Cover Image: Sea Glass Castle

Sea Glass Castle

What a book. Sophia moves back to her hometown with her son . When she starts working at a doctors office.
In this third installment of the Carolina Coast series, the story centers around Sophia Prescott, ex-wife of a pro football player, and now single mom living back in Sunset Cove with her best friends, the Sand Queens.  As she works to distance herself from her highly publicized divorce, and tries to find a new normal, she encounters Dr. Weston Sawyer, who is also trying to heal from his past.  Can they form a friendship to help each other re-calibrate their lives?  Maybe if they can get past all of their arguments.

This was probably my favorite of this trilogy.  I felt like the characters had really developed, and Sophia and Wes's stories were tragic, without being overly dramatic.  Their grief was different enough to provide comfort for each other, while giving them the kind of empathy necessary for healing.

I loved that the couples from the first two books still played heavily into this story, making their group of friends wider and ever more protective of each other.  I would love to have more stories that centered around this trio of couples, their lives, and their friendships.

I give this book 4 stars.  I really enjoyed this series as a whole, and I would recommend reading them in order.

I received a digital copy of this book from the publishers, via NetGalley, in exchange for my honest review.
Sea Glass Castle is aother sweet, inspirational romance in the Carolina Coast series. Wes needed an office manager for his pediatric practice, and Sophia needed a job. Their work relationship and friendship starts off rocky as they overcome some obstacles. In the end, they help each other work through a lot of past hurts and heartaches. If you enjoy contemporary Christian romance stories, you'll enjoy this conclusion to a fun series.
This book was such a wonderful ending to the Carolina Coast series, but I am sad to see it end! While reading the first two books, I didn't know if I would like Sophie's book as much as I did Opal and Josie's books, but I am happy to say I did. Sea Glass Castle was a very emotional story. Both Sophie and Wes are healing from their own personal tragedies that draws them together. I loved how they disliked each other so much at first, but as they began to open up and share themselves with each other, they find they have more in common than they imagined. Without giving away any spoilers, I loved the ending as well. I highly recommend this entire series.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoy this story. I am going to miss these characters. Wes stole my heart. I am so glad that he was paired with Sophia. Wes and Sophia had past tragedies that they had to come to terms with before they can have a romantic relationship. I appreciated the advice of Sophia's mother when Sophia asked her how to help Wes. Colin is such a darling and Miss Delma is hilarious. I hope Seth will have his story at some point. He could have a Christmas story. The friendship among Sophia, Josie, Opal, Linc, August and Wes was so encouraging. It reminds readers of what friendships should look like.
'I know I'd do stupid like a boss if it made my woman happy.''

This was just the most  precious book!  I discovered T.I. Lowe a few months ago and have now read the three books in this series.  I love discovering a new-to-me author with a back list of books.  I am  so excited to read the rest of her books. She is now a favorite.  This book is the proverbial icing on the cake of the series.  Lowe just blows it away with this one.

Sophia Prescott, one of the Sand Queens of Sunset Cove has just not been herself since her divorce from a popular pro football player.  In more ways than one.  She is back in Sunset Cove with her family and the two other Sand Queens, Opal and Josie, both of whom got their own book in this series.  Seriously, you need to read these books.  Sophia has never even thought about a second chance till she meets Dr. Weston Sawyer when she takes her 3 year old son in to see the new pediatrician in town.  And things did most assuredly did not go well in that encounter!

Weston Sawyer is most definitely not impressed with Sophia Prescott.  And he is NOT looking  for love, either.  He has moved to Sunset Cove and is still reeling from the death of his  wife and baby three years earlier. He is simply existing through the pain.

'Isolation could become its own form of cancer. It invaded any healthy cell of hope and killed off any faith that life could get better.'

Lowe takes us completely into this place and into the lives of these folks again as she weaves seamlessly a story of new beginnings and second chances.  God's grace in the lives of these two wonderful people is such a wonder to behold.  He brings light into the darkest of pain and disappointment and the light shines even brighter.  I was so touched by her handling of these hurts and heartaches of Weston's and Sophia's.

I cried more than once reading this and laughed out loud in a good many more.  I love those Sand Queens and also the Knitting Club, who know more than a thing or two about life, and I think the three guys need a club name, too!  I loved their part of the story.  Such a wonderful read.  It just made me feel so good inside.  I highly recommend this one, folks.  Don't miss it.

*My thanks to Tyndale House Publishing for a copy of this novel.  The  opinion stated here is entirely my own.
Holy Pediatrics! If my sons' pediatrician was half way as hot as Wes Sawyer is described in this book, I wouldn't have minded all of those office co-pays. Sea Glass Castle is the third book in The Carolina Coast Series by T. I. Lowe and it is my favorite of the three. However, I would strongly suggest reading all three so you can enjoy the beautiful conclusion. It will mean more to the reader. This book featured sassy Sophia, who had been an abused divorcee and is raising a three year old son. That sweet boy, by the way is extremely adorable and the star of the book in my opinion. And it also features the preppy, proper, and widowed Dr. West Sawyer, the new pediatrician in town. There is tension, angst, sorrow, and hope for a new future. This book knocked my socks off and I loved it. I truly recommend for any contemporary romance lover who likes clean and sweet stories that inspire and offer hope in a dark place.
*I was given a copy of this book by Tyndale House Publisher, and this is my honest opinion.
Sea Glass Castle is a fantastic addition to the Carolina Coast series.  I love the author’s writing and the touch of humor she sometimes adds.  The plot and characters in this book will move you to tears.  I highly recommend this book and series.  I received an arc from the publisher and this is my unbiased review.
Loved the book.  Especially the 2 Corinthians 4: 8-18 inclusion.  This seems so appropriate during this time of unlress
I really felt like there was a lot of potential in Sea Glass Castle, but it fell short in major ways that prevented me from enjoying it. First, I was not a fan of the dialogue, particularly between Sophie and her friends/Wes. It seems unnatural and, for me, pretty cringe-y.

I also couldn't take Sophia seriously and I really couldn't relate to her constant temper tantrums and immaturity. I think I really lost all hope when I saw that Sophie and Ty's relationship was borderline amicable, and that Sophie getting a job became a key part of the story arc. In the end, I ended up DNF-ing at around 40%.

I was given an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
DNF...not interested in reading any further. I was looking for a "light" read, but the quality of writing is just not compelling in any way. The sentences seems clunky. The friend group seems cliche. This isn't the book for me.
Loved this one! I was hooked from the very first page to the very last. I couldn't put it down and devoured it in a few hours. Job well done!
Good, sweet, wholesome romance story with lovable main characters you can relate to. The biggest charmer is Sophia’s son, Collin, he stole my heart. I got a kick out of him as he wants to be a big boy and starts the potty-training process. It’s fun to watch Dr. Weston help Sophia do this; so many funny scenes and witty dialogue.

I adored the supporting quirky characters such as the ladies in the “Knitting Club.” Hilarious. Weston, “Shaking his head, he directed his focus on his fake date. (Sophia) “Please. Did you call them the Knitting Club earlier?”

“Yes, but that’ s just the front they use for the gossip ring they’re actually running.” LOL!

Circumstances change in Sophia’s life to where she needs a job and the only one in town is the one working in the Dr. office with Dr. Weston Sawyer. She could not believe it. If she wasn’t so desperate, she would not even apply. Weston felt the same way. “Why did this woman want a job? Didn’t her famous Football player husband give her enough money to live how she was accustomed to?”

Things change after Dr. Weston Sawyer finds out why Sophia needs the job. He hires her under a few conditions. Sophia reluctantly agrees. Neither of them knew how those circumstances would change both of their lives.

I get a kick out of the deal Dr. Weston and Sophia come up with to work together and keep people out of their business. Both are in the public eye, Sophia more than the Dr. because she was married to a famous football player. This is a great, fun escape. It’s the first book I’ve read by this author it won’t be the last. This novel works well as a book club pick and just for fun.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
SEA GLASS CASTLE is the third book in the Carolina Coast series by T. I. LOWE. It is a delightful romance novel which has a great deal of depth to it.
The analogy of sea glass, which has been rubbed smooth by the sea, as being comparable to what happens to people who have also been rubbed into something beautiful by experience, is really meaningful.
In this book we come across the Sand Queens again, Opal, Sophia and Josie. They have been close friends since school and are really supportive of one another. The other two members of the Sand Queens will not allow Sophia to give in to depression after her disastrous marriage to footbal star Ty Prescott. She also needs to keep going for her son, Collin's, sake.
After four years, Dr Weston Sawyer is still mourning the death of his wife and son. He is barely living, but takes over the Sunset Cove Pediatric Clinic. After a  disastrous first meeting, the rather prissy Sophia and the meticulous Weston become friends.
Wes and Sophia are both broken people who, through working together, come to understand and support one another. Will this lead to something more? The gossip mongers, commonly known as the Knitting Ladies, are certainly doing their best to find out!
I love the characters, from the rather eccentric Opal Cole with her large and rather intimidating husband, Lincoln, to paint splattered artists, Josie and August Bradford, right down to delightful little Collin Prescott. The author has an amazing way of getting us right into the characters' emotions as she deals sensitively with subjects such as divorce and spousal abuse and grief at the loss of loved ones. The Christian message is strong and rhere is a feeling of hope running through the story.
This whole series is altogether lovely and I recommend that you read the three novels in sequence, although Sea Glass Castle can be read as a stand alone.
I was given an ARC copy of the book by Tyndale House Publishers from NetGalley. The opinions in this review are completely my own.