Cover Image: Love's Garden

Love's Garden

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

The book was based on and looked into the hearts of mothers along with motherless children with war and upheaval from 1898 to 1950 being the years it was set against.

It gave me an insight into this period and I also learned a bit about India’s history that I was unaware of.

The style of writing made for a slow read but I enjoyed the book.
This is such a lovely read, because even as you take a few tentative steps into Love's Garden, you're drawn into the world of the  enigmatic women who inhabit its pages. There are men too, but it's the women whose lives are intriguing, fascinating - with all that is spoken and unspoken, hinted at, imagined... Nandini Bhattacharya's novel is layered, continuously surprising the reader in a way that I found very rewarding. It's not often that one feels sad when one finishes reading a book, but along with a deep sense of satisfaction, I also felt sad as I left Love's Garden. A part of it will linger on though, it's that kind of a book...
This book delved deep into the hearts of mothers and motherless children with war and unrest in India from 1898 to 1950 as it's backdrop.  I enjoyed the book and learned some of India's history that I did not know.  The writing style did make for a dense, sometimes slow read but it was worth it.

Thank you to Aubade Publishing and NetGalley for access to this ARC.
I really wanted to love this. The storyline was all over the place. I had a hard time connecting with the characters. It felt very jumbled and it needed to picked apart and put back together.
Thank you NetGalley and Aubade Publishing for the eARC.
I love books set in India as I lived there for a couple of years, but this story did not grab me at all.  Pity, I was so looking forward to reading it, but had to give up after several chapters.  Sorry!
I requested and received this book this morning and proceeded to read it.  Now, I have read many a book about India; albeit historical fiction, but nonetheless I have enjoyed them.  Not so with this book.  I knew after 5 chapters that this wouldn't be for me.  Didn't care for the writing ...not what I expected.