Cover Image: The Twelve Dogs of Christmas

The Twelve Dogs of Christmas

Such a sweet feel good Christmas Story!

I loved this book and it has all the feel good moments of a hallmark movie! A great meet cute, a small town, cute lovable dogs, a hunky uncle turned dad, a woman finding herself, a young girl scheming and throw in Christmas makes for some great feel good moments. I loved the dogs and could picture each of them and their personalities. Enjoyed the writers style and found I was engaged the entire story and found it a quick read.

I received an advance copy from NetGalley, all opinions are my own .
Ben West has become known as Scrooge. His life has been spiraling out of control since he became the guardian of his niece. He is on the city council to finish the term of his brother-in-law. He never asks for help and the list of things to do keep getting bigger and he is the only one that keeps saying no. Ally Gilmore is a professional photographer. She is back in Pine Hollow to help her grandparents with the animal shelter they run. She feels more lonely and in a way looking to find her roots. A letter arrives and a showdown is coming. Only from the first time they come in contact, the world has shifted. It is all the dogs that start to steal the story. Trying to get them all adopted and a rescue that is pregnant. Neither planned on falling in love but Scrooge is fighting it and Ally has finally decided what she wants. It takes an intervention to get their HEA.
Photographer Ally Gilmore is in Pine Hollow helping her grandparents run the towns animal shelter. When she receives news of the shelters funds being cut due to budget issues she finds herself having to work with the grumpy town councilman, Ben West in hopes of getting all 12 dogs adopted.

The Twelve Dogs of Christmas is everything I love about small town Christmas books plus some. It has the small town charm, Christmas atmosphere, a fantastic cast of characters, a grumpy hero, and of course dogs.

I highly recommend this one to get you in the holiday mood...even in July.
A romance story with two of my favorite things; Christmas and dogs. If you like those two things, you will love this story. Two people coming together to help shelter dogs find homes while maybe falling in love. Will it all work out in the end? You’ll have to read this to find out.

I graciously received an advance e-copy from Netgalley for review. All opinions are my own.
I started The Twelve Dogs of Christmas during the holidays last year, and at some point I stopped it and never picked it up again. I thought the small town and all the characters were cute, but I think it may have been a little too sweet to hold my interest at the time. Once I'm in a sweet small town mood I may try again. DNF
Such an adorable and fun book!  Lizzie Shane is a "new to me" author and I'll be sure to search for more from her and watch for future publications. This story is lovely, sweet, and a clean romance. Great characters - both human and canine. The characters are well-rounded and I loved them all. The story is well written and engaging, an excellent Christmas feel-good read. This story not only tugged at my romantic human heart, but I'm a dog rescue Momma also - it touched my animal loving side also.

Thank you #NetGalley , #LizzieShane , and #Forever  #ForeverGrandPublishing
What more could you ask for in a book? Christmas, a sweet romance, and dogs! The Twelve Dogs of Christmas was a fun, festive read and should be on everyone's holiday TBR!
The Twelve Dogs of Christmas was another Christmas in July read offered by Forever on NetGalley, and I’m so glad that I grabbed this book to read. I’ve been on a stretch of romance books this summer, and this one was the perfect Christmas in July romance to take with me on a recent trip for work.

We meet Ally Gilmore, a city girl who comes to live with her grandparents and help at their dog rescue when her plans in the city don’t work out exactly as she intended. She’s not in town long before she runs into Ben West, who doesn’t have the friendliest reputation in town, despite caring for his adorable ten-year-old niece. When Ben and the city council decide to take away the funding from the dog rescue, Ally and Ben team up to try and find new homes for the dogs before the end of the year. Romance follows, but you’ll have to read the story for yourself to find out more!

There was so much I loved about this, and I was hooked from early in the book between the grumpy Ben and the adorable dogs that Ally’s family has at the rescue. Ben’s niece adds another layer to the story, and I enjoyed seeing her journey as well as the others. There were so many characters that I connected to and loved throughout the book, and I thought the author’s writing style was extremely easy to read and hard to put down.

If you’re looking for a fun Christmas romance featuring some lovable pups, this is the story for you!

I know I will be looking up the other two books in the Pine Hollow series. I’m excited to see what comes next in this small town!

Warning: This book discusses some sensitive topics that may be triggering for some readers including the unexpected death of a loved one.

Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for the digital copy in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
I love love love this book! As someone who has had rescue dogs all of my life, I cannot resist a book about a dog shelter! I loved all of the dogs and their adoption stories and absolutely adore the cover!!
The Twelve Dogs of Christmas is an adorable, heartwarming, feel good story that is sure to grow your heart three sizes, whether in July or December. ❤❤❤

The first in the Pine Hollow series, this book introduces us to a small town in Vermont whose residents are trying to keep the magic alive for the holidays, despite the challenges of a closing animal shelter, single parenthood, and aging grandparents.

Our main characters, Ben & Ally, are sweethearts who love their families and are trying to take a bad deal and make a royal flush (cue Olivia Rodrigo 🎵). Beyond the romance, there's an emphasis on community and belonging, which adds to the charm of Pine Hollow and the development of our characters.

I'll be gifting this to every dog-loving romance reader I know this holiday season. 😂🐾 Make a note if this sounds like one you would enjoy!
Forever Publishing is promoting Christmas in July by sharing free digital copies of some of its books in exchange for an honest review.  This book was published in Sept 2020 and was the first in the Pine Hollow series.

This is a Hallmark type, sweet romance, in a Christmas picture perfect town in Vermont.  The story comes with puppies, bake sales, grandparents and Christmas parades.  Ally Gilmore is spending the holidays helping out her grandparents who run the local dog shelter.  She is between jobs as a NYC photographer.  The town council votes to pull funding from the shelter as of the end of the year leaving Ally scrambling to find homes for the animals.

Ben West (the town grumpus) decides to help out by promoting the dogs Christmas themed photos in the town newsletter.  He is the guardian of his ten-year old niece Astrid and is constantly stressed trying to make up for the two parents she lost.  Astrid seems like a real kid.  She loves her uncle but it doesn't stop her from being creative to get what she wants.

This is sweet, squeaky clean, slow burn romance.  Ben and Ally are both good characters but Ben lost some of my respect for not taking responsibility or reflecting on his part in his previous engagement ending.  I like the story and have already read and reviewed the second in the series giving it even a higher rating.
The Twelve Dogs of Christmas by Lizzie Shane is an excellent festive contemporary romance that was hilarious, creative, warm, and fuzzy novel that put me in the Christmas spirit.

There are so many things I love about this book:

1. First off, I am a passionate advocate and lover of all canines, have furry babies here at home, and am a firm believer in supporting local animal shelters, rescues, and Humane Societies. So, obviously this was right up my ally (no pun intended haha). I loved that this book centered around a small town, Pine Hollow, Vermont, and saving/keeping the doors open on the much-needed Furry Friends Rescue that is owned by Ally Gilmore’s grandparents. The passion, love, compassion, selflessness, and drive this family had to help out these down on their luck dogs, touched my heart so many times. I loved it!

2. I love all of the character cast, especially the main characters: Ally Gilmore and Ben West (and Astrid of course...and Deenie, and Elinor, and Connor...). I really loved the complexity, the backstories, the strengths, weaknesses, and gifts that each of the two MC have. They compliment each other perfectly and seem to bring out the best in one another. I am really glad that both are able to overcome the difficulties they have experienced in life, find a second chance at happiness, both find a sense of belonging, home, and purpose and find love and acceptance within themselves and one another. I also think Colby and Partridge are some of the cutest canine characters around!

3. I love the adorable, quaint New England town. Its picturesque descriptions, businesses, inhabitants, and of course, decorations! There is plenty of material here to use for future books.

4. I love the dialogue. It is cute and romantic, but at the same time it is sarcastic, hilarious, witty, surprising, and the one-liners are just classic. It all balanced out so well to create a wonderful story.

5. Finally, I loved the end! Perfect in every way.

I love this novel so much, and to add to my excitement, I also find out that it is the first in a new series: Pine Hollow. Eeeek!!!! I am also now a legit fan of Ms. Shane!

5/5 stars enthusiastically

Thank you Forever/Grand Central Publishing for this copy and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion.

I am posting this review to my GR, Instagram, Bookbub, Amazon, and B&N accounts immediately. Published on 9/29/20.
I absolutely adored this cute romance! It's perfect for Christmas time when you want to cuddle up under your favourite blanket and sip warm hot cocoa whilst you watch the fireplace crackle.

The small town setting was perfect and Shane's writing whisked me away. It was the perfect escape. I loved Ally as a character. I could relate to her so much and she has such a kind soul! I think my favourite part, besides the romance, were all the dogs! I am very much a dog person so reading this just made my heart melt in the best way! They were all so stinking cute and I couldn't get enough. The side characters were engaging and the festive Christmas vibes were perfect!

All in all, this is the best Christmas romance I've read in a long time!
Super sweet, everything you want from a Hallmark-movie-esque holiday romance. Nice and "clean" and an absolutely safe bet/solid rec for your fans of gentler stories.
Should I have read this book at Christmas? Yes, 100% yes! Did I still enjoy it in March? Absolutely!
You know from the title alone that this is going to be a super cute read, after all the only thing that can make a romance even better is adding dogs right? But actually, I loved this one even more than I thought I would!
The writing was fantastic; the characters were well developed, I was pulled into the story right from the first chapter and I couldn’t put it down. I really didn’t want it to end as it gave me a lovely escape at a time when it was very much needed.
While this would make a fantastic Christmas read I highly recommend not waiting for the holidays and just picking it up now!
Who doesn’t love a holiday book about dogs?! This was the perfect book at the perfect time for me. I recommend to anyone who is in a book slump or needs a pick me up in between those heavy, dark thrillers we all know and love!!
Thanks to Netgalley for an eARC in exchange for an honest review

First of all, I cannot resist a book about a dog shelter. I am a huge supporter of animal rescue and knew this book would be one I would enjoy, and I was so right. I didn't want it to end. I thought it was really well written, made me smile, but also brought tears to my eyes at one point. It deals with loss, creating a sense of family, and searching for where you belong.  I loved the characters, the clever ideas for promoting animal adoption, the small town Christmas feeling, and the will-they-or-won't-they love story.

I especially loved the dogs and their adoption stories. I so badly want to adopt Partridge! I'm very excited that this is the first book of a series and I can't wait for the next one. If you love Christmas romance and dogs as much as I do, then you seriously need to go out and buy this book right now!
If you are looking for a really good Christmas romance story filled with small town humor and characters then you will really enjoy this book.  It had a very good balance of drama, emotion and humor which made it a winner for me.  Add to that some cute dogs and you've got a very entertaining read.  I loved this Christmas romance story and will definitely check out more books from this author.
The first book in the Pine Hollow series is a lighthearted,feel-good holiday read.
Ben West is one of those characters who your opinion changes about him as time goes on.
He has so many responsibilities including city council,school bake sale duties and the big one raising his young niece after her parents death.
His stress level is high as he tries to balance all his duties.
Ally will do whatever it takes to help her grandparents run their dog shelter including moving out of state to be with them to run things when her grandmother gets hurt.
I loved how the small town was described , very appealing. I want to move there and adopt the adorable dogs. Fun read I enjoyed. Looking forward to another book in this series.

Published September 29th 2020 by Forever
I was given a complimentary copy of this book. Thank you.
All opinions expressed are my own.
I am obviously biased but I enjoyed this very much! Am excited for more cute dog books, particularly the next one.