Cover Image: Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn Book 8)

Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn Book 8)

Wow wow wow this was incredible. First of i am so happy that we're learning more about Trinity. I find her fascinated and to have a story where she features so much is great. I love the relationship between her and Josie and this book is a real turning point for them. The killer was so creepy and i really enjoyed the chapters where we got to go inside his head. I really don't think Lisa Regan can write a book that won't get five stars from me.

Dang, it! I am conflicted here with Find Her Alive and again, that overthinker in me ruined that ending for me!

I love Lisa Regan and she is a favourite for a couple of us in the Traveling Sister Group. When a new book to this series comes out, we start reading it together right away. My TS, who read this one with me, loved it and I was the only one left conflicted with my thoughts.

Overall I enjoyed the story and it was a fast-paced page-turner for me. What I love about this series in we get to see a bit more into Josie's personal life with each book. In this story, after her twin sister Trinity goes missing, we learn more about Trinity and her childhood. Josie determined to find her alive, puts her feeling aside and follows the clues. I love how Lisa Regan layers those clues for us to follow along with Josie and figure some out as she does while also surprising us with the final twist to the story.

The ending and that final reveal left me feeling a bit disappointed and I wish it didn't go there, but after reading eight books in the series and loving them up to this one, I can let it go because I love Josie!! I look forward to the next one!
I know that I'm repeating myself, but that doesn't mean it is less true: the Detective Josie Quinn series is one of my favorite detective series and every time I find out that a new installment is coming out it kind of feels like an early birthday present. Or an actual birthday present in this case, as I was granted an ARC on my actual birthday! I've been a fan of this series ever since I read the first book back in 2018... It's been a long and intense ride for Josie Quinn so far, and it seems like trouble keeps finding her in the small town where she works. I'm not complaining of course, as new trouble means a new Josie Quinn book and another rollercoaster thriller ride to look forward to. Find Her Alive is no exception, and is yet another excellent addition to the series. Book number eight is another firecracker!

One thing that stands out with the books of this series is just how compelling each book is. You will find yourself addicted as soon as you read the first chapters, and with a lightning fast pace and an abundance of action and plot twists you will find it very hard to stop reading until you reach those final pages. Time will fly and it's definitely a good idea to clear your schedule before you start one of these books. Find Her Alive is already book number eight and I have loved watching the main characters grow and develop over time... This book is another personal one for Josie, as the case once again hits close to home. Technically you can read Find Her Alive as a stand-alone, as a little background information is provided to refresh memories, but you will be missing out on the dynamics between the characters if you don't read the previous books. And if you enjoy thrilling and intense detective stories, you will be missing out on hours of entertainment in the first place!

There is just no denying the power of being able to meet up with favorite characters again. I have been rooting for Josie, Noah, Gretchen and the others since the beginning and seeing them grow over time has been a true pleasure. Meeting up with them again feels like meeting up with old friends, although it's going to be quite a stressful meeting in Find Her Alive... Like I said before, in book number eight things are going to get personal again for Josie and the case will hit very close to home. Why? Well, her twin sister Trinity has disappeared without a trace and nobody seems to have heard from her in weeks... Bones found at the cabin she was renting hint at something very sinister, but how will Josie and her team find Trinity without further clues?

There is a lot to love in Find Her Alive and the personal angle definitely gave the story an extra edge. A missing sister, a serial killer cold case, hardly any clues to help them solve the mystery... Oh yes, this will be another intense ride and the main characters won't have it easy. Chapters set in the present are mixed with flashbacks from the serial killer's POV... And I always love it when we get to have a glimpse inside of such a dark and disturbed character. I've mentioned in the past that if you look critically, things can be said about the credibility of certain aspects of the plot and certain things might be slightly over the top, but I personally don't mind as the story is a true rollercoaster ride, has a very high entertainment value and really packs a punch. If you enjoy intense and fast detective thrillers, you should definitely meet Josie Quinn!
I love this series and couldn’t wait to read this latest instalment, definitely did not disappoint. Another fantastic book, with plenty of twists and turns!
When I saw Lisa Regan's name, I was like, why do I know that? And then I remembered, oh, yeah--I read one Josie Quinn book and then inhaled the rest. This book is as good as any in the series and I particularly liked that we got to learn more about Trinity, as even Josie has to acknowledge that she still doesn't know her that well. However, I don't remember Caboodles being a thing in the aughts, but your mileage may vary.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this copy for review.
Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for the arc.

An arguement between Josie Quinn and her sister Trinity leads to Trinity storming out and subsequently going missing leaving Josie and her team to find her , when remains are found Josie is relieved to learn its not her sister but who is the mystery woman and where is her sister ?

We learn more about Trinity in this book which i recommend to all
Another fascinating and intricate mystery starring Detective Josie Quinn. It hasn’t been that long since Josie was reunited with her twin Trinity and her birth family. Now Trinity is missing, following a lead on story about a serial killer that may end her career and her life. Josie along with her partner Lt. Noah Fraley and her team will work flat out to find Trinity. As they examine the evidence that the FBI has on the case, they realize that Trinity has left clues for Josie. Will they be able to decipher the clues in time to save her? Ms. Regan draws you in to the killer’s story while Josie is forced to play his game leading to an amazing ending that took me by surprise. I received an advance review copy at no cost and without obligation for an honest review. (by paytonpuppy)
I absolutely love the 'Detective Josie Quinn ' series by Lisa Regan. With every book you are drawn into this world of a small town charm but big time crime.
Every new addition to this book gets more engaging and you become enthralled with the characters lives.
The crime this time hits Josie straight in the heart, kidnapping of her twin sister.
From page one , the race is on for Josie and her team to save the day, and save her sister. You should go back and begin at book one, you will gain insight and backstories of all the players involved in the books. Another 5 star review from me! Anxiously awaiting the next chapter of the series of Josie and her crew.
Hopefully we get to see more of Drake, he seems like he has a great backstory.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the advanced copy of the book.
#netgalley
#findheralive
Another great addition to the series. A tense and thrilling plot with great character development. This can be read as a standalone but I would recommend reading the series.
It's my second time reading a book from this series and it can be read as a stand alone as the story goes on,, there are some references to the earlier books. It's a compelling read that I found hard to leave down which considering what's happening means lots of extra reading time. I would like to thank the publishers and netgalley for letting me have the book to review and the opinions expressed are entirely my own views and are completely unbiased.
This one is just as good as the previous seven titles in the series. I devoured the first three back-to-back and now I’ve eagerly read each new installment. Luckily, Lisa Regan is a quick writer and we get a new installment about every six months.

The star of the show is Detective Josie Quinn and this one dives deep into her twin sister’s life. Trinity is the co-anchor of a national morning show but she’s on a bit of a hiatus because of some inappropriate on-air remarks. She’s digging into a cold case to work her way back into the network’s good graces. Trinity and Josie have an argument and Trinity storms out to finish up her new story. As time goes on, Josie starts to worry that no one has heard from Trinity, in fact, she is missing. Is Trinity’s disappearance tied to her investigation? Can Josie put the pieces together and find her in time?

This one did a great job of developing the character of Trinity and I think the two sisters will now have an even deeper bond. There’s a mystery to solve, suspense, and a chilling conclusion.

Fellow book friends, if you have some extra time on your hands these days and you are looking for a good series to distract you, pick this one up!
I’ve never read any of the Detective Josie Quinn Series until now but . This is book number eight but on the quality of this one, I would definately read more.

There are several strengths and unique strengths to this book. The relationship between the two sisters, Trinity andJosie. When Trinity goes missing after an argument Josie goes to her remote cabin to speak to her only to find that she’s gone. Everything else is there ,apart from her sister. There is one extra thing there though - a pile of bones. Seemingly a serial killer is creating sculptures out of his victims bones. Is this what has happened to Trinity?

The serial killer premise is unique and chilling. What impressed me however was the relationship between the two sisters and Trinity’s past in particular. The other characters such as Patrick and Drake are strong too. As is the rest of the police team. There’s  a lot of character development that I believe would be even stronger if you read the books before this one.

On another note, I’d quite fancy a cabin in the mountains like in the book but perhaps not exactly that one!
Five she knocked it out of the ballpark stars!!!

Another fantastic installment to the Detective Josie Quinn Series. This is book number eight folks, but I believe this would work very well as a stand-alone book but do yourself a favor and start at the beginning - you will thank me.

Josie has not seen her twin sister Trinity after she stormed out of Josie's home after an argument three weeks ago. Finally, Noah has convinced Josie that enough time has passed, and Josie decides that she is going to go see Trinity in the cabin she is renting. Except Trinity is not there. What is there is Trinity's purse, her car, her cell phone and human remains...

Gathering her team, and an investigation ensues and soon Josie learns that the remains are not her sister but another woman who went missing. Soon Josie and her team get more answers and have even more questions. Just where is Trinity? What is the clue she left behind? Who is the serial killer who is creating sculptures out of his victim's bones?

This book had it all - character development, mystery, suspense, drama, and more background on Trinity. Through the story, the reader learns more about Trinity's past, her current life, and her work status. Regan also shows the effect of stress on individuals and family members effectively. Plus, the characters that I love are all on board to solve the mystery. My fingers are crossed that Patrick and Drake are featured more in future books.

I found this book to be a fast read as I was so enthralled by the story. I found this book to be captivating, thought-provoking and well researched. Lisa Regan is a fast writer and yet her books do not suffer for it, in fact, I think she is getting better. If she keeps writing I will keep reading her books. If you haven't read Regan yet, I highly recommend her books.

Thank you to Lisa Regan, Bookouture and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All the thoughts and opinions are my own. #FindHerAlive #NetGalley @Lisalregan

*This was a Traveling Sisters Group Read
I would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review. I have read quite a few books in this series, and again, this one doesn't disappoint. Each book gets better and better and I always look forward to each one, she writes a great thriller/mystery with a cast of interesting, flawed characters.
Find Her Alive is the eighth story in the Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan. This is a stand alone novel, but I highly recommend you start with the first book, Vanishing Girls. I've been with this series since the first story and would have hated to miss what went on before Find Her Alive. Ms Regan, as always, makes the reader feel like Josie is a personal friend and manages to bring them effortlessly back into her life. This is a mystery with twists and turns which keeps you turning the pages and on the edge of your seat. I want to thank Net Galley and Bookouture for an early copy to review.
This is the eighth instalment of the totally fabulous Detective Josie Quinn series and in my option this has got to be the best yet and although I loved every one of the previous books I think this one just had that something special feel.
So we start with Josie’s sister Trinity going missing after them having an argument and Trinity walking out and hiring a woodland cabin, but Josie starts to feel concerned when a couple of weeks has passed and she still hasn’t heard from Trinity so she sets out to go and see just what’s happening and from then on the story rapidly becomes more and more sinister and totally absorbing.
I read this book so quick as I got so immersed in the story and I loved the fact we found out so much more about Trinity childhood and her growing up.
As always  the wonderful Lisa Regan writes a winner of a read that I can’t fault, she knows just how to capture you and draw you in to a read and I can’t wait for the next in this amazing series and a massive thanks to you Lisa as you can see I loved this book !!
My thanks also to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me the chance to read the ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
Another great instalment in the Josie Quinn series. Lisa Regan is a brilliant author who just seems to write amazing books you can’t put down. This book shows Josie’s determined streak in trying to track her sister down. I love the relationships between the characters too. I can’t wait for the next book, please don’t keep us waiting too long!!
She's back en how!

Josie Quinn is a force to be reckoned with. She is determined, stubborn and when she has her mind set on something she is like a pitbull terrier. Of course, she could not achieve the things she does without her supurb team.

Detective Quin fights for every victim, but this case is particularly close to her heart. Who is this creepy killer? He seems like a ghost. The police are at a loss. The clock is ticking and to Find Her Alive is what keeps them going, hour after hour, day after day...

The author delivered another amazing book with a lot of detail for the forensic science which I find very interesting. Not only does she entertain us with some really disturbed minds, but she had me swallowing a lump in my throat several times too. 5 stars.

Thank you, Lisa Regan and Bookouture.
This book is another fantastic addition to the Josie Quinn series.  The book focuses on Josie's relentless pursuit of finding her missing sister.  Is Trinity alive or dead and what was Trinity up to that led to her abduction?  All great questions!  I was happy to learn more about Josie and Trinity's present relationship and to see the character of Trinity become more fleshed out. The reader started to learn what makes Trinity tick and to see how her childhood shaped the woman she became.  I enjoyed watching Josie start to integrate more into her newfound family and to realize that they had flaws too.  With each installment of the series, the reader gets a first rate mystery as well as a window into the growth of Josie Quinn as a character who learns from her past and is now able to let love into her life.   Can't wait for the next installment!
Great series told by an author that just makes the reader keep turning the pages.  Josie, who was separated from her twin sister Trinity, is now facing the possibility of loosing her to a serial killer.  Story revolves around the murderer who is known as the Bone Artist!  Chapters are sprinkled in telling of this criminal and his tragic upbringing.  Josie, along with her detective team race the clock to gather clues to locate Trinity before it is too late.  I always race through Ragan stories only to have to wait patiently for her next.  "A copy of this book was provided by Bookouture via NetGalley with no requirements for a review.  Comments here are my honest opinion."