Cover Image: Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn Book 8)

Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn Book 8)

Another corker of a book! The Josie Quinn series never disappoints, and this was no exception.
Josie and her twin sister Trinity have had a disagreement and Trinity had moved out to her own cabin. It’s been over a month since they spoke.
Flash back to a month earlier and we learn that Trinity is to be dropped from her anchor job at the network following a crass comment made live on air. She is determined to break a story so big that it will get back in the limelight and her assistant sends her a mystery box of papers to assist with it. Then another unexpected box arrives and the contents through Trinity into a spin - she fights with Noah and leaves.
Back in the here and now, Josie goes to Trinity’s cabin - she finds her missing, but all her belongings are still there, including her car with the keys still in the ignition.
Further investigation leads Josie to find a pile of human bones at the back of the cabin arranged in some sort of pattern - does this mean Trinity is dead?
The discovery unravels a huge chain of events pushing Josie to her limit personally and professionally.
Running in the background is the story of Alex, his sister Zandra and their parents. Alex tried relentlessly to please his father to no avail whilst his sister Zandra is violent towards their mother.
The two stories link up in dramatic fashion with a twist I really didn’t see coming.
Roll on the. next one!
In this book, the 8th in the series, Josie has to try to put her personal feelings aside while searching for a missing person because it is her twin sister Trinity who has disappeared. Josie soon discovers that Trinity is as talented an investigator as she is but unfortunately this has put her in the sights of a serial killer.
The personal aspect of this case gives the book even more tension than usual and I found myself reading parts with my heart in my mouth. Without a doubt this will be another bestseller for Lisa Regan. I look forward to the next one.
Number 8 in this the Detective Josie Quinn series. It’s all a bit personal this time as Trinity, Josie’s sister goes missing, Switching between the past and the present we get a look at how a ruined traumatic  childhood can spawn a complex serial killer. All the while the time is running out to find Trinity alive.
Great addition to the series but can be read equally as a stand alone.However I love the developments in the characters and the subplots
What a fantastic crime thriller!
Deceive Josie Quinn finds herself having a personal connection to a missing person case as the missing person is her twin sister Trinity.
Josie is faced with a lot of questions and very little answers like why did Trinity refer to her as her birth name Venessa and does she know her sister well enough to solve this case.

I have never read any of the Quinn books and starting at book 8 surprisingly wasn't as hard as I had expected enough of the history is discussed within the story without you feeling completely lost. Although I've already brought the first Quinn story as I fell in love with her character.

Regan is a very talented writer and her descriptions of places and people is so good that you often feel like you're right there in the action.
I did find the begining of the book dragged and I struggled to get hooked but as I don't ever leave a book unread I powered through and I am so glad i did. The action might take a bit to get started but once it does it never stops!

Its so hard to review this book without telling you everything that happened. I must say if you love a crime thriller then this is the book for you! Even if you haven't read the first 7 youn don't need to! You will get all the enjoyment you need from this story. Even if the killer is obvious it doesn't stop the suspense  especially with the twist at the end that even I didn't see coming!
Happy to give 4 stars.
Thank you to the publishers and netgalley for an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Lisa Regan does it again. Another Josie Quinn book that I couldn't put down.
This series is amazing and Josie always puts herself in some predicament that she has to get out of.
Josie's sister is taken and its up to Josie to find out who took her. The predator has already committed crimes in the past and they need to figure these crimes out to find her sister.
Very fast paced read. Definitely recommend picking this up.
A thrilling game of cat and mouse with the life of Josie’s sister at stake.  Yet another fast-paced, action-packed installment of the Josie Quinn series.  There was some unpredictability for me however I love Josie and her team so I can forgive this 
4 stars
Thanks to Bookouture for allowing me to read this in exchange for a review.
Josies sister is missing and she must find her quickly. Each time I read one of these books I always tell myself this has got to be the best one and then another comes out and I feel the same way. The plot is really complex and the characters are secretive and alittle shady. This one takes you on a wild ride filled with all the necessary twists and turns. I loved it.
Don't you just love it when you find a new author and absolutely devour her book? That is how I feel after reading this. I don't know how I have never heard of this series before now and I am going straight over to amazon to buy the previous seven books in this series.

Fantastic book and highly recommended!!
This is the 8th book in this series and I've read them all.  It could easily be a stand alone read but then you'd miss the fantastic way Lisa Regan has advanced the cast of characters and their back stories.  That being said....Josie Quinn is a dedicated detective who lives her cases until she gets justice for the victims.  But this time, she's afraid her sister might be one of the victims.  The sister's part in the story is revealed slowly so we understand how much she has invested in this serial killer's capture.  As always, Josie sees clues that others might miss, taking us closer with each page to the unexpected reveal.  The suspense builds slowly until you look up and its 2am and you should have been in bed long ago.  But the ending is so worth it!!!!
I love this series and really like the character of Josie Quinn. This was a thrilling plot involving Josie's twin sister, Trinity and I liked the way Trinity's character was revealed through her diary. The development of the Bone Artist was intriguing and at times I even felt some sympathy for him. My one concern was the huge leaps in finding and interpreting the clues. However, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to the next one.
Thank you Lisa Regan, Bookoutue and Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to give my unbiased opinion.
This is the first book I have read by Ms. Regan, this being the eighth in her Detective Josie Quinn series.

Josie and her team (comprised of Noah, who is also Josie's significant other, Gretchen, and Mettner, to name a few) are working on The Bone Artist case. In this book, Ms. Regan does an amazing job of telling two stories at once, to provide much needed background to get to the end. While the reader is able to start piecing together who The Bone Artist turns out to be, just exactly how it all relates in the final outcome keeps one reading. There are some intertwining relationships involved: Josie and her twin sister Trinity; Josie and Noah; Josie and her grandmother; and let's not forget Josie and Trinity's parents (Trinity, Josie, and their biological parents are a story in themselves!).

I think this would be a good series to read in order, to get a sense of the characters. If the other seven are anything like this one, they can all be read as stand-alone books.
Another absolutely incredible Josie Quinn story. I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of this series. I really don’t want it to end.
I did however, feel this one was a bit rushed. I think that was possibly because there wasn’t as much of Josies actual personal life as there usually is. But I didn’t mind because the plot was definitely thrilling enough for me and it kept me gripped. I couldn’t wait to find out how it ended and I loved the huge twist. I can’t wait for the next one already.

This is (only) book eight in the Josie Quinn series and I cheerfully look forward to book 800 in one of my favorite detective series of all time. This one involves her sister Trinity and it’s one of the best!  You could read it as a stand alone but we learn much more of Trinity’s life choices here that ripen the back story in previous novels.  All of our favorite characters are back to investigate this deeply personal mystery and our hearts and stomachs flip many times.  Lisa Reagan is a superb storyteller and her characters feel real and authentic.  Wonderful!
This is the eighth book in the series featuring Detective Josie Quinn, and it is certainly one of the best.  As with most series it certainly is more rewarding to have read the earlier books as there are so many events that have taken place especially with Josie and her family.  Josie has only Recently been reunited with her twin sister Trinity, so when she stormed off after an argument and Josie had not heard from her for a few weeks, she begins to become worried.  She drives to a cabin that Trinity had been renting and finds Trinity’s car there.  Her suitcase, laptop and phone are inside but she is missing.  On investigating the property Josie discovers some human bones.  They are arranged in a certain pattern which was how a serial killer, known as the bone artist, a number of years previously had left his victims.  It is ascertained the bones don’t belong to Trinity but it seems obvious that she has been probably been abducted and maybe murdered.  The story is told from two points of view.  One being Josie’s and one being from a young boy called Alex and his abusive life.  On following up the clues Trinity left for Josie, we get an insight into Trinity’s bullied past.  Josie has a race against time to find Trinity alive.  This book was totally gripping from beginning to end and I can’t wait for the next one in the series.
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
With every book this series gets better and better. Josie is a complex character that you cant help but root for. This book surpassed my expectations.
Josie Quinn's sister Trinity has been abducted and human remains are found close to her sister's cabin. The Bone Artist is back, killing again after a break of several years. Josie must race against time to find her sister (Find Her Alive!) but could she actually be the Bone Artist's next victim...?
In tandem with the plot in the present day with Josie searching for her sister, we also see a narrative timeline of a young boy living with domestic abuse. The family situation is uncomfortable to read and the abuse he suffers was difficult to cope with for me as a mother. There is some grisly detail about body decomposition but it is not overwhelmingly nasty. In fact, the abuse was much more upsetting to read and really pulled at the heartstrings.
We see much more of Trinity's personality and background in this book whilst we have previously seen Josie's. There are plenty of references to past cases but this does not detract from Find Her Alive working as a standalone novel.
All of Josie's cases have a personal association, involving her family or friends. This serves to motivate her but I wonder how she would handle a case that does not have such a personal edge. I felt that some of the clues were a bit tenuous and Josie seemed to make huge leaps of logic that I found not particularly credible but were enjoyable to read.
Find Her Alive is a fast paced and action packed thriller with an emotional undertone. This is the 8th Josie Quinn book
This is my first book by the Author and whilst it can be read as a standalone , I would recommend reading the others in the series first .

The last time Detective Josie Quinn saw her sister , Trinity .  was as she was storming out of the house after an argument .
Now human remains have been found at a remote cabin that Trinity was known to use ….is it her sister ?.
Josie and her team fear the worst ………… but the body is soon found to be that of a missing single mother
from a nearby town . When finger prints and a smudged name are found at the scene it appears that Trinity has
left a clue to a dangerous serial killer …. has her need to save her journalism career put her in his sights ……. will she become his next victim .
As more clues and bodies surface can Josie and her team find Trinity in time or will she be next ?

This a fast paced thriller , with bodies and clues at every turn  ……….. thoroughly enjoyable

I was given an arc of this book by the Publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
This was my first time reading anything by Lisa Regan, and she did not disappoint! I was a bit worried about picking up on the 8th book in a series, but the author gave just enough details to keep you involved if you’re new to Josie Quinn’s life.

I really appreciated the characters and how quickly the story moves along. The ending was interesting, and I didn’t quite see it coming. I really recommend this for anyone interested in mysteries and a good leading female character!

Special thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC in exchange for my honest review. I’ll definitely be looking into more Josie Quinn books soon!
Detective Josie Quinn sister is living with her after things aren’t going to well with her job.
But one day Josie & Trinity have words and Trinity leaves . Josie has not spoke to her in three weeks so she decides to drive to the cabin where Trinity is staying to sort thing out.
When she gets there Trinity’s car and belongings are there but Trinity isn’t .
Josie then finds bones payed out behind the cabin is it Trinity?
Josie works with her team to find out what the bones mean and what’s happened to Trinity.
Great read
Thanks NetGalley
I have thoroughly enjoyed the previous books in the Josie Quinn series and I was grateful to be given the opportunity to review this latest book.
This did not disappoint. The ongoing storyline of Josie and her family/team and the dark twists of this tale meant I finished this book in a day.
Already looking forward to the next instalment.