Cover Image: Buzz Books 2020: Fall/Winter

Buzz Books 2020: Fall/Winter

This is fun—first time I’ve read one of these. The book I was most excited about is a 2021 release that I couldn’t even add on Goodreads so I’ll have to look up the name of it again in a few months and check again. Thanks for the preview!
Love this fabulous wealth of information. It’s such an informative and necessary resource. Can’t wait to read some of these promising upcoming books. I am particularly interested in the fiction works of authors Elena Ferrante, Alice Hoffman,  Marilyn Robinson and Jodie Picolt.
I always look forward to seeing the next Buzz books listings and exerts - both fiction and non-fiction. It is so nice to have a small collection to choose my next book from all in one place. The selections are so good! This one has many authors I love to choose from! Thank Buzz Books.
Great resource for the book community to keep up with upcoming releases. Has something for all genres as well as samples of some of the titles.
I can't wait to snuggle up on the armchair and sink my teeth into some of these books! thank you for putting together the sampler for us.
These preview snippets are a great way to discover new voices and reconnect with old favorites. Another awesome sampler.
The most exciting time of the year when early readers discover new titles and new authors!

A preview of the best of the new books for the season and it's FREE!

Fiction is broken down into categories such as Notables (John Banville's SNOW, Marilynne Robinson's JACK, and Jane Smiley's PERESTROIKA IN PARIS); Highly Anticipated (Sue Miller's MONOGAMY); Emerging Voices; Debut (BEFORE THE RUINS, THE THURSDAY MURDER CLUB, and SET MY HEART TO FIVE); Commercial Fiction (Jodi Picoult, Carl Hiaasen, and Nora Roberts. (There are also numerous categories for Non-Fiction.)

Even though it was the top of the my list for the BUZZ BOOKS 2020 SPRING/SUMMER  I did not get a copy of Emily St. John Mandel's (sequel to STATION ELEVEN) THE GLASS HOTEL to review. But I just finished reading Gail Godwin's OLD LOVEGOOD GIRLS and decided I was brilliant because it was amazing. I also read and enjoyed Barbara Delinsky's beach read A WEEK AT THE SHORE.

First introduced for the 2012 Book Expo America, the FREE digital Publishers Lunch Buzz Books has become the place for both industry professionals and book lovers in general to discover and read about the books expected to spark high demand BEFORE they are published!

What's really great is that after many selections, you have the option to follow a link and request the complete galley copy from Net Galley if you qualify as a 'professional' reader.

Check out Buzz Books on Amazon. Did I mention it's FREE!
Thank you for sharing this book with me.

Here are my thoughts on some of the excerpts --

Leave The World Behind - this was so boring. I hated the simplistic writing style, and the excerpt ended before anything really happened. I would not purchase this book based on what I've read so far.

In The Garden of Spite - the summary was interesting, and the excerpt was ok. This one is a maybe to read later. I was hoping to get to read a little bit more.

Beauty Among Ruins - the summary was intriguing, however, as I read the excerpt, I found it slow and started skimming. This one is also a maybe to read later.

The Incredible Winston Browne - I skipped this one as it did not appeal to me.

The Office of Historical Corrections - I almost skipped this one based on the summary. I'm not a huge fan of short stories unless they're from an author I trust to deliver a good one, like Stephen King. The excerpt really got my attention, even though I felt the writing was a little stilted. I would definitely purchase this to find out the ending of the first story.

The Evening and the Morning - I skipped this one as I've read all the other Pillars of the Earth  books and so I know I will want to read this one.

The Midnight Library - This is my favorite. I was hooked from the summary.  I can please, please read the rest of the book NOW??!

The Arrest - Thought provoking excerpt.If all that tech stuff stops working, why is it NOT a post-apocalypse or dsytopia?
I liked how this gave specific titles for each section. I wish their was a children's section listed. I also liked how excerpts were included.
Always a useful book to read for what's coming out!
Try to always read these books when they come out, as I find it very useful for buying books in libraries and even for some personal recommendations.
This is a great way to discover new books and get a taste of them. Thank you for letting me try them.
"Buzz Books 2020: Fall/Winter" is a great resource for any librarian. With a comprehensive lists, cover pictures, and sneak previews into the books, you are bound to find your next favorite read.
I enjoyed reading about the latest in books! It was great to sample some exerpts and see which ones appealed to me. I like the look of “The Incredible Life Of Winston Browne”
This was my first time reading a buzz book and it could not have been more perfectly suited for me. I always say I'll give a book 50 pages to win me over, otherwise I'm going to move on to the next one. Too many great books suited for me and not enough time to spend it reading books that just aren't for me. So this book of excerpts was amazing.

This has really helped me to figure out which upcoming fall/winter 2020/2021 releases I do and not have an interest in reading. I seriously LOVE excerpts. And to top it off, it has links to each excerpt! It's so easy to navigate.

Seriously, head to Netgalley and get it!

Thank you for creating such a brilliant book!

Thank you Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Are you curious about all the new books coming out Fall/Winter of 2020 and Early 2021?

Run over to NetGalley and download this amazing list, WITH LINKS, of upcoming fiction, non fiction, debut authors and great works from all your faves. Yes, excerpts!

This is like being handed a primer for everything a devoted reader loves!

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Love knowing the upcoming titles! was perfect to have for book expo! I will continue to read as these are released
Love seeing so many intriguing books coming next season, looking forward to many of these titles and authors!
Very helpful book recommendations that pointed me to the unexpected finds. I'm glad I found it on the NetGalley. Now, I will be looking for it in the future.
It's always a treat to get these!  It's a great way to see what's going to be published in the coming months. This is a great way to start my library request and to-be purchased list.
Always a joy to read excerpts of new and upcoming releases. This is such a great way to find books! I love being able to read and explore new titles and this lets me do this.