Cover Image: Save the Last Dance

Save the Last Dance

Each of these novels in the series feature a different sister that has come together through DNA testing and has agreed to live together for a year. This one features Kimber Klein who has just retired from her modeling career. She is trying to discover her gifts and where she fits into her community. Kimber has started to volunteer at a school in Bridgeport, Ohio where she meets Gunnar through his teenage son, Jeremy.

I enjoyed learning about Gunner who is a kindhearted, gentleman type of sweet guy. Kimber cannot believe he is real, given the world she came from. Gunnar’s mom is a hoot, and I adored the way Gunnar is willing to help her out by agreeing to be her dance partner. Just so happens Kimber’s sister owns the dance studio Gunnar, and his mom will be going to. This novel will make you smile and in some parts bit your nails.

This is a fun, feel good book to read especially now that it takes place during the Christmas season. Shannon runs the dance studio and is performing the Nutcracker. Traci is busy with her baby and being a police officer as Kimber is trying to navigate her way to a new life and avoid getting hurt by her stalker.

Each of these novels can be read as a stand-alone but it’s a richer experience when you read them in order. This was a warm-hearted, family fun series I hated to see end. The author begins the novel by telling readers about her next series, she says, “I’m honestly a little sad to say goodbye to all the characters and places I made up in the fictional town of Bridgeport. I loved writing all six books set here, both the Dance with Me trilogy and the original Bridgeport Social Club series. I’m so pleased to share that I’ve recently been given another contract from Blackstone. These books will be more romantic suspense in nature and take place in Ross County, Ohio. They feature English characters but many Amish secondary characters – which of course, are close to my heart. I hope you enjoy Edgewater Road, the first book in the series, which will be published in 2021.”
I really wanted this book to end with a BANG and where it was amazing all throughout, the ending left me kind of ho hum. I'm not going to give away any spoilers but I feel like the relationship was built SO sweetly and then BOOM, the ending happens out of nowhere and the story is over. It kind of reminds me of the Harry Potter series - where the last book suddenly is in the future where everyone is married and it's over. There's nothing to show how the proposal went, etc. I absolutely ADORED the story up until the last chapter. It's a great love story but leaves a little more to be desired at the end.
I was, unfortunately, underwhelmed by this book. I was expecting a little more especially with the current reviews and rating. It seemed as if the relationship between Kimber and Gunner can up all of a sudden. They went for friends to “serious” relationship without a smooth transition. The best part of the book to me was the kid Gunner was fostering. He was a good addition and his character shined through the most in the book.

I just reviewed Save the Last Dance by Shelley Shepard Gray. #SavetheLastDance #NetGalley
This felt like a Mary Higgins Clark book crossed with Janette Oke, with an edited version of Love Actually thrown in. It wasn't super Christian, but there were Christmas-themed scriptures at the start of some chapters. It had a YA romance involving adoption, dance classes, and school dances. It had a bit of a romance between a semi-retired model and a regular guy in her new adopted hometown in Ohio (?), although I am not sure how that was supposed to have formed in maybe 3 in-person interactions. And then there is the suspense/mystery, although it's pretty much spelled out for you who the villain is almost immediately. And the villain is the only one who (sensibly) proclaims that he hates Ohio. There are loose ends that don't get tied up, and just a lot going on, but it's a quick read.
I have always enjoyed Gray’s books as Christian fiction offerings. I have to say the last few that I have read are not that genre. It’s not that I didn’t like this book, I did.  It’s just a different style than what I am used to by this author. I enjoyed Kimmer and Gunnar’s story and the way it intertwined with the other sisters. A good finish to the series.
Thank you NetGalley, Blackstone Publishing and Shelley Shepard Gray for gifting me an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!
	Kimber leaves her successful modeling career in New York and heads home to small town Ohio, feeling more than a little lost in life. Not everything in the city was great, a stalker has been harassing Kimber and after discovering her tires slashed, she’s afraid they have followed her to Ohio. She meets a teen named Jeremy while volunteering at the local library and later got to meet his foster father, Gunnar. Readers are taken along as Kimber and Gunnar’s connection grows and Kimber’s roots start to form.
 I will be honest, I wasn’t blown away by this one. Don’t get me wrong, it was a good novel, but the romance was just not highlighted enough for me. I would put this as Women’s Fiction or General Fiction with a handful of romance, a pinch of sisterhood and a splash of suspense. I was in the mood for an in-depth romance and there was just a little too much going on in this one to really feel connected with any storyline! I am not a fan of duel timelines or plots, it tends to distract me!
This series is about three sisters who never knew the others existed until a DNA test was run.  I love how they all make the sacrifice of their current lives in order to move together and get to know one another.  Kimber Klein left behind her glamorous life of modeling. With it she hopes her stalker has given up.  Finding her tires slashed, Kimber cannot help but fear that he has found her.  Gunner comes to the aid of the beautiful young woman with slashed tires.  He likes his life simple but adding a foster son and possible love interest tends to complicate things.  I love how these sisters interact and take care of each other.  I also love the introduction of the foster son Jeremy and his first love interest Bethany.  They were so sweet together.  Each of these books can be read as a stand alone but the series is one worth investing in.  Shelley Gray writes stories to appeal to all.  Her characters are well balanced and relatable.  I have enjoyed visiting Bridgeport, Ohio and these three sisters. I received a copy through Netgalley.  A review was not required.
Save the Last Dance
The Dance With Me Series - Book 3
By Shelley Shepard Gray

Blackstone Publishing - November 2020

Contemporary Romance

Kimber Klein had recently retired from a successful career as a model, and was glad that life was behind her. She had enough money that she didn’t need to work, but she needed to do something. So far, she busied herself by helping others, including volunteering at the elementary school library, and assisting her sister at the dance studio. She also really liked being able to eat what she wanted, and when she wanted, especially since one of her roommates was a brilliant cook and enjoyed experimenting. She now never had to say no. She had thought her modelling life was behind her, until one day when her tires were slashed and she feared a stalker from her past had resurfaced.

Gunnar Law was still adjusting to his new life. He had taken in a teenaged foster son, and the two of them were slowly settling in together. They were also discussing making everything official with adoption. They help Kimber when she is stuck with two flat tires, and Gunnar sees not just a beautiful woman who was a model. He sees a beautiful woman who helps others and seems a perfect addition to their life.

Save the Last Dance is the perfect ending to the Dance With Me series. Gunnar is a wonderful hero, worried about making the right decisions, dedicated to his new son, and fearful of his mother. Well, not really, but it was endearing to see his reaction to her. It is interesting to see Kimber work at finding her new footing post-modeling career. I loved how she took an interest in volunteering, both officially at the school, and simply with her sister. I am sad to leave Bridgeport, but look forward to Ms Gray's next series.

Kathy Andrico - KathysReviewCorner.com
A good addition to the series.  Save the Last Dance is very well written.  Good plot and character dynamics.  I highly recommend it.  I received an advance ebook from the publisher and Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
My least favorite of the series. There were too many subplots and not enough about the main romance. An okay series overall, I would have preferred a romance story instead of romantic suspense.

Thank you to Blackstone Publishing and NetGalley for this ARC, in exchange for an honest review.
Kimber is the  third sister in this trilogy. Kimber is sweet and kind she is at a crossroads. She was a successful model.  She wants more in her life.  She meets  Gunnar who is wonderful foster dad to teenager Jeremy. Gunnar was burned in the past at first he was afraid to put himself out there again. Kimber and Gunnar clicked.  Gunnar and Kimber have wonderful chemistry. This book perfect amount of small town romance and suspense.  I loved the secondary romance of Jeremy and Bethany.  I am going to miss fictional town of Bridgeport. I loved these three sisters.  This is wonderful sisters trilogy. I recommend this trilogy to anyone who loves small town romances.
Since I loved the first book in the series, I was looking forward to reading this book. This book centers on the third sister Kimber, who was a successful model in NYC. Kimber has left that life behind and is trying to determine what her future will be. When Kimber's tires are slashed, Gunnar and his foster son Jeremy come to the rescue. Kimber is concerned that her NYC stalker has come to Ohio. I received a free copy of this ebook from the publisher though Netgalley. This is my honest and voluntarily given review. This book is a story centered more about relationships than suspense. Most of the suspense is towards the end of the book. I like that this book contained two sweet romances told from four different points of view. The secondary one is a YA romance which fits smoothly in the storyline. At times, the story doesn't flow smoothly and a couple of minor events are not followed through. I wondered what happened to Kimber's modeling job when it was unexpectedly interrupted. Also, towards the end of the book, Traci asks Gunnar to do something. When it isn't done in a timely manner, Traci asks a different question than I expected. The story was good, but could have used a little more editing for flow.
I was looking forward to this book, the third sister and final of the new family.
This is Kimber's story, sister to Shannon and Traci, and we get updates here, we are all together!
Kimber is a beautiful young woman whom has had a successful modeling career, and is now enjoying her found family.
As we journey this final book in this series we get to meet Gunner and his foster/soon to be his son Jeremy, and we get a look into each of their lives.
This read brings us to the Christmas season and the dance studio is doing the Nutcracker, Traci is busy with the baby and being a police officer and Kimber get a chance for the job of a lifetime.
There are surprises and bombshells that are dropped, and it will keep you on your toes!
I wish there were more reads in this series, I loved meeting these sisters!
I received this book through Net Galley and Blackstone Publishing, and was not required to give a positive review.
Kimber has stepped away from her career as a model and is spending time with her newly found sisters Traci and Shannon.  She's also hopefully escaped a stalker but then one day she finds her tires have been slashed while she's volunteering at a school.  Jeremy, one of the teens, calls his father Gunnar and well, Kimber's life changes again.  This is the third in a series- each book about one sister- but it's fine as a standalone.  Each of these women has had a tough go but each of them has found happiness with each other and with a love interest.  What makes this special is that Gunnar is fostering to adopt Jeremy, who is a terrific character.  There aren't, to be honest, any big surprises here but that's not why you read this sort of novel, is it?  This is nicely written with characters you will root for.  Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.  It's got a huge heart and it cheered me up.
I received this copy from netgalley. I love Shelley shepard gray books. I loved the story and the cover and the characters. I can't wait to read more of her book's.
I am a sucker for romance novels with sappy happy endings, I also wish I had read the first 2 books didn’t even know this is all part of a series. Anyway, Kimber is a model, she decides to retire from her career, move to Ohio, and get away from her crazy life in NYC. Then she meets Gunnar and his foster son, and she’s in love.

Now this book is a little complicated to me mainly because there was so many subplots, and Kimber and her sisters have backstories, and the people in their lives as well, there was just so much going on, it was such a sweet romance novel though and I felt the love and loved Kimber and Gunnar’s romance, I loved his mother she was really funny and last but not least Jeremy, his foster son and his budding romance with his high school crush, I would love to know where they will be in future books.

For sure read the other books before this one. Thanks Netgalley, the author and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book.
If you are new to the series, it centers around three sisters that at a very young age were given up for adoption, separated and never knowing the others existed. It was a Shannon , the main character in book one, that discovered she had sisters and reunited them in the town of Bridgeport. Each of their upbringing was totally different. From Shannon growing up as a Southern Bell, Traci Lucky, growing up in the foster system and the protagonist in this book, Kimber Klein, growing up in NYC becoming a well known model.
Kimber has left her career and a stalker behind. But she’s at a loss as to what to do with her life. While volunteering at a school library, she meets young Jeremy and later his foster dad, Gunnar Law, when he comes to her rescue after her tires are slashed.
There is an attraction between them and as the story progresses, so does their attraction.
But the story is more a vignette of scenes about the lives of the three sisters and their “sisterhood”, life in Bridgeport, the budding young love of Jeremy and Bethany, and Gunnar’s mother. It also gives the reader a glimpse of being a foster parent wanting to adopt a child.
I loved Gunnar, his mom Willa and Jeremy. I also enjoyed “seeing” how Shannon and Traci were doing.
I have to confess that though it was a good story, I just never warmed up to Kimber and book 1  continues to be my favorite in the series.
Having read not only this series, but also The Bridgeport Social Club series, I will miss spending time in Bridgeport.
I was entrusted a copy of this book by Netgalley. The opinions expressed are solely my own.
I didn't want this series to end! I loved getting to know the people of Bridgeport and especially the three sisters.  As Kimber found out, sometimes it takes a bit to see what's really important.  Often it's the people around us more than anything that gives so much light and beauty to our days.

Kimber is a little out of sorts as she leaves her modeling career for small town Ohio.  She's hoping she's left her stalker behind as well.  After a day reading to kids at the library, things get a little more complicated.  Life is not as carefree as she'd like it to be.

Kimber and her sisters are still coming to know one another.  They're all very different.  I appreciate their intentionality in being in each other's lives even at great personal cost.

While you could easily read this book as a standalone, do yourself a favor and read the whole Dance With Me series...and the Bridgeport Social Club series.  They all have a strong message of family.  I'd highly recommend it.

Bridgeport Social Club series:

Book 1:  Take a Chance

Book 2:  All In

Book 3:  Hold on Tight

Dance With Me series:

Book 1: Shall We Dance

Book 2:  Take the Lead

Book 3:  Save the Last Dance
I enjoyed this series about sisters who reunited after being separated at birth. In each book, one of the sisters has found her match and this time this no exception for Kimber, the youngest who was still looking for what would make her happy.

Kimber was sick of modeling and decided for a chance and she was still struggling finding her way. Living with her sisters in Ohio and learning to know them made her happy for sure but she hasn’t a career which did not really satisfy her anymore. Gunnar is a foster dad on his way to adopt Jeremy, a teen who was trying to adapt and to be comfortable around him.

However, I was glad to read Kimber’s story because she was more discreet, slightly down compared to her sisters but she was just looking to find her balance and a simple life.
I was glad to see more about her and to better identify her own viewpoints.
Gunner was down to earth and caring, kinda old fashioned and sweet.

Kimber and Gunnar were very sweet together, supportive and caring but it was too quick for me to really connect with them. I wish I could root for them like the other couples. I wanted to feel that swoony feeling and charm in the air but it didn’t really happen equally. It was more grounded.

I appreciated the relationship between Gunnar and Jeremy. It was interesting and well developed. A bit clumsy but full of good feelings.

As much as I adored this series, I felt that too many things were going on this last installment. Too many subplots that somehow overshadowed Kimber and Gunnar’s story. It wasn’t that bad but I was more invested in Bethany and Jeremy’s story. They were too freaking adorable.
In the final installment of Dance with me series, Shelley Shepard Gray takes us back to a ride to Bridgeport. This time we are getting the story of Kimber Klein, the youngest of the sisters trio.

From the start Kimber was a enigmatic character, a new transplant from the big city NY. After leaving her modelling career behind for a life with her long lost sisters she assumed all the bad memories have also lost her trail. Every thing was well until a blast from her past strikes back again.
The love interest for Kimber is Gunnar Law, who is fostering a teen named Jeremy since last six months and has been planning to adopt him soon. Kimber and Gunnar's meet cute happens outside a Library when Kimber's tires are punctured by a mysetious stalker. But Gunnar steps in to help her.I really like how Shelley Shepard Gray always includes a important topic (featuring crimes against women) in the form of a side character in her Dance with me series, in the first one we found a Rape victim, on Traci's story we got a abuse victim and on this one there's a stalker story.
There's a side track love story about Jeremy and his crush Bethany, which was cute and adorable teenage romance.

The sisterhood is the main theme of this series and I absolutely enjoy this sort of trope. I'm so overwhelmed as the series is over as well as glad that the three sisters finally receive their happily ever afters. Cheers to sisterhood.

I have loved the first two books specially the second one, I had high hopes for this one, I was slightly let down. I felt, the subplots with Stalker, Adoption and the teen romance between Bethany and Jeremy were given more focus than the love story between the actual main characters Gunnar and Kimber. However it's not all bad, Gunnar and Kimber have a great understanding and are always there for each other. It's just that the vibes were dim. In this case, I preferred the teen romance than the love story between the main characters.

Nevertheless, the main characters were well developed. Gunnar was really a sweet guy, I loved his concerns and caring nature. I am glad to finally read about Kimber, beneath all fancy layers she's a simple girl craving a simple life. I'm happy that she got to balance her life and got what she wanted.
Overall, it was a nice experience reading this  lighthearted book.