Cover Image: The Second Chance Hotel

The Second Chance Hotel

I've read this book. 5 stars all the way
Loved the story.
Made me want to go on holiday there sounds perfect
I spent a long time staring at the cover, which is beautifully illustrated. It's definitely eye-catching, and it works well with the title, which alludes to a second chance at life. The hero, heroine, and elderly lady are the three main characters in the book. The three of them are grieving different things in their lives, tumultuous parenthood and relationship with the mother of his child, adultery, and her husband leaving her for someone much younger because the heroine could not give birth, and the last character is in a quandary I'd rather not reveal in my review. I listened to the audiobook. The writing was good, but at times the flow was monotonous.
I teared up a few times. I would have loved a little extra if the heroine's clinical troubles had been mentioned if now not at length, then at least simply greater than a few indistinct impressions of her being hormonal. The book makes one experience for their characters and offers hope to absolutely everyone analyzing alongside giving a moderate push for anybody to begin over.
Sweet nostalgic story of people trying to escape their previous lives and start again.  I like the characters and was rooting for their new beginnings to work out for them.   Great warm light read that I read in one session
Ok, the first thing that confused me about this book was that given the name of the book, I thought the main character would own a hotel but no. She brought a chalet park! There was me waiting for the whole book for her to build a hotel😂😂

Even though I read this book quite quickly, there wasn’t much of a plot and didn’t really like the characters and their relationships! and felt like they didn’t have much of an introduction and they all arrived at once. Took me ages to work out who’s who😂
I enjoyed this, easy read, and I liked the characters.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
First time iv read a Rachael Dove book - but will definitely be looking for more. Lovely warm characters dealing with past pain and trying to heal and move forward. Would Recommend to a friend.
The cover of this book is so lovely and I read several reviews that said if you are fans of Jenny Colgan, then this book is perfect for you. Unfortunately, the story fell flat to me. I was not a fan of the main character from the very beginning. As the same age as her, I'd hoped to sympathize with her situation but her negative attitude struck the wrong chord. I ended up skimming through the last half of the book without deeply reading it because it was hard for me to get invested.

I will keep my eyes open for other books but the author!

Thank you Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Unfortunately it wasn’t for me. I struggled to connect with the over the top negative attitude of the main character at the start and that made it hard for me to sympathise with her situation
My favourite kind of escapism, reading! Welcome to Shady Pines, where the sea is glitters, the sun is brightly shining, and there’s an adorable little place that is your perfect getaway from home. Life comes with many opportunities, will our protagonist, April, find the new start, new love, that she has been wishing for?
Welcome to Shady Pines, where the sun is shining, the sea is sparkling, and there’s a cosy chalet waiting to be your home away from home. But will April find the new start she’s looking for?
Thank you netgalley for allowing me to read this early.   I have never read anything by this author so i was excited when I was granted access.  I had so many emotions while reading this story! This definitely wont be my last read from the author.
I very much enjoyed this book.  It has a good story and excellent main characters.  I would definately recommend this book.
The second chance hotel By Rachel Dove

The story is about April when she buys Shady Pines a place where she was happiest as a child. She runs away after divorcing her adulterous husband when he leaves her because she can’t have children. The places is a shambles . So she has her work cut out to make the place ready for the summer season. With all misfit troubled people there they all work together to work on a very tight budget with them working through their own problems together.

Beautifully written book so nostalgic and full of many characters who are not always as they first appear. It will make you laugh and cry all at the same time. Loved this book just didn’t want it to end!
This is the first book I have  read by  Rachel Dove but I can safely say it won't be the last. I loved this book from the very first page.  With lifelike characters and a really good storyline what's not to like, Rachel's descriptions make you feel like you are a part of the story.  It was difficult to put this book down and I read it in just a couple of sittings.  Read it you will not be dissapointed.
I just loved The Second Chance Hotel, very easy book to get into, I was hooked from the first few pages.
Recent divorcee April flees her old life for Shady Pines Chalet Park where she enjoyed time in her childhood. It’s now run down and neglected so can April give it the second change it deserves and can she get a second chance of her own? A fab book.
I must be getting old because modern day chick lit books irritate me to no end.  Vapid and vacuous characters I cannot relate to and I never manage to finish these books.
A brilliant book which will make you cry and then laugh. A story with a strong relationships theme and how difficult this can be.  How taking chances and allowing oneself to step out of a comfort zone can change the course of your life. Beautifully set in Cornwall the descriptions take you to the coastal scenes and the reinvention of the chalets.

Rachel Dove has expertly entwined a group of people with their own needs and insecurities who need to find  resolutions to enable them to move on. A moving story that was difficult to put down but I wouldn't want to spoil any of it by giving away any spoilers. It is a story that captures you and propels you through the book until the last page. I was disappointed it ended but it actually finished exceptionally well. There were definitely no questions left unanswered.  I would thoroughly recommend.
Received an ARC of this book by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The premise of this story had me very intrigued. It’s a story about a woman named April, 35, recently divorced and in the outskirts of life. She’s torn on where to go and what to do next, so she invest her life savings on a rundown chalet/lodge, which in turn means more to her than people think. With this new venture of bringing this chalet park back to life, she discovers new friendships, old love stories, and perhaps a second chance at love herself.

I truly enjoyed this read from start to finish. I’d say this is like an adorable hallmark movie.
Dual POV, A second chance in life.

April Statham is escaping the place that doesn't fit her anymore and trying to find her new path

She had just left her husband, (the abusive one) and moved to Shady Pines where she bought a hotel property. And to fix the hotel comes a miserable single father Cillian.

This is the story of finding a new beginning working through all the hard balls life has dealt us with.

I have never read anything by this author before, but I will be looking out for more to read after this. A beautiful light read
What a charming read! Delightful beach reading. I really enjoyed the banter.
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for my ARC. All opinions are my own.