Cover Image: No Place Too Far

No Place Too Far

I love this series and this #2 book did not dissapoint. I await the 3rd installment exitedly!! Kay Bratt never dissapoints!!
I'm so in love with this series! May heart is one of my favorites and so is this series. Just as she is starting her life over and feeling at home she finds a life changing experience with someone who she thought was long gone. This is a fantastic mystery with a twist set reading it makes you feel right there! Loved it and can't wait to read the next one! Thank you NetGalley for my ARC copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
When I saw this book on NetGalley and saw it was set in Maui, I immediately requested it! Then I found out this was book two in a series, and I immediately picked up the first book (True to Me). I thoroughly enjoyed both books, and loved how No Place Too Far  focused on both Quinn and Maggie. I absolutely loved Maggie and her sweet dog, Woodrow.  The book definitely did not end up how I thought it would midway through, but I still loved the ending. I also loved the aspects of Hawaiian culture and legend woven through the book. We had to cancel our trip to Hawaii in 2020 (for obvious reasons) so this book helped soothe my sadness of missing Hawaii just a little! These books were my first time reading this author and I definitely want to read more!
No  Place To Far,  is the second in the By the Sea series, but it can be read as a stand alone. Loved reading about the characters location in Hawai'i. So colorful, you could almost smell the sea, and the food sounded amazing!
Very well written, as all of May Bratt's books are! Grabbed me from the beginning and held me throughout. Wonderful mystery/ thrller/ love story!
A must read! 4 stars.

Thank you to NetGalley and the Author and publisher for an ARC copy of this book.The opinions expressed are my own.
This was a warm and enjoyable read. I had read the previous title so understood the storyline but I do think it could be read without having read the previous one.

Just as other Kay Bratt books this is a poignant family/friend drama which can be enjoyed by all.

Thank you Netgalley.
This book is the second in the By the Sea series,  Thank you to the publisher and to Net Galley for the opportunity.   This is a suspenseful women's fiction story. Maggie has been dealing with the horrific reality of a stalker for several years. .  Her stalker is finally behind bars and she has moved to Maui to start again.  Her Quinn is with her and they are enjoying being in paradise together as Maggie heal;s . Unfortunately her peace is short lived and she struggles to live through more horror .

I liked this book for for victims of stalking it is a trigger. The writing is excellent, the settings is wonderfully described and Maggie is a strong charcter. But the stalking is disturbing and if your a victim I recommend you go forward with caution.
Maggie has spent the last year on the run from her stalker but has now settled in Maui but is still constantly looking over her shoulder. Her best friend Quinn is going through her own troubles and her story is told parallel to Maggie's. I would have given this book a 5 but for someone that was so afraid of her life why she didn't let her overprotective older brothers and the father of her child know is beyond me? The story is gripping and interesting  and a total page-turner otherwise.
Maggie has been on the run, dealing with a stalker. With the stalker behind bars, she finally feels ready to settle down and chooses the be close to her friend, Quinn. However, it starts to become clear that her troubles aren’t behind her, after all.

Quinn is still dealing with coming to terms with her new family as someone threatens to make their story public, risking the ones she love.
*Thanks to the author/publisher for an advance copy*

This book is the second in the By the Sea series, but it can be read as a stand alone. I really enjoyed this book-I’ve never been to Hawaii, but the author’s descriptions made me long for a trip to paradise. Maggie and Quinn have a great friendship, making this story easy to read. The secondary stalker storyline has just enough suspense to keep the pages turning. Can’t wait for the next book!
What a fabulous story of friends,family and we also get to experience a tad of Maui where the story takes place . Quinn was born and raised by a single mom and during her last book True to Me she finally finds some answers.
    Quinn and Maggie has been friend’s first many years and this book takes you to both their currents lives. A few characters makes their work better but a few don’t. Maggie is running for her and her son’s life and Quinn has to make some tough decisions. Will she make the right one? Read this terrific story and find out.
No Place too Far is the 2nd book in Kay Bratt’s A by the Sea Novel Series. Even though this is the 2nd book in the series it can very well be read as a standalone.  Ms. Bratt has written a wonderful story which drew me right in, making me forget everything else and did not let me go until I turned the last page. Once you start reading you will not want to put it down Ms. Bratt’s writing will keep you engaged until the end. I loved how the author described everything so vividly I was able to visualize being in Maui I felt like I was right there with the characters.  This is very well written and has well developed and likable characters. I'm excited to see what she has in store for us next!
The second book in Kay's series No Place Too Far (A By The Sea Novel) is addictive.  I started reading it, thinking I would read a few chapters and get some errands done.  Nope, no errands done that day because I couldn't put it down until I read the last page!  We were introduced to friends Maggie and Quinn in the first book, True To Me,  and in this sequel, we learn more about family secrets and fears that brought them to beautiful Maui and forces them to face life head on. The book is filled with twists and turns in the lives of these two women, that will  keep you on the edge of your seat as you read more and just as you think,ahh, I have it figured out now, there is a new twist!   Family secrets surface for Quinn, as she tries to figure out where she truly belongs.  Maggie comes face to face with her biggest fear, you must read to find out what happens!   Hawaiian traditions and scenery comes to life and is brilliantly intertwined  in the story.  You feel as if you are there.  The story is as fascinating and unexpected as driving on the road to Hana, you never know what will be around the next curve in the road.   Beauty,strength, traditions, friendship, suspense and willingness to sacrifice are words that come to mind as I think about this book.  Kay Bratt,I love all of your books, they just get better and better.  You hit another one out of the park and I am anxiously awaiting book three in the series.  I will just make sure not to start reading it when my errand list is too long!!
This is the second book to this series and I loved it just as much as the first book! Warm and wonderful characters! Highly highly recommend
I really enjoy Kay Bratt's books. you are actually in the storyline and setting. Hawaii is such a beautiful place, I want to visit and sit on the pearly white beaches
This was my first time reading a book by this author, and while I found her writing to be proficient and her characters to be likable for the most part, I had a hard time getting into and finishing this book. The problem is that the book is what is probably labeled a “cozy romance,” and that is just not my type of book. I didn’t feel a strong connection to any of the characters and couldn’t invest in their issues. I especially had a problem with Maggie, who is being stalked, but instead of asking for help from her big brothers, she uproots her young son and relocates to Hawaii. This situation does not seem realistic to me. This book is the second in a series, but I had no problem following what was happening and understanding who all the characters were. I’m sure this book has a substantial audience, and as I mentioned, the writing was good. As such, I gave it three stars. Thank you to Net a Galley and the publisher for the opportunity to read it.
I absolutely loved "True to Me", the first book in this Maui-based series.  This second offering did not disappoint.  This time, it focuses not only on Quinn, the main character in the first book, but also her friend Maggie, a stalking victim trying to escape from her past.  This novel deals with love, death, mystery, and relationships, but also has a real focus on the native Hawaiian culture.  It treats that culture with respect and educates the reader in a non-preachy way.  The descriptions of the beautiful scenery add to the depth of this book.  Absolutely loved this one, and look forward to more!
This is the second book of the By The Sea series. It follows best friends Quinn and Maggie, who are settled in Hawaii. Hawaii was a stunning backdrop for this book. I've never been, but the way it was written, I now feel like I have. Maggie is starting a new life after escaping a stalker and Quinn is the subject of many rumours around her family and some drama from her past.

Although this book could stand alone, I really think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd read the previous book. I felt a bit disconnected from the characters, and it didn't help that there were two main characters that the book flipped between. The latter half of the book was quite exciting and hard to put down. The ending wraps a bit too quickly and neatly for my liking but I love a happy ending as much as the next person.

3.5/5, rounded up to 4.

Thank you to Lake Union Publishing and NetGalley for the free eGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.
This was the perfect sequel -- it could be read alone but so much better if you read True to Me first.  I love Kay Bratt and both of these books were so incredible.  I love the story of Quinn finding out who she is and then in this book helping her friend Maggie do the same thing.
I absolutely adored this book. The second in the By The Sea series set in beautiful Maui. The first book was great and this one is even better.

The characters will get in your heart and make you feel what they feel. They have so many ups and downs. Family is what it’s all about in the end though. Finding safety and staying close to those you love. Being there for each other through everything. From the sunny beautiful descriptions to the people you will love to get close too. This book is so good.

Maggie and Quinn are best friends and this is the continuation of what is happening with them. Maggie is trying to find her place. A safe place away from the things that haunt her. The things that she’s so afraid of. But what will she do when that past comes to Hawaii? Will she be able to get through it? She knows Quinn is always there and has her back. She’s not only afraid for herself and her family but for her son. Quinn has some deep secrets of her own though and is trying to protect someone. Between her and Maggie this book will keep you wondering how things will turn out. Will things work out for them both or will one fall short? Let’s not forget Woodrow, Maggie’s service dog. He’s the best. He will definitely steal your heart. Also Charlie, Maggie’s son. He’s a mess for sure. Always a big entertainment for others, especially Quinn. There is a big family in this story. Both related by blood and by the heart. Sometimes the heart is stronger than blood. But not always.

This book will pull you in and take you places. It won’t let go until the very last word then you will want more. This book has many emotions at play. From a few laughs to some intense fears. From meeting some pretty cool animals to a veterinarian who loves practical jokes. Will Maggie and Quinn make it through this storm? Will everything turn out ok? This is a very well written book that definitely makes you feel like you are right there at every turn. You will have a trip to Hawaii that you won’t be forgetting for a while. The beauty is captured in this wonderful book. All the descriptions make you feel like you are right there. On the beach. Under the waterfalls. In the lobby of Quinn’s Inn. It’s a beautiful story and I can’t wait for the next one.

Thank you #NetGalley, #LakeUnionPublishing, #KayBratt for this ARC. These are my own words and do not truly do this book justice.

A huge 5/5 stars and a high recommendation.. Enjoy your trip to Maui, Hawaii!
In the novel, No Place too Far by Kay Bratt, the reader is in suspense over the whereabouts of Maggie's stalker,
the mystery behind Quinn's childhood, and the true friendship between Maggie and Quinn. Having to relocate  because of being stalked, Maggie has to learn how to trust again... Quinn also has issues learning how to trust after her last relationship.
Thank you to #NetGalley and the publisher for the early read of  #NoPlaceTooFar in exchange for a honest review.I enjoyed the dynamics of Qunn's  family relationship and the mystery of Maggie's past life.