Cover Image: Never Ever Tell

Never Ever Tell

Really good read. Would recommend to friends and family. I could sympathise with characters (important for any fiction novel!) and looked forward to picking it up and reading the next few chapters! Interesting plot line and a good ending. Will look out for more novels by the author. Thank you.
An absolute must read page turner!!!
The author Kirsty Ferguson is a new author to me but I can assure you this will not be the last book of hers I read! .
This is an emotional, harrowing read with lots of ups and downs and a jaw dropping ending.
Some parts are a little hard to read but in all honesty that’s what makes the book. It is not for the light hearted! .
**Please note there are trigger warnings for rape and domestic violence.
I spent an awful lot of this book wondering where the heck the story was going. Most mystery/thriller type of stories start off with the crime and then you get to solve it along with the protagonists, often using flashbacks to revisit scenes which build up to it. Never Ever Tell, however, doesn’t follow this track; the entire first third of the book is basically laying the foundational backstory of Vanessa. Pregnant at seventeen after a fling with her best friend’s boyfriend and married at eighteen to a man who rapidly turned abusive, Vanessa is an extremely sympathetic protagonist. A devoted mother, she struggles to raise her sons and eventually, get out from her abusive marriage and make a new life for herself. A shocking tragedy, however, brings her world crashing down, and she can’t stop herself asking questions… which lead to an even more shocking discovery.

The first thing I have to say here is TRIGGER WARNINGS. Holy moly, this book needs ALL of the trigger warnings. Underage sex, rape, gang rape, spousal abuse (physical and sexual), parental abuse of a child, cancer, stillbirth, death of a major character, suicide attempts (cutting), successful suicide (pills)... the list goes on and on. It’s honestly a bit of a litany of misery… but it is extremely well written. It’s absolutely impossible not to feel sympathy for Vanessa, and then grieve with her at the final, catastrophic disaster.

And then feel massively betrayed with her, too.

I don’t think I can go on any further without spoilers, but I think it’s important to make my feelings about this clear, so: BEWARE, SPOILERS AHEAD.

Discovering that Vanessa’s son had grown up to be just as awful as his abusive father was a massive kick in the guts to anyone who’s grown up under the shadow of abuse and is determined to break the cycle. It’s a harmful, damaging trope that the abused is inevitably going to become an abuser. Vanessa felt betrayed when she found out the truth; I felt FURIOUS. I finished the book and slammed it down feeling like there was steam coming out of my ears, and I’ve had to wait a while to write this review to try and remove the emotion from it.

Here’s the thing. Kirsty Ferguson is an exceptional writer to make me feel that much emotion in a book. I was welling up at Wren’s death - I’m a mother of sons myself, and it hit way too close to home - but the twist was just too much. It’s not telegraphed in the text. We spend time in Wren’s PoV and there’s no hint that he’s anything other than the wholesome, good kid his mother believes. It was a twist going for shock value and I think it perpetuates a harmful trope, as I noted above. Vanessa’s actions after finding out the truth damaged her whole character arc too, because she knew there were more victims of Wren’s gang and chose to do nothing about them. Where was the justice in that?

Despite the exceptional quality of the writing, the fact that the overwhelming emotion I felt at the conclusion of this book was rage means that I can’t give it any more than three stars.
Never, Ever Tell is a domestic Noir thriller is a past paced story that grabs your attention from the first page and doesn't let it go!
Vanessa had a fling with her best friends boyfriend and would have been thrown to the side except for the fact she ended up pregnant. They got married and she rued the day forever as everything she did since was wrong, right to the name of their baby boy.Vanessa lives for her boy ,Wren. Then something happens that changed everything and everyone including Wren and Vanessa needs to find the answers to the questions she is asking.
This story highlights issues that are massive and rife in todays world, rape and  domestic violence. So needless to say it can be a harrowing read with all the ups and downs of a rollercoaster but that is what makes this book so good.Thanks to Rachels Random Resources for allowing me to be part of the blog tour and netgalley for the ARC.
I should begin this by alerting any sensitive readers to the fact that some of the content maybe upsetting or difficult to read, rape, domestic violence, illness and death are included but all within context and are a valuable part of the story.

I’ve always enjoyed a book I can get into and try to piece all the clues together. Never Ever Tell is very much focused on a mother’s love for her child and explores how much he is the centre of her life even though there are other relationships she should also be concentrating on instead of potentially neglecting.

How far would you go to protect or rely on that one person in your life? There is no getting away from the fact Vanessa has had a difficult life but I found the further I read and the more I unravelled her personality I found myself changing from caring about her or rooting for her to actually disliking her a whole lot by the end.

There are a handful of folk involved in this family all with their own agenda, I think Billy is the strongest and most tolerant person, he displays all the traits of a lovable family man and I really felt for him, as much as he tries to keep Vanessa focused she is intent on doing things her way.

I read Never Ever Tell in a couple of sittings so that indicates the quality of the writing, the author kept me intrigued and as much as I didn’t enjoy parts I just had to keep reading desperate to know how events played out. There is a lot to take onboard but as I got to the middle of the book I sensed it was coming to a close so I was a little surprised to find ‘part 2’, personally I didn’t really feel the need for that and it jangled my nerves having to see things from a different angle for a while.

By the end I wasn’t quite sure how it was going to finish and I must confess it wasn’t quite the predictable ending it could have been so that was a powerful touch. All in all with the benefit of hindsight I really enjoyed Never Ever Tell it could have been a bit shorter in places because it tended to repeat itself, (how the mother felt about her son) but overall I would be happy to read anything by this author again.

My thanks to the author, publisher, netgalley and Rachel from Random Resources for my copy which I read and reviewed voluntarily.
If you want to pick up a book that's going to consume you and keep you turning those pages, I would highly recommend this gem. I hadn't heard of Never Ever Tell before being invited on the blog tour but I thought the synopsis sounded good so decided to jump straight in.

I also read this as an eBook and was surprised at how much I kept wanting to pick it up. I usually gravitate toward my physical read so much more but the characters were incredibly intriguing and I simply needed to find out what was going to happen.

So the plot follows Vanessa as she goes from teen mum to mother of 2 in an abusive relationship. We follow her journey in trying to escape the clutches of the man she never really loved, dealing with a parent becoming ill, and her unique relationship with her eldest son Wren. I fell in love with Wren from the get go. He has a heart of gold and his loving nature shines through.

Never Ever Tell is split into a few parts and we also meet a lovely young lady who moves into town after a troubled few years. She instantly steals the heart of Wren and I was super happy reading about the beautiful relationship that they started. However things go down hill very drastically and I was suddenly even more was hooked on every word on every page.

Everything from the plot, the characters, the tension, the twists and the ending was brilliant. I ended up finishing the book whilst sitting by a lake very similar to one described in the book and it made it all even more real and mind blowing. I also went for  a walk the next day with Glenn and described the book from start to finish, which is something I only ever do when I enjoy it so much.

I cant wait to read more by this author!
If there's one thing I like doing, it's discovering new authors.  Kirsty Ferguson is definitely a new author for me but having enjoyed reading 'Never Ever Tell' as much as I did, I can guarantee that I will be reading more of her work in the future.  I absolutely flipping well loved reading 'Never Ever Tell' but more about that in a bit.
I couldn't help but feel for Vanessa Sawyer from the first moment I came across her.  She makes one of the mistakes of her life when she has sex with the boyfriend of her best friend.  In effect it was rape, she didn't really want to but he wasn't listening.  Things start to go wrong for her from then on.  She ends up married to a man, who shows his true colours.  It was at that point that I wanted to jump inside the pages of the book to give her husband a darn good slapping with a wet fish for the way he treats her and the way he treats his child.  Vanessa is kind, compassionate and sensitive.  She adores her child and does her best to protect him from his father.  I just kept everything crossed that her husband took a very long walk off a very short cliff and that Vanessa would get the happy life that she so deserved.  What happens?  Well for the answer to that question and more you are just going to have to read the book for yourselves to find out as I am not going to tell you.
Oh. My. Word.  What a flipping fantastic book this was.  I was drawn to the book by the synopsis and then as soon as I started to read, I just knew that I was going to be unable to put this book down very easily.  My Kindle wasn't exactly glued to my hand but it might as well have been because it travelled everywhere with me.  The more of the book I read, the more questions I had that needed answering and so of course the more I had to read.  I became seriously addicted to reading 'Never Ever Tell'.  If I wasn't reading the book, I was thinking about the book.  I became so involved in the story that I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.  The page numbers became a blur.  All too quickly I reached the end of the story.
'Never Ever Tell' is superbly written.  The author certainly knows how to grab your attention from the start with a bit of a racy beginning to the story.  I had an inkling that things were not going to work out for the best.  For me, the story hit the ground running and maintained the pace throughout.  Kirsty certainly took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride through the story.  I felt myself becoming emotionally involved in the story to the extent that I found myself getting angry, tearful and incredibly frustrated with the actions of certain individuals.  I felt as though I was part of the story and that's thanks to Kirsty's very vivid and realistic storytelling.
In short I thoroughly enjoyed 'Never Ever Tell'.  I would put Kirsty Ferguson on a par with Adele Parks- if you enjoy Adele's books then it's safe to assume that you will enjoy 'Never Ever Tell'.  I would definitely recommend this book to other readers.  I will be reading more of Kirsty's work in the future.  The score on the Ginger Book Geek board is a very well deserved 5* out of 5*.
A spine-tingling domestic noir thriller, Never Ever Tell is a chilling tale of sacrifice and vengeance that is shocking, terrifying and difficult to put down.

Vanessa Sawyer has long stopped believing in fairy tales. Ever since she married the man who fathered her baby, Vanessa’s life has become one long and arduous slog where beatings, abuse and insults are daily occurrences. Happiness is not an emotion Vanessa is familiar with, however, her marriage to a monster has at least given her somebody to love and somebody who does not browbeat her or insult her: her baby boy, Wren. Vanessa worships the ground her beloved son walks on and through all the pain and suffering at the hands of her cruel husband it is Wren who gets her through each day and gives her a reason for living.

Time passes and Wren is no longer a little and helpless baby, but he quickly grows into a young man Vanessa can be proud of. Watching him develop and mature into a sensible young man despite of the fact that he grew up in a home like theirs makes Vanessa so happy and content – until one night where everything changes…including Wren. Vanessa is determined to uncover the secrets behind this shocking night that has turned their world upside down and discover what Wren is keeping from her. But is Vanessa ready for what she is about to uncover? Or are some secrets best kept dead and buried?

Thriller fans are going to love Kirsty Ferguson’s Never Ever Tell. A chilling, disturbing and creepy tale of love, lies and secrets, Never Ever Tell is a brilliant exploration of twisted family ties, the lengths we go to to protect the people we love and the evil repercussions of dangerous decisions from a storyteller who knows how to keep her readers on the edge of their seats.

A must-read from a writer with a bright future ahead of her, Never Ever Tell will delight fans of C L Taylor and Rachel Abbott.
Never Ever Tell is an emotional read with an ending you won't see coming. If you want to read something that will tear your heart right out of your chest and stomp on it, this is the book for you.
It tackles the tough subjects of domestic abuse, rape, bullying, and suicide, so be warned if you're a sensitive reader.
The story follows Vanessa, a woman who has been dealt a crappy hand at life thanks to Mark, the boy she liked in high school. The only bright spot is her son Wren. Vanessa will do anything to protect Wren, and Wren seems to be a bit of a mama's boy as he gets older. Once he hits high school, though, he befriends two other boys and starts dating a new girl. That's when things get bad. Really bad.
I found myself relating to Vanessa in some ways in this book. But there were other times when I though she was a bit annoying and/or frustrating. And by the end, I absolutely hated her.
The characters in this book are all well-written and fleshed out. It has a very real, relatable feel to it. It's something I can imagine happening in a small town (and definitely does more often than it should). I found myself crying. I found myself smiling. And I found myself seething with a white-hot rage. All at different points in the story, of course. But that ending... That ending made me go "WHAT?!" and want to throw my Kindle out the window.
If you're looking for a suspense thriller that will have your emotions all over the place, give Never Ever Tell a go.
4 stars from me!
Holy moly this was such an intense vivid read, very descriptive narrative, not for the faint of heart.
I always find books which such intense topics hard to review.
The authors writing style was able to suck me right into the story, through her vivid descriptions of the events that occurred the character developed was also very well executed. I could feel the pain, sorrow, and hardships that the main character faced in the fight to escape the life with her abusive husband. It was very interesting to see how her story evolved once she got out of the house and how the abuse continued to appear and disrupt her life.
In the second part of the story we got to find a little more about her son's life, and the events that lead up to some huge tragedys that shock the main character to the core, where she made it her mission to get to the bottom of what happened to those two teenagers to get to the devastating place they both ended up.
You could see family was always her main concern but at what costs to her current life can see endure.
This was such a hard read, but you were able to see how beaten this women was and how she put her kids and family always above her needs.
What can I say about this book? Well it certainly wasn’t an easy read that’s for sure. The book broke my heart and it made me feel extremely uncomfortable and took me right out of my comfort zone.  However I am happy that Vanessa Sawyer managed to find love and happiness for part of her life.
Wow, what an intense read Never Ever Tell is. I am still shaking long after finishing the final page. It is highly emotive, harrowing and heartbreaking all rolled into one. Make sure you have the tissues handy while reading this one, you are definitely going to need them!

Kirsty has crafted a very dark plot that for some readers, may be hard to read. It deals with issues of rape and extreme domestic violence, which at times is quite graphic and confronting, but there is a magnetic pull that keeps you wanting to turn the pages to see how it is all going to unfold.

This is the first book that I have read of Kirsty’s and I was really impressed with her writing, which kept me very engaged throughout. Due to its nature, it mustn’t be easy writing these types of stories, living and breathing its darkness until it is complete, but Kirsty takes it all in her stride and has delivered quite a remarkable read.

Never Ever Tell will have you gripped from start to finish as you are taken on one very emotional roller coaster ride. At times it will have your heart pounding and gasping for breath, as the tension rises all in the lead up to a shocking revelation that you don’t see coming!

With its strong plot and characters that are complex, believable and very well written, Never Ever Tell will capture your attention and have you reading well into the night. A well put together story that all comes together through writing that is both powerful and compelling, it really is a must read.

Thank you to NetGalley, Boldwood Books and Kristy Ferguson for allowing me to read an advanced copy of Never Ever Tell which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
3.5 stars rounded up to 4

***TRIGGER WARNING*** Scenes Of Domestic Violence & Rape.

Vanessa had a crush on her best friends boyfriend, Mark. But Vanessa had sex with him and he tells her he will break up with Maggie. But he doesn't. Not until Vanessa is pregnant. Her parents tell her she must marry him before the baby is born. She has a son and calls him Wren. Mark doesn't like the name. An abusive marriage evolves. One day Vanessa meets an old flame who wants to help her escape her abusive husband. They eventually end up in a relationship nd Vanessa has another son. But tragedy is about to strike.

This is an emotional roller coaster read. I found it hard to read in places but the content needed to be written to make the story work. It's well written and the characters are complex but believable. Even though the plotline was harrowing, I was caught up in the story and read it in one sitting. This is my first read by the author but it won't be my.

I would like to thank NetGalley, Boldwood Books and the author Kirsty Ferguson for my ARC in exchange for an honest.
Kirsty Ferguson is a new author for me, and I am so pleased to have read this book. I loved it and will definitely look out for more of her work. Five stars from me
There's nothing worse than bring married to someone that destroys who you are physically and mentally thru abuse except trying to raise a child too. Vanessa probably would've committed suicide or pushed her husband to the breaking point so he'd kill her, but she had her beautiful baby boy to keep her going. He was her whole world and she'd do anything to make sure he was protected, but how much can you really protect someone? It's amazing to see what a mother will go through and how much they can take.
The ended was far from anything I was expecting. I was completely shocked and don't think there was anything that I could've read that would've made me figure it out....even a little.
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Ohhh this book was right up my alley full of suspence and I had no idea where it was going.  I love that in a book so for me a solid 5 STARS!!
Thank you to NetGalley and Boldwood Books for the Arc of this book!❤️

Also thank you to the author Kirsty Ferguson in writing this page turning book!❤️

Follows a girl named Vanessa who had a crush on her best friends partner Mark, they ended up having sex (technically Rape) in the back of a van, Mark said he was leaving Maggie for Vanessa but the next day he acted like it never happened until she got pregnant with his baby, Maggie found out and left him then her parents told Vanessa that she must marry him before the baby was born.. so they did... She had the baby called Wren, Mark didn't like that name.. the abusive marriage started.. until one day she finds an old flame from whom she went to school with who wanted to help her escape her abusive marriage by helping her move into a place he owns, and they then end up together she ends up having a second child called Ty, then towards the end her first child Wren dies which completely wrecks her...

This was my first Kirsty Ferguson book and I totally loved it, if your a fan of Adele parks etc you'll love this

It's a captivating gripping thriller but emotional and features abusive marriages, escaping them and rape so be warned❤️

I definitely recommend 💫
5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thank you Kirsty Ferguson I loved this book!

Will review else where once published!?
First I would like to say thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this arc In Return for an honest review.  What a plot, I have to say it had me gripped from the start, it had all the different types of betrayal all rolled into one book.. I though the characters were all well developed, and the different storylines were very original.  I throughly enjoyed this book.
I received this ARC book from Netgalley for honest Review.

What a great thrill and suspense it was to read. What a great psychological thrill! This novel had everything in it. The thrill, the suspense, the psychological, and the twist is crazy. This novel will keep you thinking and guessing. When you think you right, well let me just say that you might be wrong. This had me all over the place. My heart beating so fast! I couldn't believe what I was reading. If had me in shock. Every page, every chapter was a page turner. I couldn't believe my eyes what I was reading. I highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. It will surprise you in every way.
4.5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫

The storyline was very good!
The theme and setting was well put together. The characters was well put together in the story.
This story will have in a rollercoaster with all the spooky and secrets. Was so well put in the story.
Everything all in one book.
It was just perfect!
I highly recommend everybody get this and read it.
What a great read! This had me hooked from the beginning. What a Rollercoaster! The sitting, theme, and the Characters had me pulled so in. Everything was well put together and it was just perfect. This novel would have you guess and thinking all the way to the end. What a great thrill and suspense. I love a great suspense that would have me think and guessing. This novel did just that to me. To the point that am wrong. When the ending comes am on shock. I wouldn't of never believe or guess. Like OMG!
Highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. Its so good!
Can't wait for her next book.
#netgallery #neverevertell
This was a new author for me. The plot and storyline were very well done.  Such a wonderful story. I would definitely try another book by This author. I didn't expect to enjoy the book as much as I did, but it was so good I read it in about two days. The author kept me guessing on the plot with how will the characters seemed so real.