Cover Image: The Messy Truth About Leading People

The Messy Truth About Leading People

This book reads as a novel with the leadership concepts explained in simple terms using the example of the journey of the protagonist Micah. This approach is refreshing and helps us absorb the insights with ease.

My one gripe is that all almost all characters in this book have gender neutral names and are also addressed as 'they' instead of he/she which is a bit frustrating to read.

Overall, it is a good read for someone wanting to learn about leadership in today's day and age.
I received this thorough Netgalley.
"The messy truth about leading people" takes us through Micah's leadership journey which is a totally relatable journey that most of us in the corporate world can associate with. Various situations on handling different people, bringing fresh perspectives in teams, leading change, accepting failures and bouncing back, firing and promoting people all have been explained very well indeed.
Highly recommend this.
This title is not personally my cup of tea. It is in a writing style which I do not favor. Others may find it acceptable.
This book is okay but I won't see the full effect at this point until I work on leading my team more.  There are lots of great points.