Cover Image: An Unfinished Story

An Unfinished Story

A bit cliché but extremely touching, this is a beautifully written book. It’s the kind of novel that will lift your spirits! It approaches subjects like grief and adoption with such a delicacy. Characters are human and engaging, Whitaker is definitely my favourite.
This would do a great reading for a chill afternoon or just to close your day after work.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a copy of the book!
This was a sweet cozy story that i think i will reread. Just made me feel warm all over. I liked the concept and all the characters too.
After reading this book in one sitting - I couldn’t put it down - I felt a kind of a sadness that the journey was over. Now, even months and dozens of other books later, I still find myself thinking about this story. A truly captivating read.
This was a great read, enjoyed it thoroughly, was hooked from the first page, loads of twists and turns, would recommend it x
Boo Walker stories are an enjoyable journey. His deep and kind understanding of human nature makes me want to be a better person. I am thankful that Boo can write a story of depth without lewd thoughts. His stories are above that kind of cheap writing. Unfinished Story:A Novel has depth, and many twist and turns as your heart is wretched with the characters conflicts and redemption. Boo is such a great story teller.
An Unfinished Story by Boo Walker is about two disparate people coming together at a low time in both of their lives. Claire Kite has been a widow for three years, as a result of her husband David’s death in a traffic accident. When she sold the couple’s home, she discovered a manuscript David had written but had not finished due to his sudden death. Claire decided to find a writer willing to finish the book, as a tribute to her husband. Whitaker Grant had a literary fame and success with one book ten years ago. His writer’s block had lasted for years, leading him to believe that he did not have another book in him. Nothing had helped in taking him out of this slump. Until Claire shows up at his door with an unrealistic request. Because I am not a fan of romance fiction, I was pleasantly surprised by this thoughtful and well-written novel. The author, Boo Walker, is a songwriter and this talent shines throughout the story. This is a most enjoyable read. Highly recommended. Thank you to Lake Union Publishing and NetGalley for the e-ARC in exchange for an honest review.
It has been three years that Claire lost prematurely her husband and she can’t seem to find any closure, until she found the manuscript he was working on. Unfortunately tho he didn’t get to finish it. But what if she can find someone that could finish the novel?

The book narrated by both the main characters Whitaker Grand and Claire is a story of hardships, redemption, hope,but mainly love.
It’s impressive how the fate of the characters intertwine, and how love can pull you through all the hardships that this life can present you with.

I think I won’t be making any justice to the book if I even try to put into words what I felt while reading it.
Firstly I could feel Claire pain for a premature loss and the impediment of becoming a mother, I could as well experience Whitaker struggle to find his way back to a joyful life. I felt sadness, knowing that many kids in the Forster system suffer and can’t find a family that takes them in and gives them the love they deserve. I felt love, unconditional love, the one that I hope everyone will experience at least once in a lifetime.
If you have read I still believe and loved it then this is the perfect book for you!
This is a beautiful, emotional book about hope and second chances. I loved the characters and did not want this book to end.
Many thanks to Lake Union Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
This is a heartwarming, beautiful and emotional story of two people, Claire Kite and Whitaker Grant, who are trying to navigate life after having experienced loss on a personal and professional level--Claire, a successful restaurant owner, is a widow of three years who is still trying to heal from the tragedy and pain of losing her husband David in an accident and Whitaker, a novelist, is trying to fight the writer's block that has chased him soon after the publication of his first and only novel ten years ago. When clearing out her late husband's home office, Claire chances upon a draft of a book David was in the midst of writing but left incomplete because of his untimely death. Claire persuades Whitaker to take up the task of completing the book on behalf of her husband, a project that will lead them on an unexpected journey with an equally unexpected destination, opening their hearts to new hopes and love.

I really don't know what to say other than I loved everything about this book! Loved it! Also, for some reason, I constantly had Henry Cavill running through my mind as Whitaker Grant.... so if anyone ever decides to make a movie of this book, please try to run it by Henry first 😉.

I received an e-Arc of the book from the publisher Lake Union Publishing and the author via NetGalley.
This story was unexpected and beautifully heart-warming. Three years after her husband’s death, Claire finally decides to clean out his office and finds the manuscript her husband was working on and sits down to read it. The story is personal and enlightening, and then it ends. But that can’t be it…Claire know this book needs to get published, but it needs an ending. Who better to finish it than the local author who inspired her husband to go back to writing? Whitaker Grant has writer’s block and is afraid he is going to be a one-hit-wonder. When Claire comes to him offering to pay him to finish the book, he turns her away. He’s so mired in his own problems; he can’t take on anyone else’s. Claire is persistent and once he reads the novel, he understands why she is adamant.  There is so much more to the novel and the more time they spend together working on it, the more they learn.
This was a wonderful novel of loss, grief, and learning to live again, realizing that you lose someone that it doesn’t mean your life is over.
AN UNFINISHED STORY is my first novel by Boo Walker and I really enjoyed it and his writing style.  I will be checking out his past novels and watching to see what he comes out with next.
Thanks to NetGalley and the Publisher for an advanced copy of this novel. All opinions are my own.
#ANUNFINISHEDSTORY #BOOWALKER #LAKEUNIONPUBLISHING
I have such mixed feelings about this one. I wanted to love it but the first 75% of it was only okay. The last 25% really saved it. I am definitely in the minority, this is getting rave reviews.
Claire Kite's husband David died in a car accident three years ago. She is selling their house, so she finally goes through his office and comes across the manuscript of a book he was writing. It is a beautiful and moving story, but he wasn't able to finish it.
As a tribute to him, she wants to find someone to complete it.
Whitaker Grant is a writer whose only book became a best seller and popular movie. But he is grappling with writer's block. It is putting him in a depression and affecting his life.
When Claire asks him to finish David's book, Whitaker must search deep inside himself to decide if he is up to the task.
I didn't really connect with the story or characters until the end. I loved that part, very touching and emotional.
It really made the book for me.
Thank you Lake Union Publishing for the e-ARC via NetGalley.
3.5 stars, rounded down to 3 stars.
This was my first book by this author.  I really enjoyed the story.  A grieving widow finds a written book by her spouse that is missing the ending and it's her only quest to find an author to finish it so she can begin to move on in the grieving process. The author she finds is in a mid-life crisis of his own and struggling to move on from a broken marriage and writing block.  Claire is obsessed with having Whitaker Grant finish the book and won't take no for an answer.  The book opens up some secrets that Claire never knew about and has to deal with the deception she feels.  The book touches on love, loss, and second chances.  I would recommend this book.
I received this book "An Unfinished Story" from NetGalley and all opinions expressed are my own. A heartwarming story. Although I felt the story was predictable I did enjoy reading it. A book about second chances.
Clare is a widow. She lost her beloved husband in a car accident and she hasn't been able to overcome the grief  since then, She found an unfinished manuscript she didn't know her husband was writing, and right then she knew she needed to finish it. And she knew the exact writer that would fit into the role.
Whitaker Grant is a writer. He had one big success and after that, he couldn't get back to the arena.
After some misunderstandings they make a deal to work together. But the task will not only be related to writing. They will embark together into a lifesaving recovery. Each of them finding what they needed the most.
It's a great book. The characters are extremely lovable and the pace is good. Although the subjects are complicated, the author navigated through them with ease and excellent sense of humor.
It's a book to be recommended.
Thank you Netgalley for the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
I loved this book more than words can say.  It is a book that will stay with you long after you have finished reading it.  Claire finds out her husband who recently died in a car accident was writing a book he never finished and she decides she wants Whitaker who is an accomplished writer to finish it for her.  He will have you hooked by the end of the first chapter.
I will admit that it took me a little bit to warm up to both Claire and Whitaker, however, they ended up being two of the most incredible characters I have read about. Of course, Claire was dealing with a million issues stemming from the loss of her husband and how to move forward. But what really stole the show was Whitaker’s transformation between the beginning and the ending. Whether it was his physical appearance, the state of his home, or relationships with others – this character completely blossomed and it was a beautiful thing to see.

I won’t lie and say that the ending wasn’t a bit predictable, but I did not care in the least. This entire novel is a love letter to second chances, eye-opening experiences, and finding peace and happiness from unexpected sources. Walker focuses on divorce, death, grief, the foster system, depression, loneliness, hope, love, and so much more that I can’t properly sum up the themes of this novel here. I am so incredibly happy to have discovered this novel and this author. This is without a doubt in my top 3 reads of the year and I believe I’ve read over 250 books this year. An Unfinished Story is a novel that I will read again and will think about for some time.

*Many thanks to NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing for providing this review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
🌟🌟🌟🌟.5

This is my first book from Boo Walker and I don't regret choosing this book to read. This is a story about love, loss, grief and second chance. This story are told from Claire and Whitaker's point of view.
Claire's husband dies in a car accident and after three years she wanted to sell their house. Thats when she found his unfinished story that David was writing before he died and Claire determined to ask Whitaker Grant to finish the book to honor her late husband. This is because Whitaker inspire David to start writing a book.
Btw the ending and some parts was predictable but I still like it 😁

Thank you Netgalley, publisher and author for An Unfinished Story ARC!
This novel focuses on a widow, Claire, who finds her husband's last manuscript as she is going through his belongings.  This manuscript changes her life when she enlists another writer, Whitaker Grant, to finish the book.  He wants to understand who David was as a person, along with what Claire is like so that he can do the book justice. This obviously leads to romantic feelings and second chances, but the writing made this so enjoyable that you can forgive the author for being predictable.  Sometimes I actually find comfort in knowing what is going to happen in books ahead of time.
This book was a very good read!  It is a very heartwarming story about a grieving widow.  I definitely enjoyed this tender novel.
If I could give this story 10 stars I would. I don’t think a book has touched me like this in awhile. I have never read anything by this author and am so happy to have found him.
This is the story of Whitaker, an author with profound and debilitating “writers block”, and struggling to get through each day. The collapse of his marriage and his ten year struggle to recreate another best seller is slowly destroying him.
A young widow, Claire, can’t move on after losing her husband in a tragic car accident.David was an aspiring writer and she finds a manuscript of the book he was working on, but it was unfinished.
She knows the one writer that she wants to provide an ending to the wonderful story that she discovered,  is Whitaker! The effort provides to be difficult, and so begins a friendship and the biggest challenge of their lives, to discover where David was going with this story, and who was Orlando.
#BooWalker, such a talented, sensitive storyteller. His characters are very strong and very  likable. I loved this book so much and it brought tears several times. He really succeeds in bringing their pain and struggle to the reader.
I thank the author, #LakeUnionPublishing and #NetGalley for the ARC. All opinions are my own!