Cover Image: Baby Loves Earth

Baby Loves Earth

Baby Loves: Earth is a wonderful new ABC book that focuses on concepts important to the Earth and conservation!  It can be used as a conversation starter with an older little one, or simply a simple ABC book for a younger little one to introduce new words and concepts.
This is a lovely picture book for very young children. Working through the alphabet from A to Z readers are introduced to 26 different aspects of environmentally friendly living from things they and their families can do and  animals they will be helping by doing them.  With bright eye-catching pictures which are simply drawn and easily recognisable and bold text, this is a great addition to any toddler's library.

I received an eARC of this book from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I thought the illustrations and the concept were great!
I love the words as part of an actual world and as an introduction to a loving caring inclusive baby.
I believe this book is more for parents since babies won't be reading it.
Being that said.. as a guide for parents is great reminder of great words to teach the little one, setting the example at home.
An ABC book for the current environmental focus in the world. The book is well illustrated and visually stimulating for small children.
This is a sweet book, to introduce the words and reasons to save the earth and be eco. We try our best to create and eco home, and this book adds to it. It had lovely illustrations. Some of the words are multi-syllabic and harder, so are there for when they progress, and are more for the idea and sounds. It's a great book!
Visually appealing but not super practical or fun to actually read to a baby. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a digital review copy.
This is a beautiful book and a lovely gift but the words seem aimed at older children but the layout is better suited to younger children so feels mismatched
Baby Loves: Earth by Jennifer Eckford is a beautifully illustrated A-Z book aimed at young children. The A-Z is based around the earth and sustainability meaning that children can learn how to be more eco-friendly during their read.

Although this book is aimed at young children alot of the words are quite difficult and advance for that age and the words themselves would be suited more at age 7+.

Perfect for those with both young and older children.
I love that this book manages to follow a specific theme of words! Really helpful for children and/or English learners that they have the opportunity to look in picture books like these to extend their vocabulary with the support of these wonderful pictures! A lot of these words are difficult and would maybe require a bit more specific pictures to be understood, but overall a really good picture book!
The illustrations and overall concept of this baby book is wonderful! I love that it goes through the alphabet but also encourages meaningful topics and could be used towards older kids to create important conversations and teachable moments.
I liked the idea but the illustrations were not for me, and had to amazingly Google what Kapok was and then was disappointed when Q was for Equilibrium (!?) And X for Coexist (!?)
I requested and received an e-ARC of this book from NetGalley and Quatro Publishing Group in exchange for my honest opinion.

Not sure how Q is for equilibrium, but I do love the fact that the Baby Loves books use larger words for their alphabet.  The little ones may not be able to pronounce or understand the words to begin with, but this book is a great way to expand their vocabulary and encourage conversations about the words they are hearing.  This book also enables conversations about taking care of our planet with words like Zero Waste and Sustainable.
This is a cute take on the alphabet for toddlers of environmentally conscious parents. Let’s get kids started young with learning about taking care of the environment. I love the illustrations!
Another in the "Baby loves..." alphabet series, this is also a very sweet addition to any child's library. This book would serve as a good conversation starter with older kids and is visually very pleasing for younger ones. The design of the graphics is distinctive, and very modern and fresh. I really liked how the emphasis was not on people in the images, but the things we need to be more mindful of in our environment.
This is the alphabet book all young ones need to have, its bold, bright and teaches important words about our environment and sustainability.
This A- Z book is a must for anyone who wants to protect the world. I think children would like the bright illustrations and parents would like the explaining about being eco friendly and protecting the planet. Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to review this book.
It's never too early to expose children to positive ideas that might help shape our future. Baby Loves: Earth does just that. One in a series of pocket-sized books with a special theme, aimed at preschool aged children. 'Earth' is an alphabet book with words that connect people and the environment. Very nice illustrations should appeal to children and help as parents, caregivers and teachers share this sweet book with young ones.

I would call this book a conversation starter. Many of the words are advanced, and will advance, the thinking abilities of young minds. Teaching the alphabet and teaching about the earth, it's care, and our place in it-- should be a priority for us all. I picture this book allowing children to ask questions and those telling the story to create an imaginative world of understanding based on the simple, single word prompts this book provides. A great learning tool.

I received this book from the publisher through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.
I spotted this on Netgalley and wanted to read it because I am interested in environmental issues, teach about them in school and intend to raise my child to be aware of issues such as climate change and the need to live sustainably. While the target audience for this is said to be toddlers, there are some very tricky words in here such as atmosphere, biodegradeable, etc. I think that the artwork and simple format will appeal to younger children reading with an adult, and it could be a great starting point for a conversation if you can explain the difficult terminology in a kid-friendly way. However, this would not be suitable for younger readers to access independently.
I would use this in my primary classroom for children aged 7+ as a friendly way to introduce topic-related vocabulary before beginning harder reading tasks. A beautiful and topical book with lots of possible uses, even for children who are older than the target audience.
Longer review, complete with pictures, to come on the blog.
(Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for my e-ARC)
This was a cute environmentally written alphabet book.  I do feel like it has somewhat of a political bend to the left.  I'm not upset about it, I thought it was good to have the spotlight shown on environmental topics, however I'm not sure if my young child will be able to pronounce atmosphere very easily (as opposed to apple).  But the illustrations were nice and I think it would be a cute gift.
This book is designed to teach children how to love, enjoy and protect our planet.
When reading an ABC book the goal is to teach young children easy words and I thought the words used in this book were far too difficult for the age bracket this book is aimed at.
I understand the message behind it, trying to encourage children to care for our planet but I think this is too difficult for a 3 year old to comprehend.