Cover Image: The House Of Bonneau

The House Of Bonneau

Loved this book, the follow up to Madeleine. The main character is strong and determined and you want the happy ending for her.
The House of Bonneau is a very well written historical novel.  Enjoyed it throughly.  Highly recommend.  I received a complimentary copy from the publisher and this is my unbiased review.
Another great story by the late great Elvi Rhodes. This author has a brilliant way of telling a story so that you are part of the scenery. You're right there with the characters. Highly recommend!
Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher.   I read this book many years ago and had forgotten how good it was.   Great storyline and great characters,   thoroughly enjoyed it.   This author never fails to impress me.
The House of Bonneau is a sequel to the novel Madeleine which I read and reviewed here.

I enjoyed this one more. My attention was grabbed right from the first page.

Madeleine and her quest for a child broke my heart. I could imagine how she felt the unspoken question from In-laws and society for not having a child immediately after marriage.

Sophia such a vengeful character. Bitterness has a way of clouding sane decisions.

Leon Bonneau drew me into the book. So successful and thoughtful. I love how he cherished Madeleine and the unborn child and other actions he made in the novel.

This is an interesting detailed book.

Mrs. Bates, Madeleine’s mother made me love her so much. A mother will always be a mother.

There are so much characters you will need to watch out for. I was amused by Irvine and Rose,Hortense and Henry and many more.

War is terrible, I agree.

I read this book in one sitting.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Random House UK through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are mine
Thoroughly enjoyable story set in an interesting time in history. The main characters were well portrayed and full of life. A look at the part women were allowed/not allowed to play in the clothing industry.
Loved loved this saga.Was drawn right in to the story the characters.Stayed up late could not tear myself away from the story.Love this authors writing.#netgalley #rabdomhouseuk
Another brilliant family saga book. Read this in one sitting. Loved everything about it based in Yorkshire.