Cover Image: She Who Lies

She Who Lies

I got so much more invested in the book than I was expected, which is always a great surprise. The characters were easy to follow and I enjoyed the plot points. Enjoyable for sure!
Thanks for the opportunity to read this Arc.
A story about an idyllic family. Money is no object. They have built up an extremely successful and lucrative business from the ground.
But peel back the layers and all is not what it seems! The male members of the family are accused of horrendous crimes that may or may not be true!!
What a fantastic read. I would highly recommend it.
very good book love this new author for me will definately follow worth all the hype truely enjoyed it
What a blinding read. Grabs you from beginning and won't let you go until the end. Completely believable characters who have to suffer their own demons.  You will gasp and cry out at the end because you won't believe the awesome twist. Brilliant writing Alex Kane. I'm now going to buy all the other books by this awesome author.
Never read this author before but I will definitely be reading again has me booked as soon as I started reading it .
4☆ A Compelling, Twisty, Gripping Psychological Thriller.

SHE WHO LIES is a compelling and twisty psychological thriller.

Gavin Shaw and Stevie Laird and their family are well known in the world of celebrities.
Setting up GSL Limited (the biggest landscaping and gardening company in Scotland) helping with community projects and landscaping to the celebs, see them rocket to fame and fortune!

Gavin and Stevie are Brother-in-laws.
Stevie is married to Gavin Sister Eva.
They have a daughter called Carla. (Carla uses Instagram to set up a charity to help others suffering with mental health)
But head of the family is Brenda Shaw, the queen bee of the family.

But this family is all about secrets and what they want the public to see, using social media to build that platform.

However social media isn't always a good thing sometimes it comes back to bite you.
As Eva is about to find out!

Eva has a Facebook page solely for family members.
So when she gets a request from someone called Rebecca she accepts... but what she doesn't expect is that Rebecca knows all the family and she's out to destroy Eva.

Eva has dark secrets & Rebecca is determined to out them & make her and her family pay!

But who is Rebecca and what does she really know about the Shaw and Laird family?
Is she about to ruin everything they worked so hard to build?

I found it took me a while to get into the story and used to the media style of writing. The opening scene was an interview that gave a brief highlight of the characters lives, but as the book progresses so does the secrets.
It did take me a little bit longer to get a connection with the characters. But once I did, I really enjoyed the complexity and flaws each one portrayed.

SHE WHO LIES is a compelling and Twisty read, full of secrets, lies, social media and fame.
It's a story that just highlights you really never know what goes on behind closed doors. Despite the appearance of everything being fine.
Secrets and lies have a way of catching up with you in the end!
I really enjoyed all the juicy twists.
As the story flits from past to present the truth is unravelled and so is their perfect lives.

Alex Kane has written another brilliant psychological thriller and if you haven't yet had the pleasure of reading these books, then I highly recommend you do!

Thank you to BOTBS Tours for this copy which I reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
An interesting thriller that reminds me what some people are willing to go through and to what extent to protect their inheritance and family even if they have to hide a secret for a long time. But also , the truth is always unraveled no matter what happens.
It’s compelling and interesting, a great mix of characters and interesting story overall. A great few hours of reading.
I was hooked from the very beginning.  The family reminded me a lot of the Dynasty tv show, perfect lives on top for the world to see, but beneath it all the family is falling apart.  Secrets abound and nobody can be trusted.  This was another brilliant offering by a very talented author.  Can't wait to read some more by her! Highly recommended.
TB
This was a fantastic book that I highly recommend, full of twists that you will want to keep on reading.
WoW what a Book "She Who Lies" by Alex Kane I'm a big fan of Alex's books and this one was just Brilliant! I loved it and so didn't want it to end. If you want a book that's full of twists and turn especially with lots of secrets this is a book for you. I was hooked within the first few pages.

I can't recommend this book enough. It was a fantastic read.........One of her best!!!

Big Fat 5 star read!!!!

Big thank you to Hera Books and NetGalley for an advanced readers copy of this book. All opinions are my own and not biased in anyway.

Review on Goodreads, and Amazon UK. Plus, for my future bookclub reads.
A tantalising title which gives no clue as to who lies. This was an interesting twist which lasted over twenty years. A rich family that can buy off any indiscretion!
The Laird-Shaw family is living the American dream.  Rich beyond anyone's imagination, self-made millionaires Gavin Shaw and Stevie Laird seem to have it all.

And "all" includes secrets and lies that will destroy the very fabric of this family. They will come to realize that there is nowhere to hide.  All the money in the world can't stop the destruction.

Someone knows the truth ... and they want justice ... or is it vengeance?

Shifting between "now" and "then" gives the reader a look into a family who will do anything to protect themselves.  It's a tale about the choices people make and how those choices can boomerang and explode.

This psychological thriller will have the reader eagerly reading page after page and absorbing every lie and secret that ultimately reveals the dark heart of this particular family.  The characters are skillfully drawn ... warts and all.  Surprises abound at  every turn that leads to a surprising and unexpected conclusion.

Many thanks to the  author / Hera Books / Netgalley for the digital copy of this Psychological Thriller.  Read and reviewed voluntarily, opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.
I loved this book . It was fast paced from the beginning and had me gripped all the way through . I loved the story line and the characters and the way the story flowed . Although the story told you each individual characters side it all rolled into one and was easy understand . I devoured this book in one day and cant wait for the next one . I highly recommend this
A twisted and explosive family saga full of jaw-dropping revelations, scandalous secrets and pulse-racing shocks and surprises, Alex Kane’s She Who Lies a dark and sinister tale about glittering facades, dangerous lies and devastating truths that is going to leave thriller fans on the edge of their seats.

The Laird-Shaw family seem to live a life that is straight out of a glossy magazine. Rich beyond their wildest dreams, immensely successful and constantly splashed all over the tabloids and social media, the Laird-Shaws are a revered and envied family most people would give their right arm to join. Having started from very humble origins, the family went from zero to multi-millionaires in a couple of years and have built a multi-national business that has put them on rich list after rich list. Gavin Shaw and Stevie Laird are two of the richest people in the country. Gavin’s sister and Stevie’s wife Eva is a style icon and daughter Carla is a social influencer using her platform to highlight mental health issues. This is a family that from the outside looking in seems absolutely perfect, but scratch beneath the surface and you will find a family being held hostage by past demons, tangled lies and secrets so explosive that they could destroy the perfectly cultivated lives they have built for themselves.

This Instagram perfect family have long thought that their secrets are buried so deep that nobody can find them, least of all reveal them to the world. However, the Laird-Shaw family are soon in for a shocking and terrifying surprise when somebody from their past threatens to expose their darkest secrets. No money in the world can fix the quandary they have found themselves in and as the dark heart of the family is about to be exposed to the entire universe, can the Laird-Shaw family save themselves at the eleventh hour? Or are their lives about to change beyond recognition?

Somebody is out to ruin this family and they will stop at nothing to achieve their dark and twisted goals…

Alex Kane will make every single hair on the back of your neck stand on end. A cracking good thriller that is impossible to put down, She Who Lies grips, terrifies and tantalizes and will make readers jump out of their skin and blow them away as shock after shock and twist after twist will keep them completely and utterly captivated. A fabulous tale of ambition, revenge and loyalty, She Who Lies is a top-notch thriller from a talented writer who knows how to keep readers mesmerized from start to finish: Alex Kane.
What a breath gasping book.
The Laird shaw family have it all, success, fame and notoriety. Stevie Shaw and Gavin Laird have made a success of their business making them millions of pounds. Eva who is not only Gavin's sister but Stevie's wife has everything she could ever wish for a sprawling mansion and designer clothes, but what she doesn't have is her mother Brenda's love, and because of this she turns to the bottle and drugs. To the outside world and the red carpet, they are the perfect devoted couple. Gavin is the golden boy in his mother's eyes.
Carla is Stevie & Eva's daughter and an advocate for mental health issues, she uses Instagram to highlight the problems of mental health and report what she is doing day to day. She has an army of devoted followers and the odd troll.
When a family secret is revealed. They all pull together to protect their name and fortune, even though the secret is so vile and happened to Kate Eva's long time friend, Eva drops Kate and refuses to believe her, when she is told.
Later on, in years Eva accepts a friends request from a woman named Rebecca on the company Facebook page, she reveals to Eva she knows of her secret and threatens to reveal it to the world.

This is a twisted tale of a family at the top, who we watch unfold and crumble. You are kept holding your breath throughout the book as you read the cold-hearted way this family go to protect themselves and their lifestyle.
Such a brilliant book.  Alex has a way of keeping you on the edge of your seat with a well written, thrilling story.
Thank you, NetGalley for allowing me the pleasure of enjoying and reading this book xx
She Who Lies was a brilliant read – getting my wrap up in early as I like to leave no doubt over my enjoyment of a story which I got totally immersed in.

This is a story of family secrets, they always give great potential for unexpected revelations and spectacular fireworks when certain facts which were meant to be kept quiet suddenly gain exposure.

The family in She Who Lies are the Laird and Shaw families. Three generations of a Scottish family who have enjoyed fame and success for a number of years but behind the public facade life is not as rosy as they present to the world.

Gavin Shaw and Stevie Laird run a garden and landscape firm. They are both handsome and personable guys and early in their business venture they worked on a project for a client who was well connected to the Great and Good of society. Soon Stevie and Gavin are rubbing shoulders with film stars, minor royals and the richest in the land.

Gavin’s sister married Stevie before their rise to fame. Eve is the darling of the media and seems to act as the goto point for the media to get to the family. The reader sees how Eve is battling addictions and revelations in She Who Lies will push her to a breaking point. Eve is hooked on Stevie, their marriage is another dependency she feels she cannot do without. So if Stevie has been accused of infidelity how will Eve cope?

Eva and Stevies daughter, Carla, is an Instagram influencer and does lots of great charitable work. She has worked hard to promote good causes and is launching a mental health charity just as news breaks her father is cheating on her mother and her uncle has been accused of rape.

At the head of the family is the matriarch Brenda – Eva and Gavin’s mum. She will do whatever it takes to protect her family and is ruthless to the core. Eva and Brenda do not get on well as Eva believes her mother always favoured Gavin.

A family used to success and with a lifetime of secrets to cover up are about to be fully discussed and debated on the front page of the papers. How are they going to cope?

It should also be remembered – if there are accusations there are also accusers or victims. Their story shall also be told.

She Who Lies is narrated from several viewpoints which allows Alex Kane to share the fears and insecurities of each character as the story unfolds. She does this brilliantly and handles difficult situations with care while not undermining the effect and damage which is caused.

Powerful and compelling storytelling. This is very, very good.
An excellent read full of truly horrid and unlikeable characters. I liked the format of telling the story from each characters point of view which gave extra depth. Some good twists and a good ending.
I have been a fan of Alex's work for a little while now.  In fact I have been a fan ever since I had the good fortune to pick up her first book 'No Looking Back'.  I heard that Alex was due to release a new book and I knew that I had to read it as soon as I could.  I (im)patiently waited for her third book to be released.  Well ladies and gents, the wait is over because 'She Who Lies' was released on 8th April 2020.  It is another superb read, which I thoroughly enjoyed but more about that in a bit.
Well what can I say about the Laird-Shaw family?  Apart from thank goodness I am not related to them.  Over the years, the family has risen from nothing to becoming minor celebrities with more money than you would know what to do with.  As with all families, it becomes apparent fairly early that they aren't without their secrets.  Something happens which puts the wind up certain members of the family and from then on details gradually come trickling out.  We find out just what it is that the family are so desperate to keep hidden.
Oh my giddy aunt, ''She Who Lies' was one seriously amazing read.  The name of the author was enough to grab my attention, the synopsis drew me in and the story was the icing on the cake as it were.  This book cast a spell over me from the moment I first picked it up until the moment I finished reading.  I immersed myself so fully into the story that I managed to shut out all other distractions and focus solely on the book itself.  Usually I have the attention span of a gnat and I am easily distracted but not in this case.  I am a bit of a nosy parker and so I had to keep reading to see what happened and to get to the heart of why this family wanted secrets to remain hidden.  The pages turned over at a furious pace and despite my attempts to ration how quickly I read the book to prolong my enjoyment of the story, I finished the book in just under 24 hours, which is pretty good going for me.
'She Who Lies' is brilliantly written but then I have thought that to be true of all of Alex's work.  She grabs your attention from the start and then takes you on one hell of a fast paced and interesting journey through the lives of one particular family.  For me, 'She Who Lies' hits the ground running and maintains the pace throughout.  The story itself is written using chapters voiced by certain characters.  This way of telling the story works really well and the story flows seamlessly.  Alex writes so realistically and uses such vivid descriptions that I did feel as though I was part of the story myself.
In short, 'She Who Lies' is another superb book from Alex Kane and I have no hesitation in recommending this book and this author to other readers.  I will definitely be reading more of Alex's work in the future.  The score on the Ginger Book Geek board is a very well deserved 5* out of 5*.
This book is a compelling psychological thriller. It is a story of the Shaw and Laird family who are wealthy and live a celebrity lifestyle. From the outside, they seem to live a perfect life but behind closed doors this is far from the truth.

This is an amazing compelling read with amazing twists and turns. It had me hooked from the very first page until the last. The characters in this book are multi layered. Some are likeable but in contrast some are very unlikeable.
I knew right from the threatening prologue this was going to be good and just my cup of tea.

The opening chapter is then an interview where we meet the Laird-Shaw family. Their landscape business has catapulted them to fame and fortune. All from a humble start by Gavin as a handyman just trying to make money to help his family. To bringing in friend Stevie as partner and his sister Eve and mother Brenda joining the business as it expands. Then we have Carla, Stevie and Eve’s daughter who runs the charity side of things and uses social media to highlight her mental health work.

Then from the picture perfect family the hints of darkness appear. A mother battling demons and a daughter knowing that without her father holding the family together it would easily tear it apart.

Are those demons because of the secrets Eve has? After accepting a friendship request on Facebook from a woman called Rebecca we learn she knows her dark secrets and is determined to destroy them all.

This is very much a case of watching people at the top fall spectacularly as the family crumbles all because of a stranger on social media. Trouble is when you are at the top there is nowhere to go but down and this shows the extent social media can play in people’s downfalls.

I thought this had great structure and pacing and can easily be read in one sitting. The characters were thoroughly believable although not all were entirely likeable. As Shrek would say this is like an ogre/onion with lots of layers and more is revealed as each is peeled away. All in all a really good gripping read.