Cover Image: In a Holidaze

In a Holidaze

Are you kidding? I missed this title- I had downloaded but the pandemic seems to have stopped everything. What a great read! What I love about Christina Lauren books is the humor through dialogue, the sweetness, the characters that seem to come to life in just seconds. Romantic escapism, no matter what my age ( and I am much, MUCH older than the protagonists and probably their parents) is a deeply satisfying, uplifting way to see the magic of life. I loved Mandrew and Maisie and the cast of characters were all so much fun. A little time travel made my heart swell too. This is one I will recommend to all and re read every holiday season ! All I can say is... yay! This is how I like my romances!
This Groundhog's Day styled book is incredibly charming and fun. When Maelyn starts to relive the same day, we go along with her as she tries to figure out her new path.
This romance novel based around Christmas time is sure to make you wish you were in the mountains curled up next to a fire alongside these characters! Stuck in a time loop, puts this main character at the top of the relatable list! Will she ever get the timing and sequence just right to end up with the guy she’s destined to be with?
Groundhog day meets Xmas family vacation. A romance thrown in... a story with such captivating elements is bound to be a page turner. Plus, the author makes the heroine very relatable; I would use the same dialog and exact words with my family/similar situations. Brilliant book - perfect for gifts or when you need a pick me up after a stressful week at work.
Absolutely loved this one! Another amazing Christina Lauren hit. I really loved the Groundhog Day vibes, and it was so fun to see Mae and Andrew’s story. This one gave me all the holiday feels, and was very much like a Hallmark movie (which I absolutely love!). Definitely my favorite holiday romance read!
I have been a huge fan of Christina Lauren but lately, their books have been a disappointment. I was ecstatic to see them have a Christmas romance out but the groundhog day aspect was a drag. I didn't connect to any of the characters and the romance was not swoon-worthy. I was just left wanting more out of the story than I got. I wanted an great romance and I just got a mediocre on with twist.
FIlled with fun family dynamics, romance, and the occasional laugh, "In a Holidaze" is a great book for the holiday season or, really, anytime of year. I really enjoyed the characters and even though the story was a little cliche at times and the relationship moved a little too quickly, I found it to be incredibly unique and atmospheric. I highly recommend for rom-com lovers, as well as fans of Christina Lauren.
What a unique book. The story took me a bit to get into, but when i did I enjoyed it. The Unique spin to the plot left me wanting more.
Wow!   I absolutely loved this unique take on “Ground HogDay!”

Maisie never knew that one to many eggnogs would forever change her life.  Well it did!  When a huge mistake happens and your given a second chance at a redo, you make the best of it.  Don’t hold back.  That becomes Maisie’s moto when it seems that the holiday has her on repeat.

This romantic comedy is the perfect read this holiday season.  A perfect cozy read companion with your warm cozy blanket and glass of spiked eggnog.  It has the perfect mix of holiday fun and hot romance.

The characters in this book are a eclectic mix of individuals who know the meaning behind extended family love and traditions.  The main character Maisie seems to be a bit lost at first, but her road to self discovery is a hilarious one.  The shenanigans she gets into are quite a doozy.

Overall this book is fun and energetic.  The characters are easily lovable.  The traditions of family and Christmas are done beautifully.  Makes us stop and think about how easily we forget what traditions are all about and how important they are. I truly feel this book should be your number one read this holiday season.
While this was a fun holiday childhood friends to lover romance with an interesting time-slip element, I didn't find it well executed. The heroine read very young and there were plot holes that made it not feel fully realized.
This writing duo is one of my absolute favorites and In a Holidaze was a good reminder as to why. Sweet, entertaining, and romantic with a fun twist on the holiday, this one will definitely lead me down a rabbit hole of holiday romances.
This was such a fun and enjoyable read that had me laughing and had just enough swoon that you don't forget your reading a CL story. The flow was great and I'd be hard pressed to pick a character that I liked the most. Full of family and tradition, this book will definitely get you in the holiday spirit.
A unique spin on holiday romance, but not going to be a Christina Lauren book I read over and over again. In a Holidaze contains many familiar elements (a charming mountain cabin bedecked with snow, a sprawling extended found family sharing decades of traditions, a childhood-friends-to-lovers plot), but Christina Lauren have added a dash of Groundhog Day to mix things up. I did wish the time-loop plot element had been played out slightly longer; Maelyn only relives her holiday a few times before she gets on track with the iteration she’ll see through to the end, so the real Groundhog Day part of the story moves very quickly.

Since the book is narrated by Maelyn, we don’t get too much insight into Andrew or what his life is really like outside of the holiday break their families share each year. There are also a lot of characters in this story, and from time to time I forgot who some people were; I’m not entirely convinced we need everyone, as most of the secondary characters don’t play a role in the plot.

Overall, this is a classic holiday romance—as warm and cozy as drinking cocoa while wrapped up in a blanket next to a roaring fire.
Love any adventurous Romcom Christina Lauren come out with. This is the last Christmas Maelyn will get to spend at her favorite place her family cabin in Utah. She finds out at the end of the trip that her parents will have to sell the cabin. On there way to the airport they get in an awful car accident and next thing Mae wakes up to is on the plane again to the cabin. This is an endless loop Mae has trying to figure out why she is in this loop and if she gets to be with the man she truly loves.
This was my first Christina Lauren book and it definitely won't be my last! I loved the plot of this story so much and quickly became invested in the characters. Definitely recommend!
The premise of this story had me completely sold from the very beginning, but it's Christina Lauren's unique style of storytelling that kept the pages turning on this romantic time loop story. Reading this book went by way too fast and I absolutely adored the joint family get-away as the backdrop to the action. This is  a standalone novel. I don't believe it is tied to any of Christina Lauren's other books. Fully enjoyable holiday romance!
I could not put this book down. I loved it. It was the feel good holiday romance book I didn't know I needed!
I loved this mismatch of a time-travel, sort of love triangle, family, holiday story. There's something familiar and comforting about being with friends you consider family for years. I loved that these people got together every year to spend Christmas together. Tradition is cozy, but needs to be shaken up from time to time. I liked watching Maelyn try to figure out what she wanted out of her life. Andrew was sweet and sexy. Benny was like a guardian angel. I loved that he was kind of the secret keeper. I loved how close-knit everyone was, even through their idiosyncrasies.
This is Christina Lauren at their finest. Again, they’ve gifted their readers with a friends-to-lovers romance that, despite employing many tropes, is fresh and unique. In an added twist, heroine Mae is trapped in a Groundhog Day scenario after she wishes to be shown happiness. She is destined to repeat Christmas vacation with her family and lifelong friends until she can figure out how to capture that happiness. In this case, it’s with Andrew, the boy she’s pined for since she first discovered what love was at age 13. Unfortunately, her close friendship with Theo, Andrew’s younger brother, has obscured her true feelings so that Andrew has never felt he had a chance to make her his. Will Mae be doomed to an endless repetition of days or will the curse be lifted when the truth becomes clear?

An amusing cast of characters, especially “Uncle” Benny the pot-smoking sage, a bit of Christmas magic, and a romance full of laughter and shared memories all add up to a heartwarming gift for the holidays. If you adore Lauren’s Love and Other Notes, you want to get your hands on this treasure ASAP.

I received a complimentary ARC of this book from Gallery Books through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Opinions expressed are completely my own.
I wasn't sure how I would like this one... Groundhog Day style books usually bore me. I mean there are only so many ways you can do and redo a day. Well, I'm certainly going to admit I was wrong about this one. I very much enjoyed this! You will just love Maelyn and the whole cast of characters. They are fun, down to earth and completely relatable! While this is set in the holiday season, I say grab it and read it no matter the season!
This writing duo is a fan favorite. I liked this book, but I didn't love it. However will def recommend to members in my library.