Cover Image: The Gift

The Gift

This book should be a mandatory read!  Edith Eger is an amazing woman, A wonderful Doctor and teacher.  A person to be admired, respected, and "listened" to for her stories, and advice.  I also recommend it as gifts to those who are struggling with the many aspects of living in this world.   A wonderful book,  I would give it more than the 5 starsT
"The Gift" by Edith Eva Eger is an amazing field guide of mental health and self care! I read her first book, "The Choice" and loved the mix of her personal biography and practical tips to choose happiness and fulfillment. "The Gift" expanded on the latter theme and includes  12 specific topics. Readers can follow the book from beginning to end or skp around and read the topics that resonate most with them, the book can be read in pieces. She covers important topics like Avoidance, Guilt & Shame, Resentment, Fear etc. She uses her personal experiences alongside her education and professional experience to demonstrate how to 'unlock our mental prisons'. Dr. Eger is amazing and her supportive,  tough-love style makes for an engaging read of which is rarely found in any type of self-help book. This is a wonderful follow up to her first book and a must-own how-to guide to a balanced life.  Thanks to Netgalley, the publisher, and most of all to the author for the chance to review an ARC of this gem!
This book was ok, but it just wasn’t my taste in writing.......................................................
Excellent follow up to Eger's first book. Coming from concentration camp, the author has so much to share regarding life and perspective. This is a deep book using examples to make the point. Recommend.
The Gift by Edith Eva Eger is another self-help book that could have been half the size.

Would highly recommend you read the classics from people like Socrates and Plato.

Skip this one.
This book was what I was hoping to get from the author’s first book. Clearly organized and presented self-help.
This book interweaves the author's backstory, as a former prisoner at Auschwitz, with her current life as a therapist and how she was able to rise above the horrors of her past situation.  She encourages the reader to not live in denia,l and that letting out our anger (in private ways) is what we need to move forward in life, at times.  I found this book to be both encouraging, yet also a "kick in the pants" towards doing what we need to move forward in our lives.