Cover Image: Enjoy the View

Enjoy the View

I am so completely obsessed with Sarah Morgenthaler's Moose Springs series, I can't even fully put it into words! I devoured all three of these books in a matter of a week. While "Enjoy the View" wasn't my favorite of the series (the first book holds that title for me), it was such an interesting departure from the rest of the series, I love it in a completely different way than I love the other two. I loved the adventure/outdoor element to this book, and I learned a lot about climbing as a sport -- something I never expected when picking up a romance novel! It had my heart racing at several points, and not because of the romance -- because of the action! Can't wait for more from this author. I hope we get more Moose Springs!
I loved all the climbing references. To me, this felt the most "Alaska" and scenic of the three. I loved the descriptions, the views, and the challenges of mountain climbing in these conditions.

River and Easton were such a great match, I loved their clear oppositions of personalities and how well they fit together.

I loved the appearances and references from the other characters from the previous two books - thank you so much for my advanced copy!!
I DNF'ed this one. I just found it so boring and the main character was insufferable. The romance was dull and there was no chemistry. I tried my best to finish it but all the characters fell flat and the plot was boring me, so I ended up not finishing it since life is too short to read books you don't like.

<I>Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a review copy. All opinions are my own. </I>
Enjoy The View is the third book in the Moose Springs series, a contemporary romance about a small town in Alaska that seems to collectively hate strangers. In this book, Easton Lockett stops on the side of the road to check on a tourist… and he ends up caught up in the documentary filming adventures of former actress River Lane.

River, Easton and their crew end up climbing Mount Veil together, and sparks fly between River and Easton right away.

This is a sweet contemporary romance with minimal steam, but lots of outdoor adventures. And don’t be fooled: The dog on the cover appears very minimally.

I give this book 3.5 stars. It was perfectly lovely, but I don’t feel any drive to read the rest of these books in this series.

CONTENT WARNINGS: Descriptions of serious injuries; discussion of amputation

WHAT I LIKED

- Unlike some contemporary romances, it was clear that there were sparks between River and Easton from the beginning, so I was happy to see that play out on Mount Veil.
- I’m not a mountain climber, and generally, I hate the outdoors, but the author did her research and made this seem very realistic. Maybe she got it all wrong – how would I know? But I believed it.

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE

- Someone somewhere implied this was a steamy romance, but I would say there’s hardly any steam at all. The romance was very sweet, but I prefer my romances with a little more kick to them.
- River is… exhausting. She literally almost falls off a mountain to save her camera, and then she yells at Easton for doing what he has to do to rescue her. I just… Exhausting.
Easton + River, what a pair! These two had me hooked from their chance meet-up at the side of the road to their heartwarming northern Alaska happy ending! Seriously though, I haven't really read very many contemporary books that are set up north and I loved learning about the climbing and the mountain town living. The story line was good but I really think its the characters' personalities that really shine in this book. Highly recommend!
I give this series a 3 star because while there was a decent plot and we'll developed characters, the book was too slow paced for me and therefore making the book boring. I had to fight to keep my eyes open and that is a really bad sign.
Hollywood actress come documentary maker River arrives in Moose Springs to film a documentary she doesn’t receive a particularly warm welcome. Enter tough on the outside, sweet on the inside Easton.

This is the first book I’ve read from the Moose Springs trilogy but I thought it read fine as a stand-alone and I don’t feel like I was missing anything by not having read the previous book (though friends have told me that a lot of the characters from the previous books make cameos in this one).  I really enjoyed this book and although it took me a few chapters to get into it, after that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved Easton’s character!

This has definitely made me want to go back and read the first two books now.
A charming book. River Lane was a very successful Hollywood actress. Now, River is determined to film a documentary about the picturesque town of Moose Springs, Alaska. In theory, it sounds like an easy task. However, the townspeople don't like River's arrival. Despite this rejection, River sets out to make this documentary. To do so, she wants the help of Easton Lockett. Every time there is a book set in Alaska, I want to read it. I'm glad that I liked this story so much. River is a fun person. I love the interactions and the conversations she has with Easton. I admire River's courage to get what she wants and the consideration she has towards her companions. It is simply the book I needed to read. I thank NetGalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I loved the first two books in this series but this one didn't work for me quite as well. I did enjoy the characters and their development, but I think (for me) there was just too much focus on the climb and outdoorsy-ness and that's not really my thing so I lost interest quite a bit throughout the book. That said, I still enjoy this author's writing and look forward to reading more from her in the future.
This is a exciting series set in Alaska, but one that you don't have to read in order to enjoy. Grab this one if you're interested in falling in love with a 6'6" man-bunned hiker that will take you on an adventure that you'll likely not survive. (Being a tall women, I rarely find books with tall men and this was something that I took notice.) Having never been to AK, this series is a nice change from just reading about the sites and actually being with the people of the town. Quick fun read that will delight the reader, grab this one when traveling this summer or needing a mental getaway. Free NetGalley ARC, but having read the series, I was more excited than influenced to leave a positive review.
#NetGalley
Let me just say,  you know a series is good when you devour it and are left wanting more. Absolutely love the Moose Springs trilogy. The story of Easton and River starts off with them rebuffing each other. The slow build up keeps the reader engaged. As their relationship advances you quickly become entangled in the adventure they embark upon, climbing “The Veil”. Love ensues after many disasters. Life and proximity might just keep these two apart. Relatable characters looking for love. Enjoy The View was my personal favorite. Thank you NetGalley for the ARC. All opinions are my own. #NetGalley #EnjoyThe View.
I got to take another trip to Moose Springs and I have to say I still enjoyed it the thid time around. This story focuses more on Easton and most of it takes place on the Mountain. Veil.  Easton has to safely get River who’s there to makee a docuseries about Moose Springs to the top of the mountain and back down safely. Though we still get glimpses of our favorite characters from the previous books it definetly wasn’t enough for me. I missed the humor and quirkiness of the little town and it’s people. and animals! Jake was barely mention and I love that clothes wearing dog.

Thank you to @netgallley and @sourcebookcasa for the opportunity to read and review this one. I will still be on the lookout for book 4 and more of the humor and sarcasm I love about the characters.
This was a cute novel in the Moose Springs Series, all of which can be read as standalone novels, but this one tied in a lot of the characters from the first novel.

While I enjoyed reading along and seeing the events unfold, it felt as if this novel was a bit too similar to the last two. They seem to follow the same formula of the female main character coming to visit Moose Springs and then meeting the male main character who is grumpy and has a scruffy beard but is a big softie on the inside and then some events happen and in the end, they fall in love. I think I would have enjoyed this novel more had it been the only one of the series I had read.

Overall, this was a cute novel that takes you on a fun trip to Alaska, but if you've read any of the others in the series it might seem a bit repetitive.

A huge thank you to NetGalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for the gifted e-book in exchange for my honest opinion.
Ty netgalley and sourcebooks.

Now don’t get me wrong I LOVED this book, but it was my least favorite in the series to date.

I feel as though it was missing some of the humor that the first 2 had. Don’t get me wrong there was humor it just wasn’t till much later.
It is my personal opinion that Enjoy the View by Sarah Morgenthaler is the best book of the Moose Springs series yet. This book was AMAZING, there were the romance and humor I was expecting, but the climbing really added something extra to this story. There are a lot of very suspenseful moments when Easton climbs Mount Veil with River and her gang, and I definitely wasn't expecting this book to become the nail-biter that it did. My husband wants to get into climbing so it was also fun hearing some terms I was already familiar with, and I loved how impressive River was when it came to climbing. She was another strong female lead in this series, and I loved her just as much, if not a bit more, than the other leading ladies.

Once again, the audiobook for Enjoy the View was a dream to listen to, and I love our narrator Elise Arsenault. She is quickly becoming one of my favorite voice actresses and I have loved listening to her narrate this series. The audio is a little over 11 hours, but it goes by quickly, and I never wanted this book to end. Easton is one of my favorite characters from this series, and of course, I loved seeing him getting his happy ending. I also spied a good setup for another novel, so I am very hopeful that this series is not going to be over anytime soon. The Alaska setting is such a star in the series, and I highly recommend reading ALL of them if you are a fan of books set here and want some great humor and sweet romance.

Enjoy the View was the first book that I have read in the Moose Springs series by Sarah Morgenthaler.  This romantic comedy had a slow start for me.  I wasn't loving the personalities of the characters or the premise that a camera crew could, or would, scale a dangerous mountain on the whim of an actress turned wannabe producer.  There were a couple of times I debated not finishing this book but, as the story went on, I did grow to like the two main characters, River and Easton, and even the silly marmot. Unfortunately, Jessie never grows less annoying and Ash never grows likeable.  If you are looking for a wintry Romcom and are interested in a mountain climbing adventure with a happy ending, this might be the book for you.  Thank you to NetGalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for the digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.
A stand-alone Moose Springs Book is a cute, breezy winter romance. Exactly the thing to read on a wintery day with a mug of hot chocolate in hand!
Enjoy the View (Moose Springs, Alaska #3). By Sarah Morgenthaler. 2021. Sourcebooks Casablanca (ARC eBook).

I’ve really enjoyed the Mosse Springs, Alaska series. Enjoy the View is the third in the series and stars the local gentle giant, Easton Lockett, who is a mountaineer and outdoor guide. When he comes across a woman on the roadside, he naturally thinks she needs help. But he ends of ruining her camera shot of the Alaskan Wilderness. Actress River Lane and her documentary film crew are trying to get film for the Alaskan Tourism Board, but the town of Moose Springs isn’t being very accommodating. When Easton suggests they summit Mount Veil, River thinks the filmed experience will be just the ticket to rebrand her career. With Easton and another guide helping, the film crew think it should be a breeze. But Easton knows that with an amateur group and cold weather, accidents are bound to happen on Mount Veil. So he’s going to stick like glue to the ambitious and gusty River. Morgenthaler writes great small town charm and quirky characters. I look forward to what happens next in the series.
Loved this book! I was expecting Ashtyn to have a book, but this was still really good. I got really into the love story.
Moose Springs for the win, AGAIN!  I simply love this small town in Alaska, especially during the winter months.  It has our favorite aspects we've come to love from Morgenthaler:  an interesting plot, relatable characters, and laugh out loud moments with animal guest appearances.  You'll love reading about River and Easton, their chemistry, their banter, and their romance.  Looking forward to another trip to my favorite mountain town!