Cover Image: Christmas on Reindeer Road

Christmas on Reindeer Road

What a fun Christmas read. This novel had a bit of everything thrown in but at the heart it is a story about love and two families finding one another. The story had a lot going on but I loved how all the characters were woven into each other’s lives. It’s about a small town coming together in different ways to help heal two families , to no longer be outsiders and finding a new happiness. My favourite character was a young boyTeddy and I was rooting for all his Christmas wishes to come true. I would love to see this book put to screen.....

I received a free copy through NetGalley and I have given an honest review with all opinions being my own
I loved this book and this series! I discovered Debbie Mason with her Harmony Harbor series and fell in love with her books! She writes amazing books!
A 5 star rating is not enough for this story!

Where do I begin....Thank you to NetGalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing) for allowing me to read a digital copy of this book...
I actually started this series with the 3rd book from NetGalley so I had to get the series...it so happens that NetGalley had the 2nd one available to read so I grabbed it....so glad that I did!
Debbie Mason's writing is bang on...she knows how to grab her readers right from the start of a book. I had such a hard time putting this one down. I laughed and cried throughout this book and yes it is about Christmas! But it is so much more than that...it's about abandonment, death, raising a family without your spouse, and raising boys that aren't yours to being with.
The story is heartwarming and how one little boys wish for Christmas doesn't exactly go smoothly. I loved every word of this story and it does deserve a higher than 5 star rating.
I am a new reader of Debbie Mason books and I can't wait to read other books by her.
All the single parent romances please! Christmas on Reindeer Road was a sweet tender romance with plenty of Christmas cheer! Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book!
4.5 stars, rounded up to 5.

I received Christmas on Reindeer Road as part of a Christmas in July feature on NetGalley from Forever, and it was a great romance read to celebrate Christmas in July! Christmas on Reindeer Road is listed as the second book in the Highland Falls series by Debbie Mason, but I read this one as a standalone without reading the previous book in the series, and I didn’t feel like I was missing much without reading the first book. The author works in the relevant background information without that information bogging down the rest of the story.

This story is a sweet Christmas romance that really does a great job in giving the reader a found family to root for, as Mallory Maitland relocates to the small town of Highland Falls with her stepsons after her husband’s death. There, she meets and begins a complicated relationship with Gabriel, the chief of police with three sons of his own. The story is heartwarming, and I particularly loved Gabriel’s youngest son and the friendships the five boys develop over the course of the story, despite being different ages.

Warning: This book discusses some sensitive topics that may be triggering for some readers including death of a loved one, grief, and family trauma.

Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the digital copy in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Debbie Mason writes characters that you just cant get out of your mind.  I could feel the snow and smell the gingerbread even though it is July!  Put me in the spirit and made me feel all the special feels!
Christmas wishes, mistletoe kisses, hope, faith, the magic of the season, a little help from above, and a HEA. Mallory and Gabe are both single parents. Mallory is caring for her two stepsons, who are less than thrilled with the situation. Gabe has three sons. Teddy is the youngest, and he believes in Santa, Christmas, wishes, and everything good. Although there is an attraction between Mallory and Gabe, they go back and forth with wishing things could be different and realizing it can't go any further. Both of major family issues and risk losing custody of their boys. Can the magic of the season, help from the community, and true love bring them together?
This wasn't my favorite Debbie Mason book as I wasn't expecting the characters to be so judgmental and nasty towards each other. I'm not sure if I would read another one of her books after reading this because it didn't put me in the Christmas in July spirit.
Forever Publishing is promoting Christmas in July by sharing free digital copies.  This book was published in Sept 2020.

This is the second book in the Highland Falls series but is easily read as a stand alone.  Mallory Maitland is a youngish widow returning to her hometown with two teenage stepsons.  Her sons don't want to make the move and cause problems from the start.  Mallory's next door neighbor is the hunky police chief who is a widower with three sons of his own.  His mother in law is threatening to get custody of his kids.

This is a heartwarming, feel good read.  The main characters have good back stories and I found Mallory especially likable.  A lot of the storyline feels manipulative to me.  Overly precocious Teddy, the youngest son, believes Santa will bring them a new mom for Christmas.  But he causes a lot of problems, more than a six year old should.  Realistically the in-laws likelihood getting custody is slim to none but it plays dramatically.  Mallory is jumping through hoops because of lies spread about her.  It all was a little over the top for me.  But this is a Christmas romance and you know everything is going to work out for a HEA.  Honestly if I was in a different mood my rating might be higher.

This is a clean and easy to read story.  Thank you to NetGalley and Forever Publishing for an ARC ebook in exchange for an honest review.
This book was sent to me on Kindle by Netgalley.  It is a cozy sweet romance about Christmas.  Curl up with a warm blanket, a cup of hot chocolate, and enjoy this one.  I look forward to reading more from this author.
I adored this book. It was sweet, and it felt like it truly encapsulated the meaning of Christmas. I love holiday romances, and I enjoy a variety. But this one made my heart grow, just like the Grinch's.

Mallory, recently widowed, is moving with her teenage stepsons to try to make a new life. Gabe is trying to figure out how to celebrate Christmas with his younger sons years after his wife died. And his youngest, Teddy, comes up with a plan for Christmas cheer and wishes from Santa. I loved all the boys and how beautifully written each was. And I loved that Mallory was a fellow romance reader. It's a story about what a family is and the strength of love.

If you are deciding which holiday book to carry you to Christmas day and make you feel the spirit of the season, I loved this one.

Thank you Forever and NetGalley for this book. These opinions are my own.
This is a chick-lit. Mallory lost husband, and she is fighting to keep her late husband's kids. Gabriel lost his wife, and his in-laws is fighting to get custody of his sons. This book is more about getting use to raising their kids by themselves, and them fighting for custody. I enjoyed this book, but I think if you are looking for a romance or a cute Christmas story you will be disappointed. I would not call this a romance, but I would call it more women's fiction or chick-lit. The characters where easy to love, and you learn so much about them though out the book. I really wish there was more sparks or romance between Mallory and Gabriel. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Forever) or author (Debbie Mason) via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review about how I feel about this book, and I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.
I really enjoyed this one even though I had not read the first book in the series. It can easily be read as a stand alone but I do want to go back and read the first one, just to get more of the back story. A very charming story that I am so glad I picked up.
Cute, romantic Christmas Story. Fans of Debbie Macomber will enjoy this! If you are looking for something cute and fun to read during the holiday season, then this is it!
A perfect Christmas read! Highly recommend!
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
This was a cute story. Overall not my favorite, but defiantly a cute Christmas story. I also really loved the cover.
This book feels like a Hallmark movie wrapped up in a cozy cover. This was my first book by Debbie Mason but it will not be my last! Though I would have maybe liked to have read the first book in this series to fully embrace the story, it absolutely can stand alone. Mason gave us delightful characters and a real to life story of two single parents trying to figure it out. Perfect cozy read I would recommend!!
Mallory Maitland has just returned to her small home-town, Highland Falls, with her two rich, spoiled, step-sons in tow. She is hoping avoid the new Chief of Police, Gabriel Buchanan who attempted to arrest her the last time she was in town. Mallory has a lot to deal with: new job, new to being a single stepmother, new house (with new neighbors), but all the that is just a small slice of what she has just dealt with in the death of her wealthy, older husband and legal battles with his ex-wives. Highland Falls is not the picture perfect friendly small town, it seems to be filled with people who are rooting for Gabe and Mallory to fail at their new positions and as single parents. Overall, there were several plot points that seems incredibly contrived and like the author was trying to include as many  "nearly sexual" encounters without them having sex as possible. Many of them came across as awkward. This is certainly an adult read, but even at that I wouldn't recommend it to friends or co-workers because of the unrealistic nature of the plot and timeline.
Thank you @netgalley and @readforeverpub for my copy of Debbie Mason's Christmas on Reindeer Road. This book is the second in the Highland Falls series. If you are a fan of Hallmark style romance books this is one you might enjoy.
Our main characters Mallory and Gabriel have a lot going on. Both are widowed and caring for children. Who has time for romance? With  a five year old's wish for a new mom, and a little holiday magic these two may find the happiness they are searching for. This book will give you all the feels!

I adore this style of holiday romance.  I also adore holiday books with the hometown feel - a sweet cast of supporting characters and charm to boot.  I once saw a reviewer state that Debbie Mason will deliver to you a well thought out book that you touch all your emotions.  I couldn't agree with this sentiment more.  I look forward to additional books in this series.
Absolutely love love love this book.  I love the characters and the setting it’s just a perfect Christmas read, what more can I say. I  cannot wait for more books from Debbie Mason.
Many thanks to both net galley & the author for allowing me to read this book in exchange for a fair & honest review.