Cover Image: Pirate's Persuasion

Pirate's Persuasion

This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Lots of drama and intrigue in this romance with so many different paranormal events that sometimes it was overwhelming but the romance between Drake and Heather was so beautiful.

So hard not to give away any secrets as it would ruin final reveals of secrets!

I loved that we saw a lot of the other pirates from previous books and kind of interesting that each couple chose differently when it came to drinking from the Grail.

Nice HEA!!
Pirate's Persuasion by Lisa Kessler is the fourth book in the Sentinels of Savannah series. I have not read the previous books, but each is able to be read on its own, although the previous knowledge returning readers have of the character and world-building would definitely make for a more satisfying read.

Immortal pirate Drake Cole has a reputation in Savannah for his custom woodworking and historical restorations, but his work has grown into an obsession. He's become a stranger to his crew since the Sea Dog sank in 1795. None of them know his painful secret. A young stowaway went down with the ship, one that Drake swore a blood oath to protect. The ghost of a young boy, lost at sea over two hundred years ago, leads local medium, Heather Storrey right to Drake’s door. He saved her life before, and now she has a chance to return the favor, but how can she protect him from a curse that no one can see? A dark coven possesses the figurehead from the Flying Dutchman, and if Heather and the immortal Sea Dog crew don't locate the relic soon, Drake may be lost to them forever. Heather has seen the passionate man behind the veil of guilt, and she's determined to free him from his self-imposed prison, and persuade this pirate to love again.

Pirate's Persuasion is a solid story. Despite not having read the previous books I was able to get a full understanding of Drake and Heather, and how they each struggled with their relationship. I liked seeing their story, and I thought the variety of emotional scars they both come into the story with made their happiness so much more engaging. I was able to catch up on the larger story line about the rest of the pirate crew and the paranormal setup in Savannah, but I think returning readers will really enjoy seeing that story line come to a head and play out. I thought the danger level was good, the dose of deception and darkness was good, and the heat level was on point. I really liked that I got to see the story through the eyes of several characters, it gave me a much better understanding of the bigger picture. However, I think because I missed out on the previous books that I was not quite as invested in the story as returning readers might be. I was intrigued by the characters, and would like to read more about many of the secondary characters- and just might go bad to start this series from the beginning.

Pirate's Persuasion was a well written romance, with a solid dose of suspense and danger. I think fans of the series will enjoy it much more than newcomers without investment in the larger story line and cast of characters.
I received a copy this ebook in exchange for a review.

This books are like pringles. Once you start you cant stop. And Yes I did just read all four of these books this month! While you can read them as a standalone I highly recommend you check out the whole series!

I enjoyed this installment but it felt a little rushed. I wanted more about Heather’s gift, family, and past. Drake was pretty great and I enjoyed the little bit of backstory we get from him.

I am sooooo interested in Captain Flynn’s story. I need to know more!!! I love the idea the Pirates working with the DigiRobins and that’s how they get their pirating fix. I’ve seriously enjoyed this series and plan to check more books by this author
Well wow!  This was my first book by this author and the first of this standalone series, Sentinels of Savannah.  And I honestly have already started downloading the three books prior to this one!  I love those stories that marry the past, such as pirates, with the present or even future, and this book does that seamlessly.  It held my interest from beginning to end.

There were many things to love about this book, the two main characters were a huge part of that.  Drake is an immortal sea captain - yeah, you read that right!  This book combines romance and the supernatural beautifully.  Drake is trying to overcome a loss from long ago that's haunting him(literally!).  He's desperate to resolve the past and find a life he doesn't even think he's worthy of.

Heather is our heroine, coming from a long line of women with unique gifts,  Heather is a true medium, sorting out hauntings one by one, until she meets a little ghostly boy that sends her to Drake.  Luckily she's already met Drake in one of the previous books when he jumped in front of a bullet meant for her, saving her life.

Here's a chance to repay that favor and relive the sparks they have had each time.  They both have some hurts from the past to overcome and together they will hopefully be able to do just that.  Along the way of their discovery, they will be working on recovering a lost relic, a figurehead from his first ship many, many years ago.  But beyond their emotional journey there is evil dark magic also trying to race them to the prize.

This was a great read and I can't wait to see what else this author has created.  It's not often you find an author that can tell an amazing story but also inject some really smooth humor that fits without trying to shove it in the narrative.  Grab this book!  It's worth it!

These are my own opinions/views given freely.
Pirate’s Persuasion is the 4th book in the Sentinels of Savannah series, which began with Magnolia Mystic. And that’s probably where you should start if you haven’t already met the crew of the Sea Dog. (You don’t really HAVE to, but you probably should read at least the first one first!)

You would think a story about pirates would be historical romance, but this isn’t. And you would think that a series about immortals still living in a haunted city would be about vampires, but that’s not what’s happening here either.

Instead, the crew of the Sea Dog managed to miss their scheduled trip to Davy Jones’ Locker back in 1795 by having drunk from the Holy Grail not long before their ship went down off the coast of Savannah.

Yes, that Grail. It’s been around. And it still is, as the events of this series have shown.

Over the centuries immortality has turned out to be as much of a curse as blessing, although not so much of a curse that any of them are willing to give it up – at least not without a greater blessing to counterbalance the effects of mortality.

As this book opens, three of the members of the Sea Dog’s crew have found their happily ever after with women tangentially connected to the paranormal and supernatural community of Savannah. Some of the couples have chosen immortality together, while others have chosen mortality together.

The together part being the entire point.

Ship’s carpenter Drake Cole has found immortality more of a burden than the others, but still chose not to give it up when faced with the choice in Pirate’s Passion. But Drake left too much behind in 1795 to live easily in the 21st century, and both come back to haunt him, literally and figuratively, in the course of this story.

The old Sea Dog had a stowaway back in 1795, Drake’s nephew Thomas. When the ship went down, Drake believed that they would die together, only for Drake to wash up on shore with the rest of the crew, and for the boy to meet Davy Jones alone. Drake has never gotten past his guilt for bringing the child aboard – and for not dying with him.

He also left the woman he loved behind in England when the Sea Dog set sail, and he’s never gotten over that loss.

His past catches up with him and tries to drag him under when a beautiful woman who talks to the dead tells him that his nephew asked her to pass on the message that his uncle was in danger, here and now, from someone very much alive.

Someone with seriously nefarious plans to ruin both Drake and the woman who has always held his heart – life after life after life.

Unless death manages to come for them both.

Escape Rating B: The premise behind this series is still an absolute hoot. On the one hand we have those immortal pirates. And who doesn’t love a good pirate romance? On the other hand, we have, well, the 21st century in which they are still living. On my third hand (call me an octopus for this one) we have not just the Holy Grail that gave the crew their immortality, but also other ancient and extremely powerful artifacts, like Pandora’s Box featured in Pirate’s Pleasure, and the figurehead of Davy Jones’ ship, The Flying Dutchman, in this story.

And on my fourth hand, we have Agent David Bale of Department 13, the government agency that deals with the paranormal, the legendary, the supernatural, and all of the other dangerous objects that need to be locked up in Warehouse 13 or Area 51. Last, but not least, we have the Digi Robins, a group of sometimes white hat but mostly black hat hackers who comb the dark web looking for priceless objects to steal – so that they can use the proceeds to help people with expensive medical problems who are all out of options.

Five points make a pentagram, which is pretty apt for this story, as it mixes the immortals with a beautiful medium who can talk to the dead and a coven of witches who plans to use the figurehead of Davy Jones’ ship to control the spirits of the dead. And at the center, a witch who will use any means available to get her revenge on everyone she thinks owes her – especially her sister and the pirate she loves.

Like the previous entries in this series, there’s a lot going on between all of the various elements. But the center of this one is medium Heather Storrey. She thinks she’s just taking a warning from a ghost to the family he left behind, only to eventually figure out that she’s been at the center of a dastardly plot all along.

I have to admit that while I love this series and it’s blend of the historical, the contemporary and the supernatural, Heather’s part in this story gave me a bit of a fit. I liked her as a person, I loved her relationship with Drake, and I’ve always enjoyed the camaraderie of the Sea Dog’s crew, but it felt obvious at least to this reader that her sister was the evil witch (literally) at the heart of the whole plot, that she had been after Heather all along, and that Heather was way too naive about their entire relationship. It may have been a case of hope over experience, but I really wanted to hit Heather with a clue-by-four a little too early on. And that spoiled the suspense aspects of the plot for me.

So, while I did enjoy the story, and I liked the way it moved the entire arc of the Sea Dog’s crew forwards, Heather is not my favorite of the heroines so far. That doesn’t mean I won’t be back, waiting on the dock for the next time the Sea Dog comes to port – because I definitely will.
Drake and Heather brought together by a supernatural force to solve the mystery and quest.  Be sure you gage a comfortable place to settle in due to being impossible to put this one down .
Ebook from netgalley and publishers with thanks.  Opinions are entirely my own.
This is the fourth book in the series about a crew of immortal pirates from the 17th century, who now find themselves living and loving in the 21st century. These books are the tales of how each crew member finds love and a renewed joy for living, while putting their pirate skills to good use.

The crew also has a replica of their original ship, The Sea Dog, built lovingly and determinedly by the hands of Drake Cole, the ship’s carpenter. Drake has spent most of the past 200 plus years working tirelessly with his hands to keep himself distracted from the devastation in his heart and soul. He has endured many losses as time carried him away from those he loved and promised, and bitterly failed, to protect. For all his external successes as a renowned woodworker and restorer, his internal battles have left him lost and desperate for a way to cleanse his soul of the stains of dishonour it bears.

Heather Storrey is an albino woman and medium, from a family of gifted women who have been born and raised in Savannah for centuries. She has been a part of the second and third books in the series; a tool Agent Bale uses to reconnect with an informant and friend. She met Drake when he saved her life by stepping in front of her to protect her from a madman’s bullet and when she is given an opportunity to repay that favor, she knows it is imperative that she see Drake again.

From the moment these two met there was an intense awareness between them; a recognition of souls that neither was prepared for. As we learn more about the mysterious figurehead and the dangerous dark magic practitioner that seeks to control it, these two spend precious time discovering the true meaning of family and that love means no secrets. Drake finally realizes that if he doesn’t forgive himself for the choices he made, choices that lead to broken promises and a lifetime of guilt, the future he so desperately needs will never be. And as Heather faces some hard truths, she finally realizes that real love is always worth fighting for no matter who the opponent is.

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.
Nothing compares to self condemnation... nothing except true love.

***I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review.***
Eternity is a long time to carry guilt and be alone. Drake Cole has been carrying the loss of his nephew in his heart since the boy died on the Sea Dog long ago.  Now the ghost of his nephew is back and trying to save Drake. Medium Heather Storrey is the one who has been delivering the messages. But it is the love they share that will save or destroy him. I was enthralled by this story. Heather is unique in looks and personality. She is the balm to Drakes troubled soul. I ached for these two and was thrilled for their HEA.
In this one you find it a bit different than the proceeding ones. It had a little bit more mystic along with it also. Drake has a deep secret one that at times tears at him but now a ghost will bring him together with Heather and on a mission they will be. One that will have a time limit and as readers get into this we are pulled in and to the edge. It is not easy but this author gives us a emotional journey that if it is not accomplished we will be crying over Drake. The romance also is churning as this author can have us going agaga. With it also having all the elements of a good paranormal this one will take you hostage until the end.
Book for of the Sentinels of Savannah series a well written story with a very good storyline the story flowed smoothly across the pages. Do not read this book at bedtime, as once I started I was not putting it down, shall we say good morning next day! Immortal pirate Drake Cole and local medium, Heather Storrey's story there is suspense, drama, danger, a villain, twists, turns, immortals, the figurehead from the Flying Dutchman, and romance. I want to read the next book. I received a copy of this book via NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Welcome back to Savannah and the men of the Sea Dog.   This is Drake's story , He has become a great wood worker in Savannah but it has become an obsession to him . He has back away from the crew and best friends . His dark secret too painful to tell anyone. Until the day the ghost of a young boy brings a beauty to his door . Heather Storrey a local medium , was saved by Drake once before now maybe she can return the favor and save his life from the curse that has been hounding him .  She and the Sea Dog crew are on a search for a relic that a dark coven has taken from Davey Jones locker . They are up against it , they need to find out what is going on before they loose Drake forever  Will they come out with their love intact or will the curse take them down .

This being the fourth book in the series you will know most of the characters . Drake is the strong silent type . He is a man haunted by the tragedies of his past and is closed off . There are moments in the book where you want to hug him and tell him things will be ok but the other 45 percent of the time you just want to smack him upside the head cause he is just being a stubborn fool. Heather is special , a medium and also a reincarnated soul. She is sweet and boy she is stubborn . She will do anything for the people she loves and will love with all her heart .  Like all her characters these two are so well written and complex you want them to have their happily ever after . The crew of the Sea Dog are back and they are all as feisty as ever,

This is the fourth book in the series and the the author doesn't let up on the action and the romance . Her characters are well written and complex and you will love them or actually hate them through out the book . I love the way the author can weave the tales of each couple but also keeps weaving the over all tale of the Sea Dog in each story .  This is a series that you can read over the summer at the beach or by the pool. So if you want a pirate of your own check it out , you will not be disappointed .
This is book 4 in the Sentinel's of Savannah series and while it could be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading the previous books before this one as a lot of the backstory is talked about previously and these characters met in the previous book. In this one we get Drake Cole and Heather Storrey's story. Drake is the carpenter for the ship and while since he became immortal he has become known for his custom wordworking and restorations. But he has never forgotten what happened when the ship sank or about the stowaway that went down with the ship. Heather is a medium who is trying to help Drake after she was warned that he was in danger. She never expects that she is a part of the people that are in danger. Nor does she expect to find someone that completes her in ways that she hadn't hoped or dreamed of in years. Now they have to keep each other safe while solving the mystery of what is happening.

I really liked this one! Heather is extremely likable and I was curious about her and her backstory after she popped up previously. And it definitely didn't disappoint! She is this woman who has strong convictions which she isn't afraid to voice or stick to if she believes it's the right thing to do. Drake is a man that has demon's and once you find out exactly what they are? Your heart will break for him. Mine did. But even though he has those demons, he is still a man with a heart of gold. He will fight for the ones that he loves, and do whatever he has to do in order to keep them safe. Especially after his past. These two compliment each other in ways that I certainly wasn't expecting, but I definitely loved. I can't wait to see where the rest of the crew's stories take us in this series! And here is to hoping that the captain can have some sort of turn around because right now I don't like him, but I have a feeling there is much more to him than what we have seen so far!
Heather, a medium, can talk to ghosts. That is how she reconnected with the man that saved her life. She meets Drake’s nephew who came forward with a warning that his uncle was in danger. Heather and Drake work together to end a curse.

There were a few twists in this story and I really like that. It keeps me on my toes. New characters are introduced and we meet up with old characters. This story arc keeps building and building.

This book can be read as a stand-alone but I think you would get more enjoyment from the story if the other books in the series are read first.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of this book
Pirate's Persuasion by Lisa Kessler is book 4 in the Sentinels of Savannah Series.  This is the story of Heather Storrey and Drake Cole.  I have read the previous books (loved them!) which added to my enjoyment of this book/series.  But, I did feel you could make it a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Drake and his crew are Immortal after a curse but they are in danger. Drake has guilt from the past that is working into is obsession that starts to worry the people around him. Heather is a medium that has come to help the spirits on the island.  This leads her to one spirit who says he is the nephew of Drake and wants to warm him of something to come.  Heather was saved by Drake earlier (in previous book) so she knows him and owes him a debt for that.  This leads Heather to start working with Drake to solve the mystery that will hopefully fix what is to come.  This whole series has been a very exciting read.  Enjoyed!
So....I sat down to read a few pages of this book before I started some chores. Hours later, the book was finished and my chores were still waiting. It just held my attention and I had to know what happened next. I mean with mystery, intrigue, some steam, witches, and immortal pirates...how could it not?!

I definitely recommend.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Entangled, via NetGalley. My thoughts and opinions are my own and without bias or favor.
This one was so easy to read and so enjoyable. Once I started it I couldn’t stop. It was uncomplicated and entertaining, and it had passionate and enjoyable characters who carried the plot really well. I read it in two days; I couldn’t put it down. Drake and Heather were great together and there was a perfect blend of highs and lows in their relationship to pull the reader in and keep me turning the pages and engrossed in their story. Loved every second and want more of the Pirates of Savannah!
While I read the first book in this series, I missed books 2 and 3, but with this I had no trouble catching back up.  And if you haven't read any others, have no fear, you can read this and still know what's going on :)

Drake and Heather were great together!  There were twists and turns and romance.  Everything I love in the books I read!
It's a pirate's life for me
This book is such a fantastic blend of the occult, immortal pirates and a love that transcends time.  The author really had so many different undercurrents going in this story and there are little bits that I am sure will be coming up again in the future.  It really kept the story moving and kept me invested until the very end.  But she did leave us with a HEA that is sure to make you cry, well it made me cry anyway.  I loved the characters and hope for only the best when it comes to their futures, and I guess I will include David in that as he seems to be a good guy under all of the gruff and in the need of his own HEA.  I don't know who the author intends to write about next, but I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
This was definitely worth the wait - what a fantastic addition to this enthralling series! Having said that, I believe it work well as a standalone, too. I was taken straight back into the action as the immortal pirates have another of their crew in danger and finding love on the way!

Drake Cole is an accomplished carpenter, mind you he's had more than two centuries to hone his skills. He is shocked when Heather Storrey tells him a ghost has claimed to be his nephew and asked her to warn him he's in danger. As that danger materialises, he has dire memories to face, love to discover and secrets to reveal - and so does Heather!

This is another engaging read that I really didn't want to put down till I'd finished it. Lisa Kessler brings her characters vividly to life and it really feels like you are present, witnessing the events unfold in your imagination as the story progresses. The dilemmas they face, decisions they make, family secrets they find, all have key roles to play in this fantastic paranormal romantic suspense. I really can't recommend it highly enough and can't wait to discover just who will be the next immortal pirate to find love and read more in this fascinating, fantasy, action packed series!

I requested and was gifted a copy of this book via NetGalley and this is my honest review after thoroughly enjoying reading it!