Cover Image: A Double Dose of Love

A Double Dose of Love

I was excited to find out that Kathleen Fuller had a new series, Amish Mail-Order Bride, and could not wait to get my hands on book one, A Double Dose of Love. I was not disappointed. It was so good and get five stars from me.
This was a fun start to a new series! It was filled with good things: family, faith, relationships, love and new outsets. Fans of Amish fiction will love this.
Many thanks to Zondervan and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Such a fun book with two sets of twins.  Getting to know them was so much fun, I hope there is a sequel.
Come back to Birch Creek in A Double Dose of Love by Kathleen Fuller. This time, learn more about Zeb and Zeke, the Bontrager twins. The two of them have bought an old farm and are trying to get it running smoothly so they can train and sell horses. However, Zeke hasn't been completely honest with his twin as far as his finances go. And Zeb is feeling overwhelmed at the amount of work, especially when Zeke keeps leaving most of the work to him. Then Darla and Amanda, twins from Walnut Creek, show up in town. Darla saw an ad for Birch Creek, saying that the men were looking for brides. Getting excited, Darla makes plans to head that way; her twin sister Amanda follows, though only because she feels like she should protect Darla. When the twin girls meet the twin guys, there is a lot of confusion, excitement, heartache, and fun. While Darla is convinced that God has a plan for her and Zeke, Amanda is attracted to Zeb, but afraid of her feelings. Add in some fun with Birch Creek's matchmakers, and you never know what will happen. As always, I enjoyed heading back to visit with the Birch Creek residents. I love when you can revisit a series and feel like you never left. Great story, with a good message about love and family and responsibility. Thanks to #NetGalley and the publisher for the chance to read this book. #ADoubleDoseofLove #KathleenFuller #Bookstagram #all_the_pages
What a wonderful new addition to the Amish genre.....Mail Order Brides!!! Who'd a thought??!! WELL....that's exactly what twin sisters, Amanda and Darla King, decided to do when following through with a newspaper advertisement. Well, it was more that Darla was gung ho and Amanda was along to keep Darla in line and hopefully realize that they should go home as soon as possible. Guess what???.....Darla found the man of her dreams and was sure that God had put him in her life.

Amanda did not share her enthusiasm .....nor, did the "man of her dreams"!!! Zeke and Zeb Brontrager, were twin brothers who had their hands full, with the life they were struggling to live. A spirited horse, that needed trained, a farm that was in debt and only one of the brothers knew this....and more than they were able to see their way clear. BUT....Darla had her sights set on Zeke and hoped that Amanda and Zeb would follow suit.

Oh, the best laid plans....you will find the twists, turns and outcomes to be fun , entertaining and food for thought. Some things work and some things don't....secrets find a way of getting twisted and even the most hardened bachelor may find his heart doing flips.

I have enjoyed Kathleen Fuller's novels for years. This one does not disappoint. So, sit in your comfy chair, light a candle, grab your snuggly blanket, shut off the news and escape to the village of Birch Creek.....you won't be sorry!!
I was excited to read this book since I enjoy mail order bride stories. A double dose of love was such a good book. You have two twins who are really close. Each looking for something different in their life. Even though I expected the ending, I still enjoyed reading up to it.
A light-hearted Amish romance that follows two sets of twins as they take new chances and find love.

This is a quick fun read, upbeat with quirky characters. Darla King is the more impulsive of the twins, while her sister, Amanda likes to play it safe. Darla sees an advertisement for mail-order brides to a newer Amish settlement, having never been in a relationship before she jumps at the chance to spread her wings. Amanda agrees to go with Darla, but only to watch out for her and make sure that she stays out of trouble.

Amish twins Zeke and Zeb Bontrager are struggling to make ends meet with their shared horse farm, neither of them has time for romance. Zeke's financial struggles and poor business choices threaten to steal both he and his brother's dream.

I enjoyed this quick, lighter read, it is fun and upbeat. I liked that Amanda and Zeb were more more reasonable and level-headed, which allowed me to relate to them more, as sometimes Darla was just too much for me. The members of the Birch Creek community are welcoming and kind, and I liked how the women of the area especially were welcoming to both Amanda and Darla.

This was a enjoyable read that is a great start to the series as it introduces characters that we might see in the future and it has a fun premise. A sweet Amish romance that will bring a smile to your face.

I really enjoyed reading about the 2 sets of twins meeting each other.  I enjoy reading about how identical twins can be so different from each other even though they look alike.  This story had many twists and turns and I like that they think they are going there as mail order brides.  I look forward to reading the next book in the series.  I received a copy of this book from edelweiss for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
I adore this story! I loved the story line about the mail order brides. I loved how it ended. I always get sucked in to Kathleen's fuller stories. I did received this book from netgalley I am very late handing in my review I am sorry for that. I love the twin story that I don't hear of alot.
A Double Dose of Love is the first book in a new series by Kathleen Fuller featuring Amish Mail Order Brides.
I really enjoyed this book that has not one but two sets of twins . The characters are well developed and the story flowed well. I loved, loved, loved it and can't wait to read the next installment. I recommend this book to any fan of good, clean romance.
A Double Dose of Love is a sweet Amish romance that tells the stories of two different, yet somewhat similar, sets of twins.

Zeb and Zeke Bontrager recently purchased a farm together with dreams of training horses and turning the rundown property into something special. Living in a community mostly free of single women, romance is the farthest thing from either of their minds.

Waitress Darla King, on the other hand, is desperate to find love. When she sees a newspaper ad proclaiming the need for wives in Birch Creek, she knows what she has to do. But, will she be able to do it alone? Or will her jaded and always-watchful sister, Amanda, end up tagging along? What are the chances both sisters will find love in this unexpected place?

The author did a fantastic job of making the characters come to life. I found myself shaking my head at Darla's naivety and Zeke's lack of responsibility while relating to Zeb and Amanda's struggle to keep their siblings in line. I did struggle to get into the story in the first few chapters but loved the majority of the book.

If you love a good sweet Amish romance, you'll want to grab A Double Dose of Love.

*I received a complimentary copy of A Double Dose of Love through the publisher and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My positive review is not required.
This first book in author Kathleen Fuller’s new series, An Amish Mail Order Bride, left me eager for book two. It was fun to “watch” two sets of twins work through not falling for each other.

The main characters in this story are appealing and true to life. I did get frustrated as in each twin set, one tried to protect their twin from life. I may have hollered, “let them grow up!” a few times. But that of course was a part of the story line. I felt that way towards Darla’s parents, too. Talk about helicopter parents.

While I knew how the story would end, the journey was enjoyable as I got to know both twin sets, watching them grow and mature into responsible young adults who took ownership of their mistakes and then repaired them. If you enjoy Amish fiction then I think you’ll enjoy A Double Dose of Love.

I received a complimentary copy of this book but was not required to leave a review.
A Double Dose of Love, by Kathleen Fuller, is book one in An Amish Mail-Order Bride Novel. While unpacking a box, Darla finds a newspaper with an add for mail order brides to go to Birch Creek. As she sets her sites on going, her twin sister, Amanda, and parents join forces to allow her twin to go with to convince her to return home.Zeb and Zeke are twin brothers who have purchased a farm. Zeb is left to handle the farm while Zeke spends his time elsewhere, especially at a local restaurant, where Darla gets a job as soon as arriving in town.
This is a nice easy to read story with strong characters. The writing is clear and descriptive. I enjoyed seeing the differences between the siblings. Amanda has always been expected to look after Darla who had issues after being born and is impulsive. She feel like her parents only care about Darla. Darla resents that her parents hold her back. Zeb is the responsible twin who is taking on so many responsibilities while Zeke is the one who avoids responsibilities and hides things from Zeb. I especially enjoyed the parts where the parents realize how they have treated their children and explain it to the children.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from Zondervan Fiction through NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion
Double Dose of Love

This is an amazing start to Kathleen Fuller’s new series, Amish Mail-Order Bride.  It takes place in Birch Creek and we are lucky enough to see some of Kathleen Fuller’s most popular characters, such as Cevilla and Deliah.
It starts off with two sets of twins- Darla and Amanda and Zeke and Zeb.  Darla’s character is delightful! I like how she is not written as a traditional Amish woman.  She has spunk in her.  The brothers are also well written characters.  This is a wholesome book about family, faith, and new beginnings. I look forward to the next books and seeing our favorite characters from Birch Creek.
I received a complimentary copy of the book from Zondercan through NetGalley.  The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Darla and Amanda King are 21 year old identical twins whose parents are overly protective. As the 'responsible' one, Amanda, has always had to look out for impulsive Darla. Up to par for Darla, to see an ad for mail-order brides in Birch Creek, and attempt to sneak out of the house to move to the town and be the answer to the ad for some lucky man! Amanda, promised to go with her if she'd wait a few days and they tell their parents. As usual, Amanda is given the task of looking after Darla and bringing her back home very soon.
Darla has no plans to return home and soon gets hired in a restaurant. Amanda is miserable and trying to pacify their parents through phone calls. Amanda soon realizes that their only concern is for Darla, and it has always been that way. Being the 'responsible' one is overrated, as Amanda would like her parents to also show concern for her.
Zeke and Zeb (also identical twins) live in Birch Creek and have recently purchased property and a house for a business buying, training, and selling horses. Zeb is the responsible one, while Zeke is reckless, selfish, deceptive and a slacker when it comes to work. He is also a very bad manager of finances and dishonest, which brings him no lack of misery.
Do you see where this story is going? The ending was very predictable very early on in the story, but was still a good story.
Darla meets Zeke and is convinced he is the 'one' that God intends for her to marry. Zeke, on the other hand, is just not feeling it.
Amanda had a 'secret' boyfriend before who cheated on her and then dumped her, so she is not looking for romance at all, and seems to believe men cannot be trusted. Besides, her job is to get Darla and herself back home.
Read to see if the two sets of twins find romance.
I was given a free ecopy by the publisher, Zondervan and Netgalley. I was under no obligation to leave a positive review.
Kathleen Fuller’s A Double Dose of Love features identical twins Darla and Amanda.  Darla was so joyful that you could feel her joy radiating off the pages.  She has clearly never met a stranger, much to Amanda’s chagrin.  Darla found a newspaper ad that advertised a town where they needed brides for available men.  No one was able to talk Darla out of her plan of moving, so their parents charged Amanda with keeping an eye on Darla.  I felt so bad for Amanda.  She was almost a third parent to Darla.  I loved Zeke and Zeb, too, the identical twins that the girls met.  They were identical in personalities to Amanda and Darla.   Overall, I really enjoyed this book.  I got to know the characters pretty well.  I also liked the supporting characters.  I am so happy this is going to be a series.  I am looking forward to the next book!  Thank you to Netgalley and Zondervan for the ARC.  All opinions expressed are my own.
Back in the community of Birch Creek with beloved characters Delilah and Cevilla whom have a knack of bringing two people together. This time around it is a double dose of love with twins Zeke and Zeb who live in Birch Creek who are setting up their own horse farm. Darla and Amanda who have come from their community to Birch Creek answering a Mail Order Bride Ad. Darla has always been the protected twin with her parents hovering over while Amanda is the responsible twin. Amanda is only going on the adventure to watch over her sister and to bring her back home as quickly as possible at her parents request.

Upon the set of twins meeting, each of them have faith lessons that they are learning. Zeke and Zeb's relationship is damaged by secrets and insecurities while Darla and Amanda are seeing each other in a different light. I enjoyed the unraveling of these characters and getting to know each one. It is the little things of faith that bring great promise!

A special thank you to Zondervan and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
A Double Dose of Love by Kathleen Fuller is a sweet story featuring two sets of twins. It is the first installment of the Amish Mail Order Bride series. I have enjoyed all the books I have read by Kathleen Fuller and this one does not disappoint.

Darla and Amanda King are sheltered twins in their hometown. Darla almost died when she was born and from that moment on Amanda became her sister’s keeper. Darla’s parents are super overprotective, as is her sister. When Darla sees an ad in the newspaper advertising for a mail-order bride, she sees a way out of her circumstances and a way to get her dreams fulfilled. She tries to sneak away, but Amanda encourages her to wait a few days and she will go with her. Darla sees this as an exciting adventure and Amanda sees it as a way for her sister to have a small adventure and then come home.

Zeb and Zeke are identical twin brothers who are trying to start their own horse farm. Zeb is the responsible one while Zeke is either running from his problems or trying to hide from them. When Zeke meets Darla, he thinks she is a little odd, but is drawn to her. The encounter of Zeb and Amanda is much more humorous, but they are determined to not connect, because they are not looking for love.

This story is well-written, has engaging characters that you are rooting for. It is interesting to see Darla bloom into her own person, with her own ideas, and how much she learns along the way. It is also interesting to see how Amanda changes being away from their parents ruling thumb. While Darla has her heart set on marrying Zeke, and Zeke has his heart set on not getting entangled, will this be a recipe for love or disaster?

I really enjoyed this story. The idea is unique, mail-order brides for an Amish community, and it is executed well. I loved the added element of two sets of twins because it makes the story more interesting and engaging. I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves clean romance stories, the mail-order bride troupe, and those who enjoy stories about the Amish. Fans of Kathleen Fuller will enjoy this newest book from her.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zondervan through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Twin brothers  Zeb and Zeke Bontrager are at odds. Zeke has bought them a horse ranch which includes a half done house and a wild colt.  While trying to get back on good standing, both men can agree that they are not looking for love. However, as the reader knows, that is usually when it hits.
Darla King wants to be married. She also wants away from her parents.  Seeing an ad for mail order brides, she packs and moves out to Birch Creek, Oh.  Her twin, Amanda, is not looking for marriage. She reluctantly moves with Darla vowing to bring her back home.  Once in Birch Creek though, chaos reigns.  When sparks fly, a whole lot of love happens.  I received a copy through Netgalley.  A review was not required.
Kathleen Fuller gives us another great, fun read in her new series, Amish Mail-Order Brides.  I think we have all heard of mail-order brides when the West was being settled, but Amish mail-order brides is not something I would have envisioned in Amish reading.

This is a quick, enjoyable read about two sets of twins, Zeke and Zeb, and Amanda and Darla, who meet when the girls move to a new settlement after reading an advertisement for Amish mail-order brides.  We become a part of their lives as we see the challenges they face as siblings, then as new friends, and how they face life as “grown-ups” learning to live independently of their siblings, but yet maintaining the closeness of twins.

My only criticism of this book was I found it frustrating at times to keep Zeke and Zeb straight with the closeness of their names.  I didn’t experience that with Amanda and Darla.

I recommend this book to all lovers of Amish books.  I received a copy of this book from Zondervan Publishers and NetGalley.  All opinions expressed are my own.