Cover Image: Heired Lines

Heired Lines

Let's talk about disappointing reads. Heired Lines doesn't add anything new to the romance genre. I thought it was going to be more exciting but as soon as I started reading I knew I was in for a very fast read, but one that was not going to impress me. Heired Lines weaves the story of our American girl Natalie whose mother is sick and she is stricken with medical bills after medical bills. As a curator and historian she doesn't make a lot of money, but her main job include selling artifacts on Ebay. One day she gets a notification from a random person from Webley in regards to an artifact. However, she soon also gets offered a one in a million experience that will allow her to pay off her mom's bills, it does require her to move across the world (because this isn't weird at all).

The story continues in one of my favorite tropes of royalty vs non royal. However, the story bored me. Natalie's only trait is being intelligent in facts about history which weren't added to the story to feel anything interesting. Our Lord is bland and the love story between the two is so freaking slow. It is not one of those slow burn books where you feel the chemistry radiating through the pages. It actually bores you through it all and when they finally do kiss and the book turns romantic it happens towards the end and it is completely anti climatic.

Another aspect I didn't enjoy was the addition of the subcharacters. Lord Webley's mother hates Natalie with a passion, and that is the only aspect of characterization we get from her. Natalie's mom and sister are present through a facetime call and we never once get to experience their relationship. And the ending?? After all the hate, they simply decide to all be okay with Natalie all of a sudden and the story ends abruptly.

All in all the flow of the book wasn't for me and it disappoints me because I am a sucker for royalty books.

*I received this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

-- 1.5 stars --
Okay so I really wanted to read this book because I'm a sucker for royal romances, but I did not realize just how invested I would get in Gavin and Natalie's story. I really loved how the author kept going back and forth Natalie and Gavin's points of view because I found myself yelling at the characters quite often; "why can't you see she likes you?!".

I'm obsessed. I want more.
We would do anything for family. Or at least that is how Gavin and Natalie feel. When presented with an opportunity of a lifetime that could pay off a debt, Natalie will do why she has to to help her mother.

Gavin is used to being taken advantage of, being ordered around, and people using him. The feisty American he’s hired to help clean out his great aunts manor certainly is not what he’s expecting.

They are from two different worlds but that doesn’t stop the chemistry they share. Can they over come it and have a happily ever after ?
When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed and you are in #COVID19 #socialisolation,  superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. (I have played a zillion games of scrabble, done a zillion crosswords and I AM BORED!!!)

Sometimes, you’ve got to take a job with the devil to pay the bills...

Too bad I learned too late the devil wears Armani, is the most uptight man in the history of history, and I just signed an unbreakable contract shackling me to his pompous royal side for the summer. But God, he’s got this British accent that makes my panties melt.

Until the words that he says catch up with my brain and make me want to throw one of his precious vases at his head. One minute we’re fighting—and the next—we can't keep our hands off each other. Because somehow, when Mr Blue Eyes is kissing me, he makes me forget how much he annoys me. And that starts a whole new level of complications I. Don’t. Need. Cuz if you dance with the devil, someone’s gonna end up getting burned…

I am just going to say it: too formulaic, too typical, too predictable. I said that I would be honest....it just didn't delight me, or get me involved or do anything "different"! I started this book before bed and went to bed early: As a librarian, if I do not learn something new or get engaged in the characters, I make a decision: I do not truly read/finish the book (I skimmed through it) as there are too many good ones out there to read and review. That also applies to just being a lover of books --- if it isn't interesting, on to the next one!

Maybe the fact that I hate the word PANTIES should have been an indication???
Cute Story, Fast Read, Loved Zoey and Gavin "uh, I mean Lord Gavin" The characters had depth and the chemistry was great. Loved the side storyline with the dogs and the Scottish heritage. Fun, beachy read. Would read more from Magan Vernon.
FIVE STARS! Magan Vernon does it again with her swoony, funny, and sexy take on the opposites-attract royalty romance. When you've got a strong heroine and a grumpy hero who needs his shell cracking, what more could you ask for? At a time when we all need an escape, this is the perfect book to do it. Five stars, highly recommended!
Super adorable story here. A royal and a commoner, rescue dogs, and a serious love of history brought all the pieces of this story together brilliantly!

Natalie has a history degree and has only ever used it to scour flea markets and swap meets for antique pieces to sell on Ebay. She posts a vase she just found and got an email about it right away. Some snarky guy from Webley in England was giving her flak about her post. Then he offers her a job to curate an estate for him.

She flies across the pond to find that Gavin is the Lord of the Webley estate. His aunt had recently passed and left the 100 room estate full of her hoarded treasures to Gavin. He needs help getting things sorted for the historical society and Natalie is his best bet.

The chemistry between Natalie and Gavin is felt almost right away but they're determined to keep it platonic between them. But then Gavin busts through her defenses by buying scarves for her mom and adopting 11 rescue dogs on a whim because they made her smile. The rescue dogs seriously warmed my heart!

But she keeps getting warnings that they can never be anything because of his Lordship. So she swears to just get her job done and go back to America before he can worm his way any deeper into her heart. What she feels for him is more than a crush, but without the promise of a future, what is she supposed to do?
Heired Lines, is a book that I could easily see as a movie on Hallmark or BBC. I really enjoyed it. Natalie is full of so many historical facts. I could envision them.
This was pretty much your run-of-the-mill American meets Brit who is actually a Lord but it was a way more in-depth and historical aspect of the manor he lives. It was a pretty fun read except I do not love the UNC aspect (Go Duke).
This book is so much better than its cover and description! I was pleasantly surprised. I was hooked from the first chapter. Great romantic tension between the two main characters, and I’m a sucker for almost anything that takes place in England. Please change that cover though. It seriously looks like a guy in a chef’s jacket. This book deserves so much better.
Let's begin by making a list with what we had in this book:
- rich(lord in this case) & very good looking guy - check
- poor & smart & beautiful girl - check
- huge mansion/castle & 3 (not one) expensive cars
- poor girl but with big money problem. In this case mothers huge hospital bills - check
- the rich guy has a wicked mother that wants her son to marry a woman who has the same status - check
- let's not forget the ball - check
- and the main characters dance at the ball - check also
I think this is it.
No, I forgot. We had also the wicked mother that gives money to the poor girl to leave her son, the poor girl leaving without taking the money and of course the rich and very much in love (he realizes that almost at the very end) that chases after the poor girl and ofers her not only himself but his castle also - check, check & check.
Yep, so this is almost everything.
Despite all this clichés the story was not that bad. I enjoyed the writing and it felt like I was watching a Hallmark movie.
And what can I say, I love Hallmark movies 😋
This book could use with a bit more editing. There is one part where she says "I got out of the shower..... There was no point in me showering I will just get sweaty." All in the same paragraph.
It also gets so repetitive about how they shouldn't give into their feelings. Literally that is the entire book, nothing else happens. I skimmed the last 40% of the book.
Loved this book!  This is a fun contemporary romance between and Lord and a commoner from the states.  She's hired to curate the antiquities in his castle and he can't stop thinking about her.  However, as the Lord of the Manor, he's responsible to marry a noble and maintain the family line.

The nobility have no hesitation in letting her know just how inappropriate Natalie is for Gavin, making her want to slink away in the dead of night.  Add in Gavin's mother, who takes nasty and condescending to a whole new level, and Natalie wishes she could just disappear.

The characters were engaging and the author made me care about them and feel invested in their story.  I loved their back stories - especially Natalie's history and how it shaped her.

This is a wonderful story and fans of the genre will love this one - put it at the top of your TBR list.  The author is on my must read authors' list.
Heired Lines is a very sweet fast paced, slow burn romance between an English Lord and an American curator. Their original meeting over the phone while Natalie is trying to sell a vintage vase online opens up opportunities for both characters needs. Natalie needs the money to help with her mothers hospital bills, Gavin needs someone to curate his aunts vintage collections.
Natalie moves to Webley, England for the summer with a job offer she couldn't refuse. At her arrival, she learns she'll be staying and working in a castle, and her boss is the handsome and uptight Lord of the castle. What could be better than a full historical adventure for a girl with a master in history with a thesis on European antiquities and their importance to modern society? Right!
Natalie and Gavin's feelings for each other becomes obvious to everyone around them, starting drama with Gavin's family because of Natalies status. A Lord cannot be with a commoner!
This read was a light hearted one with a few laugh out load moments.
*I received a digital advanced copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.*
Heired Lines by Magan Veron a five-star read that jewel of a read. Aaaawww Gavin, you really are a little bit of a grump aren’t you but let’s be honest I think we all would be if we had his family. I really, really liked Natalie she had a little of Great Aunt Sarah’s fire and love of treasure. This was such a fun and flirty read, I love this authors writing as she just makes life funny, its great as she pulls all the different aspects to life and manages to get everything in and make it all make sense, but still be funny and a little naughty. I started this one thinking I would read a couple of chapters before bed, as I’m now working from home I don’t have a long commute so I don’t have to be up so early (thank goodness) so it was great timing, until I couldn’t put it down and stayed up reading till 4am. I’m sat at my home desk in my pjs with a coffee, my hairs a mess and I am present in body if not spirit, but I don’t care, I managed to read this amazing story and have fun regal dreams!! Let your reality be held for a moment especially during these troubling times and enjoy being a lady for a moment, and enjoy this fun ride of a read.
When we first meet Gavin I swear to god the man was such a stuffy person, “for a woman who acted so miffed on an email, I guess I should have expected this response.” Gavin really can read his woman like a book, "he leaned in, placing a kiss on my temple. “You’re cute when you’re pretending to be mad.” I liked this book, I liked Gavin.
Thank you to NetGalley to allow me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the story and slow burn. The dogs were a great touch! I had a little difficulty believing that Lady Helena came around so quickly at the end though. Hoping there's a book with Hugh and Madison.