Cover Image: Heired Lines

Heired Lines

Natalie is just a blast of sweetness with a touch of the klutz.
Taking an assignment with Lord Gavin ends up becoming a bit more of an adventure than our Nat was ready for.

There is a whole lot of push and pull building up to the final capitulation.
I adored Nat for not giving up - She wanted to see him smile and her natural tendency to just live and let be seemed to do that. And when the wicked witch reared her ugly head (what a piece of work)trying to darken the magic ...
Her Lord found his way and saved the day

This has it all -
All the magic you could want in a solid happily ever after
Castle ✔️
Everyday Gal working herself to the bone ✔️
Grumpy boss ✔️
Evil being labeled a mother ✔️
Lots of furry animals ✔️
A sweet as pie housekeeper ✔️
A prince or lord in this case ✔️
A ball ✔️
A happily ever after ✔️✔️

The overall story is sweet in its telling
A bit bumpy build in the beginning till around 30%
Then the story seemed to find its footing and had my full attention
A sweet read that checks all the boxes
Have I ever read a book with many cliches and still felt happy reading it....Yep....I am like that. Sometimes sweet romances do that to me.

This is the first time that I am reading a book by author Magan Vernon and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The cover page is attractive and the blurb did hint at the story being of poor girl rich man love story theme but I wanted to read a romance with nobility in it

I enjoyed the story. The story is a about a working class girl from North Carolina US who is a Graduate in history and has her own website where she sells pieces of art which she scours from flea markets. Natalie is hardworking, has a loving mother but who is unwell and the family is in debt because of her medical bills. So when she gets this offer from Lord Gavin of Webley to apprise and curate the historical pieces in his manor she immediately takes up his offer as the remuneration would have solved her problems. Lord Gavin of Webley had inherited this manor and title from his aunt Sarah. The chemistry between Natalie and Lord Gavin can be felt from the first mails they write to each other.

So to learn what happens when Natalie finally reaches Webley and joins her work and to know how the relationship between the boss and employee progresses you have to read the story.

The things I liked in the story, Natalie as a strong character, her spunk, her witty comebacks, her thoughts going through her head.....Lord Gavin trying to keep his aura of the lord yet unable to stop himself from reacting to Natalie's comments.
The cliched character of the 'evil' Lady Helena and on the fence Sister Cecily.....

I would have loved to see a bit more drama in the story.

This story reminded me of the bollywood lovestories or the sweet royal stories that I have seen in Hallmark. I like both these so no regrets.

If you want to read a sweet romantic story involving Nobility, a beautiful manor, a handsome Lord and a sassy American girl then you should definitely pick this one up.

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book received from Netgalley and Entangled publishers All thoughts and opinions are my own"
Natalie is a curator who is struggling to pay her mother’s medical bills, so she finds herself searching flea markets for antiques to sell on line.   When she is approached about a job offer that would solve all her problems, she can’t turn it down even if it means leaving the short and working in England for the next four months.

Gavin finds himself in need of assistance when he finds himself the new owner of a manor that is filled to the brim with antiques that must be catalogued for the historic society.   He is intrigued by the woman he met on line but that is nothing compared to the attraction he feels for her when he sees her.

There is no denying the chemistry and connection between them but when everyone believes that a Lord doesn’t belong with a commoner is their romance destined to end before it really begins?

Fun and flirty I really enjoyed the interactions between Gavin and Natalie as two people with very different lifestyles prove that the only thing that really matters is love.
This book was a really cute read.

From their first email exchange it was easy to see Natalie and Gavin's connection. Natalie has a love for history and antiques so she was perfect to catalog the contents of the estate Gavin inherited.

As they spent time together, Gavin and Natalie grew closer despite the big differences in their lives. I thought Magan Vernon did a nice job creating characters that are relatable and genuine, especially Natalie. Gavin seems a bit stuffy at first glance but he is a good person with a big heart.

Both Gavin's siblings and Natalie's sister are part of the book and I hope we also get their stories!
I was so taken by this book! Magan Vernon gives us a quirky book of a girl who loves her history, a lord who just wants the stuff cleaned out of his aunt’s place and every little debacle that these two could get themselves into. I adored the connection that Natalie and Gavin have and the banter between the two. Their chemistry is sizzling and I adored how Gavin was so taken by her that he couldn’t walk away and would do anything to keep her. There were some interesting moments that keep you on your toes as well through this and I thought it was an utter blast to read. If you want a unique and quirky story, pick up Heired Lines because you will not be disappointed in the wit and humor plus those sizzling moments that will have you swoon!
*ARC kindly provided via NetGalley. This is my honest opinion.*

You know me, I love royal romances, so I couldn’t pass this book without giving it a try! I have to say that it was definitely a winner! The cover was the one that piqued my interest at first, and the story was what kept me reading!!

Natalie is a historian, struggling to pay her mom’s medical bills. History always excited her, so when she receives an email from a stranger offering her a job in England, she can’t decline. This is her chance to do what she loves and earn enough money to help her mom. Lord Gavin Webley couldn’t anticipate the change that an American woman would bring into his life. When he offered Natalie the job, he couldn’t fathom the connection they’d have.

I really enjoyed the story! I could feel their connection and I was rooting for them from the start. Lord Gavin is definitely a favorite character and I must say that the cover model fits his description perfectly!! Natalie’s excitement about history was apparent and it made me want to search more about all the history facts. My favorite part of the manor has to be the puppies! I mean who wouldn’t love to have more than 30 puppies running around and spread joy!!!

My first book from the author was a winner! I really liked her writing style and I’ll make sure to check out more of her books! If you are looking for a sweet royal romance with an undeniable chemistry between the characters, you found it!
Natalie needs to make money quick to help her mother pay her medical bills.  When she receives a random job offer halfway around the world, she can’t say no, even if their first interactions rubbed her the wrong way.

Gavin, the new Lord of Webley, needs a curator to clean out the manor he has inherited.  He’s completely intrigued by the newly graduated historian he comes across online and offers her a job on a whim.

American co-ed and English nobility . . . they can never be a match, but their attraction is too much for either one of them to ignore.  The more they try to ignore it, the hotter it burns.  Flirtations and witty conversations soon start to turn into more.  But, how can two people from such opposite worlds with very different expectations have a happy ever after?

Heired Lines was my first Magan Vernon book, and I am hooked!  It was an amazing slow burn with a truly delicious push and pull between the main characters, Gavin and Natalie.  I absolutely adored his couple.

Gavin is really fighting to escape the expectations his parents have for him and instead to be his own man.   It’s clear how much he cares for the manor he inherited along with the town his new title makes him lord over.  He wants to be a good role model and leader for Webley without giving in to the pretentiousness of his station.

Natalie is super sweet and still somewhat innocent in a way.  I adored her genuine love for history and how she can’t help but to share it with anybody and everybody that will listen.  It’s clear she cares for Gavin as a man, and not for his money or things, even though his money would have solved all of her problems.

Gavin’s mother, of course, has plans to do whatever she can to make sure a relationship between this pair doesn’t happen, and it’s up to Gavin to find a way to make things right and to fight for who and what he wants as the Lord of Webley!  And, the ending is a real show stopper!  5 stars!
Meh, not for me. Very quick read, bland characters and storyline similar to many others. Unfortunately there was nothing that made this book stand out for me. Maybe a rabid royal fan would enjoy this book more than I did. Ultimately I found it rather forgettable.
3.5 stars When Gavin inherits a castle full of his great aunt's possessions that need to be sorted and cataloged, unemployed recent history graduate Natalie is the perfect person to hire. Gavin hires her and moves her from North Carolina to England, and it's quite a culture shock for both of them.
I found Gavin to be much more likable than the book blurb portrays, and the romance to be much more of a slow burn. Natalie and Gavin definitely had great chemistry, and the book is told in alternating POV. The ending felt too quick to me. Overall, a good story with main characters and a couple you wanted to root for. Easy, quick read.
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
With Natalie's mother's medical bills being impossible to manage, Natalie takes a job curating artifacts in England. She was fortunate to find this job, and, not only will she be able to pay the bills, but she will be able to get a jump on her career as an established curator. When she meets Lord Gavin, she is more than drawn to him, despite his buttoned up nature.

However, Natalie has more than enough work to do, as does Lord Gavin, so any attachment either forms with the other will definitely have to sit on the back burner. Also, even though Natalie begins to notice that the handsome Lord Gavin likes her as well, she must contend with his overbearing mother, someone who sees status as the all important factor in any relationship Gavin forms. This certainly leaves Natalie out of the picture.

While the pair work hard to identify and value the multitude of items in the castle, the story flows along with a slowly developed romance. Then, when things finally looked good, there was a wrench thrown in the plans. For a quick royalty romance - rich lord/poor girl fall in love - then this is just the right read.

Many thanks to Entangled and to NetGalley for this ARC for review. This is my honest opinion.
I liked this book! This book started of great! It caught my attention right away! It slowly started to stall out for me around the half way point. It is a definite slow burn! For those that like slow burns you will really like this book! Towards the end it started picking up for me. It just left me wanting more!

Received an arc for an honest review
I am royally smirking. (It's a thing!)

Heired Lines is a smile inducing happily ever royal kind of book. It guarantees a happy ending and a dopey grin with a side of sighing.

Swoon if you must, I'm sure Lady Sarah has an original fainting couch somewhere. This Lord knows how to woo a lady. (I'm snickering because its totally not true!) He doesn't want the American curator. He just can't see to stop needing to be in her presence.

Despite what they want, it seems these two will get exactly what they deserve.

Also can we talk about the food bill for over 30 dogs... I just want their dog food/treat budget! 😉

Oh and can we please, ease get a Natalie guided tour! Ms. Vernon could you set that up!?! I need to get on the waitlist ASAP. Webly sounds like my dream, hoarder rooms and all!
4⭐️

I've always been a fan of Magan Vernon ever since I've read The Only Exception—Trey and Monica had left a lasting impression on me.

This is like a modern day take on the Cinderella story, where Cinderella is a neophyte antique curator and Prince Charming was the Lord of Webley Castle.

It's was a slow burn for me, to the point of making me really antsy... making me wonder if they will really end up with each other.  The push and pull was cute at first but I felt like it was practically like that for most of the book.

Overall, I did enjoy the story but I just wish there was more in between. More butterfly-in-my-tummy moments... more jealousy, more cute drama... but this is just me.

If you're looking to read about a dashing english nobleman falling for the typical American girl next door, then this is the book to pick up next.
Heired Lines is a very sweet fast paced, slow burn romance between an English Lord and an American curator. Their original meeting over the phone while Natalie is trying to sell a vintage vase online opens up opportunities for both characters needs. Natalie needs the money to help with her mothers hospital bills, Gavin needs someone to curate his aunts vintage collections.

Natalie moves to Webley, England for the summer with a job offer she couldn't refuse. At her arrival, she learns she'll be staying and working in a castle, and her boss is the handsome and uptight Lord of the castle. What could be better than a full historical adventure for a girl with a master in history with a thesis on European antiquities and their importance to modern society? Right! Natalie and Gavin's feelings for each other becomes obvious to everyone around them, starting drama with Gavin's family because of Natalies status.

This book has all the tropes for a classic hallmark movie trope of the rich man falling for the poor girl, wanting to help her, evil mother of his trying to sway her away from her son but sometimes tropes are classic and if you like that, I think this is the book for you.
Magan Vernon is a new to me author and after finishing Heired Lines I’m definitely going to be reading more from her. This one is a slow burn British royalty and American commoner romance.
Natalie is fresh out of school, her mother has mounting medical bills when the job opportunity of  a lifetime falls into her inbox. A Lord from England needs a curator and she is the perfect person for the job. Lord Gavin is rich, a lord, good looking and kind of comes across as a jerk in the beginning. Two people who wouldn’t normally cross paths are now forced to work together and to fight off their attraction for one another.
This is a slow slow slow burn and I was rooting for Natalie and Gavin from the start. I loved their banter from the beginning and their chemistry once they finally met was great. However, I was also getting frustrated at all the almost moments throughout the book. This story also had somewhat of a fairytale vibe for me with the Lord, a commoner, a wicked mother and of course, a ball.
Heired Lines is a fast paced, slow burn, sweet romance that will have you laughing out loud a few times. For any fans of royal romances this one is a MUST READ.
A modern fairytale. Natalie has a degree and a pile of bills like most 20 something young Americans. She is selling items on EBay to pay her mom’s medical bills when she gets an unimaginable job offer. Gavin has just been made Lord of Wembley when he stumbles upon Natalie’s post about a vase from Wembley. From the moment they connect online sparks are flying. In person it is even more pronounced even as disaster looms. She has to deal with a snobbish family and society rules she is unaccustomed to while they fight their feelings for each other. In the end the heart wins out and the family comes around to give them their fairytale ending.
If you love a slow burn romance, this is the book for you. Natalie is an American history and antique lover who is trying to take care of her sick mother and struggling when she gets an email from Gavin questioning her expertise after posting an antique from his small town in England. A small town he happens to be Lord of. After some heated messaging back and forth he gives Natalie the chance of a lifetime and a job that could be the answer to some of her problems. There is some great chemistry right off the bat between Lord Gavin and Natalie but with roadblocks, like a stuck up mother in the way these two have  their work cut out for them to make things works. Luckily enough for them an HEA is in the cards.

**I was provided with an advanced readers copy of this book courtesy of Entangled Publishing via NETGalley in exchange for my fair and honest review**
4 stars
I really liked this Magan Vernon book. It reminded me a lot of her early books (which I loved). It was a cute story  about a royal love story. Cute and light. Great read by the pool!
Natalie wasn’t expecting Gavin to be nobility!

Natalie Reeder was trying to make money to help pay her mother’s medical bills when she offered a vase for sale stamped Webley, England. Natalie was surprised when she was questioned by a possible buyer named Gavin Webley about the vase and after some back and forth, he offered her a job to help clean out his family’s estate in Webley, England. Natalie was surprised that the buyer was Lord Gavin Webley who had inherited the Webley estate from his Great Aunt Sarah. Gavin’s security team had vetted Natalie, but he was surprised that she was more interested in the historical items in the house than she was in him.

Heired Lines is a different twist between nobility and billionaire romances because Gavin knows everything about Natalie, and she couldn’t find him on the internet leading to some fish out of water feelings for both of them.

I love royal romances and I did enjoy this one! Gavin is swoon worthy and his romance with Natalie was cute. It was a bit predictable but it kept me engaged and I enjoyed it. Thank you to netgalley for the arc!