Cover Image: The Tea Dragon Tapestry

The Tea Dragon Tapestry

Katie O'Neill is an auto-buy author/artist for me because her work is fantastic! The dragons are absolutely adorable and I wish I had one of my own. I loved that this issue discussed grief, and how everyone experiences it differently. I also love the inclusion of tea dragon history in the back of the book. While I'm sad that this series is ending, I'm excited to see what Katie does next!
The Tea Dragon Tapestry is the beautiful conclusion to the Tea Dragon series by the Australian illustrator Katie O'Neill. This cute, diverse read will be something that I'll encourage readers of all ages to read whenever I can. As always, my time reading this was relaxing; it also ultimately rid me of the negative emotions I was feeling.
As any Tea Dragon graphic Novel, this was delightful and hearwarming. I can't believe this was the conclusion i literally teared up at the epilogue i'm gonna miss these babies so much :((
The Tea Dragon Tapestry is the final instalment in the Tea Dragon series. Just as the previous two, the artwork is beautiful. Each panel is a treasure. If an entire wall in my house was decorated with the stories from these books I would just loose hours just looking. I frequently love, even adore art in graphic novels but the colours, the style, the feelings – the Tea Dragon series is special.

I am sad that this is the last, but I like that Katie O’Neill is finishing this series in such a way that the magic stays, it’s not dragged into the ground for the sake of more books. The Tea Dragon Tapestry has some heartstrings storylines. Greta’s Tea Dragon is mourning, and she is worried but the conversations that are happening are that you can’t force dragons (people) to get better.

The additional Tea Dragon information at the end of the book is brilliant. It’s an extra present on top of the story.
The Tea Dragon Books have a wonderful sweetness to them that can't be underrated. This one in particular deals delicately and honestly with grief and sadness, as well as friendship and how we support one another. The magic and the warmth of this series never fails to enchant me. As a conclusion, this book doesn't disappoint. I would read 100 more if she wrote them.
I received an ARC on Netgalley for The Tea Dragon Tapestry and I loved it. I've now read the entire series so far and there's lessons filled throughout each story. In this one, characters worked through their pain, figured out who they are currently and released the past, and came to terms with what they want to achieve and how they want to spend their life. This graphic novel is so beautiful and it was pretty peaceful to read and enjoy. I'm grateful to have found this book as well as the rest of series.
I didn't realize this was the third book in a series when I requested it from NetGalley. I feel like I have missed a big part of the story, and I want to know more about the characters. I will update this review when I can get my hands on and read the first two books in the series.

Update 8/14/2020: I got to read the first two in the series. Even though I read the third book first, I don't feel like I've missed out on anything. The third book just has more information in it, so I thought I would have a huge amount of backstory in the first two books. In this book, Greta continues to try to care for her new tea dragon who has recently lost its owner. She is also in line for a possible blacksmithing apprenticeship. Minnett comes to terms with who she was so she can be happy with who she is now.
I love The Tea Dragon series and this new volume is no exception! The story is breathtakingly beautiful, heartwarming, and so lovely! I love following Greta and Minette as they discover who they are and what they want and see how their friendship grows. I love seeing the adorable little tea dragons and how they help shape the story. It’s such a soft and warm story!
ugh i'm absolutely, totally, utterly in love with katie o'neill's art style. i could spend an entire day staring at her illustration, not even kidding. plus there are so many li'l nuggets of wisdom sprinkled throughout the story! might just f*ck around & get myself the physical copies...

special thanks to netgalley, onipress & katie o'neill for granting me access to the e-arc in exchange for an honest review!
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.

This one was not as amazing as the other ones but still good. I wish we could have seen more of the relationship of the girls.
I was incredibly excited when I received an arc copy of The Tea Dragon Tapestry because it is my all time favorite graphic novel series.

This installment of the Tea Dragon Series did not disappoint in the slightest. Everything that I loved about the first two was expanded upon and made even more meaningful in this book.

One thing that Katie O'Neill does fantastically is including diverse characters in her books. This series features lgbtqia+ and disabled characters and does not make those aspects the main focus.

I felt that this installment of the Tea Dragon Series really went in depth into topics such as grief and sadness in a beautiful way. There were multiple times reading it that I could feel myself tearing up because of the  meaningful topics being discussed.

Overall I believe that people of all ages would enjoy and learn something from these books. I will be reccomending them to everyone I know.
SPOILERS AHEAD

Katie O’Neil’s TheTea Dragon Tapestry is like coming home from a long trip to your family.There are so many things I could say about this book. The first being O’Neil’s artwork. It reminds me of well-loved stuffed animals and all the good things in life. She manages to tackle topics and ideas that even some adults find difficult in the easiest way possible. In this installment her characters deal with grief, losing passion, and finding new paths in life. Her characters talk about how all these things are hard to deal with and it is okay to feel sadness but you will be okay. It may take time and plans may change but it will all be okay. One of the most beautiful heartfelt graphic novels I have ever read.

4.5 out of 5.0

An ARC was provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
I did not realize this was the third story in a series when I started reading, so I was a little confused at first, but I didn't have to be a long-time fan to appreciate the sweet aesthetic of this book. I love the beautiful illustrations and vivid storytelling. The premise of this series is so precious and I would definitely recommend this series for those who love fantasy storylines, find it hard to read for long periods of time, and enjoy more visual stimuli.
Truth time: I cried at multiple points (read: through the whole book) while reading this. Katie has created the most wholesome, inclusive, supportive series with these Tea Dragons, and the whole thing feels like a warm hug.
This installment deals with some big issues of change and loss and it’s done in such a gentle way that it had me in tears. The overall theme of acceptance, particularly self-acceptance, and allowing yourself to feel your feelings is so I M P O R T A N T. And the aspects of found family among the group is so amazing that I can’t handle it. Each character has their own problems that they need to deal with and process in different ways, and everyone is so supportive and accepting of these individual journeys. This is exactly the kind of goodness that I needed in my life.
Katie’s drawing style is by far my favorite of any graphic novel I’ve read thus far. It’s expressive, colorful, soft, and beautiful. I honestly wish the world looked the way she draws it. And the cherry on top of all the beautiful wholesomeness in her stories? THE ADORABLE DRAGONS. Particularly the one in a scarf, because everyone needs to see that in their lives.
I cannot recommend this series enough, and this is by far my favorite installment.
The Tea Dragon Tapestry // by Katie O'Neill

I am so sad that with this book, the Tea Dragon Society series concludes! I could read 50 of these and never get tired of them! As always, the illustrations are absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait to share these books with other people. I enjoy how we always go along with several different characters and see their development and growth. But of course, the adorable tea dragons are my favorite!

Thank you to the author and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
I'm so sad this series is over! It's so sweet and light, just what we need during these scary times! I think this book wrapped up the series nicely as it shows how all the characters are getting on and gives them a happy ending. it also leaves it open for more books in the future which was nice. long live Tea dragons!
Katie O'Neill does not disappoint, ever!! I loved it from the moment I began reading. Such a beautiful story ❤

The art is pure magic, 10/10. I can't wait to have the physical copy!
I'm going to miss this series! It's the most comforting, gentle read. There are so many charming details, like including a tiny tea dragon curled up on the copyright page, or a vine design wherever there's extra space. There is a lot of diversity in the characters, including differing skin colors, characters with disabilities, and queer characters. I love to just stop and stare at each page, taking the artwork in.

Greta has been taking care of Ginsberg the tea dragon for a year now, and he's still mourning his last owner. She's worried that she's not doing enough, but she's reminded that "sad people aren't objects to fix," and that she needs patience.

Minette is trying to figure out what her purpose is in life, after having to leave the monastery. I teared up at the conclusion of this.

It also ends with a little bit of the history of tea dragons. This is the coziest, most charming book, and I know I'll be coming back to this series whenever I need some comfort

[This book will also be discussed on Sept 1st's All the Books podcast]
This was the perfect conclusion to such a cute series!!! These graphic novels are by far my favorites and I can't wait to own them all. The illustrations were, of course, beautiful as always. And the story was as well! I'm so glad that the author connected so many of the characters together.
Story is great; artwork is sublime. Oh-so-cute continuation of the Tea Dragon stories by Katie O'Neill. I love these stories. Great graphic novels for kids - and adults will love them, too.

Focus on the characters from Tea Dragon Society (book 1): Greta and Minette; Erik and Hesekiel, with a pop-in from Rinn and Aedhan from Tea Dragon Festival. [You could read this stand-alone, but I'd recommend reading the others - especially book 1 - first.]

Picking up (seemingly) many years after the first and second books. Greta and Minette are trying to find their places/purpose in the world. Each must look into their hearts to find what they truly wish and how to express themselves.

I eagerly snapped this up after adoring the first two books in this series, and I was so pleased. This was wonderful.

**I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**