it that when something can go bad for a character, it does...and that means every single thing goes bad in one fell swoop!) Just couldn't get into this one, didn't find the protagonist sympathetic, and it failed to capture my attention. Sad, because I've loved the author's books in the past
Is there anything worse than working with a best friend who’s betrayed you? Well, yes. Definitely. But it certainly doesn’t feel that way at the time, which is why Milla, Jane Linfoot’s worn but charming heroine in Love at the Little Wedding Shop by the Sea, whisks herself back where she grew up in Cornwall. Is she running away? Maybe, but it’s a lot more complicated than that.

Which is really Linfoot’s forte: complication. She introduces Milla at her absolute lowest point. She’s hurt, betrayed by individuals she assumed she could most rely on. In the beginning, she’s frazzled, something justified by the knotty situation. These early sections mirror her frenetic energy, and there’s a question as to whether she can ever sort herself. Yet Linfoot knows exactly when to weave in enough humor that some some of Milla’s earliest encounters take on slapstick qualities, ultimately lightening what’s really a dark moment. It’s both an effective introduction to the world and sets up for the later, more tender moments to have a strong impact.

And there’s plenty of emotion. It is a romance, after all, and soon a support system—including a downright sweet group of pals—has her bouncing around in an attempt to find herself. These scenes in particular, as Milla becomes more embroiled in a new business opportunity, are a joy. The fact that it’s centered around a wedding shop while Milla is treating her own recent heartache? Well, Linfoot knows how to craft a plot and, even though long stretches feel like pure fun, it all ultimately serves to make Milla a better person.

Her biggest potential change? Well, after a misunderstanding and a bit of forced flirting, she finds herself in the constant presence of Nic, who’s totally charming and seemingly totally unavailable. Here’s where Linfoot gets to really show off, dragging the two of them into increasingly closer scenarios that force them to confront themselves and each other. It’s tense, it’s sweet, and it’s impossible not to want to see these two together by the final page.

Adorable. Heartfelt. Rich. At this point, pick an adjective. Love at the Little Wedding Shop by the Sea is about as much fun as you can have in 300 pages.
I love Jane Linfoot's books and this one is another winner. Aside from the fabulous characters, the attention to detail makes it so easy to immerse yourself in the world of St Aidan and this storyline in particular really caught my imagination. I couldn't wait to escape back into this book whenever I got the chance and was sorry to finish it. Highly recommend.
Strange as it may seem I always rate a good romance by the amount of tissues I go through and this was definitely a half a box read. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of laughs too, like the whole of Cally's wedding but I defy anyone to read this book without shedding a few tears. This series is so good that every time I read the latest book I have to go back and read at least two of the earlier ones. And if that isn't a sign of a good read I don't know what is.
Having never read any of the author’s books previously, and therefore none of these series I wasn’t really sure what to expect however what I found was a lovely light-hearted read! As I am currently planning a wedding the subject appealed to me, as did the Cornish location as it’s a favourite of mine. After reading this and the visuals it gave me of summer on the beach I had a yearning to return! I enjoyed reading the detail of wedding planning of which there was more than I expected (regardless of the title of the book!) and the developing relationships between the characters were believable.

As mentioned, I’ve never come across this series of books before but I don’t feel it hindered my enjoyment of the book anyway, and it worked well as a standalone read. However, I may go back and explore the whole series now as I found it a really enjoyable read!

(Waiting for Amazon to publish review)
Ohhh my I love Jane Linfoot and 8 am so happy to be back at the little wedding shop by the sea. Story did not disappoint and enjoyed the twists that the wonderfully written male character brought to the story.
I still love how engrossed a book can get you and how you can relate to the characters including the antagonists to the story.
Will never got bored of this wonderful series, bring on the next
I struggled to put Love at the Little Wedding Shop by the Sea by Jane Linfoot down, I loved it.A lovely feel good read that I read in a day. Full of love and laughter it was great to escape into for a few hours to take the mind of what is happening in the world.
What a delightful book!!!! Usually I am not a big fan of chicklit with wedding stories but this one was very good! I really had a nice time reading it, it's funny, you don't really know what's coming, you are trying to figure out what is going on (and I liked that), there is a bit of romance (of course!), and the characters are fun and nice. I just found this book a little bit too long. It could have been a bit shorter but other than that I loved it! I had a really nice time, and i hope to read another book from Jane Linfoot in the near future! 4 stars out of 5 for me!
I loved this book from the start!.
The characters are brilliant and realistic, entertaining and really easy to connect with.
Mila and Nic are wonderful, and I truly loved following their story as the book progressed.
A beautifully written, feel good story that you can happily lose yourself in.
A definite must read!.
I like that you can read this series out of order, or not at all - this works as a stand alone novel. As a very quick read, it captures a variety of emotions throughout.
A wonderful novel with some exciting twists and turns! I loved the characters of Mila and Nic
This is a feel good story the reader won’t want to put down.
I have loved this series of books and like that previous characters in the series pop up in this one
Thank you to Netgalley, Harper Collins, and Jane for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review
I am a massive fan of Jane Linfoot’s books and this one was not a disappointment. I couldn’t put it down from beginning to end. Really can’t wait for her next book...I hope it’s soon!
I received a copy of the book from Netgalley to review. Thank you for the opportunity.
A sweet and lovely heart warmer of a story. The characters are quirky, funny and very relatable. The writing is great and I especially liked the chapter headings.
A great read.
Cute story with likable characters, very enjoyable read. I’ve not read any by this author before.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
This is the first book of Jane's that I read and it won't be the last.  I'll be searching for the next one straight away.  It had such a lovely warm feel about the story and I loved the life development of Milla.  There were a couple of twists in there to keep you guessing but the love and romance in the story were just lovely.  I couldn't put it down.  I would highly recommend this book.
love at the little wedding shop by the sea was so cute and so fun and i loved it. it had some heartbreaking moments, but it's definitely so precious and cute.
Romance was the last thing on her mind, but what was she to do when her best friend pushed her toward one? After being betrayed, Milla decided to go to Cornwall to improve the Wedding Shop along with her friend, Poppy. Then love happened.

Jane Linfoot wrote a beautiful affirming book that warmed the cockles of my heart with the words. Emotions and friendship seeped in, thawing my cold heart. All the characters added beauty to the prose. Heartbreak to healing to romance captured me.

Overall, a wonderful light read, just perfect for Christmas.
Loved this series of books, and I liked how this one gave you chance to catch up with characters from the previous books as well as introducing Milla.

Milla is back in her home town after her fiance left her for Phoebe, her business partner. She needs a break from it all, especially as Phoebe has just had a baby.

When she meets Nic, she is attracted to him. but a misunderstanding leads her to believe she is helping plan his wedding, so she needs to keep her distance.

A great read.