Cover Image: Every Little Secret

Every Little Secret

Maddie, Maddie Maddie you broke my heart.  Attempting to live with the grief of losing a young daughter when her husband goes missing and the police suspect suicide.  How could he, in the middle of this trauma, desert her?  Maddie can’t believe it and sets out to discover the truth and, oh dear, it goes from bad to worse.  This is a beautifully written gripping thriller that I highly recommend.  So much better than the cover let’s on.  Five star read for sure.
Every little secret was a story of a man living two lives because he wants to do right by both women. I found the story slow at times, but did enjoy the book overall.  Allison and Maddy went through so many things no mom would ever want to go through. The author did a great job of bringing light to emotions and the way things can mentally way on you.
Can't give away too much. Maddy's life was perfect, until her daughter died. Then her husband goes missing. She is determined to find out what has happened to him but soon realizes maybe she didn't know him at all. A tense, twisty story!

Thanks Netgalley and the publisher for the advance ecopy.
This was a very entertaining read.  Just as soon as the reader think they have the plot figured out, from the left another twist hits you like a truck! Nothing was as it seems, and even until the end their was twists and turns galore.  Highly recommended.
TB
A book full of secrets , twists and suspense. Gripping from the start. Highly recommended. I loved it
didn’t enjoy this book. It was very slow paced not develop enough. I wanted to dnf the book but I pushed through
Maddy and Max lost their 5 year old daughter Chloe just months ago. They've been trying to keep their life from falling apart for their older daughter Emily and the baby they are expecting. But then Max goes missing, seemingly dead at his own hand, leaving Maddy to pick up the pieces and to find answers to her questions.
Why does he have a key to someone else's house? Who is Max, really?

I found this one a bit of a slow burner, if I'm honest.
We start with the disappearance of Max, and his wife Maddy tries to make some sense of the situation. She soon realises she didn't really know Max and discovers the secrets he's been hiding. Around this point, the story picks up and it leads to a fast paced, gripping story.
I really enjoyed this one.
This book was highly compelling and full of suspense. This book has held my attention right to the very end. It is told by different perspectives which makes it interesting. The cover grabbed my attention. I always love a good cover !! I kept second guessing what would happen. I loved this book and I highly recommend it.
I received this ARC book from Netgalley for honest Review.

What a great thrill and suspense it was to read. What a great psychological thrill! This novel had everything in it. The thrill, the suspense, the psychological, and the twist is crazy. This novel will keep you thinking and guessing. When you think you right, well let me just say that you might be wrong. This had me all over the place. My heart beating so fast! I couldn't believe what I was reading. If had me in shock. Every page, every chapter was a page turner. I couldn't believe my eyes what I was reading. I highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. It will surprise you in every way.
4.5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫

The storyline was very good!
The theme and setting was well put together. The characters was well put together in the story.
This story will have in a rollercoaster with all the spooky and secrets. Was so well put in the story.
Everything all in one book.
It was just perfect!
I highly recommend everybody get this and read it.
What a great read! This had me hooked from the beginning. What a Rollercoaster! The sitting, theme, and the Characters had me pulled so in. Everything was well put together and it was just perfect. This novel would have you guess and thinking all the way to the end. What a great thrill and suspense. I love a great suspense that would have me think and guessing. This novel did just that to me. To the point that am wrong. When the ending comes am on shock. I wouldn't of never believe or guess. Like OMG!
Highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. Its so good!
Can't wait for her next book.
#netgallery #everylittlesecret
Having read Ruby's previous book, Some One Elses Baby, and enjoyed that very much - I was excited for Every Little Secret, and certainly wasn't disappointed. Thank you to Hera and the author for the review opportunity.

Ruby has a talent of starting her novels with dramatic scenes that reel you into the characters lives, troubles and this makes you a witness to the family that is falling apart with your very eyes. This story is filled with tension and secrets, that will have you desperate to keep reading to find out what really happened. There were times I was dreading the next chapter because I was engaged with the characters, I wanted them to have happy moments, only to see their world turned upside down.

Very twisty and would certainly recommend to readers who enjoy thrillers by Rona Halsall and KL Slater,

This would have made a cracking tv drama #justsaying
Another hit for Ruby Speechley!  Every Little Secret is a multi-layered  domestic thriller which captures your attention right off and deftly guides and speeds you to the amazing end!
This was an easy to read thriller that kept my attention all the way through! Lots of twists and surprises I didn't see coming. Very good, would recommend
Maddy’s five year old daughter has died recently and she’s trying to keep her family together.
But one day the police turn up with max her husbands rucksack from the local canal and then people saw max jump in the water. Muddy doesn’t believe max would leave her.
While looking through the rucksack she finds a key with a plot number on it.
As Maddy delves onto finding out what happened to max and in doing so uncovers more and more secrets.
Great Read
Thanks NetGalley
Maddy Saunders is working in her mothers restaurant when she meets Max. Both of them are immediate smitten with each other. Max is a builder, decorator. He starts helping Maddy restore her parents old house.
Max likes his women blonde and skinny. That's why he is surprised when he is so attracted to Maddy. She is Voluptuous and has dark hair. She's gorgeous and he loves her. They soon marry and have two beautiful little girls. Maddy is pregnant with their third child. They are hoping for a boy
Max runs into an old friend and discovers his old girlfriend is around. He's curious. Last time he saw her, her father paid him off, gave him a new identity and sent him on his way. He was never to contact his old girlfriend again.
The wheels of time have turned and things that Max didn't expect will happen. What he decides to do will change his future and all those connected to him.
A great read of love, betrayal, and second chances.
4☆ Gripping, Suspenseful, Twisty, Compelling and I Highly Recommend Reading it.

Maddie is having a heartbreaking time, she has just lost her 5yr old daughter Chloe to meningitis and now just 3 weeks later the police have just told her that her husband Max has just killed himself, leaving behind just his bag.

Maddie has no idea why Max would kill himself leaving behind her and their other daughter 7yr old Emily
Was it grief? Why did he leave behind the bag? Was he in some kind of trouble?

These are all the questions Maddie so desperately needs answers too. So she decides that the only way to get answers is to go look. But will Maddie like what she's about to uncover? Was it grief that drove him off that bridge?

Every Little Secret is a compelling thriller with a dash of Mystery, that will keep you gripped till the very end.
Maddie is a character you will route for as she uncovers secrets and the truth. My heart went out to her, to go through what she's been through, and then finding the strength to carry on and get answers just highlights how amazing she is.
There are plenty of cleverly plotted twists and turns along the way to keep you guessing.
I appreciated the multiple POV especially as you got discover Max's story. Which I love with my thrillers.

Overall a fab thriller that is gripping, suspenseful, Twisty, compelling and I highly recommend reading it.

Thank you to Rachel Random Resources for this copy which I reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
This is my first book from this author. Wow. This thriller was a quick read but in a good way. I enjoyed the characters and storyline.
A great read, such a roller coaster! It pulled me in from the first page worth its twists and turns. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to others!
Every Little Secret by Ruby Speechley is a twisty and suspenseful domestic drama that will have you questioning everything that you have ever taken at face value in the context of a relationship.  This is a novel that will most certainly provide a distraction from the here and now, as you are swept along on a virtual journey of jaw-dropping deception.  It spins a very tangled web, and it is altogether addictive.

Maddy and Max Saunders are still grieving the sudden death of their daughter,Chloe, when yet another tragedy befalls the small family.  Max has gone missing, and when his rucksack is found at the bottom of a river, the police suspect that it is a case of suicide.  Already reeling from Chloe's death, Maddy refuse to believe that her husband would commit such a selfish act, and devotes herself to uncovering the truth behind Max's disappearance.  What she will uncover will expose her beloved husband in a way that no one could have ever expected, least of all Maddy herself.

This is a compelling read that kept me guessing, and continued to shock as the narrative progressed.  I look forward to reading more from this author.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Hera Books for this ARC.
I would firstly like to thank Netgalley and the publishers for allowing me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

This read had me questioning everything I know about my partner! Completely terrifying!
Intriguing and fast-paced, the plot unfolded perfectly, delivering a story that pulled on my emotions and invested me in the character's lives. I couldn't help but feel for Maddy and my heart dropped everytime a new piece of information was revealed. I was gripped from start to finish!
While I was left feeling rather unsatisfied by that conclusion, I have so many questions!, I still would definitely recommend this book.
Can't wait for this author's next!
If you’re looking for something that will take you right out of lockdown life, then look no further. This twisty-turny thriller is full of suspense, and the writer ratchets up the tension with almost every page. In fact I’d say it’s almost the definition of a page turner. I was totally absorbed in the story to the point where I was reading this book while cooking supper, much to my husband’s surprise! It’s about – well, that’s the thing. You think it’s one story but then you find out it’s something much, much darker…

Every Little Secret starts off focused on grieving mother, Maddy, who is struggling to cope with the death of her daughter Chloe – only to be hit with a second blow when the police tell her that her husband Max is missing, presumed drowned. As she tries to hold it together for the sake of her other child, she becomes consumed by the desire to find out what really happened to Max. Maddy’s sleuthing leads her into some dark places, and the twists and turns of the plot become almost – but not quite – unbelievable.

It’s hard to write a review of this book without giving the game away, but one of the things I particularly enjoyed about it was the way that the author got into the heads of the key protagonists, telling their parallel stories, so that from a psychological point of view, you really understood why they acted in particular ways at different times. The characters were so well drawn, and I liked the fact that the end wasn’t obvious, reflecting the messiness of human relationships. I’d definitely read another novel by this author, and found it a great escape at these difficult times.