Cover Image: Hunter Killer

Hunter Killer

My thoughts,about this brilliantly written, fast moving action thriller,was outstanding,story set in South America was fantastic.What I loved about the story was, what would you do, to protect,your team if they were in  great danger of a deadly attack,was just fantastic,the action and suspense that unfolds, at the end was a gripping nail biting ending. The characters were amazing, be it Pike Logan, who I loved the most, as he is a fearless character, who will stop at nothing to protect his team against the Russian Assassins, Jennifer Cahill, was also a outstanding character, which I thought was another hardhiting character.Author former Special Forces Officer, Brad Taylor,has written a powerful action thriller,that truly had me turning the pages,loved how Brad, manages to balance the characters and the storyline together is truly remarkable. Highly recommended. A well written, fast moving action thriller, that takes your breath away. I would like to say thank you to author Brad Taylor, bloggers Aries and netgalley for giving me a chance to read and review this outstanding action conspiracy thriller. 💥💥💥💥💥⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I love Brad Taylor's books because they seem realistic (in kind of a scary way)! This was no different. I couldn't put it down - it was such a page turner. I definitely recommend this one.
Excellently paced and action-packed from the very beginning, HUNTER KILLER by Brad Taylor is an adrenalin junkie's dream and is a sure-fire hit.

When someone close to Pike is killed, he will do whatever it takes to uncover the truth because he doesn't believe it was an accident, and he will take his revenge on anyone who would attack one of his family. With his team separated it isn't long before Pike realises that the situation is even more sinister than he feared and as the clock ticks down, he will do whatever it takes to find those he cares for and finish this, for good.

Danger, tension, plots, and lies are all just part of a normal day in HUNTER KILLER and the story fizzes with energy from the first sentence to the last. This is the fourteenth book in the Pike Logan series but can easily be read as a standalone if you would prefer. The characters are layered and intriguing, and there was never a dull moment in this story which is saying something.
The plot, the characters, the setting, and the atmosphere are all expertly written and HUNTER KILLER by Brad Taylor is an all-round riveting read. I look forward to reading more from Brad Taylor.
This story gets your attention from the first page. Focusing on contemporary issues, it's complex plot delivers an intense and often violent read. It's part of a long-running series but reads as a standalone. Although to appreciate the team dynamic and character development, it's advisable to read the books that come before, which I haven't yet.

The setting is vividly described and evokes all the reader's senses. The plot is fast-paced and keeps its momentum until the various sub-plots integrate into an impactful conclusion.   The cast of characters is believable and the connection between the various team members, authentic and relatable.

Geopolitics, revenge and ruthless individuals define this story. Pike and his team are diverse and flawed, but their commitment to each other resonates.

I received a copy of this book from Aries Fiction - Head of Zeus via NetGalley in return for an honest review.
Boy, oh boy!! This is an amazing, gritty, fast paced, edge of your seat thriller right from page one, where it opens in dramatic fashion and doesn't ease up once, right to the last page. The story grasp your attention and the imagination from the start, it's a heart-stopping, exciting and riveting. Brad Taylor certainly knows how to fully engage a reader with his intense and engaging narrative and knowledgeable detail.
This is the first book by Brad Taylor I've read and it definitely will not be the last, I thoroughly enjoy his lightening speed and gripping story telling which had me hooked. Hunter Killer is apart of the Pike Logan series, and even though there are aspects that I am assuming are connected with other books from the series you can very easily read this as a stand-alone, I will now be hunting down the previous books in the series to see where it all started.
This is one of those books that you can't really say too much about, you can't do an in-depth review off as there is so much entwined with the main story unless, off course you don't mind giving away or reading a huge amount of spoilers - something which I resolutely refuse to do. The lead character; Pike is a compelling and very complex man, it's fascinating getting to know him, even though at times he did come across as though he was constantly living on the edge, his volatile emotions were constantly warring with his reasoning and he has an ever present anger bubbling beneath the surface which makes self-control difficult especially in times when he needs a level head. I loved getting to know his team and the others in the Taskforce, the relationship between the characters are just as the back blurb says, they are 'family' each one is developed marvellously you become invested in this team, but don't get too attached as with all thriller's not all will come through the other side.
There are quite a few sub-plots which run side by side with the main story, in some ca this may be seen as busy or trying put too much into one story, but I really liked how these smaller sub-plots work themselves seamlessly within the main plot and how they become resolved before the finale.
This is a hugely enjoyable, stirring and addictive read and this series is certainly one to follow, if you love your twisty, fast-paced thrillers then you are going to love this one, I can't wait to dive into more Pike Logan adventures!
Brilliant book. Excellent story, great character depth and a thrilling read, just what i wanted to read. well done!
Hunter Killer Brad Taylor is an excellent summer beach boik. THe plot moves quckly from one adventure to another. The main character Pike Logan. has a very interesting personality. He can be very viollent and has trouble controlling his anger and other strong emotions. He tries to do the right thing and usually does but his difficiulty with self control is a huge issue. I enjoyed the book but wonder if Pike needs more structure and self control
If you like thrillers, you're almost guaranteed to like a Brad Taylor novel. With high ratings from +1000 readers, this is a safe bet for a good read.

Thanks very much for the ARC for review!!
Another good Pike Logan adventure story. Fast moving, lots of action, bad guys get what they have coming to them while the good guy wins in the end.
A rollercoaster ride of an adventure book following Pike as he attempts to get the " baddies" who killed his friend and also want to kill him. There's quite a lot of violence but it is not gratuitous. Interesting fellow characters and you are rooting for the main "good" characters. Set in Charleston, USA and Brazil. The Brazil scenes describe parts of Brazil in such a way that I now want to visit Brazil. Oh and the Piranha boat, wow! Remind me to never get in a rubber dinghy in Piranha infested waters!
I've read all the Brad Taylor books with Pike Logan as the main character, and have love them all. This one is also a great read. Fast paced and hard to put down. I highly recommend this book.
Hardboiled no-nonsense  action from the start. Following the exploits of a special dark ops unit " Taskforce". Well written, solid and interesting plot that spans the globe. A great lead character with borderline sociopathic  tendencies and a well balanced team to keep him in check. Fans of Clancy will be very impressed if for no other reason than the writing is far superior. Take any of the big name mil-ops authors from the 20th century and stick Brad Taylor right up there on the shelf next to them. Excellent reading and incredibly fun.
It turns out that I have already red Hunter Killer...and liked it! Here's my review:
Brad Taylor has another good Pike novel out and I like it! He must have had a blast writing some of those scenes, particularly one set in a piranha pool! But that might be how many writers feel when their novels get reviewed! (Us being the pool!) Hunter Killer is not a Task Force novel. Pike is off on his own after his boss gets blown up in his driveway. Russians turn out to be behind it, and they have big goals in Brazil. Good but not great writing, piranhas excepted, and interesting characters. 4.5 stars
Thanks NetGalley for the ARC.
Free ARC from NET GALLEY

Thrill a mintue CHECK

Russian bad guys CHECK

Dastardly attack on the family  CHECK

All of these makes this a great book but LTC Taylor,  Jennifer and Shoshana?  Really?

The rest brought back good memories
This is a story of love, family and values. Oh, and action quite a lot of action. Thanks to Netgalley and Aria for letting me read this one. This is one of the better books in the series about Pike Logan and his merry band of marauders. I strongly recommend any one that hasn't tried it to do so.
An action filled story that simultaneously plays out in South America and Charleston. Pike is forced to go up against a group that made the worst mistake possible; killing and attacking those he loves. He is seemingly a step behind the plot the entire time but that is half the fun of this book. A good read that follows the vein of Pike's other adventures. I loved how this book brought more of his new family into the story to move Pike beyond a one dimensional killer. If you have read other books in this series, you know it is going to a great read.
Thank you Brad Taylor, William Morrow and Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for my review.