Cover Image: Teen Killers Club

Teen Killers Club

I was unable to finish this book and thus will not be posting a full review to my blog.  Although the premise of this book sounded interesting, the details were rather scant in the build-up of the book.  I found the plot to be extremely devoid of any factual basis so much so that it was difficult to read.  I think this book probably touches upon very important subjects but the combination of the writing and story were not for me. Thank you for your consideration.
this was a really good read, the characters were great and I really enjoyed the mystery in the novel. I look forward to more from the author.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I highly recommend it for anyone who is a fan of YA, thrillers, and mysteries. It's fun, fast-paced, and so entertaining. It's a perfect fall/winter read. I also found Sparks' writing to be very well done. The plot twists are also pretty believable and not out of left field. It's awesome!
I do not have much to say on this book except that the writing was done exceptionally, the plot was very interesting and unique, and the characters... THE CHARACTERS!
I gained a liking for every one of these characters at at least one point of the book, and I loved how the author chose to show everyone's bad and good sides. I also liked how we saw the strengths of each character in their situations and settings, as we saw their physical strengths and problem-solving skills. I have actually never read a novel with quite the same plot point as this one. I hope that I will be able to read more novels like this one to gain perspectives on prison systems worldwide, and in dystopian societies!
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to read an advanced copy of this book!
3.5/5 Stars!

Thank you netgalley for this arc! I’m so glad I got to read this wildly unique and twist-filled thriller. There were a couple aspects that I had trouble connecting too, but overall I enjoyed this book!

The idea of the plot overall was such a unique concept, which is what originally drew me in. The beginning threw us right into the action, which made total sense but also took a little away from me getting to know the main character and what she was like before imprisonment. I had a little trouble understanding her, which made the romance subplot also a little lacking for me. What kept me interested throughout the novel was that the plot kept going in places I could never have expected!! I loved the author’s creativity! I also highly enjoyed the fact that this book was about a subject where morality and criminal justice could be explored. I always love a book that makes me think and this one did that for sure. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a unique take on the YA thriller genre!

I posted this review on my bookstagram account @mayahlwrites on October 10th.
Wow, what a great read! I highly recommend Teen Killers Club if you enjoy YA novels that include mystery, adventure, and romance. I am hoping that there is a sequel to this in the future! Give this book a try, you will not be disappointed!!
What a premise! A teen assassin program. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It was well paced, exciting, and there was just enough romance for me. I must say I was quite surprised with some of the plot twists, and cannot wait for it to come out so I can recommend it to students!!
Signal Deere was framed for the murder of her best friend, but most people think she's the brutal Girl from Hell--even in prison. But she knows she can't keep up the act for long, so when she's recruited to a mysterious initiative for Class A teens (deemed irredeemable by society), she jumps at the chance. That's when she learns she's been sent to a camp to train teen murderers to assassinate targets off the grid.

For a book so heavy on death and dying, it feels almost wrong to say it, but TEEN KILLERS CLUB was just so fun. Sparks has a way of creating a whole host of likeable characters, and the core mystery keeps you guessing right until the end. The only thing that keeps me from giving the book five stars is that the wrap-up was a bit too quick for me. You never really get the main characters' reactions to the Big Reveal, and the ending was a bit too quick after the story's climax. Still, this is one I'll absolutely buy and recommend to anyone looking for a fun thriller.
This YA was unique, as it was about a group of teen killers that are training to become assassins. The only caveat? Our protagonist Signal Deere didn’t kill her best friend, although she was framed for her murder. She’s innocent. The group is taken to a camp where they must train to take out other murderers, and the cast of characters we get are all uniquely different from one another. I really enjoyed the fast neck break pace, there was never a dull moment! Yes, the book is a little campy but once I found out that the author had penned the script for the new Heathers TV show (that sadly never aired) it all made sense. If you can simply sit back and enjoy the ride, then you’ll find this book entertaining, if you happen to nit-pick about how credible it could all be, then you Downer Debbie are gonna be sourly disappointed! The murder mystery was fun and the twist was something I didn’t suspect and it actually worked (I despise twists that just come out of the left-wing with no context). And for being someone that always complains about how books end, this one actually ended with a bang!

I couldn’t recommend this book enough if you love thrillers with a satirical spin.
Thankyou Netgalley and Crookedlanebooks for providing me with an ecopy of this book in return for an honest review
I had a blast reading this book!! It's a YA Thriller about a summer camp where teens(called as Class A's) who are sentenced to death are trained to be assassins for the government
I had zero expectations when i started this book and then it got impossible for me to put it down!! I had read this in three sittings and everytime i had to stop in the middle of the chapter cause if i end it i know i would go to the next chapter instantly
It's a page turner with a unique concept and i was surprised to know that this is her debut novel i mean she knows how to write a perfectly gripping story!!
Loved all the teammates!! Every one had their own part in the story and also had a different personality which made them unforgettable..
My favourite of all was Erik(another fictional character I'm in love with) and the protagonist Signal(her name) an introvert,shy and self conscious teen who goes to any length if it's the matter of her loved ones
The love triangle between Erik,Signal and Javier was entertaining and loved the way it ended(hate to love trope are the best)
The twist about the murder mystery was mind-blowing it hit me when i least expected it!! There's so much to know about some team members and they are not safe yet so i guess there'll be a sequel (really hope so)
Don't start this book at night cause you may end up finishing it
This story is a mix of "Suicide squad" and "Maze runner"(just the bonding of teens) so if you love those movies you'll love this book
Kind of a book i wanted to read after "Bunny"  and i hope someday this book would be adapted into a movie/series
Finally, a solid five star read for me
A book about about a camp where a bunch of teens get taught how to get away with murder? Not something I knew I needed until now.

Overall, I really enjoyed Teen Killers Club. The characters are all very interesting and very flawed, none of them coming off as perfect like I feel like a lot of ya characters do. The descriptions are great like the image of the camp was painted wonderfully and I now know a bunch of things about getting a way with murder that I didn't know before.

The world in general is very interesting with people being put into Classes. The teen killers club is made up of Class A which means they are the worst and most of them have a count for how many people they've killed. I also liked how the story unfolded for the teen killers club and when the truth came out about what they were truly up to.

Like any book, there were a few things I didn't like and with this one, it was the romance for me. It felt very juvenile. I know that they are teens but I do believe the age range for them was like 17 to 18 and the way the " relationships " were going felt more 14 to 15 to me. The love triangle also felt unnecessary.

Despite not liking the romantic aspects all that much, there was a quote that I did enjoy from it " I see the angel and I want to set her free " and if there were a sequel, I would be interested in seeing what happens with this couple.
What happens when you wake up and find your best friend's body dead in your arms? If you are Signal Deere, you find yourself with a new nickname "Girl from Hell" and found guilty of murder.  Signal Deere is innocent but now is being treated as a Class A killer and along with a group of other teens who are in fact real murderers and serial killers, she has been sent to a camp. The camp is known to train the killers into assassins and hunt down those guilty of crimes or about to commit crimes in the future and have slipped between the cracks. At this camp, the teens will go through a series of tests, what happens though when given the chance Signal discovers with the help of Eric, etc what happened to Rose and who killed her? Will Signal be able to prove her innocence or will it end up being a lost cause especially now that the whole world has already made up their mind and painted her the bad girl? Find out in this fun teen assassins book which reminded me of Sophie Jordan's series Univited which had a similar storyline of potential killers at a camp based area. Perfect for those readers who love spy novels, assassins, and thrillers/ murder mysteries.
Let me tell you something: Lily Sparks knows how to write an engaging story.

I requested Teen Killers Club because I thought the cover was beautiful. I honestly did not expect that this would be one of my favorites of all time. This book managed to take me back to my teenager self, when I had just started reading fiction, I felt all the feels: I laughed, I cried, and then finished the book with a heartwarming sensation.

This is Signal's story. She goes to jail for killing her best friend, but she doesn't have any memories from the night of the crime. After going to prison, she takes a test that measures her level of danger in society, and the result is the highest level of all (Class A). That means she'll never be able to have a normal life again and she's given two options: staying in prison forever or going to camp where she'll train to be an assassin, among other Class A teenagers.

I love stories set in camps because they're a lot of fun and this one, besides its morbidity, was the funniest of all. Exactly for being YA, but having a theme as serious as death, this could be read at any age and still be enjoyable. It's been a long time since I've been as enthralled: the characters were incredible, all chapters end right in the middle of a scene (which made me think "just one more chapter" multiple times), the plot had plenty of twists and the mystery was extremely well put together.

One of the most surprising reads I've ever had and I can't recommend it enough. It comes out in November, so I say: preorder it RIGHT NOW!
I'm not sure what this says about me, but a camp that trains teens to be assassins had me requesting this before even reading the whole description.

The action begins almost immediately as Signal and another teen are introduced to the other campers.  For convicted murderers who have the most dangerous and manipulative criminal profiles, most of them seem so...nice.  Having been framed for a murder and lacking even a hint of a killer instinct, Signal is absolutely a fish out of water and is pretty helpless with the assigned tasks.  Speaking of tasks, the first one how to dispose of a body without it being detected - and that's when I was all in.  Bizarre?  Absolutely.  But a practical skill for assassins.

I'd expected the teens to be sent out on missions pretty early in the story, but they don't happen until the last part of the book.  The rest of the time is spent on training, trying to recover Signal's sketchy memories of the murder she was accused of, strange happenings around camp, and a prominent love triangle.  I'm generally not a fan of this trope and honestly didn't see the need for it, but that's just me and a personal preference.  Other reviewers seemed to enjoy it.

With an action-packed, brisk ending, don't look away or you'll miss some things.  I suspended my disbelief with the big reveal as some of it seemed to come out of left field, but I was also frustrated because many questions are left unanswered, particularly one central character's backstory.  It's set up perfectly for a sequel, but nothing in the title indicates one is in the works.

Dark, cultish, action-packed, and morally gray, Teen Killers Club is an engrossing read - just maybe not the best selection for more squeamish readers.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.  Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
A bit on the dark side. Signal is convicted for murdering her best friend but she doesn't remember that night. In order to lessen her time in jail, she agrees to become a teen assassin. There she meets an interesting crew of other teen murderers who accept her as one of their own. YAs will be interested in the topic and drawn to the story.
Teen Killer Club was one of those novels which I could not decide whether I liked or not, and in the end found it rather irritating. Perhaps this was because at its core it is built around such an old idea; turning kids with problems into psycho killers. Since the 1960s film The Dirty Dozen this idea has been played out in so many different films and more recently kids books, probably aimed at kids slightly younger than the teen audience of this. So instead of turning kids into spies like in Anthony Horowitz (Alex Ryder) or Robert Muchamore (CHERUBS) convicted teen killers are offered the change of freedom (with a kill switch) if they do 'messy' kill, so as to throw the suspicion away from the government.

The main character is a confused (but very engaging) 17 year old girl called Signal who has been convicted of killing her best friend, but her memory is foggy and it is obvious she is innocent. Way too much time is spent in the training camp and I found this relatively dull and I'm sure teen readers might too. There is limited action, all the characters are dysfunctional and the programme they follow was uninspiring. These killers are called 'Class A' and sadly there is another book already called 'Class A' which features teenage spies, so that was a bit similar.

The action picks up when it moves away from camp but it was little too late as Signal tackles a cult and a former Class A himself. It promises a sequel - which I will not be reading. I'll be amazed if a teen audience connect with this book.
I enjoyed this book a lot!
I love thrillers but there aren't many great YA thrillers I've read in a long time. This book delivered.
It's full of suspense, mystery and excitement. It keeps you invested in the story at all times and I was glued to my book until I devoured it.
Thanks to Lily Sparks, Netgalley and Crooked Lane Books for this ARC :)

Well this book is like Deadly Class (TV SERIE) plus Nancy Drew mystery' s. ❤

Teen Killers Club is about a teenager girl, Signal who is accused of killing her bff, but Signal doesn't remember anything about that night. Signal is also a class A, which mean that her personality is psychopathic or similar.
“Class As can’t be fixed. Can’t be rehabilitated. Heck, you don’t even feel remorse, do you?”
Signal is condemned to a long prison sentence but a man give him a choice: Learning to kill and do it for his organization or go to jail.
“I guess you don’t get newspapers in Diagnostics, but it passed the Senate last month: appeals from Class As will no longer be heard in court. Class As are no longer eligible for parole.” With this sentence Signal choose her fate and enters a new world.

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT TEEN KILLERS CLUB:
- Chapter One, absolutely stunning.

Prison is a lot like high school. The same institutional beige hallways, the same long hours of sitting in forced silence , and the same rigid social pyramid of cliques upon which your life depends. In both prison and high school, I’ve been a total loner.

This was the first paragraph, an amazing introduction to a character I would learnt to love.

- Signal, she is a lonely emo girl who is loyal, brave and a bit naive, she looks like someone who could kill but is a cinnamon roll, so soft and just want a friend.

- The Teen Killers club: I love every single one but I have a preference for Eric and Nobody, they are so different but everyone has an underlying story that make you empathize with them. I love grey moral characters and every single one of them are "bad" and "good" at the same time. Theirs dynamics are awesome.

- I love the interactions between Signal and Eric, they make you feel Signal though and you don't know what parts are real but Eric is so charismatic.

- My favourite part of the book is LIGHT SPOILER: (Don't read) The cult, that part is WOOOOH, the leader explained a lot of things and there are a lot of tension.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE SO MUCH:

- The Class A thing: I really like the idea of the test and the fear around class A but I thing is not really explained, it would be could to expand this in the second book (BECAUSE I NEED A SECOND BOOK)

-  The teen killers club: The author doesn't gave profundity to the partners of Signal, but I love them either way. I wish that in the second book, they show they backgrounds better to understand better the motivation of the characters.

PERSONAL OPINION:

I really enjoy this book, I would give him a 3.75/5; I thing the final part is a bit fast and they used a new character to give a plot twist about everything that you had read but it also make sense.
Teen Killers Club is an amazing debut by author Lily Sparks. It features Signal who is framed for the murder of her best friends and then offered a deal, which she takes and ends up finding herself at a place where she must train to become an assassin. The writing is VIVID and really draws in the reader. The plot was fun and explained very well. The characters feel real and authentic - very well developed. I can't wait to read the ebst book and see what happens!
Thank you to NetGalley and Crooked Lane Publishing for an advanced copy of this!

Now, where do I start with this. This book was...really unexpected. I didn’t expect it to be so emotional or enjoy it as much as I did! I loved Signal as a character, and Nobody who I think was my absolute favorite.

The only complaint I have is the ending. It felt...incomplete? I guess, would be the word, or maybe just unsatisfying. It’s not the ending I WANTED, per say, but I think it’s the only logical ending. It made me want to cry and scream at the same time, and want a second book now and I’m sad we don’t get to know what happened. Other than that, this book is awesome. It had a pretty little liars meets oitnb vibe, which weirdly worked.