Cover Image: A Heartfelt Christmas Promise

A Heartfelt Christmas Promise

I loved this heartwarming and emotional story! So many themes - finding a balance between work and life, reconnecting with the people you love, overcoming misunderstandings to find happiness, second chances at love, healing relationships, chemistry, and love. Add in a talented and smart teen-anger, some gentle giant Percherons, and a puppy who can’t stay out of trouble, and you have an entertaining story to get you in the mood for the holidays. Excellent!
This is a well written book that will just make you feel good. This book hooked me on the first page and I read it in one day. I couldn't put it down. If you like small town Christmas romance, grab this book You will love it!  Thank you St. Martin's Press via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this wonderful book. All opinions expressed are my own.
A Heartfelt Christmas Promise is a feel good book.  Vanessa is sent to Fraser Hills, North Carolina to shut down Porter’s a fruitcake factory.  She reluctantly goes because she thought she was going to Paris or somewhere better.  She ends up getting involved with the towns people and tries to save the factory.  The characters are warm and engaging.  You want to live in this town. Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the E-ARC. This is my own opinion.
It was an okay read. The book didn’t flow well for me.

******************I received an ARC for my honest opinion from NetGalley************
It was okay. Quick, easy read, but the author has had better Christmas romances before. This one fell a bit flat, but the puppy was cute.
A very well written and entertaining romance.  An engaging cast of characters and a great plot.  I received an advance ebook from the publisher and this is my unbiased review.
It is a delight to read a book that is so uplifting, and Nancy Naigle's 'A Heartfelt Christmas Promise' is such a book.  The locale of Fraser Hills, North Carolina is enchanting.  I want to visit that town, and meet those people.  The characters are not one-dimensional and are entirely believable.   I appreciated the fact that although there were misunderstandings enough to drive the plot, the book was not filled with dramatic angst that ruin a story for me.  I didn't want this book to end, and would love to have more from Fraser Hills, maybe about Misty as she grows.
I highly, highly recommend this one.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Vanessa Larkin is a woman striving to prove herself in a career where men hold all the cards.She thought she would be spending Christmas in Paris working on a project that she had earned through her hard work.  Instead she is sent to the small town of Fraser Hills, North Carolina to fix a mess left by one of her male coworkers.  She is supposed shut down a fruitcake factory, the business that employs most of the town’s citizens.

She is welcomed with open arms by the friendly folks of Fraser Hills and finds her rigid, no-nonsense approach to the business at hand starting to waver.  Her orders were to shut down the fruitcake factory, but how can she do that to the townspeople that she is coming to love and respect?

Ms. Naigle has written a wonderful holiday story with well-developed characters and a storyline that leaves you with renewed faith in humanity. This book definitely reflects the spirit of the Christmas season.

I received an advanced reader’s copy of A Heartfelt Christmas Promise from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.  All opinions expressed are my own.
I really enjoyed this story . The main characters Vanessa, Buck. Misty. Michael and Anna were very strong characters . Vanessa and the decisions she had to make were hard ones. Did she she make the right decisions.? This is a GOOD READ.
Started a little slow for me, but luckily I stuck with it. Vanessa is a workaholic, sent to small town North Carolina to shut down a factory and ruin many Christmas dreams for the workers. Mike is a single parent. Can they find a HEA? Naturally. A fun read by a great author. Highly recommend this book.
I found author Nancy Naigle while looking for Christmas romance novels and I’ve been hooked ever since I’ve found her.  A Heartfelt Christmas Promise is a wonderful escape into small town America and makes me want to find a town like Fraser Hills to call home. I finished this book in two days. I couldn’t put it down because I was drawn in and invested in the characters and had to see how it all turned out. Thanks to the author and her publisher for along with NetGalley for letting me read an advanced copy of A Heartfelt Christmas Promise.
This was a cute Christmas story about a woman who needs to find what she really wants. Vanessa needs to find the right balance between personal and work life. During the Christmas holiday Vanessa goes to a small town in North Carolina for work. While she is there her cousin comes and stays. Vanessa soon learns that staying in this small town is different than anywhere else she has been. While she tries to do her job she falls in love with the town. If you love small town Christmas stories than this book is right up your alley.

*I received a copy of this book via NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.*
Thank you NetGalley and St. Martin's Griffin for a copy of A Heartfelt Christmas Promise in exchange for an honest review.

Nancy Naigle has written a delightful Christmas story that I enjoyed reading in one sitting! Vanessa Larkin has her heart set on a work assignment that will either see her spending Christmas in Paris, France or in the Christmas capital of the world Leavenworth, Washington where she would also garner a hefty bonus. What she actually ends up getting is an assignment to close a fruitcake factory in Fraser Hills, North Carolina. Her boss wants her to close the factory and clear the space for a sporting goods company that want to warehouse their inventory there. All this needs to be accomplished by January 1st. If she does it there will be a double bonus waiting for her.

Vanessa is a workaholic and has no time for family or a personal life. She goes to Fraser Hills with a great chip on her shoulder. But like a snowball it slowly melts as she does the one thing that she has never done before - gotten to know the people involved and become friends with them. She meets her "guardian angel" who seems to pop up everywhere in town that she happens to be. Little does Vanessa suspect that Buck is very much at the centre of her story.

Vanessa's cousin Anna comes to spend the holidays with her. Anna is actually Vanessa's mother's cousin but they are best friends. Anna being the polar opposite to Vanessa. Anna immediately fits in and captures the heart of Buck.

Mike Marshall and his daughter Misty (16) are pivotal characters in this story. Mike is a widow after losing his wife 11 years ago. Misty and Vanessa bond over work as Vanessa is the very first person to truly listen to Misty and her ideas for the future of Porter's Fruitcake Factory. When Vanessa is ready for her first school dance, it's Vanessa that saves the day when Misty has a massive wardrobe malfunction.

Also adding to the charm of the book are the gorgeous Percheron draft horses from the Perche province of France; laying hens: Henny, Penny, Jenny, Oprah Henfrey, Sophia LorHen, and Eggatha Christie; and an adorable Labrador puppy named Scooter who steals his way into Vanessa's heart and whom she's named Porter.

While there are a few misunderstandings along the way, this will be a very Merry Christmas in Fraser Hills, North Carolina. Worth a lot more than 5 stars and I highly recommend curling up with this book.
A heartfelt Christmas promise- This is a lovely story about a business women named Vanessa and a little town in North Carolina. She’s been sent to make changes. Little did she know what kind of big changes she would be making. She finds so much more then she could ever have hoped for.
Nancy Naigle’s books are always heartwarming and enjoyable. However, in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, A Heartfelt Christmas Promise, is particularly welcome. Vanessa had hoped to receive a cush work assignment in Paris over the Christmas and New Year’s holiday, but is disappointed to receive an assignment closing down a fruitcake factory in a small town in the mountains of North Carolina.

She quickly finds herself drawn to the lovely residents and employees of the factory - particularly a widowed horse breeder and his teenage daughter., and an elderly gentleman. After some research, she determines that the factory should remain open and the unused buildings could be used for the warehouse space that her employer is looking for. This means that the fruitcake factory would remain open, retaining the town’s history and preserving jobs. The new warehouse would bring additional jobs to the region.

Vanessa’s cousin comes to spend Christmas with her, and the two ladies quickly become enmeshed in the community. Unfortunately, despite the business sense in keeping the fruitcake factory open, her employer decides to close the factory. How will Vanessa handle this turn of events as the residents begin to turn against her? Can she save the factory and the town and people she has come to love?
Venessa is dreaming of spending Christmas with her aunt in Paris, she knows she would be working. She get surprise it, someone else is going to Paris, she has to go to Fraser Hills, NC, home of best fruitcake. She has a little over month to close factory and get building ready to be a warehouse. Everything seems easy, till she gets there.
She meets people, they are great to her. This time doing her job, do not feels good.
She has to make decisions, what's good and what's not.
This book is wonderful. loved every page of it.
Another wonderfully written book by Nancy Naigle.
Heartwarming story that helped p ex me escape to a small town during the holidays and cold weather during hot days outside my door.
I love the small town setting and i felt like I was part of the community of Fraser Hills, North Carolina. I live in a town that had a Christmas parade with horses and riders all decked out. Just enjoying the winter weather.
A story about independence, forgiveness and trusting people. A sweet romance with wonderful characters

Thank you NetGalley and St Martin's Press for the opportunity to read this book..
The story of a high powered business woman from Chicago who is sent to small town North Carolina to close down their Christmas fruit cake factory.
I enjoyed her finding a life worth living and her place in the world. She finds happiness and that makes for a wonderful read.
You'll love reading this Christmas story in summer heat. The characters are so true to life you'll love how they interact and make you believe in miracles. The animals help you understand lifes problems and solving them.
This is another fantastic book from Nancy Naigle!  She is one of my favorite authors and this book is a great example why I love her writing so much.  She creates characters that are so life-life.  Her scene settings are very picturesque.  Her stories are heartwarming and stay with you long after you finish reading the book.  While I am reading, it is almost like a movie is being shown in my mind.  I love the small town setting and the residents that care deeply about where they live.

I happen to be a person that loves fruitcake and do not understand why it is always made to be the brunt of a joke.  I love that this book centers around a fruitcake factory, especially that it is a beloved part of the town.

The story is sweet romance, but so much more.  It is about making good decisions for the future, trusting the proper people, forgiveness for past hurts and learning self worth and independence.  Also there is an adorable little puppy. What more can you ask for!

I enjoyed this book so much and I highly recommend it.  I read it during the time of Covid19 and it definitely helped me escape real life for a while and look forward to happier times.

I want to thank NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for giving me the immense pleasure of receiving the Advanced Reader Copy.  My review is my own opinion not influenced by receiving the ARC.