Cover Image: What She Saw

What She Saw

Awesome read!!!! This book had me hooked from the beginning. It was very hard to even put this book down so I had a couple late nights staying up to read. There were some shocking activities in this book. At the beginning it tells you a bit of what happened in the fire. However, there is some shocking news found out later (of course I will not spoil the book). Which makes the storyline even more gripping and nerve racking. You just do not know what will happen. I had my ideas of what may happen and I was basically right but it did not ruin this book for me. Actually if my guess was wrong I would had probably been disappointed. This was just one storyline (about the fire) that was awesome, there is also a second storyline. At first, I was worried it was taking a wrong direction because it went away from the storyline about the fire but oh was I wrong. The second storyline was great too. I was really intrigued and never realized that dogs could be drug pushers. I would highly recommend this book.
What She Saw by Diane Saxon is the third novel to feature DS Jenna Morgan of the Shropshire Police. I was hooked from the very first few pages and it was a brilliant read throughout. This new book by Diane is full of twists and turns that will have you on the edge of your seat - so be warned! it will not disappoint!

I highly recommend What She Saw........and all these books in the DS Jenna Morgan series,

Big thank you to Diane Saxon, Boldwood Books, and NetGalley  for providing me with this book ti review.
I liked parts of the book where the investigation was shown. The beginning was kickass and graphic and I really wanted the cops to find the truth.
Detective Jenna was called to investigate it. Certain moments were quite captivating. I liked how the team worked.
I would have liked more suspense and something which caused my heart to beat faster. The twists, in the end, were great.
Overall, it was a good read. 3.5 stars
I really enjoyed this book, the author really knows what a reader wants!
I've enjoyed the authors previous books and I think that they are getting better and better.
I love how the main characters are protective of each other, they're likeable and feel very real.
This had a great storyline that kept me gripped and a separate one that added even more to the story and I felt excited as to how it would all end.
I highly recommend this book and I look forward to reading more from this author.
My thanks to Boldwood Books via NetGalley.
This was such a great read, enjoyed it thoroughly, i was hooked from the first page, great storyline and loads of twists and turns , highly recommend this book x
This book was fast paced, gripping and realistic. The first one i've read of hers and I’m annoyed that I haven’t read the first two, which I’m sure are just as good!!

After a couple of very graphic opening chapters, I was left incredibly intrigued as to what all the missing puzzle pieces are!!

I loved the way the chapters where logged right down to the time, it really kept up the suspense and kept you on track. There wasn't a single moment where I was lost.

I was hooked and particularly loved Jenna’s and Poppy’s characters... following them both, they were the most interesting characters throughout for me, both written exceptionally well, with very clever story-lines. Sometimes books have the tendency to be a little cluttered with characters but not in this case, It had the perfect balance between key characters and enough background to make it realistic but not detract from the main story.

The journeys of the two police investigations were paced very well and I could tell the whole premise had been researched, it shone through with believability.

Overall a very twisty clever story which you won’t forget anytime soon! Would recommend and i'd love to read a book 2... Here hoping Diane is already writing the sequel!
DS Jenna Morgan returns to investigate a serious fire where it appears owner Gordon Lawrence has killed his entire family the set the house alight.  When the fire is put out and the police are able to enter the premises, there are 5 bodies not 6.  It seems teenage daughter, Poppy has escaped the fire but not sought help from the emergency services.  Is there something more behind the origin of the fire and murders?  DS Morgan and DC Ellis accidentally become involved in a drug bust while on a coffee break.
An action packed police procedural with likeable main characters.  Easy to read in one sitting.  Looking forward to DS Morgans next instalment.
This is the third instalment in the police procedural series.  However, I think that it can be read as a standalone novel.

I really enjoyed the storyline and the characters and found the book to be a compulsive read, with lots of twists and turns throughout.

I have now added the previous two books to my Wishlist and will read these.
Thank you to Netgalley and Boldwood Books for the arc of this book by Diane Saxon.

This was a 5 star read for me as it was a well written amazing book to read, it made me want more as to why i read within 24 hours of reading so well done for this Diane Saxon, you really enthralled me into this book and I could imagine what it is like to be in the story so well done for this i really enjoyed it. Defintiely recommend to anyone.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This was the second in a series, although I didn't realize it until I had already gotten it.  Detective Jenna Morgan is investigating a fire and also accidentally busts up a drug ring.  It was okay. Some things I didn't really like about it, and I don't think I would read more in the series, but it was decent.  3 stars.
This is the third in the series following Detective. sergeant Jenna Morgan.
Gordon Lawrence kills his family and then sets the house on fire.
But Poppy his teenage daughter manages to get out.
But the body count doesn't add up.
And they realise they have a killer on the !oose.
A great book
Thanks NetGalley
This book has to have one of the best opening chapters I have read this year. Was not expecting it at all. Shocked me. Jaw dropping. It did its job and full on dragged me in questioning everything. Hooked. Drawn in. Gripped…

It is book three in a series which I only found after while writing this post (oops) but read really well as a standalone and I will be going back to the previous two books. Brilliantly written, a real page turner I didn’t and couldn’t put down. I wanted answers.

I felt sorry for Poppy! Poor girl. DS Jenna, I loved her. She wasn’t letting anything pass her by she wanted to know the truth and she wasn’t going to stop till she got it. A very determined and strong woman. I can’t recommend this book enough. One to add to your lists. Highly recommend. A well deserved four stars from me.
This is the 3rd book in the Sgt. Jenna Morgan series but the first book I have read by Diane Saxon and I found that the book can be read as a standalone.

The book starts out with a shocking bang as Gordon Lawrence shoots his entire family. His daughter, Poppy, escapes even though she has been shot. Gordon then sets fire to the house. Detective Sergeant Jenna Morgan is called to investigate the fire and death of the Lawrence family but the body count does not add up.

Who shot this family and why? This is an excellent plot but there are multiple side plots that distract from this main plot that I found unnecessary.

I enjoyed the humorous banter between Jenna and her partner, Mason. The older couple, Mr. and Mrs. Crawford were very interesting characters. Gordon Lawrence was a very scary as you didn't know what he was going to do next.

I found the book to be a riveting page-turner and needed to keep reading to find out how it would end. I would highly recommend it to those who love crime thrillers.

I would like to thank Boldwood Books and NetGalley for a free copy for an honest review.
# what She Saw #
On the whole a half decent read, although it did take me a couple of days which is rather unusual of me. I start a book and don’t normally take that long to read it. I can’t say I was totally hooked on the book but at the same time I really wanted to know what happened regarding poppy. Why she ran would she realise it was not her fault. The ending was pretty predictable with a very slight exception. Apart from following Domino, great name for a dog. What happened around that it didn’t really have a back story, I don’t want to say too much but someone goes to a lot of trouble to mislead things. Then goes looking for someone.  To ask what was the point i really didn’t get that. It only felt half finished to me. Lacking in the back story and not fully getting why it was a bit of a loss to me really what was the point in any of it really, hmmm am I missing something I certainly don’t think I did it just made little Sense really. Yet what I did read I enjoyed shame it left me feeling as if only half a book was left unsaid . Hence the mark down on stars
Well, What She Saw kicks off at a fine old pace that had me hooked from page one.
The eerie, heart pounding opening is guaranteed to make you keep on reading. Personally my heart was in my mouth as (without giving too much away) I was silently yelling instructions to the focal character.
As the narrative unfolded, Saxon quickly demonstrates that things are not as they seem and from different characters points of view we learn more and more about the Lawrence family and their lives in Kimble Hall.
Saxon has a nifty knack of really making you feel that you are on the page with each character and I found myself pondering the clues and twists and turns in between read fests - it's one of those books that keeps you wondering where the truth lies and who you should believe.
As a character, I found DS Jenna Morgan intriguing and empathetic and I enjoyed finding out more about her as a person. This is the first of Diane Saxon's books that I've read, but it won't be the last as I am impatient to become reacquainted with Jenna Morgan and her team. This was a solid four star read from me.
I read this for a blog tour.

This is a dark and twisted tale of power and control, where one man's determination to hold his family in his grip ends in terrible tragedy.

As the police try to make sense of the horrific scene at Kimble Hall, one survivor attempts to make it through the next few days on her wits alone, aware that the murderer could find her at any moment.

Brutal, gripping and with moments that will leave you gasping, this tension builds to a violent and horrifying end.
I really enjoyed this book and the author's writing style was perfect.

I loved the intrigue that was built up a sthe book progressed and it was a brilliant thriller.

I found the plot to be excellent, it was well developed and the characterisation were perfect - the characters all worked really well with the story and the interaction was spot on, I thought it was a really great read.

I was hooked from the start and read the book in an evening staying up later than planned to finish it off after I was so engrossed!

It is 4.5 stars from me for this one, rounded up to 5 stars for Goodreads and Amazon, I thought that it was a really good story, well developed and additive read - highly recommended!!
This is the first book I’ve read by this author! This book is part of a series and this is book 3 but can be read alone. Wow it was gripping! I was drawn in right from the beginning by the plot, it was like a headline from the papers! Shocks you to the core and makes you want to read deeper into it! Diane explains the characters and their emotions brilliantly throughout which really connects you to each character. A fantastic gripping read!
This is the third book I've read by Saxon  and she's quickly becoming a favorite of mine. She has a way of writing captivating police procedurals with misdirection and lots of twists and turns throughout. Saxon is able to put the right balance between the main characters personal life along side the crime that has me devouring her books.

The Lawrence family had the picture perfect family persona. Until one night when Gordon Lawrence kills his family and sets his house on fire, hiwever  he doesn't envision that his teenage daughter will escape.  Jenna Morgan is called to investigate the suspected arson. Morgan determined to find the culprit, as the case progresses she realizes she's looking for a cold blooded killer. This is definitely one rollercoaster ride of a book that starts off with a big bang that grabs your attention, with an addictive plot that keeps you wanting more.
‘What She Saw’ is the third book in the bestselling series featuring Detective Sergeant Jenna Morgan.  I have loved each and every one of Diane’s books and ‘What She Saw’ is no exception.  I thoroughly enjoyed every single second of ‘What She Saw’ but more about that in a bit.
What can I saw about DS Jenna Morgan?  Let’s just say that I felt as though I had reunited with an old friend in Jenna.  Over the course of the series we have learnt quite a bit more about her and why she is the way she is.  Not only do we have an insight into her work life but we also sneak a peek at her personal life.  When the story begins both her personal and work lives seem fairly stable.  She is in the beginnings of a new relationship and things have calmed down as regards her sister’s personal life, although they still have to get through the trauma of a trial.  Jenna is hard working, conscientious, determined, thorough, methodical, tenacious, sassy, kind, compassionate, caring and sensitive.  She is in charge of a small team but they seem to get on with each other and have each other’s backs.  The case as described in ‘What She Saw’ is set to test Jenna and her team as they have never been tested before.  Will Jenna and her team solve the case?  Well for the answer to that question and so much more you are just going to have to read the book for yourselves to find out as I am not going to tell you.
Oh my word, ‘What She Saw’ is an amazing story.  I was gripped by this book from the moment I read the synopsis and the story within the covers of the book just sealed the deal as it were.  ‘What She Saw’ developed a hold over me and it was a hold that I wasn’t willing to break.  For me, ‘What She Saw’ was an unputdownable, page turner of a read.  My Kindle wasn’t exactly glued to my hand but it might as well have been because it travelled everywhere with me.  I just couldn’t bear to miss a single second of the story for fear of missing a vital clue or such like.  I managed to read ‘What She Saw’ in one single day, which for me is pretty good going, since I am easily distracted and I find it hard to concentrate at times.
‘What She Saw’ is brilliantly written but then I have thought that to be true of Diane’s books in general.  For me, the story hit the ground running and maintained a fast pace throughout.  Diane certainly knows how to grab your attention from the start and she draws you into the story.  Once Diane has your attention then she will not let you have it back until the moment that you read the last word on the last page.  This was one of those books that I still think about even after I have finished reading it.  ‘What She Saw’ is a tightly plotted, gripping story which had me on the edge of my seat throughout.  I felt as though I was another member of DS Morgan’s team and part of the story myself, which is all thanks to Diane’s very vivid and realistic writing style.
In short, I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘What She Saw’ and I would definitely recommend that you read it.  I will certainly be reading more of Diane’s work in the future.  The score on the Ginger Book Geek board is a very well deserved 5* out of 5*.