Cover Image: The Spirit of Animal Healing

The Spirit of Animal Healing

I was very interested in reading this book. I find Veterinarian medicine intriguing. The Holistic approach is what really caught my eye.

In this book Dr. Martin Goldstein explains both modern medicine and holistic medicine to Veterinarian care. You learn different things throughout the book like supporting the immune system. Many I will no doubt go back and refer to. This book is full of information for those seeking holistic treatment vs modern medicine. It's clear that Dr. Goldstein explains you need a healthy medium with treatment of our furry companions. Too much and too little of anything can cause detrimental damage if not careful. Sometimes a simple acupuncture treatment can cure the problem. Instead of just medicating the animal with modern medicine. I am glad I was given the opportunity to read and review this book. Thank you NetGalley for the ARC. I give this read 4 stars.
Interesting book. I like the idea of using holistic medicine to treat our four legged, furry, non-speaking family members. Life has improved for them over the past 60-70 years- greatly-, but there remains a long way to go, I think. I think this should be a must read for all pet owners. And may our animal caretakers, too. It certainly can't hurt to look into some of the ideas Dr. Goldstein presented. To use in conjunction with standard practices certainly wouldn't hurt. I think food for our pets needs to be better made and regulated, too.  I think there have been to many recalls in recent years to be healthy and often wonder what I'm feeding my "kids" when I open cans or bags. Raw diet sounds healthful, but unless I'm the one raising and killing my own animals to feed the "kids", I'm not entirely trusting of manufactures providing the best raw products. I have to admit, too, I'm not a big fan of Dr. Oz or Oprah, so if they give their seals of approval I'm always a skeptic. Still, they did give Dr. Goldstein a platform and the seal of approval, so many more people will have heard of his take on pets and their health.
Good and interesting book; thought provoking.
Dr. Marty Goldstein is not only one of the most compassionate and wisest veterinarians in the world, but also the most intuitive. In this book, he describes his journey from allopathic veterinary medicine to 'integrative' or holistic veterinary medicine. Many of his modalities were discouraged when he first began using them to treat the most difficult cases that traditional medicine had not been able to heal, but they were effective and 30 years later have become widest accepted throughout the veterinary community.

He explains different types of healing-  nutritional, diet, supplements, Vitamin C IV,  Mushroom extracts, herbs, probiotics, CBD, PEMF- all in great detail, including essays from experts in each modality.

Much of the book focuses on dogs, and specifically treating cancer in dogs using a combination of traditional and alternative therapies. Dr. Marty is a gift to animals and their people everywhere. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
A friend of the family is a holistic vet, whose approach to animal care I fully applaud. So I was excited to explore more in THE SPIRIT OF ANIMAL HEALING by Dr. Marty Goldstein, holistic vet and author par excellence.

Dr. Goldstein shares the newest integrative techniques in an easy to understand fashion, gleaned from 45 years of practice. You’ll learn about:

*Healing vs. harmful therapies
*Vaccine truth
*Nutrition and supplements
*Cutting-edge cancer treatment
*Animals’ spiritual natures
*Astounding true cases

THE SPIRIT OF ANIMAL HEALING is a resource I’ll turn to again and again as I care for my beloved kitty. I’m so grateful to the author, St. Martin's Press and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine.

Pub Date 02 Feb 2021