Cover Image: Little Deadly Secrets

Little Deadly Secrets

Good read , suspense , lots of secrets between these three friends , kept me engaged, page turner for sure!
Little Deadly Secrets is a captivating domestic thriller about three friends bonded for life by a secret. And who doesn't love a book with secrets? I was hooked early on in the story and loved every minute of it. This was my first book by Pamela Crane. I'm definitely going to check out her others. Thanks so much to William Morrow and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for an honest review.
What a fascinating book. I was impressed by the storyline and the characters were all well written and complex. Where there are complex storylines combined with intriguing characters the reader experience is magnified tremendously. To have a book that is well written as well as entertaining is a delight. Reading is about escaping your world and entering another one. Here I forgot about my own life and was immersed in the world created by the author. I would recommend this book.
3 stars. I know there's an audience for this book, it just didn't work for me. The pacing was not in my favor and it took me awhile to get through. Amazing cover art though!
MacKenzie, Robin, and Lily have been best friends since college! Their friendship has survived marriages, babies, and day to day life. Will it survive once the secrets they have kept hidden, start being exposed?

This was such an enjoyable read! You definitely get the drama that comes with 3 women being best friends! And it does not let up. So many secrets are exposed. Hidden issues in families are brought to light.

I loved the plot. It started off with a murder, but its not later in the book that you discover who is actually murdered. It goes from the 3 women's POV and starts 9 days before the murder. You really get to dwell into these women's lives and all the deep dark secrets.

Thank you to William Morrow for my copy for my honest opinion!
Twenty years ago while at college a friendship formed where Mackenzie, Robin, and Lily vowed to be <i>forever bound, through life and love, through thick and thin, until that day when death will win.</i> pg. 14

They thought that they knew everything about each other but that wasn't the case.  Each of them were broken and hiding secrets that could destroy the bond that they created in college.  Could they come clean?  Would they finally tell all?  Would the friendship survive?  Lies, betrayals, abuse, addiction, and even murder, will test this friendship.

I was hooked with the first chapter.  I connected with the characters even though they all had flaws, some more than others.  The writing flowed and the pages kept turning with the suspense.  What I enjoyed the most was the dynamics between the three women and their loyalty, even through the toughest times.  I did figure out some of the aspects in the story but there were others that totally surprised me.

This was the first book I read by this author and looking forward to future works.
The was a wonderful read. Beautifully written, a story of three women and there relationship throughout life. The secrets, the lies, and how they could never be torn apart. A very engaging read, I could not put the book down.
Thank you William Morrow and Net Galley for the ARC.
This one reminded me a lot of a Liane Moriarity book, but better. I read the entire thing in one sitting because I just had to know what happened next, which is very hard to do with a toddler. Can’t wait for the next one.
Domestic suspense that takes you on a thrill ride! Three best friends, but are they really? Definitely had me on the edge of my seat throughout.
This book is great! Would definitely recommend. Thanks so much to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC.
1 star
Wow, these are the friends you have surrounded yourself with for the last 20 years? I was sucked in for the first 20% of the book but then it just started to fade. I could not keep up with the multiple lies and garbage going on in these women's lives. I found myself struggling to care and starting to skim the book so I just gave up about 50% of the way through.
I do not recommend this book.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley. The views given are my own.
This was one twisty, crazy roller coaster ride of a book. I love the secrets and lies aspects of thrillers and whew…this book gave me more than my fill.

3 best friends: Mackenzie, Robin, and Lily
Mackenzie is married with a 15 year old daughter Aria.
Robin is married to Grant with 3 kids, but she is hiding their financial trouble from her husband.
Lily is separated with no kids, but she is addicted to pills and consuming too much alcohol.

The book starts with a husband asleep in bed, his wife is standing over him with a knife to his throat. Then the timeline shifts back 9 days to show the reader what lead up to that moment. The story alternates between all 3 women’s POV and we get occasional chapters from other family members.
You don’t know whose husband it is in the opening chapter so you spend the whole book trying to figure out who it is. They all have messy lives, they’re all lying, covering things up, and turning on each other when an issue pops up between 2 of the teenage kids.

I don’t want to give away too much but this was a well written, completely bingeable thriller. I got Desperate Housewives and Big Little Lies vibes while reading it. I didn’t love any of the characters but I think that’s the point in this type of book.

A solid 4 star read. Thank you @netgalley and @williammorrow for an advanced digital copy of the book for my review.
I almost gave up on this one, but in the end I’m glad I read it. A lot of characters thrown at you all at once and it was slow to start. But then it picks up and turns out to be a pretty decent read. Then the author throws in some twists that just aren’t so believable. Overall, glad I read this one, it had its moments.
I loved Little Deadly Secrets! This book was twisty with some heavier elements that I wasn't expecting but I loved how it all tied together.

What I liked:
-story of three friends & their families that get intertwined in ways you never except
-multiple POV
-short chapters
-lots of twists
-LDS deals with drug addiction, abuse, rape, and more

What I didn't like:
-Mackenzie had ZERO backbone. She eventually grew one me but I struggled with her character

I would recommend this if you love a good domestic thriller! Thank you Pamela Crane for my copy to review - definitely a book I'll be thinking about for a long time.
Little Deadly Secrets by Pamela Crane was a wild story! I normally only read thrillers and this is more of a domestic thriller. I very much enjoyed getting to know all of the 3 main characters. Lily, Mackenzie, and Robin all met in college and have stayed best friends. Lily is separated from her husband but the other two are married and have kids. Each one has a “deadly” secret. The story started a little slow as I tried to sort out who was who. Then it picked up with a fury and was so exciting! I will definitely read more by this author. Fans of Big Little Lies will love this book. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the advanced copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
Whew, that was a rollercoaster ride! Little Deadly Secrets reminded me of a book I read last year that I also loved, What You Did by Claire McGowan, if you’re looking for another book in the same vein. So many heartbreaking events that spiraled out into conclusions I didn’t see coming. It grabs you from the beginning and is a thrilling ride until the very end. Really only one thing was slightly irritating with the entire book – the nonchalant way several characters discussed murder. Not just like “ha, we totally could do *insert murder weapon/instance of choice*” but people you wouldn’t even expect join on the murder train – it was a little off.

Of the three friends, the one I had the most difficulty connecting with was Lily. As a wife and mother, there were numerous truths and feelings from both Mac and Robin that I shared. The events of the book are a perfect storm, which feeds on itself until it can’t anymore and spirals apart into several frayed lives. I would not want to live their lives but it really does highlight just how much people are willing to endure for their friends and how twisted and how twisted and ugly life can get. Few characters remain unscathed in this twisty and drama-filled journey.

I would highly recommend Little Deadly Secrets to readers who enjoy murder, mystery, and domestic drama. A huge thank you to William Morrow, NetGalley, and Pamela Crane for the opportunity to read this whirlwind of a book – all opinions are my own.
I enjoyed this book.  This is my first book by this author and I will be looking for more from them.  This is a suspenseful story that I had a hard time putting down.  I had no problems connecting with the characters as they brought the story to life.  They made the story engaging and easy to read.  The twists and turns left me turning pages fast just waiting to see what happens next.  This is a well written story that I highly recommend.  I dont regret picking up this book and niether will you.
Mackenzie, Robin, and Lily have been inseparable forever, sharing life’s ups and downs and growing even closer as the years have gone by. They know everything about each other or so they believe.  They each have families of their own.  There is an incident between  Robin’s son and Mackenzie’s daughter that could potentially jeopardize Mackenzie’s relationship with Robin.  This is filled with a lot of secrets, some parts are predictable, but overall a suspenseful and intense story!  Thank you to William Morrow, Pamela  Dane, and NetGalley for an ebook ARC.  This is my honest review.
I think that this is the fastest that I have read a book in a long time.  Once I got into it, I honestly couldn’t put it down.  The first third or so of the book was like a visit down Memory Lane to Peyton Place, for anyone old enough to remember that book.  There is a lot of scandal and angst and drama...a lot!  Three college friends live near each other and share secrets with each other, some left over from their college days.  Robin is married to pediatrician Grant and has four children.  Robin has a hole in her heart that she tries to fill with shopping.  Lily is separated from the love of her life and tries to fill the hole in her heart with pills.  Finally, Mackenzie has a secret in her life that is too hard to share but even more difficult to hide.  She tries to fill the hole in her heart by pretending that it doesn’t exist.  At first, as I was reading this book, I felt like I was reading some kind of pulp fiction that would normally not appeal to me.  But I discovered as I read more that Pamela Crane has created a deeply moving book about themes that all women may face sometime in their lives, whether personally or with a family member.  The theme of enduring friendship resonated throughout the book as did the secrecy that could not be maintained forever.  I must say that I did not expect to enjoy this novel, but I did.  I really did!  The salacious details were not so graphically described that they were off-putting to me.  They were a part of a story that was creatively and skillfully woven so that hidden details were revealed little by little.  Upon completing the story of these three friends, I wanted more, which to me is the sign of a really good book.  Fans of women’s fiction will want to grab this book and devour it, just as I did.
Disclaimer
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from William Morrow Books via Netgalley.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255, “Guides Concerning the Use of Testimonials and Endorsements in Advertising.”
This story was easy to read and engaging. I recommend to anyone who enjoys a good book. I was sad to see it end and I look forward to seeing what else I can find from this author.