Cover Image: Buzz Books 2020: Fall/Winter

Buzz Books 2020: Fall/Winter

Thank you NetGally and Publishers Lunch for a copy of this edition of Buzz Books.

I could get lost in this list of upcoming publications. If I had any less self-control, people wouldn't see me for days as I meticulously check each listing and add it to my "to-read" list.

This is getting me super excited for the Fall/Winter season and I can't wait for these books to hit the shelves.

I appreciate the time and effort it took to put this extensive list together.

For anyone still interested in this insider list of anticipated books to be published in the Fall/Winter season, head over to NetGalley to get your copy.
#Buzz Books 2020: Fall/Winter by #Publishers Lunch is such a helpful tool for reviewing. And also when you enjoy books can be compared to a toy store. So many Amazing Authors and just not a number 8 day in the week.
#Netgalley,#Publishers Lunch
First time reading one of these-- lots of interesting books in here! Looking forward to reading them.
As always, this was fun to browse through! Full of exciting upcoming books of every genre -- something for everyone's wish list. And, of course, I added many many books to my TBR. Looking forward to fall and winter reading!
Great list of upcoming titles to get excited about!  I also enjoyed the excerpts  that offered a sneak peak into a few of the new releases.  My TBR has grown significantly from the list.
I get so excited each time Book Buzz is released! Here I go...deep diving into next seasons Must Reads!
I always see these Buzz Books things and never look at them, but I'm glad I did. I discovered a lot of new books that I haven't heard were coming out yet, like new C. J. Tudor, Josh Malerman, the latest Cormoran Strike novel (I didn't even know it had a title yet!), and more. I am really excited about some of these upcoming books, which I have already started requesting and/or pre-ordering.
Always love the new edition of Buzz Books so I can get a preview of what is coming soon that I will want to read. I went through the entire list and looked up summaries for the books that are coming online to make those I want to read. Then I read several of the excerpts - they just make me want more! I requested galleys of the books I want the most from Netgalley and Edelweiss. There are some great books coming this Fall and Winter that I can't wait to read!

Thanks to Publishers Lunch through Netgalley for an advance copy of this book.
I love this snapshot of what's coming up in the book publishing world next season! I attended the Publisher's Marketplace and already have five of the titles included on my TBR for reviews this fall. I'll continue to look back at this throughout the fall when planning what to read/request/review next and celebrate the various pub days.
I enjoyed this preview of fall and winter books immensely and will be looking for Buzz Books in the future.  Thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to preview this book.
Wow what a great and useful tool for all book lovers! This is a very well organized collection of upcoming book descriptions that helped me build my tbr! Highly recommend this!
Love these previews and I love that you offer them! I find them an invaluable resource for publishing dates and an introduction to the story!
This is my first time reading the Buzz Books list and it was so helpful! After reading some excerpts, I am better able to identify what books I want to focus my attention towards in fall/winter. Especially excited for The Office of Historical Corrections by Danielle Evans and Memorial by Bryan Washington!
Received this from Net Gallery and I do love it that this come out so I can see at a glance what books are coming out so I can put what I think I want to read on a list!! This is the first time I have seen something like this and it's so very helpful!! Thanks again for the future reads to come!
Love this as a resource, thank you!  I will be using this to build out my fall reading guide, and I am looking forward to so many of these titles.
I absolutely love the sneak peak of future books to come! My favourite was Matt Haig's Midnight Library. I am a huge Matt Haig fan and can't wait for his release in August.
Thank you, NetGalley, for making this wonderful resource available! It's a great way to track new releases from authors you love, and discover new voices as well. I've added so many new books to my to-read list.
This is a wonderful way to become familiar, in a short period of time, with a number of books not yet published. It is a collection of book excerpts, each of which is just long enough to reveal  characteristics and writing style.
I like these collections of next season's titles with excerpts.  This one is a mix of fiction by previously published authors, debut novels, and some nonfiction.  I don't read much nonfiction so I read part or all of each book in the fiction and debut novels.  I found five books that appealed to me personally.

In the Garden of Spite is by Camilla Bruce.  This one is about the real serial killer Belle Gunness, who was active in Illinois and Indiana until 1908. I'm not sure how much of the book is factual and how much is fiction, but it looks like a fascinating read.

Beauty Among Ruins is by J'nell Clesielski.  It is a romance that takes place after WWI in Scotland.  A Scottish nobleman has opened his home for injured soldiers to convalesce and recover from their injuries.  The heroine is a brash, shallow young woman (initially) who has been sent to England to stay with relatives.  She trains with her more sensible cousin as a nurse, and both are assigned to work at the estate. My favorite character from the excerpt was the head nurse, or Matron, who almost immediately assigned the spoiled young party girl to clean bedpans for a month.  Quote about the Matron:  "During the Boer War, she bandaged an entire unit using two of her petticoats and a horse blanket."

The Incredible Winston Brown is by Sean Dietrich.  The book opens by introducing three central characters who haven't met each other yet.  Jessie Williams is a very young deaf girl who is picked up from her residential school one day by a woman who claims she is her aunt. The aunt is extremely impatient with her and angry. Jessie doesn't know where the woman is taking her.  The second characters is Eleanor Hughes, who is attending a wedding in Moab, Florida, with the man she has dated for decades.  Eleanor is wishing that she had married and had children.  The next scene opens with Winston Brown who is visiting a doctor in Pensacola, Florida, and receiving some bad news.  I haven't read this book yet, but I suspect that anyone who likes books by Carolyn Brown will probably like this one also.

The Office of Historical Corrections by Danielle Evans surprised me.  When the book started, I didn't care at all for the main character, Claire.  Then the author slowly revealed parts of Claire's past that made me look past her self destructive behaviors.  She is stuck in grief and guilt and unable to move on. Claire starts college but it isn't long before she does something that leads to accusations of racism against her, and polarizes the college campus.  This book is very timely as it addresses issues of race, symbols from the past, and perception.

Ken Follett's book, The Evening and the Morning, takes place in the time of the Vikings. They attack a small village by the sea. The main character is a young shipwright who had planned on running away that day with his betrothed to settle in another village.  He survives but his father and his betrothed are killed, and the village is in ruins. This book is the prequel to The Pillars of the Earth.
This book contains a list of new books in  fiction, non fiction, debut authors and established authors  From that list, 30 book excerpts were provided in this edition of Buzz Books including a link to read/request the full book on NetGalley.  I highly recommend this book.
I received a copy of this book from Net Galley for my unbiased review.