Cover Image: The Boy, the Wolf, and the Stars

The Boy, the Wolf, and the Stars

Thank you so much for allowing me to read this NetGalley copy. I loved the fantasy of this book. The story was a great read for students who have finished--and enjoyed--The Girl Who Drank the Moon. I will buy this book for my library, and promote it among my library colleagues and parents who are looking for titles to purchase for their children. I love the art on the cover. It will make it all the easier for me to promote this book.
The cover and blurb definitely drew me in for this one. I hadn't read read The Girl Who Drank the Moon or Nevermoor before requesting this so I didn't have much to go on. I will say that before starting this I did try to read The Girl Who Drank the Moon and I did dnf it so I was wary about starting this one because of that.

The layout is quite similar to The Girl Who Drank the Moon because before chapters there is a page or two about the history of the myths. I always find parts like that interesting so I did enjoy those pages.

Bo had best friend who was a fox named Nix. I mean, who doesn't love foxes? I wish I had a best friend that was a fox. He hasn't had the best childhood at it shows. He does have quite the development and I was happy to see that. The thing is, I never connected with him or the other characters in this book. I wasn't super intrigued by them or their quest. Don't get me wrong, they are great characters and I can see this being a very enjoyable read for the intended audience.

I would say that the plot is cool and I did like aspects of it. The ending wrapped up nicely which is good to see in a standalone. I also didn't have an issue with pacing.

Overall, I can see this book doing really well. I definitely would have liked it more if I had made a connection but that's really my only problem with it.