Cover Image: Little Big Nate: No Nap!

Little Big Nate: No Nap!

||BOOK REVIEW||
Rating: 5/5
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
A fun story for all the little ones out there to enjoy. The story is short, sweet, and to the point. Let your imagination run wild because you can be and go anywhere in this book. Target population is most likely toddlers; especially toddlers that don’t like to nap. I recommend this book. So sweet.
#monicasbookreviews #littlebignatenonap #lincolnpierce #nap #naptime😴 #nonaps #napsfordays #kids #l#kidsbookshelf #kidsbooks
This book is the little brother to the middle-grade series "Big Nate."    Same eye-popping graphics and protagonist.  However, it doesn't really require any deep leaning into the Big Nate cannon.   A very welcome addition to the board book  shelf.
Little Big Nate hates nap time. But he dreams of all the things he could be doing instead and before he knows it, nap time is done and full of fun! Short and sweet, this was a fun little story perfect for toddler aged kids.
I am in love with these board books about Big Nate.  They are a fun introduction to a popular character that are approachable and entertaining.  This time we get to learn what Nate would like to do other than take a nap.
A cute, quick read. Love all the options that Nate would like to do rather than sleep. But of course, he still needs a nap!
How I love Big Nate, one of the funniest and snarkiest kid comic characters I've ever read. This, the second in the Little Big Nate board book series, is something I'd snap up in a heartbeat if I had a niece or nephew the proper age; here we find Big Nate in his early days of snark, at school and determined - no matter what the teacher says - that he is not going to lie down for his nap ... until he does, of course, and soon finds his imagination more than making up for the boring real world. Little Big Nate books are not just good for kids, but are lively and colorful and comically-illustrated enough to make for great interactive fun for the parents (who will also get/enjoy the sense of humor), too. Like pretty much anything Peirce does with this sardonic, very funny little boy, at any age, this one is highly recommended. (Available 9/1/2020)  5/5 stars

NOTE: I received a free ARC of this title from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
This little book tells the story of Nate who does not want to have his afternoon nap but discovers that he can have adventures in his dreams!  The illustrations are simple but effective. This is a very quick read but my 2 year old granddaughter really loved it.  I think it would make a good book to share with children from 2 to 3.  I would certainly buy this for my granddaughter and use it for the littlies in school.
This book was received as an ARC from Andrews McMeel Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I absolutely loved reading this book and from the brilliant mind of Lincoln Pierce comes a book for our younger readers about the most hated activity for a toddler...Naptime! Being a former employee of a daycare center, I know the struggles for scheduling and executing naptime for our children and how they just want to move around and play all day. The imagination of Nate is unreal and very relatable to young children. I know our parents and young ones will enjoy this series and this book very much.

We will consider adding this title to our PIC BOOK collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for sending me an e-ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, I love the illustrations. This book is really colorful and an easy read. I just find it really funny and I think, younger kids will love it. It will also help mothers in encouraging children to sleep more which is also good. I just thought that it was longer than what I actually read.
Do you like taking naps? Nate doesn't.
He loves to play instead & have lots of fun. A short story with a few catchy rhyming words for extra punch & bright, bold illustrations.
Young Nate shows us some of the things he'd like to do instead of napping. The pictures are colourful and attractive to the eye. Even though they're simple pictures they provide plenty of details to engage a child & adults can use them for conversation or fun questions/counting fun after (or during) the story.
Does he fall asleep? You'll have to read & see!
Made me smile.
My toddlers and I have read this many times, we love it so much!  It’s a quick and easy, it has bright colors and it kept them engaged and repeating the words. Perfect book!  Thank you to NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for an ebook ARC.  This is my honest review.
Bright, funny, and realistic describe this board book!  Great for toddlers and PK who can wholly relate to not liking naps.  Rhyming text and a surprise ending make this extra great.  Great for tired parents and caregivers who will relate to Nate's habits too! I hope to see more like this!
What a cute book! This book is an adorable book that shows the fun, imaginative things that can come from taking naps.
This is a cute book staring Little Big Nate!  I could see preschoolers loving this book especially if they have older siblings that enjoy Big Nate.  This would also be a great book for older children to read to younger children and share a favorite character.
Cute, little, Little Nate book about not wanting to take a nap.  The artwork is fun and Little Nate has a fun imagination.
This is a really cute book to introduce the character Nate too little kids. He is not a fan of naps until he realizes the wonders of his imagination!
Not to many kiddos like taking naps. To much to do and see. Little Big Nate tells us why he doesn't like taking naps and it was a great twist that will be a winner for both parents and little ones.

Taking naps helps children grow and have big imaginations. Plus give much needed time for parents to take a break. This one is a winner.

A Special Thank you to Andrews McMeel Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
Now that's the best representation of a kid's imagination during nap time in the classroom!

Nate hates nap but it doesn't mean that he loves to think what other various things he could do instead of napping.

I love Nat already!

Looking forward for more in this series.

Thank you #NetGalley for the ARC.
Super quick and cute read about a little guy who thinks he is too big for naptime.  Nate can do so many things if he can stay awake....but in his dreams and imagination the things he can do have no limits.

Overall this was a quick and easy read. Great rhymes and easy sentences.  Perfect for a new reader.

I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
Perfect for introducing little readers to Big Nate. The pictures are eye-catching and the rhyming text flows.  The storyline is relatable—avoiding nap time!  I will purchase for my child.