Cover Image: The Babysitter

The Babysitter

A quick fun read. I keep seeing it at the supermarket and when I go back it’s gone! A great read while you’re in between books.
This was a fun read which reminded me of the romantic suspense that I used to frequent in the olden days. I didn’t remember reading a Nancy Bush book in recent times, so this gave me nostalgic feel too.

Being completely blocked for words, I am keeping this review short and hopefully sweet.

Twenty years ago, two sisters, one was to attend the Halloween party and the other was to babysit. They exchanged midway, and the babysitting sister Emma was stabbed. Jaime couldn’t withstand her guilt and left soon. Cut to the present and Jaime was forced to become her sister’s caregiver after her mom’s death as Emma had cognitive difficulties post the stabbing.

What I liked

The suspense and till the very end, I didn’t know who the stabber was or the motives for it.

Romance was kept to minimum, and the author concentrated more on the plot. Writing was detailed and brought out the complete picture of the lives of the two sisters.

Excitement was injected at regular intervals when the stabbings started at the present time.

I loved Emma. She had an air of innocence about her, and she was what she was. No masks, no lies. Just purity. Her panic attacks was written well as my heart was wrenched in pain when she was triggered.

My niggles

It was a slow read for me. I kept hoping something more would happen.

The love between the sisters wasn’t shown, maybe that was the plot of the story. But I was very disappointed when Jaime did not step up. And even when she did, it was obvious shewas quite reluctant to become her sister’s care giver. She couldn’t see the beauty in her sister.

Overall, I still had good fun reading the book and was stuck to my kindle right up to this moment. Hence the short but hopefully a succulent review.
There is a whole lot going on in this book. The part with the babysitter stalker whispered rumors were quite exciting and had me very tense. Almost all of the rest of the book was filled with cheaters and teenaged drama. I did not expect the ending. That being said,  it was a good read. I would recommend it.
Look behind you!   Beware the Babysitter stalker!   He’s coming for you!  What sounds like a laughable nightmarish B movie is actually a really well written thriller with great characters you care about and a mystery that kept me guessing.  Told from different perspectives and time lines it’s a fast read with a couple of really blockbuster twists.  Can’t wait for this movie!
I have been a fan of Nancy Bush for quite a few years and am always excited when she has a new book out. And I did quite a bit of babysitting when I was younger and after watching When a Stranger Calls it makes me leary of babysitting or letting my girls babysit either.

There were quite a few twists and turns that it kept me turning the page but it was an easy read and one that I could recommend to anyone.

I thought this book was just okay.

This story felt really enmeshed in high school drama. It went round and round a bit too much for me. I think this book could have been much shorter if some of that back and forth could have been reigned in. I know that this type of community read is sort of Nancy Bush’s specialty but I just wasn’t in the mood to wrap my mind around all the nonsense.

Please don’t take my word for it. Check it out and judge for yourself. This might be right up your alley. You dive in and decide.

Just not my cup of tea but I really do recommend Nancy Bush’s books in general.

I received this as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) in return for an honest review. I thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for allowing me to read this title.
A babysitter is brutally attacked one night only to survive with more than just physical scars. Twenty years later, someone attacks another babysitter. Could it be connected to her attack so long ago? The Babysitter is an outstanding thriller that readers will want to get their hands on in time for Halloween. The story will keep you on the edge of your seat and will keep you guessing throughout. Highly recommended!
*thank you to Netgalley, Nancy Bush and Kensington Books for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

2 stars.

Unfortunately this just didn't connect with me. I felt that it was too slow and too much of it bored me. The idea of the story was a good one though. Overall i would pass this along as it was more so about not big right for me than being badly written, which it was not.
In love with this book immediately!!!! I seriously stayed up all night turning each page and was excited I did not see the ending coming!! Ms.Bush does not disappoint in this thriller! Thank you NetGalley and Kensington publishing for my ARC copy in exchange for my honest opinion!!!!
My days of babysitting were never like that! There was a "Babysitter Stalker" rumor for years. One girl was stabbed to death, another landed after a fall from rooftop deck. Even so, Jamie Whelon is excited to babysit a set of twins, especially since she was able to talk her sister Emma into doing it, so she could sneak off to a party. Well, twenty years later proves to the fact that Emma was indeed a victim of the stalker, and her scars, both inside and out, still plague her.

Jamie had left their hometown, but she is back and still has guilt after having Emma trade with her that fateful night. Their mother has recently died, so the sisters have to deal with that trauma. But, Jamie and her teenage daughter do step in to assist Emma since their mother is now gone. However, for some odd reason, the stalker strikes yet again and another girl is attacked. Why two decades apart? Are the event of the past and the present connected?

Jamie might have been a selfish teen who only wanted to party, but she is far from that now. She is now a responsible mother and a loving sister, and now determined to connect the dots between the past and the present.

What a thrilling story! Creepy for certain, with enough twists and turns to definitely keep me turning pages. I loved the way the book was written, from the drama, to the family issues, to the incredible tension that saturated the pages.

Many thanks to Zebra and to NetGalley for this ARC for review. This is my honest opinion.
What a thriller?  The author is known for writing some disturbing thrillers and she definitely doesn’t disappoint with the babysitter. Young girl attacked alone in house while watching kids just stirs the shivers induced by that thought. Although left for dead the young girl grows up but is to damaged to point out her attacker.

What did I like? The edge of your seat feeling when you read a thriller like this plus trying to put it all together before the end. This one had a ton of people in it each with their own involvement so it was a bit of a drama as well. Still it was fast paced and a page turner.  I also didn’t figure it out which was fun.

Would I buy or recommend? If you love thrillers then your probably already in the know about this author so do yourself a favor and pick up a copy. Her books are always a thrill and this is one was amazing.

I received a complimentary copy to read! Five thrilling stars!
I loved this book, and it kept me guessing until the end. It was a page turner and  I simply couldn’t put it down. The plot strong and the characters felt alive . It was a twisty and suspenseful read and I’d definitely recommend it.
The whispers may scare you . . .
In River Glen, Oregon, rumors are spreading about the Babysitter Stalker. One victim was fatally stabbed. A second fell—or was pushed—from a rooftop deck. High school sophomore Jamie Whelan, scheduled to watch the Ryerson twins tonight, isn’t worried. She’s more interested in the party she’ll go to later, as soon as her sister Emma arrives to take over babysitting duties. But nothing goes according to plan . . .

But the truth . . .
Twenty years after that night’s vicious attack, Emma remains scarred in body and mind. Jamie, back in River Glen after their mother’s death, still feels guilty over trading places that fateful evening. Then suddenly another young babysitter is attacked. Jamie, with a teenage daughter of her own, fears something much more twisted than coincidence.

Is even more terrifying . . .
Is this new nightmare connected with those long-ago crimes? Emma’s fractured memories may contain the answer. But the deeper Jamie digs, the darker the secrets waiting to be uncovered—and avenged . . .

My Review
The Babysitter is the first book I have read by Nancy Bush. To my the book although I feel written well it just took too long to get to the point. It was not what I expected and because of that I found myself putting the book down several times before finishing the novel. There should have been more suspense and the premise to this book is very intriguing. There is potential there if the author continues with book 2.

This ARC was provided in exchange for my honest opinion. The characters are believable as is the setting. However, the book needs some work before I can give it a top rating. I give this a 3 star.
At the last minute Emma and her sister Jamie switched places babysitting at the Ryerson's so that Jamie could sneak off to a senior party. Her sister Emma is attacked by a serial killer , stabbed and left for dead the same night . Emma never completely recovers from the attack and neither really does Jamie.Twenty years later Jamie is back after their mother dies, and so is the serial killer …

The Babysitter by Nancy Bush is a well written, tightly plotted, intense thriller with lots of suspects  that kept me hooked to the end.

I would like to thank Kensington Books & NetGalley for providing an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest and fair review.
I've been a huge fan of Nancy Bush for many years now so whenever I have a chance to read her newest book, I don't hesitate. The minute this book was announced I just knew I was going to need to read it and I wasn't disappointed. It was full of suspense and so many twists & turns. It had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end.
I had a really tough time getting through this book. I didn’t like the characters and the story just bored me to tears.
I can not give a review of this book because I am on a board that selects books for High School Students in the State of Florida.
I am a huge fan of Nancy Bush, and this book didn't disappoint.  It was suspenseful and had a well written story with good characters.  I really enjoyed it.

I received this ARC from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review.
Nancy wrote a very awesome book. This was many of her book that I have read and they very compelling and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I did find all her characters where well together they she developed them. This was well written and very easy to follow the twist and turns, I can't wait for the next one to read..
Nancy is a fabulous author I love her books.
Who is Stalking The Babysitters?

Twenty years ago rumors of the babysitter stalker were going around and one night Jaime who was fifteen at the time wanted to go a party where the boy that she had a huge crush on invited her to go but she had to babysit the Ryerson seven year old twins that same night so she begged and bribed her older sister Emma who was eighteen to switch places with her.   The party ended up being a complete letdown because the boy never showed up and when she got home she found out that Emma had been attacked and almost died but still their lives were ultimately destroyed that night.
     Twenty years later there is another babysitter attack in the same town, in the same house where Emma babysat and now other women are also being attacked.   Could it be the same stalker from years ago?   But why?   What do they want?   The more questions Jaime has brings the killer closer to her home because Jaime now has a fifteen daughter of her own and she feels that someone is now watching their every move and has no idea who this predator could be.

This was a wonderful domestic thriller with great characterization and storytelling.   I really enjoyed this story and would love to read more along this line.   The characters were very well-written with enjoyable personalities whether you liked them or not and I was completely engrossed with what would happen to each one of them.   I just loved Emma (terrific character), she was so believable and my heart ached for her.  I was also stumped by the identity of the stalker until close to the end of the book and that is my kind of suspenseful mystery(What fun).   I truly hope that the author Nancy Bush will create a series around this family because I would like to see where life would take them in the future.   I am looking forward to reading more books by this writer.   I

I want to thank the publisher "Kensington Books" and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this terrific book and any thoughts and opinions expressed are unbiased and mine alone!

I highly recommend this thrilling story and have given a rating of 4 Sinister 🌟🌟🌟🌟 Stars!!