Cover Image: How to Lose an Ex in Ten Days

How to Lose an Ex in Ten Days

I was kindly accepted for an advanced copy of this book on Netgalley for an honest review.

Six years after being left at the alter, Belle is still trying to get her life back on track.  She has an ok job as a journalist and has recentely begun to notice a handsome co-worker when he ex-fiance unexpectedly shows up again. Belle learns that Ed actually died in a car crash as he fled on their wedding day and has come back to haunt her. In the process, he screws up her shot with Nate, her co-worker.

I was intrigued and really enjoyed the first half of the book and then it was a struggle to finish as I didn't really buy into Ed's haunting. acts.
This book started out like a classic rom-com - girl gets jilted at the alter, moves on with her life and when she goes on a date with her cute co-worker (who she has been crushing on for awhile), her ex turns up. I thought this would be a fun, traditional story but when it turns out that the ex is {SPOILER} a ghost, the story lost me. I know the description said supernatural but I wasn't expecting an actual ghost. I liked the writing and felt it akin to Sophie Kinsella but it was a little long - it moved quickly until the ghost reveal then it slowed down.
Okay, I started out loving this book. The author's style of writing is just like the description reads, great for fans of Sophie Kinsella. It's an easy-breezy romcom, I love the main character and her friends, also love the dynamics of an office romance.

LOVED, until... the supernatural aspect of the book came out. I did not get from the description of the book that the supernatural elements were quite as they were. So it was certainly a shock as I did not expect the ghost of her ex to come out and seen by everyone?? Once I caught on, I could manage with a Ghost of Girlfriends Past, or Just Like Heaven style ghost, but EVERYONE saw the ghost? I just didn't expect to be reading a supernatural love story and it made it all just too strange and unbelievable for me.

I look forward to reading more from this awful in a more typical style of romance, sans the supernatural.
This story was fun, some laugh out loud moments.  But at times fell flat for me.
Belle is trying to put her life back in order after she was left at the alter.  She was doing well until her ex shows up - in an unexpected way.  As the story goes on he continues to "show up" and interact with her.
The story is about coming to terms with your past so you can enjoy your future.
Overall a cute, quick read, if predictable at times.  At times I was little lost, and didn't quite connect with what was happening.
I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I would give this maybe slightly above 3 stars. First, I loved the writing and thought the author did a good job of making it feel funny and light hearted when there was some heavy content. I also loved the paranormal aspect of it, which is not my style at all, but I thought it was interesting and fun. My main issue with this book was the romance. I loved Nate (the love interest) but I wanted to see more of him. The entirety of this book took place in 10 days, the first day being their first date. Granted they had known each other for years before, but it didn’t seem like they were close and Belle admittedly never had feelings for him at that time. Needless to say, it was lacking in that aspect. I also felt a little sad that Belle was so annoyed with Ed (the ex who was haunting her) the entire book, and was pretty mean to him. She basically did not mourn at all after finding out he died. Overall though, I enjoyed reading it and I thought it had Sophie Kinsella feels (dare I say I enjoyed it more).
I originally read this book as the title was a little homage to my favourite rom-com film “How to lose a guy in 10 days.”

From the first page, I loved the writing *Im one of the pickiest readers for writing styles* I also adored the protagonist and her unending hope in her fiancé.

I finished this book in two sittings because it’s one i couldn’t put down, I’ll definitely be picking up my own copy. It was witty, charming and had a good dash of comedic relief.
I was totally in love with the book and could not put it down until it took on a whole new approach of the boyfrend being dead. I was very upset as I picked the book because I thought it was going to be a light romantic read and it was not. Thank you for the ARC and ability to read the book.
A delightful romantic comedy that will please all lovers of the genre! The characters were fun and the storyline flowed seamlessly. Highly recommended!
This book did not hit it with me. Everything was peachy keen until it wasn't (you'll know what I mean). Overall very flat and the characterization and plot did nothing to me.
How to Lose an Ex in Ten Days was a fun read. I was really into the story and then it took a surprising turn that I wasn’t sure I liked at first. I didn’t read the synopsis before starting the book, so the “haunting” was unexpected. However, I discovered that aspect wasn’t a deal-breaker for me. As the characters developed, I really felt more invested in the story and wanted to see how the love triangle panned out. Belle has a sister and best friend who create a fun trio who cheer each other in life. There are some funny scenarios and outrageous moments that keep the story light and fun while it gets a little deeper into a theme of personal growth and learning from past mistakes. This was a fun romcom to read over the weekend.

💎 I’ve never really felt like I was in control of my own canoe, but maybe it’s finally time for me to embrace my power to steer.
I was kindly accepted for an advanced copy of this book in Netgalley for an honest review.

This story follows Belle, who is trying to get her life back on track and move on having been left at the altar. Everything seems to be going well in both her life and her love life, until her ex-fiancé turns up at her work one day - with a twist!

Some laugh out loud moments (imagine having your ex just turn up when and where he wants to and be able to interact with things!) and some moment I was not expecting, but overall an enjoyable (if a little predictable) story about finding yourself and accepting the past so you can move on. I would definitely read another book from this author
Not at all what I expected. I thought I was reading a supernatural book instead of a contemporary romance. I was lost and disappointed with this book.
Despite, the story having a good premise and concept, for some reason it just did not do it for me. I had a lot of expectations after reading the blurb for this one, and I had hoped that it would give me the comfort I needed, but unforunately, I found the writing to be too scattered for my liking. The concept, the characters as well as the setting of the entire story was portrayed really well, but the plot did not deliever as well as it probably could have. Personally, in the very beginning of the book I felt myself as lost and could not connect well with the writing which is why this book probably did not work for me.
I somehow missed the supernatural aspect in the book description. It was not what i was expecting at all. The book was okay, overall. If I had known about it was going to have all of that I probably would not have started it.
This book was enjoyable. I would like to keep an eye out for more books by this author to read in the future.
How to Lose an Ex in Ten Days was definitely different from the novels I usually choose to read and it's plot could only be described as unique. It was a somewhat enjoyable book, but I have to admit it was not what I had expected.

Diving into this book I expected it would be an angsty, love triangle book —considering her ex fiancee left Belle at the altar on their wedding day, but six years later he unexpectedly decides to get involved in her life again, just when she decides to move on and maybe build a future with her handsome colleague Nate—, but it turned out to be a romance novel that included paranormal aspects.

I was surprised at first but I decided that the book was worth a shot, even though paranormal romance is not my cup of tea.  I definitely enjoyed Lottie Lucas' writing style, so if you like the paranormal romance genre, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't read this book.
This book wasn't quite what I expected. I thought I was getting something easy and funny about an ex haunting Belle. I didn't quite realise that it meant that super supernaturally or that it would be quite as heavy as I found it.

I also found some things to do with the death a little unbelievable but ah well.

This book wasn't for me but if you're looking for contemporary dealing with loss this might be for you.
This book was not what I was expecting in any way and I kind of liked it. It took me a while to get into it but ended up enjoying it.
Good but not for me. The plot was fine, not quite what I was expecting from the description. Definitely more a story about loss and moving on than anything else.
This story was a big miss for me. Initially I missed the references in the blurb to the more supernatural aspects of the story, so that was a massive shock for me - but I was able to get past that because the ending gives good closure. However, my biggest problem was with the character development. None of the characters seemed truly fleshed-out; that was most glaring in the romance between Belle and Nate (which did not really seem all that romantic), but even Rosie and Tess were given only pieces and parts of backstories.

Lottie Lucas is a good writer, but with this story being billed as '"perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella and Lindsey Kelk" I just expected more.