Cover Image: Miss Janie's Girls

Miss Janie's Girls

I will leave a review on Amazon or B&N on July 28, 2020

Miss Janie's Girl was such a touching  book at times it was heartbreaking and at other times it brought a smile to my face. Two young girls brought too live with a elderly lady as foster children this book follows their journey. This book kept me turning from the beginning until the last page. I would definitely recommend this book to others.

I received a ARC of the book from NetGalley and Montlake Publishing, and this is my fair and honest review.
Thanks to Netgalley and Montlake Romance for the ARC in exchange of an honest review.
This is a great little beach read or chance if pace read. I, for one, like womens lit books every now and then.
At times this book can be a little too sweet and innocent for my taste and got very repetitive of how the girls didn't feel good enough after the way their momma's raised them.  We got it after about the 30th time of reading it.
Definitely kept me reading it just to see how it ended. But still pretty much knew how it would end. Lol
Bring your tissues to this amazing book!

Be prepared to completely lose yourself in this amazing story.  The emotions are beautifully portrayed, the characters are authentic and relatable, and the story moves along at just the right pace to make you feel like you're living this life for real.  This book showcases the full range of emotions as you follow Miss Janie and her heart-tugging journey.  I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Had to stop the book I was reading because I knew all Carolyn Brown books are a must read immediately. I was looking forward to reading and was not disappointed. Totally shocking and heartwarming. Living in Texas I love the setting. The description of everything can be imagined. Miss Janie is dying of cancer and has Alzheimer’s. Living in the past and present we learn her history by her and her widowed and long time friend. neighbor. Miss Janie last wish is to locate her daughters. Before her Alzheimer’s gets worse she asks her nephew to handle her estate and find her daughters, the two teenage foster girl's she takes in. The girls leave home never to return. A must read. Anyone who reads this book will rave.  ** 10 stars **
A little too sad and dark for me. It was all less of a romance and more of a story about healing and dealing with past.
Miss Janie's Girls is such a sweet read. Two girls who have been dealt a rough hand in life were fostered by Miss Janie, who had to give up her twins at birth. Theresa and Kayla left Miss Janie's, but when She becomes ill, her great- nephew finds both women and they return to Birthright to care for their mother in her last few weeks. Brown always provides such growth for her characters. I loved all the characters in this novel and the ending made my toes curl with satisfaction.
What a beautiful story of love, loss, family, friendship and second chances.  Miss Janie is facing the end of her life, and wants nothing more than the girls she raised to come home and be with her and take care of her until the end of her days. This is the story of that time and the rekindling of old memories mixed with making new memories together.

I really enjoyed this book. I was able to connect with the characters and enjoyed each of the different developing story lines. It was a quick read for me and I’m left wanting more of this story. This is my first time reading a book by this author and I’ll definitely be reading more of her work.

Thank you NetGalley for the ARC of this book! I’m so glad I got the chance to be introduced to this author with this book.
Ever since I picked up my first Carolyn Brown book a few years ago, I crave her stories. I LOVE her stories. This book wasn't exactly a romance novel for me, but nonetheless the story was very heartwarming. A sweet and touching story.
Carolyn Brown, herself with a large family, truly understands the trials and tribulations with siblings and no where is it more evident that with Teresa and Kayla and their strained relationship.

Miss Janie is the girls foster mother, and she is dying.  ut not before she can puts thing right with the stubborn sisters.

I loved this book so much and thank Carolyn Brown for her beautiful storytelling.
This was definitely a bittersweet book...Miss Janie's days are numbered and the days that she does have left are complicated by pain (due to the cancer) and confusion (due to the Alzheimer's). Miss Janie gets her last wish when her great nephew, Noah, is able to track down her two foster daughters - Kayla and Teresa. I didn't particularly like Kayla or Teresa at first, but I thought the author did a really nice job developing their characters as the story unfolded. The reader gets a better sense of each woman and the experiences that led them to become who they are. As they spend Miss Janie's final days with her, they learn a lot about themselves (and one another). I think one of my favorite things about this book was that, now that Kayla and Teresa are older and more mature, they were able to see just how much Miss Janie truly cared about them, giving them a sense of family and belonging.

Thank you to Montlake Romance and NetGalley for providing a copy for review.
It must have been difficult to write Miss. Janie's part in this book. It would be like writing somebody with multiple personalities and tried to keep them straight. The majority of the book seems to be about her with the others playing secondary characters. Not sure that I cared for that.
Miss Janie is suffering from Alzheimer’s, and has also been recently been diagnosed with cancer. Her great nephew Noah has been tasked with finding the 2 young ladies she fostered in their teenage years, and having them come home before it is too late. Miss Janie’s moments of lucidity are interspersed with times when she loses herself into her past, as is common with Alzheimer’s patients. Theresa and Kayla, her foster daughters confront their pasts and work toward healing, and moving forward in their lives.

This was a good book, but somehow the delivery of the story didn’t really allow me to connect with the characters as much as I would have liked. I some of the sadder parts, I would have expected to feel more than I did. I did like the growth that occurred with each of the characters, and also seeing their relationships with each other grow. A solid 3 star book.

I received a copy of this book through Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.
Fantastic as always. Two Foster sisters return to look after the Foster mother in her final weeks. Old hurts are resolved, romances start and the truth behind family history is uncovered. A compelling read that keeps the reader spell bound.
Another wonderful book by the author.
This was truly an emotional story, especially for me because my uncle died of alzheimers. so in this story we meet Janie and she is dying of alzheimers so she writes letters to her girls before she forgets. The girls Teresa and kayla, we do not know how they are going to react to those letters, but let me tell you you cry, and feel it right along with them..Secrets are revealed, and how they can fight thru this.
Characteristically sweet and emotional with just the right addition of sass and eccentricity, this is another small-town real-life story with imperfect characters, everyday challenges, and community.   Charming and easy to read, you'll enjoy the threads as they unwind and intertwine to create a heartwarming narrative celebrating the family of the heart, the circumstances that forge who we are, and the importance of choices.

My thanks to the publisher for the complimentary copy of this title via NetGalley.
A beautifully written book.  Well crafted plot and characters.  You will love this book.  I received an arc from the publisher and this is my unbiased review.
Miss Janie's running out of time and she has one last chance to re-connect with her girls.
Will they want to come back? Will they even be found?
Miss Janie is dying of cancer and is battling Alzheimers and she's left notes for her girls in case she loses her memory.
What isn't predicted is how the girls will react to the news and if they'd come to her aid.
As the story rolls along we get highly charged emotional energy that leaps off every page in regards to the circumstances of not only Janie but the girls (Teresa/Kayla) and I'd even include the nephew Noah.
It's truly an eye opening experience to go through the powerful situation with each one of them in their own individual times.
A number of secrets are revealed to clarify the situation and it's a tear jerker by the time it's all completed.
No doubt the attorney and nephew may not have known how deep the scars can divide but also how they can conquer and unite.
It's a remarkable read on all levels.
Thank you to Carolyn Brown, Montlake Romance, and Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.
I want to thank Netgalley and the publisher for this arc in return for my honest review.

This was a well worth read, it had me engaged from the start to the end.

Please take the time and put this on your reading list, it will not disappoint.
When Alzheimer's and cancer start stealing Ms.Janie's memories and health, she takes Noah with finding her foster daughters. The story that unfolds is one that captivates and resonates. Filled with love and laughter as well as tears and heartache, Carolyn Brown pulls you in and doesn't let you go until the end. The story shows so many different sides of ms.Janie as her disease progresses and it tells her life story while weaving in the foster daughters stories. Loved this book and didn't want it to end.
 I really enjoyed this book.  It was a pretty quick read.  I didn't want to put it down.  I really enjoyed how the relationship between Kayla and Teresa developed.  Though there was sadness in Miss Janie's situation in the end everything came together as any good Carolyn Brown book does.