Cover Image: Heired Lines

Heired Lines

Loved this book!  This is a fun contemporary romance between and Lord and a commoner from the states.  She's hired to curate the antiquities in his castle and he can't stop thinking about her.  However, as the Lord of the Manor, he's responsible to marry a noble and maintain the family line.

The nobility have no hesitation in letting her know just how inappropriate Natalie is for Gavin, making her want to slink away in the dead of night.  Add in Gavin's mother, who takes nasty and condescending to a whole new level, and Natalie wishes she could just disappear.

The characters were engaging and the author made me care about them and feel invested in their story.  I loved their back stories - especially Natalie's history and how it shaped her.

This is a wonderful story and fans of the genre will love this one - put it at the top of your TBR list.  The author is on my must read authors' list.
Heired Lines is a very sweet fast paced, slow burn romance between an English Lord and an American curator. Their original meeting over the phone while Natalie is trying to sell a vintage vase online opens up opportunities for both characters needs. Natalie needs the money to help with her mothers hospital bills, Gavin needs someone to curate his aunts vintage collections.
Natalie moves to Webley, England for the summer with a job offer she couldn't refuse. At her arrival, she learns she'll be staying and working in a castle, and her boss is the handsome and uptight Lord of the castle. What could be better than a full historical adventure for a girl with a master in history with a thesis on European antiquities and their importance to modern society? Right!
Natalie and Gavin's feelings for each other becomes obvious to everyone around them, starting drama with Gavin's family because of Natalies status. A Lord cannot be with a commoner!
This read was a light hearted one with a few laugh out load moments.
*I received a digital advanced copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.*
Heired Lines by Magan Veron a five-star read that jewel of a read. Aaaawww Gavin, you really are a little bit of a grump aren’t you but let’s be honest I think we all would be if we had his family. I really, really liked Natalie she had a little of Great Aunt Sarah’s fire and love of treasure. This was such a fun and flirty read, I love this authors writing as she just makes life funny, its great as she pulls all the different aspects to life and manages to get everything in and make it all make sense, but still be funny and a little naughty. I started this one thinking I would read a couple of chapters before bed, as I’m now working from home I don’t have a long commute so I don’t have to be up so early (thank goodness) so it was great timing, until I couldn’t put it down and stayed up reading till 4am. I’m sat at my home desk in my pjs with a coffee, my hairs a mess and I am present in body if not spirit, but I don’t care, I managed to read this amazing story and have fun regal dreams!! Let your reality be held for a moment especially during these troubling times and enjoy being a lady for a moment, and enjoy this fun ride of a read.
When we first meet Gavin I swear to god the man was such a stuffy person, “for a woman who acted so miffed on an email, I guess I should have expected this response.” Gavin really can read his woman like a book, "he leaned in, placing a kiss on my temple. “You’re cute when you’re pretending to be mad.” I liked this book, I liked Gavin.
Thank you to NetGalley to allow me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the story and slow burn. The dogs were a great touch! I had a little difficulty believing that Lady Helena came around so quickly at the end though. Hoping there's a book with Hugh and Madison.