Cover Image: Christmas Ever After

Christmas Ever After

I just love Karen Schalers writing. It feels like home and excuses comfort and Christmastime. Reading her novels have come to be a seasonal rite of passage.
I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This book is well written and the characters are described well. This book is set in New York, Colorado, and Arizona mentioning Hawaii and Florida. The romance between Luke and Riley is great. It makes you want to visit New York during Christmas time. This book is in stores for $15.99 (USD). It is a really great Christmas romance book.
This is the second Christmas book I have read by Karen Schafer. I really like her writing style. She draws her readers in. I loved the ending. Her Christmas stories are filled with love, joy and understanding.
When I requested this one, it was due to me needing a pick me up and Christmas-themed romance books tend to do that for me.  And this one totally fits my needs.  Good writing, good characters, good fun read.
Christmas Ever After by Karen Schaler is a fun, charming, and hilarious read. The cast of characters make this book pop to life. I love how fiery the female protagonist is. However, she has a bit too much attitude for me to really say she's a great character to love. She is a great in the fact her flaws make her real. That's the best thing of all. The other main characters were more likable and interesting. I loved how Riley was described a a prima donna. She truly is one whether she thinks so or not. Finding true love, salvaging careers, and a piece of themselves-these characters have a lot happening in their world. It's engaging to read. I was hooked. I had to find out more. A woman who doesn't believe in Christmas at first finally finds her way back to it and the meaning of true love. In the end, Riley became the woman she was meant to be. Luke was an amazing hero. I loved him from the start. Every woman needs a man like Luke. Overall, this story was sweet and heartfelt. I recommend it to all.
This is the first book I've read by this author, but definitely won't be the last.  What a wonderful holiday story.  I enjoyed it from beginning to end.
Thank you Karen Schaler, HawkTale Publishing and NetGalley for allowing me an advance copy in exchange for my honest feedback.
I loved this festive book. It was an attention getter from the beginning. It kept me interested and held my attention throughout the entire story.  This is such a great read. A Hallmark movie in the making. I recommend this book and author.
This was the perfect Christmas book! I loved reading about Riley and accompany her on her (surprising) romantic adventures. The plot was the best thing ever - it was unlike anything I've ever read before. The supporting characters, the festive ambience, the setting of Christmas Lake Lodge, the friendships and the romance were just perfect. I enjoyed reading it so much! ❤

My only complain : I felt like the story dragged a bit after the first half. It might be just me though. 4.75/5 stars!
This was a lovely seasonal read, well written and fun.  The first I’ve read by Karen Schafer but it won’t be the last.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for letting me read this book in exchange for a review. I will be putting this review on Amazon too.
Love this sweet Christmas romance.

Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
This author is not my favorite. I gave her a second chance after not liking "Christmas Camp", but I didn't love this one either.
Thank you to Netgalley & Karen Schaler for my copy of Christmas Ever After, for an honest review.  Riley Reynolds is a famous author and she is reeling from her last book’s, poor reviews. Her publisher and her agent mobilize to turn things around by having Riley write a Christmas book. With the holidays, approaching they jump on the bandwagon and have Riley go on tv to promote her upcoming novel. During that tv interview, Riley sends out the wrong message to 3 ex boyfriend’s. Along with the tv interview they also plan a Christmas Holiday vacation in a small, snow filled community. The setting is perfect, the lodge is amazing and the owner is wonderful. The week at the lodge is filled with confusion, fun times and love. Will Riley, who never liked Christmas to begin with, learn to love it and write a book? Or will this whole plan back fire and leave Riley in worse shape than before? This was a very cute, quick read. I enjoyed the story and the characters. This story has everything a Rom Com, Holliday book should have. I am glad I had a chance to read it. I gave this one 4 stars. I have also shared this on my Instagram page.
A sweet, fun, and entertaining Christmas story that’s original and full of character. A bestselling author who knows next to nothing about Christmas forced into pretending she does and also forced into being in the most Christmasy of Christmas places ever. Her being reunited with people from her past is almost a sweet and funny play on A Christmas Carol, although it was nothing like that. Loved the setting of the cottage. A fun read.
Riley Reynolds a romance novel writer, stop celebrating Christmas after her father died when she was a young girl. Her last novel has not been the hit she was expecting and now to save her career as a write she must write a Christmas love story. Her publicist  organised the promotional book event at Christmas Lake Lodge in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Whilst Riley is sceptical about Christmas, Luke, the owner of the lodge shares some of his family traditions of this magical time of the year. Riley will not only have to find her Christmas spirit to host the event but also face three of her ex boyfriends who want to win her back. Will she find love with one of the men she loved before or will she find a new love this Christmas. A perfect Christmas book!
Christmas Ever After was a perfect holiday comfort read. It was like watching a Hallmark movie! The characters were adorable, I loved Riley, and though you knew what was going to happen it was still enjoyable. A light hearted and easy read I would absolutely recommend!
This arc copy was provided by netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I love Christmas books and Christmas films and this was one of the best.
The descriptions of Scotland were fantastic. This was a perfect Christmas film in the making.
3.5 stars, rounded up to a 4. This is a Hallmark Christmas movie in book form - you know from the first moment that the characters are introduced who will fall in love, and what the stumbling blocks will be, but it's still an enjoyable read. Zero steam but I didn't expect any going in so wasn't disappointed.
Riley, who doesn’t do Christmas, finds herself having to write a Christmas romance novel in order to save her writing career. When a journalist asks her how she can write about romance when she hasn’t found the one, Riley really starts to feel the pressure. After making an offhand remark Riley about having had great love in her past her three ex-boyfriends decide to show up at her Christmas Camp book event to win her back.

So Riley finds herself at a place in the country with an owner who seems to have a less than positive opinion of her, three ex boyfriends all vying for her and a bunch of fans who are expecting her to regale them with stories of her past Christmasses, little knowing that she hasn’t celebrated Christmas since her dad passed away when she was a child.

There are of course the usual misunderstandings, and misreading of situations in this book which all help to keep the story light hearted and festive. I did find the first few chapters a bit surreal and wondered if she was going to wake up and find it was all a dream as it was just a bit farcical.

That being said, following Riley as she not only tries to find her way back to enjoying Christmas but also finding her way back to her ex boyfriends was a really pleasant read. Is it one that will stay on my bookshelf….probably not. Would I read another book by the same author….yes I would. Are the recipes at the end of the book any good….yes they are. Book may be worth it just for the recipes alone!

This book has been made into a film and was on Channel 5 over Christmas, however the film has a very loose link to the book so if you go to watch it expecting to see Riley learning about the Christmas Angels or why the tree on the lake is always lit then you will be disappointed.
i love every single book karen schaler has written. she is amazing and this book did not disapoint! read it during christmas. so like right now.
This is the story about a Riley, an author and a self proclaimed grinch who has to become Miss Christmas for a Christmas Camp she is hosting for a new Christmas book she is supposed to be writing. Then it turns into an episode of The Bachelorette and I just wanted it to end. I will admit to enjoying the cheesiness of it all, it would make for a great Hallmark Christmas movie.