Cover Image: After All I've Done

After All I've Done

This is very much a popcorn thriller. You just cannot put it down and I was hooked. It felt like a standard thriller about adultery (because what else are thrillers about these days??) but my gosh, the twists towards the end really threw me through a loop.

I've had this book from Netgalley since March 2020 and I can't believe I haven't got to it sooner. Such a great read.
The title of the novel gave me some indication of the character in the thriller that I should pay attention to. And I was right!

Diana is recovering at home but lost all memory about the five months leading up to a her serious car accident. Her best friend Val is no comfort as Val is sleeping with Diana's husband, Jonathan. And her friend Cole, whom she does not remember, seems like someone she has just met. In addition, her mother-in-law has become overly caring and motherly, tending to Diana's every need.

This supense novel of memory loss and questions unanswered is interesting up to the very end, when the book ends with an explosive revelation and a dramatic shock.

I was suspicious of one person in Diana's life, but not for the reasons the plot revealed. I gave this 3.5 -4 stars.
Writing as Mina Hardy, New York Times bestselling author Megan Hart delivers a thrilling new psychological suspense for fans of The Woman in the Window and When the Lights Go Out.

A twisty new thriller, this one kept me guessing to the very end.
Uhhhh loved this entire story but...that ending. What the heck man. I know this is fiction but that was entirely unrealistic.
Oh deary me. This was great. It kept you interested and was so fast paced. But then that ending. Not realistic at all and made me laugh more than anything. Which is a shame really.
Diana Sparrow is in a terrible car accident that leaves her not only with two badly broken collarbones, but with anesthesia-induced amnesia from post-accident surgery. She has literally lost months of her life and in an effort to get her memories back, she reveals some awful truths about those in her life that she thought she could trust...

This book had a solid premise and some very interesting bits that kept me engaged but boy was it hard to follow at times. I often felt that the author tried almost too hard to keep the reader guessing that it made more confusion than intrigue. Jumps through time and plot breaks left too many holes and unanswered questions.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the chance to read for my honest review.
After All I've Done was definitely an entertaining thriller. I found that this was very fast paced, which is great if you need a quick story. However, I wanted to connect a bit more with the characters. It is hard to be super invested if you don't have too much time to get to know the characters, especially Diana and Cole. This was twisty, but some of the twists I saw coming. It wrapped up rather quickly, but I was pretty engaged the whole book. So if you're looking for a fast paced thriller this is it.
After All I've Done is centered around a character who was in a horrific car crash and was not only badly physically hurt but lost her memory of the night in question.

She has to try to piece together what happened and off you go....
I had such high hopes for this book but unfortunately it somewhat let me down. I went into this one somewhat blind, as I often do with thrillers. As I started reading I was immediately interested in the premise. Although an often used trope- unreliable narrator due to some issue - in this case a car accident, it was still presented in a good way.

Unfortunately I quickly began to lose interest in Diana as a main character. I found it hard to connect with Diana and wish we could have slowed down to learn a bit more about her and have a chance for that connection.

The ending also threw me for a bit of a loop not necessarily in a good or bad way. It wasn't overly surprising but just kind of an "oh. Okay."

It wasn't all bad, and I feel like I've focused on the criticisms enough. I did feel like the premise was interesting and started off strong. There was some good character development - I'd be interested in seeing what the author comes out with. The ending was fast paced and page turning, if a bit predictable.
Love the cover of this great thriller!!  The storyline grabs your attention quicking and keeps you turning the page.  I found out afterwards that the author usually writes romance novels, but I will definitely be looking for more thrillers in the future!
I absolutely adore the cover, but I am still left a little confused on how it pertains to the story. The story is about Diana who is a terrible car accident which causes her to lose her memory. We then find out that her husband is having an affair with her best friend, but is it as scandalous as it seems?

I enjoyed the multiple POVs, but I feel like it was hard to get in to the story in the beginning and it was a little too slow paced for me.
After All I've Done by Mina Hardy is a great book that grabs your attention right away and doesn't let go. Loved the characters, the plot line, just everything. Great read and recommend.
A thriller with deceit and betrayal at its core. The characters were designed to be hated. I read the book in two sittings, owed to its fast pace. However, I didn’t connect with the characters and felt the plot was quite predictable. The authors usual genre is romance which is not a genre I often read. I felt this shone through and is maybe why this book isn’t for me. A thriller for readers who don’t like thrillers maybe?
Omg......... this book was amazing I flew threw the pages with Olympic speed I was hooked from the very first page. I found it full of twists and turns threw out and it kept me on the edge of my seat all the way threw  I would defiantly recommend this book if you like a good book to keep you reading threw the night hopefully you enjoy it as much as I did
This book was quite the page turner to me! I picked it up on a whim, and thoroughly ended up engineering myself! The twists and turns, trying to figure out what is going on all the way up until the CRAZY ending! Amazing!
A great suspenseful domestic thriller told from multiple POV’s.
This book kept me engaged, gripped and was full of flawed characters!
Well that wasn't as expected.
A nice book which was well written and I enjoyed the story but the ending was just ridiculous so I am afraid I have had to deduct 1 star.
This book follows Diana who's recovering from an automobile accident that's left her injured and experiencing memory loss. Told from various perspectives, the reader begins to put the pieces together as Diana learns of them. And we find out that things are not as they seem.

I thought this one had some good twists in the narrative and I did end putting the pieces together earlier than the main character but I thought all the reveals happened at the right spot. I did also like the little cliffhangers at the end of the chapters, really made it difficult to put the book down. The thing that brought this down for me was all the cheating and that it was a main plot in the book. I think there are things far more mysterious than cheating on your spouse and trying to get away with it.

Thank you to NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books for a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
This was going to into probably my worst read of this year until that ending. That end had me sitting back and just laughing because it was ridiculous.
This was super readable and well paced but I've deducted a whole star for that bizarre ending. In the likely paraphrased words of Jeff Goldblum: Just because you can doesn't mean you should.